Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Burgundy is being treated as a joke because that's simply what her role is. We're not supposed to take her seriously
    Kind of hard to argue that when Burgundy is Cilan's rival.

Can't be a rival if you're supposed to be treated like a joke.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    RWB might have a point. Maybe that's why we have sudden surges of Iris "development" but not with Cilan.
    Cilan doesn't get development because he doesn't have a story. His role in the group is to bring wisdom, experience, and silliness with his evaluations and tastings. He's the new Brock but with the connoisseur label added.

It's always Ash and the traveling girl that get the development during the saga.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Kind of hard to argue that when Burgundy is Cilan's rival.

Can't be a rival if you're supposed to be treated like a joke.
    Well with Best Wishes having so many recurring rivals, the writers probably felt they could get away with one of them being treated poorly, which is Burgundy. She's probably treated this way to make Cilan look better in comparison.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 23rd August 2012 at 6:15 AM.

I really don't like how Trip was basically able to plow through his opponent. I mean yeah, Serperior is his starter and yada, but cmon, he's been KOed on the first round in the previous tournaments. Give him a bit of a challenge. I guess it doesn't help that the writers have given me no reason to think he's interesting, so instead of thinking "Yeah, he's a jerk, but at least he's an interesting character", I just see him as a jerk, want him to lose, and want him off screen as soon as possible.

But I really didn't mind having everyone else be OHKOs since we got a good Dragonite vs Beartic fight. I'm a bit concerned about giving Iris TWO disobiedient Pokemon. But at the same time, this is a bit differet since she doesn't have a long history with Dragonite like she did with Excadrill.

Also, disappointed we aren't getting any Bel/Bianca
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

So, basically, a dumb episode. Trip is completely out of character, Georgia gets destroyed, and the episode is boring.

Oh God! Alder and Cynthia at the start reminded me of Jiraiya and Tsunade no joke! Loved Ash's not amused face with the rivals. Was expecting Bianca to push him into the water but looks like he is a non show. I'm 85 % sure Christna Vee voices Catilin.

My favorite part was Caitlyn and Cynthia. The battle was exceptionally well done, and I loved that they were talking about knowing each other and battling a lot before. Caitlyn's VA was also nice.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

It's a great episode. The battle between Cynthia and Caitlin was neat. Burgundy should have focused on beating Trip instead of giving evaluations. And Dragonite didn't listen to Iris, it's like Ash's Charizard, except it's about power instead of laziness.

Unless I missed something was the only actual damage move Trip used Solarbeam? One grass move takes out a fire type? I know game logic is not in the anime but really?

Not a bad start to the new tournament arc. Cynthia and Cailtin's battle was well done, and Cailtin's voice was well suited for her. It's a shame that we got a measly draw, but I'm glad it wasn't another little win for Garchomp.

Trip is a donkey, as usually, Gerogia is bad***, Burgundy is a laughter, and the gang is all good. Ash, Iris, Cilan and Dawn all make it past the first round, which I'm glad it didn't leave off from a cliffhanger into the next episode. Beartic VS Dragonite was hilarious. xD I can't believe Dragonite just slapped Hidden Power to the side like it was nothing. He's a tough cookie. Still, Georgia can't take a loss no matter what; but she did have a point. Dragonite rarely listened to Iris and claims that she only lost to Dragonite, not Iris (herself with Dragonite UNDER her command). Hope we see a conclusion at some point.

What bugged me about Trip VS Burgundy was that Serperior took out Darmanitan with one Solar Beam. First, Serperior uses Leer which only decreases [physical] defense. Solar Beam wouldn't be more powerful since it's affected by special defense. Plus, not to mention, grass types aren't strong against fire types; but that clause is always ruled out in the anime. Oh well; I would still choose Trip over Burgundy nowadays.

Round 1 is already over; excellent. Round 2 next week, and I'm very excited to see more!

But wow Trip, relax would you? Just because you see things differently between Alder eye to eye, doesn't mean you have to be a jerk.

Also, I found it funny (and odd) for Alder to ask out Cynthia on a date during the first part of the episode. xD

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode is still horrible. Dawn should have battled and beaten Burgundy in the 1st round, not Trip! Trip should have gotten Dawn's cotd in the 1st round :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    This episode is still horrible. Dawn should have battled and beaten Burgundy in the 1st round, not Trip! Trip should have gotten Dawn's cotd in the 1st round :/
    The episode is pure garbage IMO,

but not for those reasons.

I like how Dawn is being handled. Hope they do the same more often by just putting older people in the group for certain arcs but not focusing only on them. Makes it more like other anime of the same genre

I still think that Tristan is a better name for Trip. Also, geez, that Thunderpunch was insanely strong...

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    What bugged me about Trip VS Burgundy was that Serperior took out Darmanitan with one Solar Beam. First, Serperior uses Leer which only decreases [physical] defense. Solar Beam wouldn't be more powerful since it's affected by special defense. Plus, not to mention, grass types aren't strong against fire types; but that clause is always ruled out in the anime. Oh well; I would still choose Trip over Burgundy nowadays.
    Leer was actually used to, well, scare Darmanitan to keep it stunned into place, and that little time was enough for Serperior to use its broken Solarbeam. The only reasonable excuses I can find for that Solarbeam to even be effective are that Serperior's Sp. Attack was really high, POSSIBLY if it got a critical hit (which it didn't since the characters always insert a line saying when it is right after), and Darmanitan's level was pretty low.

Not really a fan of the whole Iris and Dragonite winning because it didn't listen to her at all.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

For a tournament episode I didn't really enjoy any of the actual battling. I do like Dragonite's personality though, and the dialogue in the episode was great. Especially Dawn's line "There sure are a lot of pains in the neck around here"

Also it was cool to see a member of the Elite 4 slightly losing her composure during battle, if only internally, though I wish that match had an outcome one way or the other.
    Last edited by cg19293; 2nd December 2012 at 2:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cg19293 View Post
    Also it was cool to see a member of the Elite 4 slightly losing her composure during battle, if only internally, though I wish that match had an outcome one way or the other.
    I agree about her internal "freaking out". Although, the tie was good, imo. The point was that Cynthia and Caitlyn know each other and have battle many a time before. The point was to show that Caitlyn has grown a lot stronger as not only a trainer, but also an Elite Four member (possibly a former Battle Frontier Brain).

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

The more dub episodes with Trip that pass the more I think that Jamie McGonnigal was the wrong choice for Trip's voice. He's a good actor but when I hear Trip speak to Alder I feel like you want something a little more seriously arrogant, whereas here he comes across as more casual. I don't see the drive that he's supposed to have.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

A few things...Caitlin's voice, I did not like...too deep...also, garchomp should have won that battle...I mean really it was battling a gothitelle...anyways, bias aside...serperior's voice was AMAZING!!! I completely loved it with that hissing tone, better than its voice in Japanese...finally, I never realized how CUTE meloetta was in this episode in the original!
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

I was really interested in all the stuff Caitlin was talking to Cynthia about, I hope we learn more about this if we see her in future episodes
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Fine episode, the big part was that the battle between Caitlin and Cynthia was excellent. Other battles, not so much at all. Probably an excuse to get the first round out of the way.

I really liked this first part of the Junior Cup. It had a lot going for it. Some of my thoughts:

-Alder being the Brock of Unova and being a pervert as usual. Cynthia turning him down was awesome. Girl power! Better luck next time, Alder
    -The battle between Caitlin and Cynthia was awesome and we even got some inner thoughts from Caitlin. Now there is a character I would like to know more about. From the 5 minutes we saw of Anime Caitlin, she seems extremely interesting.
    -Poor Trip. No matter how hard he tries, Alder never seems to remember his name. Alder, it's not Tristan. It's Trip. Get it right for once. Maybe if you weren't so busy looking at Cynthia's body, you would have gotten it right by now (or not).
    -The dub debut of Serperior was amazing. Trip interrupting Evaluation Time was hilarious and we say goodbye to Burgundy during Round 1 once again.
    -Dawn's reactions to Georgia and Burgundy were hilarious. After seeing Burgundy, I wonder if Dawn sees Ursula as rather tame. I still think Dawn would rather have to deal with Burgundy over Conway though
    -Yikes! Dragonite is not listening to Iris but Georgia was eliminated from Round 1 and made a good point that it was Dragonite, not Iris that won which tells us that this rivalry is far from over.

Not even the dub could save such a terrible episode

I'll give it a 6/10 though.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

The difference between Burgundy and Georgia is even if they both hold grudges Georgia has more of a goal and she makes up good points. Like in this episode while Burgundy had some issue with Cilan which is minor Georgia not only pointed out where Iris needed to improved but did it in more a rival way rather then a jerkish way. Didn't she even call Burgundy out in the Donamite thing?

I remember why I hate Trip, he's such a goddamn ***.

This was a pretty good episode. I was a bit surprised Dragonite was able to take 2 ice attacks and still have the strength to KO Beartic with 1 move. I also found it cute how Meloetta just sits on the sidelines happily watching the battles that take place.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast