Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Can't wait! Then the rest of the season
    If you mean the unknown Post-Junior Cup-season not TR-plot related, then yeah, I really want to see that as well! :P

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    she's so beautiful! and i'm loving the tron setup also it looks like garchomp will have a tough time.
    The 'Tron'-set up? Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Cynthia won I think, not quite sure.

Dare Da? Garchomp.
    Definitely not, the time ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    this saga just keeps getting better and better, that battle was at diamond and pearls standard and i loved the older music that was just played.
    Six battles were three seconds long, we had SIX battles, in under THIRTY SECONDS!!! You can't say that the saga gets better based on one battle if the rest are done that badly. However, I liked Garchomp being smacked into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    It starts right away with Burgundy's Darmanitan VS Trip's Serpirior. So Trip beats Darmanitan with Serpireor like people said.
    Serperior uses Glare, Darmanitan paralyzed. Then, Serperior uses SolarBeam... WT?!?!?! he beats it with SolarBeam only!!
    Galvantula was beaten with a Solarbeam as well, so yeah, and Darmitan was paralysed so it couldn't defend itself either.. I like Trip's directness though.

Dragonite broke out.

Dragonite runs through the blizzard and Thundepunch's Beartic, defeating Beartic.
    Was it Blizzard? Or Icy Wind?

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Every battle was 1hko......disappointing.......And Ash, Dawn and Cilan had like 2 second battles, this is too rushed.
    I agree, I thought it was more disappointing that Ash faced the Karrablast out of everything participating.. Here's hoping he faces Reuniclus in the second round, but they'll probably go for
    - Mamoswine vs. Dragonite
    - Oshawott vs. Cinccino
    - Stunfisk vs. Heatmor
    - Chandelure vs. Reunclus

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    WTF I cant ****ing believe it one shotted...?

First part of the episode was good, the rest was awful.

3 seconds battles, they exagerated on Dragonite, he could be badass and still take damage...

Shooti one shoting Cabernet with a Solarbeam on her fire type and Dragonite one shoting Beartic with Thunderpunch was dumb too, atleast have him use Flamethrower after that.

I hope the second round is better...

I'm waiting to see what they have after the tournament, to try and understand why this was so rushed.
    I agree. Pansage one shotting Galvantula with Solarbeam doesn't make too much sense either though..

At least Ash, Iris, Cilan, Dawn and Trip all pass through the first round. I'm happy about that, even though I already knew about it.

An okay episode in my opinion.
    It was a good episode, I just dislike some of the choices. We now know the four finalists, and we know that Ash and Trip are unofficially confirmed to be in the finals.

2nd
    Iris vs. Dawn: Iris
    Ash vs. CotD: Ash
    Trip vs. CotD: Trip
    Cilan vs. CotD: Cilan
    3rd
    Iris vs. Ash: Ash
    Trip vs. Cilan: Trip
    4th
    Ash vs. Trip: Trip...

Three cotd battles in the second round? Well, luckily we know that Reuniclus, Heatmor and Cinccino passed. At least some interesting pokemon. I mean what would it have hurt if Trip faces a CotD in the second round anyway? Might as well have put Cilan vs. Burgundy in the second round, if they didn't care at all. But I guess this is the hype that Burgundy needs to undergo in order for Trip to shine...

Quote Originally Posted by Fairplay View Post
    So I guess Dawn's Mamoswine will also be beaten with an one hit.

Cheap episode. The first part with Shirona and Kaitlin was good, but the rest...
    Nah, Dragonite is taking hits from Mamoswine, and even needs to resort to a fourth move.. -.-

However, no Flamethrower vs. Blizzard/Icy Wind? Why not Dragonite, why not create epicness.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Major yawn. This episode was full on meh. Dragonite vs Beartic was crap (as were all the other battles involving the main character/rivals). Of course there's no real consequence for Iris. Because heaven forbid she lose early, and look really bad.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 2nd August 2012 at 12:38 PM.

So now we know Burgundy basically exists to show other people are strong. Like Trip, Cilan etc.

They saved money on animation my not making some pkmn move too much like Trip's Serperior or Georgia's Beartic...the result was as expected...snake pkmn don't move at all and big pkmn abuse super strong moves for the "wow" effect

Saw the pictures, was a bit surprise at the episode. Entire first round; which is 8 battles plus the exhibition match, finished in one episode. I excepted the nobodies to have their battles short since they are nobodies, but Ash, Dawn, and Cilan being so short, I could understand the latter two but I wish Leavanny got a full battle here...and against something that wasn't a Karrablast(Or Golett for that matter). I had it in the back of my head Trip vs Burgundy would happen, I just didn't want to believe it, still, I like how a mistranslation turns out right, even if I would have prefer it to be wrong. Nothing much to say about Georgia vs Iris, already knew Iris would win, wasn't expecting a close battle, not sure how Georgia reacted but I'll assume she commented on Iris not being able to control Dragonite. Not surprised by Cynthia vs Caitlin, when I saw the timer I knew the battle wouldn't be finished, they probably weren't even fighting to beat one another, guess that's what you get from an exhibition match.

Interactions went kind of how I expected, Trip and Dawn didn't really say anything to each other it seems. Georgia didn't seem to say anything either to Dawn. But of course, Burgundy gets angry at her for whatever reason because that's how she's always like. I wish Bianca and Stephan were here, I'd bet there would be more interactions with them and Dawn, oh well. Alder and Cynthia interacting seems nice. Caitlin didn't seem to interact with anyone other then Cynthia, shame Ash and the others might not get a proper introduction.

The tournament certainly has changed a lot since first speculating on it...have to lower my darn exceptions(Well at less I wasn't expecting Gym Leaders from across the world to enter). I'm fine with the first round being finished in the first episode, as I said, I would have liked Ash to have gotten a full battle at less but oh well. I hope the finals are 3 vs 3 still, if things are going to be dealt with quickly, there should be plenty of time.

Overall, I was fine with this episode.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 2nd August 2012 at 2:01 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Wow..just wow

Ash got the easiest opponent ever. Pansage and pipup again proves unevolved pokemon are awesome beartic got ohkod and Burgundy can never catch a break.

Crazy ole Platinum fan decided to give this episode a watch because Georgia and Cabernet are both in it. Yes I only really watched for them. Glad to see Cabernet interact/yell at Dawn, though I don't know what she said, I love seeing female characters meet each others rivals. Pitty Bianca wasn't there. But yeah the episode for all it's hype was meh. Cynthia and lazy Caitlin had some okay time. I was interested about Alder and Cynthia interacting. I bet they were talking about how quickly they crush their opponents. Probably like this.
    Alder: "Yeah I beat this kids Emboar in like 3 seconds and sent him home crying."
    Cythina: "That's nothing my Garchomp destroyed this young man's well trained Froslass in one hit. Took a blizzard to the face too."
    Alder: "Oh yeah? Well my Bouffalant beat up a Lucario and took 4 Aura Spheres!"

Something like that. And then my girl Georgia loses to Dragonite, who apparently has no trainer and does whatever he wants and Iris gets the reward. Seeing how Dragonite is portrayed I don't mind Georgia and Beartic losing so much anymore, as Dragonite is like Cynthia's Garchomp. In fact the match played out just like a anime Cynthia match would, with Dragonite not being effected by Ice Beam and Icy Wind. 4x super effective means nothing to it. Episode was alright I guess. The interactions few as they were, were better then the battles IMO, though I did enjoy Cynthia and Caitlin's opening battle.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

You know, I'm not that surprised we got really short OHKO matches in between Cynthia vs. Caitlin and Iris vs. Georgia. If I remember correctly, the Tag Battle had rather short (but in more detail than in this episode) battles for Dawn and Brock with Ash and Paul getting the main focused battle. The second episode had one shots of Dawn and Brock's battles with Ash/Paul getting the main focus. And the last match of the Tag Battle had two battles with Ash/Paul beating Brock and then Dawn. So considering we had to deal with intros, the exhibition match (which was a lot better than the most of the battles), and then Iris vs. Georgia, I could see why we short OHKO battles. There's only so much you can fit in 22 minutes and the first round would've been better if it extended into 1.5 or 2 episodes. It also would've been better if we didn't see the COTD vs. COTD battles which would leave more time for Ash, Cilan, and Dawn.

But overall, the episode was still decent. It was awesome to see both Cynthia and Caitlin and Trip seems like he really wants to battle Alder so it's nice to see him still focused on that. It would've been cool to see Bianca and Stephan only so they could interact with Dawn but again, with so little time, I'd rather wait to see them battle another day. As far as Iris vs. Georgia goes, it's pretty much as I expected. On to the next episode! I think that's the one I was looking forward to the most.

Well, Georgia finally got beaten by a Dragon type from Iris. But I'm guessing she's calling her out for not controlling her Dragonite.

Also, is it necessary to have people give rough summaries of the episode at the beginning of each new Japanese one?

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

You know...this mistranslation reminds me of the April Fool's "Ash's Palpitoad" thread...both were right and a lot of you knocked them down. After looking at the for scan with the trainers, kinda could tell Trip was gonna fight Burgundy.

Anyway...WTH? They seriously rushed the entire first round? So Ash, Dawn, and Cilan were given the minimum screentime just so the writers could over exaggerate Dragonite. And you wonder why I complained about it like I did. The longest first round fight and it's just a OHKO with Thunderpunch >:/
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 2nd August 2012 at 3:49 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

My heart goes out to all of the Burgundy fans out there. It must be painful to watch your favorite character get completely trashed every 20 episodes. You have a mountain to climb when CoTD are allowed to put up more of a fight then you in half of the screen time. There was no reason for this to happen when other significant characters sat out of the Tournament.

Onward to the Main Event. Dragonite seemed to be a one man army. So much so that he doesn't even need a Trainer. It's like he only keeps Iris around so she can take him to more Pokemon to crush. And feed him. I like that in a Pokemon, and kind of hope that he keeps his general " Forget You, I'm a freaken Dragonite " attitude after this arch. Maybe listen sometimes when Iris has an exceptional idea and then improvise for the rest, because that seems more realistic to me then having to order a Pokemon to do simple things like dodge.

I still feel like he's mismatched with Iris, but what can you do?

Wow this was disappointing.

This is all we get before a two week break?

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Sadly it is.

....and now, her story begins.

no wonder Darmanitan couldn't attack, that's not mean look it's Glare that it used to paralyze Darmanitan before shooting it down with solarbeam.

I knew Georgia would call Iris out as well.

This is the only time Cabernet losing in the first round of a battle tournament was disappointing. At least in both the Don Battle and the Donamite Cabernet put up a fight and not only that, but her fighting style has now become unpredictable to Dent compared to that battle they had in BW019. Basically in both tournament arcs it showed that Cabernet would be able to put up a fight against Dent should the two ever battle again, she's just missing something that would give her a win. However here we didn't get that, instead Cabernet was treated like a COtD to show Jalorda's strength.

I understand why they wanted to us to see how powerful Jalorda is (Shooty making it to the finals) but they could have still shown Cabernet's skills.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 2nd August 2012 at 4:39 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    This is the only time Cabernet losing in the first round of a battle tournament was disappointing. At least in the Don Battle and the Donamite Cabernet put up a fight and not only that but her battling style has now become unpredictable to Dent compared to the battle they had in BW019. Basically in both arcs it showed that Cabernet would be able to put up a fight against Dent should the two of them ever battle again, she's just missing something that would secure her a victory. However here we didn't get that, Cabernet was treated like a COtD so they could show Jalorda's power.
    Amen, Raptor, but they also did it because of Trip's drive to fight Alder to one up his former idol. But of course, I could see in the last episode of this arc that Trip may end up defeated before his chance, since he is driven for sure, but he also seems too angry that Alder isn't how he pictured him to be though that's also because he misintrepetated his words when he was a child by assuming strength was what mattered when really, I think Alder meant that if Trip battled a lot, he'd get to see different styles of Trainers, different ways of battling, and thus get to be able to become a better Trainer for it.
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    D*mn it... nothing going on at all next week >:O
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The stuff I did like from this are brief; Cabernet telling Hikari to watch out for Dent and Dent feeling nervous towards his muscle-bound opponent. Also I enjoy the Cabernt and Dent interaction in every single episode it happens. Hoping we'll get more character interactions in the next episode.

Langley was right when she said she lost to Kairyu and not Iris. Iris should have showed concern after the battle instead of treating it like a victory.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    You know, I'm not that surprised we got really short OHKO matches in between Cynthia vs. Caitlin and Iris vs. Georgia. If I remember correctly, the Tag Battle had rather short (but in more detail than in this episode) battles for Dawn and Brock with Ash and Paul getting the main focused battle. The second episode had one shots of Dawn and Brock's battles with Ash/Paul getting the main focus. And the last match of the Tag Battle had two battles with Ash/Paul beating Brock and then Dawn. So considering we had to deal with intros, the exhibition match (which was a lot better than the most of the battles), and then Iris vs. Georgia, I could see why we short OHKO battles. There's only so much you can fit in 22 minutes and the first round would've been better if it extended into 1.5 or 2 episodes. It also would've been better if we didn't see the COTD vs. COTD battles which would leave more time for Ash, Cilan, and Dawn.

But overall, the episode was still decent. It was awesome to see both Cynthia and Caitlin and Trip seems like he really wants to battle Alder so it's nice to see him still focused on that. It would've been cool to see Bianca and Stephan only so they could interact with Dawn but again, with so little time, I'd rather wait to see them battle another day. As far as Iris vs. Georgia goes, it's pretty much as I expected. On to the next episode! I think that's the one I was looking forward to the most.
    Yes, finally they're actually focusing a little more than 5% on Trip this time. I do however feel aweful for Burgundy. Cilan's only rival and the writers treat her like this? It's so sad.

My ideal battle ever!

...Holy crud, ok, Dragonite. Freaking over powerd man.

._. I know Beartic isn't really a special attacker but, did its icebeam do ANYTHING to Dragonite besides freeze the thing for a few seconds?

Cynthia and Caitlan's battle was pretty cool though. Was it just a preview match or were they actually in the tournament? If so, who won?...
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

I'm more surprised as to how low-key Dawn is in this tournament. Her only win is a 2 second battle with Piplup.

I'm really starting to wonder why they even had Dawn compete in this...

22. Default

I'm severely disappointed in how lame some of these battles were.

Only Shootaro(Adeku's nickname for Tripppp) and Iris' battles were worth anything.

I liked the memory of showing the battle that Servine had with Snivy. It makes me wonder if they really are going to set them up to fight. I can see Snivy jumping up from that attack, or using attract to deflect that paralysis! I really hope they all of a sudden give her the contrary ability! lol..

As for the anger over the 1KHO matches, in my opinion, it seemed more like they just showed the finishing moves that Ash, Cilan, Dawn, and the COTD's had. I don't think all their battles went like Trips. -_-

I give the episode a 7.5/8 out of 10. I would like to see the Translations for some of the key parts that would be nice to understand.

I also wish we got to see the match-ups for the next battle, so we can see who Cilan is batting, since we know he may or may not get knocked out this round!

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    D*mn it... nothing going on at all next week >:O
    Dub episode, at least.

And I'm glad they rolled with the Trip slapping about a fire Pokémon with Serperior strategy to make him look like a decent-contender. (bit dissapointed Burgundy didn't even get one win though - and that's coming from someone who hates her!)

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I liked the memory of showing the battle that Servine had with Snivy. It makes me wonder if they really are going to set them up to fight. I can see Snivy jumping up from that attack, or using attract to deflect that paralysis! I really hope they all of a sudden give her the contrary ability! lol..

As for the anger over the 1KHO matches, in my opinion, it seemed more like they just showed the finishing moves that Ash, Cilan, Dawn, and the COTD's had. I don't think all their battles went like Trips. -_-

I give the episode a 7.5/8 out of 10. I would like to see the Translations for some of the key parts that would be nice to understand.

I also wish we got to see the match-ups for the next battle, so we can see who Cilan is batting, since we know he may or may not get knocked out this round!
    That's what is was, thank you. Someone pointed it out. If it was one shotting from the main cast, you'd know.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast