Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

The episode began with a comedic note which I really enjoyed. The whole section with 'the rivals' arriving was brilliant and both Dawn and Ash's reactions just reinforced how great they are when they are travelling together. Secondly, the whole scene with Alder and Cynthia just made me laugh, reminded me of Brock but not with a major over-reaction (instead Alder begged). It is also noted that there is still no love lost with Trip with his reaction.

Next was the exhibition battle with Cynthia and Caitlin. Caitlin was a very interesting character. She seemed very reserved and I think there is a lack of confidence due to her 'inner' reaction. Anyway, even though the battle was short, it was action packed and I hope this isn't the last we see of Caitlin.

Finally, we had the first round battles. I personally believe only the last battle between Georgia and Iris was really significant. We find out that Dragonite likes to battle head-on in both offence and defence and discover that in this particular instance that Dragonite is pretty successful at it. I wonder what this team will be like once Iris gets Dragonite to listen (hmmmm). Succeeding this we see that Trip has a burning hatred for Alder and Trip really didn't like his childhood idol after they previously met. I wonder if this will effect Trip during the tournment or if he battles Alder in the finale.

On to the next one!
    Last edited by Orton155; 2nd December 2012 at 11:18 PM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

What was Trip said by Freddy O'Martian?
        Spoiler:

The only good thing about this episode was the battle between Caitlin & Cynthia the VA's really did a good job showing history between these two. Unfortunately that's the only good part with the return of Charizard in Dragonite, & Trip's constant monologue on how "he's" better than the Pokemon Champion just cause Alder doesn't live up to his imagination Alder.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I loved the part when Alder was flirting with Cynthia! Ya gotta love Alder the most MODERATE champion EVER!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

You have to love those episode fast-forwards. Dragonite will be overpowered as hell it seems. So much for training Pokemon the old-fashioned Pokemon training.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    I really don't like how Trip was basically able to plow through his opponent. I mean yeah, Serperior is his starter and yada, but cmon, he's been KOed on the first round in the previous tournaments. Give him a bit of a challenge. I guess it doesn't help that the writers have given me no reason to think he's interesting, so instead of thinking "Yeah, he's a jerk, but at least he's an interesting character", I just see him as a jerk, want him to lose, and want him off screen as soon as possible.
    He already lost a bunch of times. But his Serperior isn't just some pokemon he just caught, he had it for some time now. Pikachu should be the same way with it's opponents like Charizard is normally is but there is definetly something wrong with it.

My ideal battle ever!

I already saw this in Japanese, so why not see it in English? It was good until I heard Jalorda's voice. Why couldn't it roar like Rosa's? D: Other than that, it was a good episode.

This episode sucked. None of the type matchups made any sense. How could a Darmanitan get knocked out by a Serperior's Solarbeam in one hit!? And you'd think Iris's Dragonite could at least be afraid of ice. Of all moves, it had to use Thunder Punch to knock out Beartic after getting frozen solid. Moreover, I didn't really like Caitlin's voice, I always imagined her voice to be a little more flamboyant and emotional. Although I did liked the part where Alder was hitting on Cynthia.

Can I just stay how stupid Trip's "Strategy" is, seriously?? LEER lowers DEFENSE, not SPECIAL DEFENSE. The writers need to play the games more -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Gah, playing catchup time again. I knew I was seriously behind in viewing Pokemon episodes when I saw the last one I watched was in December. -_- Even though I still watch every episode, seeing it every week doesn't seem as high a priority without all the Team Rocket wackiness. I love the eeeevil Team Rocket, but I miss their jokier days sometimes. At least ep. 783 looks hopeful, they actually look... cheerful.

Anyway, on to this episode...

The one thing I liked best about the Junior Cup tournament, besides having Dawn around again, was the stuff between Burgundy and Georgia. Those two ladies crack me up when they're together. I don't like Georgia too much otherwise, but she's most fun to watch when she's with Burgundy. What I didn't like so much about the arc was Iris's problems with Dragonite, which were a little too reminiscent of Ash and Charizard back in the day.

This episode had a couple of great lines. I like Georgia calling Dawn a "dragon doofus", and Burgundy warning Dawn about Cilan's babbling.

6/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I loved that Trip defeated Burgundy so quickly. My favorite quote from this episode was when Dawn said "There sure are a lot of pains here"

This episode was so rushed. The only thing I liked was Trip and Alder's quick conversation and when he 1 shotted Burgundy. Dawn was also okay. But Georgia losing so easily to Dragonite was my biggest pet peeve for this episode.

It didn't seem right that Stephan and Bianca were gone. It just felt empty like whenever Trip leaves a tournament after he loses.

Also damn Trip really ignored Dawn. xD He didn't even acknowledge that she was there.
    Last edited by J Ken; 4th July 2013 at 6:44 AM.

I liked Alder at the beginning of this episode, with him trying to ask Cynthia for a date and still calling Ash & Trip by the wrong names.

The Cynthia vs Caitlin match was probably my favourite part of the episode. I thought that the two had a good rapport with each other and Caitlin seemed liked a very interesting character with the whole thing about how her and her Pokemon overcame challenges, etc. I was also impressed by Caitlin's Gothitelle - I thought Cynthia would win the battle, so I was surprised when the battle ended in a draw.

I found the rest of the episode kinda meh. The Trip vs Burgundy battle was boring to me. I figured that Trip was going to win, but I didn't think the battle would be so short and one-sided. I liked watching Dragonite take down Beartic, but it was a little disappointing that Iris won with a Pokemon that wouldn't listen to her IMO.

I liked the interactions between Alder and Cynthia here; it showed the contrast between their personalities. Seeing Burgundy appear before Ash and the others was interesting as well, including her little outburst at Dawn. Anyway, Cynthia and Caitlin's exhibition match, which was the most hyped moment of the episode, failed to impress me. It was supposed to get the participants of the tournament excited, but it was underwhelming imo. I screamed when my good sis Burgundy lost against Trip though; I know type advantages mean nothing, but she and her Darmanitan deserved better to be frank. And I liked that Iris beat Georgia even if most people were livid that she did. Dragonite being frozen solid before breaking out of the ice was the coolest part of the episode for me.

Default Jostling for the Junior Cup!

So the Junior Cup tournament finally begins and it starts with Ash and Co. meeting up with their respective rivals.

Georgia and Iris were insulting each others as always, and Dawn thought Georgia was a pain?? Hahaha. . .Of course Dawn, anybody who thinks Iris is a pain is a pain to you. Geez, talk about being OOC.

Burgundy, as usual, trying to prove that he was better than Cilan. This time she 'talked' with Dawn too, her reaction to Burgundy was funny LOL.

Ash was trying to talk to the Unova champion Alder, who was hitting on the Sinnoh champion Cynthia. As expected, Trip was there too. It's funny when Alder mistook Ash and Trip's name for Ashton and Triston. Trip didn't seem to like the nickname and acted like a jerk.

The best part of this episode was Cynthia vs. Caitlin exhibition match, the rest of the battles seemed too short.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011