Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-Dream World Global Link Features Discussion

Default Non-Dream World Global Link Features Discussion

Figure we need a thread for this.

Basically, discuss the parts of the Global Link that aren't Dream World related so C-Gears, tournaments, the report features etc

To start off, a new WiFi tournament for B2W2 was announced

For those with the Japanese games, the first Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 WiFi Tournament has been announced. This tournament is called The Beginning Cup and is only available in Black 2 & White 2. This tournament is also the first tournament to feature the new rules about disconnecting, which penalise you and is also the first to be seperated into categories based on the date of birth listed on your Global Link account; Masters for those born before 1996, Senior for those born between 1996 and 2000 and Junior for those born after 2001. This tournament has 50,000 spaces with 10,000 being in Juniors and 20,000 in both Seniors and Masters.
    This is a Double Batle tournament open only for Pokémon in the Black 2 & White 2 Unova Pokédex, bar Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect. Registration opens on August 20th until August 23rd 23:59 JST and the tournament runs from August 24th until August 26th.
    It also comes with a C-Gear

So do they mean that by using Unova Pokedex, they mean only using Unova pokemon or pokemon from the regional dex?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    So do they mean that by using Unova Pokedex, they mean only using Unova pokemon or pokemon from the regional dex?
    Black 2 & White 2 Unova Pokédex
    Is it really that hard to figure out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Is it really that hard to figure out?
    You don't need to be a jerk about it, everyone has something they don't understand, so they learn about it, have you had tried to figure out something that you don't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    You don't need to be a jerk about it, everyone has something they don't understand, so they learn about it, have you had tried to figure out something that you don't understand?
    What is there to learn? It's basic reading comprehension.

Following on from the first Black 2 & White 2 WiFi tournament later this month, the next WiFi tournament for Black 2 & White 2 has been announced. This cup is known as the All Star Cup and will run in September. This cup is different from all the previous WiFi tournaments in that it has no restrictions on Pokémon. It is said to allow for all Pokémon in the Pokédex, specifically pointing out that this is the first time that Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect have been used in a WiFi tournament. We'll bring more on this as it comes

Cool, a nice change I suppose. New stratergies and tatics will be used. But like I said, it is going to be cool to see Legendaries fight too. 1st reply!

Thanks to epicjirachifan from The Comet Graphics for the Fire Emblem Banner!

If Arceus was still banned I would be interested in this tournament, but it's not.
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

My apologies, I misread it. It's Unova Dex only with no restrictions in that

Yay! A new Pokédex skin.

At long ****ing last.

I take it this can be bumped.

It is kind of weird that we haven't had a new Pokedex skin since....the Kanto Starters? And that was Japan only.

I'm gonna pass for the new C-gear.
    Bored of Pikachu.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I like the new PokeDex Skin. It's good to see they're finally making more. Hope there's more to come.
    The new Pikachu C-Gear skin is meh... Still waiting for a Riolu C-Gear Skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

Edit: Hoenn

So when we add BlackWhite2 to our existing account, we only get new C-gears and dolls?

Do NOT add the Porygon-Z and Klink C-Gear skins. If you try to wake your Pokémon with them, it'll give you an error message. It appears to be an oversight when they prolonged them due to the long unexpected maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Do NOT add the Porygon-Z and Klink C-Gear skins. If you try to wake your Pokémon with them, it'll give you an error message. It appears to be an oversight when they prolonged them due to the long unexpected maintenance

yeah i discovered this last night... but easy way to fix the problem is just go back to customization and change it back to a BW2 cgear sin and it will be fixed... but yeah stay clear of them thoguh.

But the porygon in game still works for BW2, as well as the doll

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

New promotions have been put up on Global link, a Pikachu doll, more legendary dolls for October and the Keldeo skins. :P Any news on the passwords?

Quote Originally Posted by k_tribal View Post
    New promotions have been put up on Global link, a Pikachu doll, more legendary dolls for October and the Keldeo skins. :P Any news on the passwords?
    Which global link? I'm checking mine and I only see the Porygon2 doll promotion and the Reshiram/Zekrom/Keldeo dolls

CATDFYH - More Dolls in October.
    RAPDRA - Pikachu
    Last edited by pikalax; 13th October 2012 at 2:19 AM.

It seems the server is down for my Bronyland test results, but I am Applejack.

Is there any way to change the game cart linked to the account on pokemon-gl.com? i ened up having to start- link- restart and id like to have the right GL code with my BW account
    black fc: 2280-3877-3175
    always looking for reasonable trades
    willing to entertain most offers for a thunderus or a tornadus for my legendary lineup

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy62311 View Post
    Is there any way to change the game cart linked to the account on pokemon-gl.com? i ened up having to start- link- restart and id like to have the right GL code with my BW account
    There's a "Switch Game Card" option available on the PGL's Home page.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Halloween C-Gear live from today at 13:00 local time til November 15th

I recently discovered that I can't use the C-Gear skins I collected in the GL on my White 2... May I ask WHY!? If my 2 games are on the SAME account why can't I use the C-Gear skins on my White 2!?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I recently discovered that I can't use the C-Gear skins I collected in the GL on my White 2... May I ask WHY!? If my 2 games are on the SAME account why can't I use the C-Gear skins on my White 2!?
    Because those skins weren't prepared for BW2

Why weren't they prepped for it? *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Each game is considered seperate on the account, which is why you start everything over again. Plus, the C-Gear skins are literally not designed for the new C-Gear layout so there would be problems with the images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast