Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What's so special about Ash's Pikachu?

did anyone else notice Pikachu' s quick attack vs lucario? I mean, I know he had to have a powerup for his last battle of the league but HOLY CRAP that looked powerful.

Personally I don't see anything special about Ash's pikachu other than it's a strong pikachu like what other people have been saying...
    I kind of have been getting tired of Ash using his pikachu to win a ton of battles now a days, at least that's what he's been doing since the last time I watched the series.

I think the series needs a reboot.
    But that is just my opinion! Don't flame me please haha :P
    Currently PlayingPokemon X

Shinys so far: ;541;

Nothing, except it somehow amazingly takes out the toughest pokemon, only to lose to a meh pokemon some time later.

Name: Puggy
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Spoiler:- Banners!:
        Spoiler:- Banners!:

Ash's Pikachu is very special. Very often, almost every time a new trainer meets his Pikachu, he or she wants to adopt him right away. If I recall correctly, there have been occasions when new trainers want to battle Ash for Pikachu. Luckily, Ash beats them all to keep his ownship of Pikachu. For example, in the Black and White episode, Battling the Bully, Pikachu battles Krokorok. An explosion caused by their attack sends Pikachu flying to a park area where he meets a little boy, Nick. Nick really wants to adopt Pikachu. Later on, Ash and his gang manage to track down Pikachu and have a conversation with Nick. This clearly proves that he is not only special, but also popular.

There is one more thing I have to add to my last post. Ash's Pikachu knows how to swim. I have seen him go under water with Ash.
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 3rd February 2013 at 4:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miles0624 View Post
    Because of its awesome reset button. How else could it beat a Latios, then lose to a snivy?
    Yeah. Whenever Ash gets bored of winning all the time *boop* he presses the reset button on Pikachu so that he can enjoy the fun of losing to Snivy! xD

Ash's Pikachu is the only Pikachu that knows how to fly. You can see him fly in the Japanese version. Believe me. I am not lying.

Ash's pic'a can beat legendary pokes, when it's to common pokes battles he fail hard sometimes.
    Favorite Pokemon
    With Everstone
    [HeartGold] Most people may not notice, but a closer look should reveal that there are many GEODUDE around.
    FC Code : 3182-5656-5113

Its power supposedly exceeds its evolutionary level.

Maybe he has perfect IVs?

Quote Originally Posted by miles0624 View Post
    Because of its awesome reset button. How else could it beat a Latios, then lose to a snivy?
    I have a soloution for that. Early on, it was demonstrated that Pikachu can take electricity from his surroundings. It was also demonstrated that he can store electricity for an amount of time. Thus, when Pikachu wins, he's either fully charged, or there's a source of electricity he can pull from. When he looses, he's not, or there's not.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Perfect IVs and EVs. Also probably is mutated to have better stats. Plus Pikachu is just an awesome all around Pokemon.
    My Y Team:

Pikachu is special because he is Ash's starter. Pikachu also beat/tied in battles with legendaries

first it was a regular shitty pikachu. but then Ash gave his pickachu loads of love and suddenly the pickachu became really strong.
    you see guys? always give pokemon love.
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

team rocket started chasing pikachu because it blew up a pokemon centre. But that was partly koffing's fault. I guess it is strong for a pikachu, but compared to most pokemon it is weak.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Ash's pikachu is the best. Pikachu is adorable, awesome, friendly, loyal, strong, and just so amazing...but I do agree he should have been much stronger than he was in the unova region. And even without electric attacks, it should NOT have lost to trip's snivy. Or Cress' panpour either, for that matter. But no matter what, I still love it It did have so many great episodes in the earlier seasons....it was so awesome and is such a great character. Pika!
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

The only reason Team Rocket consider it special is because they don't want to admit they are incompetente so it must the strongest pokemon ever.

It probably has perfect IV's of 31 in everything... that's why team rocket need it!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

The reason Ash's Pikachu is so special is because Since Ash Ketchum is the main character and his Pikachu is the Pokemon mascot, Everyone loves him want wants him.

Also because Red is Ash's counterpart and has A Pikachu, So many people want it.
    SonicLife is my name, And Burning way past cool is my game!

The answer is found in all three mediums combined : TCG, Videogame and Anime. The TCG deals with energy management and chaos management, the videogame deals with strategy and stat management, and the anime deals with real life style improvisation and bonding.
    First,From the TCG perspective, Pickachu's attacks would be defined as being powerful as the number of energy cards are attached to it. In anime terms and videogame terms, it's how long did pikachu have to charge. According to the TCG, higher level mons take longer to charge and attack, thus allowing quick weaklings or speedy glass cannons to knock them out. This is definitely seen in the anime.
    Second, from the anime, since the anime has real-life-like settings, just as in real life if you don't do something for awhile, lose concentration or confidence, you will lose some efficiency. In a similar way, Pikachu's potential is great, but whether he or Ash is able to use it is another story.
    Third, the anime mentions aura (chi?) as a source of power,etc. So there is some in-story mechanics that we don't fully understand.
    But in a story where little penguins can summon tidal waves in the middle of the desert, the oddities of a certain pikachu shouldn't be surprising nor of concern.

Nothing is really special about Pikachu. Just because Team Rocket thought so doesn't mean it's true.
    ---

Friendship between ash pikachu

There is absolutely nothing special whatsoever about Ash's Pikachu. It is just another Pikachu and should be treated as such by the likes of Team Rocket.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

Nothing except for the fact that its been through a lot along with Ash ketchum and is the mascot of pokemon in everything from toys, games, movies, and shows.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

In Unova's Survival Crisis, after failing their evil plot, Giovanni and his team leave by their spaceship. This is exactly what Jessie says to James on the spaceship.

Jessie says, "There is no doubt. That is one special Pikachu." James replies, "Yes."

I believe that Ash's Pikachu is the most special one of all.

What do you mean by the question? Why does everyone love/hate him or what sets him apart from other pikachus?
    Ah, I'll answer both.
    As for the first one, its the first Pokemon brought to the west... I think, but even if it wasn't, it was the first starter for Ash, and Ash and his Pikachu made Pokemon popular in the first place.
    As for question two,
    Nothing. His Pikachu isn't special at all.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast