Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

Trip's progression in this tournament feels extremely artificial given that the last time we saw him in the series, he got his *** kicked by Bianca in Donamite's first round, and since they never bothered to delve much into how Trip actually TRAINS his Pokemon, it feels incredibly contrived that he went from going on a glamorous losing streak to being totally untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Trip's progression in this tournament feels extremely artificial given that the last time we saw him in the series, he got his *** kicked by Bianca in Donamite's first round, and since they never bothered to delve much into how Trip actually TRAINS his Pokemon, it feels incredibly contrived that he went from going on a glamorous losing streak to being totally untouchable.
    He might've flopped in the last tournament, but we've always known that he was strong. So his strength here made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    He might've flopped in the last tournament, but we've always known that he was strong. So his strength here made sense.
    No it did not. A Serperior so fast it can basically teleport does not make ANY sense. Not to mention a Serperior whose moves OHKO an opponent despite type advantage. Ridiculous.

It was terrible. The writers can't seem to decide whether Trip should be mediocre or overpowered. It kind of sucks, since a win for Ash in one of these tournaments would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Masked Royal View Post
    It was terrible. The writers can't seem to decide whether Trip should be mediocre or overpowered. It kind of sucks, since a win for Ash in one of these tournaments would have been nice.
    If Ash had won, he would've lost to Alder later regardless, though. So I preferred seeing Trip win if only because Ash was saved the embarrassment of failing against Alder.

If Ash had won, he would've lost to Alder later regardless, though. So I preferred seeing Trip win if only because Ash was saved the embarrassment of failing against Alder.
    Trip's victory was complete BS though.

First his Serperior is super OP against literally every other trainer here and then it is laughably weak VS Alder.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Trip's victory was complete BS though.

First his Serperior is super OP against literally every other trainer here and then it is laughably weak VS Alder.
    Not that I'm justifying the power fluctuations but Alder is a Champion. They are stupid OP so while Serperior may seem OP against a bunch of League level trainers Pokemon it wouldn't translate to any kind of success against a Champion. I'd expect any Pokemon we saw in the tournament to look weak against Alder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trollbias View Post
    Not that I'm justifying the power fluctuations but Alder is a Champion. They are stupid OP so while Serperior may seem OP against a bunch of League level trainers Pokemon it wouldn't translate to any kind of success against a Champion. I'd expect any Pokemon we saw in the tournament to look weak against Alder.
    That's not the problem, it's that just in the previous episode Serperior had no problems dodging Pignite due to being severely faster. However in this battle, Serperior's amazing speed seems nonexistent just so Trip can lose the battle. I mean, Pignite and Bouffalant have identical base speed.

Technically, Trip could have used Glare and then spammed Dragon Tail.

What's embarrassing about losing to Alder?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112