Thread: The Theatre Club!!!

Default The Theatre Club!!!

THE THEATRE CLUB!!!

Good evening. Before the show begins, we kindly ask you to turn off all cell phones and remember, photography and video recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Thank you and enjoy the show.

Welcome to The Theatre Club. The club for theatre lovers and theatre lovers alike. It doesn’t matter if you act, direct, watch, listen, or simply want to immerse yourself is the pleasures of theatre for the first time; If you have an interest in the dramatic arts, this is the club for you. Here we will discuss anything and everything pertaining theatre.

ETTIQUITE/RULES

1) All Forum rules apply (Obvious one)
    2) No bashing. If someone likes a show that you loathe, feel free to say you don’t like it, just don’t tell the person their choice of show is stupid
    3) No spamming
    4) If you do something bad, you will be warned and issued a strike
    5) If you are inactive for over a month, you will have to reapply to join again
    6) Let your freak flag fly! Share your opinions and have fun

JOINING

To join, fill out this form and post as a comment below:

Username:
    What do you enjoy about theatre (Acting, writing, watching…):
    Favorite show:
    Would you be a good member (Say yes):
    Three fun facts about you:
    Can you find the musical quote in this post? If so, say what musical it’s from, so other people can find it:

STRIKES

1) Private warning
    2) Public warning
    3) 2 and a one week ban
    4) 2 and a one month ban
    5) 2 and a permanent ban (Don’t do this one)

EXTRA TIDBITS

- I may do a rank system after some people have joined. So if you are accepted, tell me if I should start that
    - I anyone knows how to make user bars and would like to make some (Only if I do ranks), let me know
    - Any club ideas anyone has (Contests, changes…) are greatly appreciated, so feel to speak your mind
    - PM me with any questions you may have

CAST

- Jordie (Mod)
    - djhappy
    - meowth_city
    - GalladeofSpades

Let's get this show on the road
    Last edited by Jordie; 6th August 2012 at 4:35 PM.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/6p2jyb.jpg[/IMG]

id join but i not gonna be on here much

That's okay. You can still join. We really need members!

Username: djhappy
    What do you enjoy about theatre (Acting, writing, watching…): I enjoy it all, but acting is truly my passion. Followed closely by writing.
    Favorite show: Pygmalion (although I'm biased), so Lion King if I can't be biased.
    Would you be a good member (Say yes): Yes I would.
    Three fun facts about you: I toured nationally with my theatre group twice (in 2009 and 2010), 'm a proud Canadian, I am allergic to mint.
    Can you find the musical quote in this post? If so, say what musical it’s from, so other people can find it:I honestly can't...but I'm horrible with refernces xD

Accepted, of course. Welcome to the club.

Username: meowth_city
    What do you enjoy about theatre (Acting, writing, watching…): Watching for the most part, but I'm attempting to write my own musical too.
    Favorite show: The Phantom of the Opera or RENT.
    Would you be a good member (Say yes): Yes.
    Three fun facts about you: I've seen over 50 shows, I am writing a musical show and my one of my lesser known nicknames is KB (which stands for Kay Broadway).
    Can you find the musical quote in this post? If so, say what musical it’s from, so other people can find it: Yes, I can. Number six in the Ettiquite/Rules section: "Let your freak flag fly!" is a line from Shrek the Musical. I know this because I've seen the show earlier this year.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Accepted and good job on the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by meowth_city View Post
    I am writing a musical show
    What's it about?
    Last edited by Jordie; 6th August 2012 at 7:19 PM.

^ It's a dark humoured love story about a man who falls for a girl with dual personalities - one side is good and the one is evil. I can't say anymore than that.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Username: GalladeofSpades
    What do you enjoy about theatre (Acting, writing, watching…): I love acting and writing it, but I also enjoy watching it.
    Favorite show: ... Eh, this is going to sound VERY BAD but... Avenue Q. *boo'ed* Midsummer Night's Dream also is one of my faves.
    Would you be a good member (Say yes): No Yes.
    Three fun facts about you: I want to be a professional actor, I love dogs (especially cute ones) and I play a bit of piano.
    Can you find the musical quote in this post? If so, say what musical it’s from, so other people can find it: I'm sorry, but to be fair, I only figured that the 'Let your freak flag fly!' quote was from Shrek the Musical when I saw Meowth's form. Sorry. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeofSpades View Post
    Username: GalladeofSpades
    What do you enjoy about theatre (Acting, writing, watching…): I love acting and writing it, but I also enjoy watching it.
    Favorite show: ... Eh, this is going to sound VERY BAD but... Avenue Q. *boo'ed* Midsummer Night's Dream also is one of my faves.
    Would you be a good member (Say yes): No Yes.
    Three fun facts about you: I want to be a professional actor, I love dogs (especially cute ones) and I play a bit of piano.
    Can you find the musical quote in this post? If so, say what musical it’s from, so other people can find it: I'm sorry, but to be fair, I only figured that the 'Let your freak flag fly!' quote was from Shrek the Musical when I saw Meowth's form. Sorry. ^^;
    Accepted

Quote Originally Posted by meowth_city View Post
    ^ It's a dark humoured love story about a man who falls for a girl with dual personalities - one side is good and the one is evil. I can't say anymore than that.
    That actually sounds really funny

Sooo... does your theatre group planing on any specific play this year?

once school starts, if we have enough members in our group, we're going to reenact Midsummer's Might Dream I totally had nothing to do with it.