Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 276 to 280 of 280

Thread: Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Trip's progression in this tournament feels extremely artificial given that the last time we saw him in the series, he got his *** kicked by Bianca in Donamite's first round, and since they never bothered to delve much into how Trip actually TRAINS his Pokemon, it feels incredibly contrived that he went from going on a glamorous losing streak to being totally untouchable.

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Trip's progression in this tournament feels extremely artificial given that the last time we saw him in the series, he got his *** kicked by Bianca in Donamite's first round, and since they never bothered to delve much into how Trip actually TRAINS his Pokemon, it feels incredibly contrived that he went from going on a glamorous losing streak to being totally untouchable.
    He might've flopped in the last tournament, but we've always known that he was strong. So his strength here made sense.

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    He might've flopped in the last tournament, but we've always known that he was strong. So his strength here made sense.
    No it did not. A Serperior so fast it can basically teleport does not make ANY sense. Not to mention a Serperior whose moves OHKO an opponent despite type advantage. Ridiculous.


  4. #279

    Default

    It was terrible. The writers can't seem to decide whether Trip should be mediocre or overpowered. It kind of sucks, since a win for Ash in one of these tournaments would have been nice.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Masked Royal View Post
    It was terrible. The writers can't seem to decide whether Trip should be mediocre or overpowered. It kind of sucks, since a win for Ash in one of these tournaments would have been nice.
    If Ash had won, he would've lost to Alder later regardless, though. So I preferred seeing Trip win if only because Ash was saved the embarrassment of failing against Alder.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •