Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Jostling for the Junior Cup (751)

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Her battle skills improved? She couldn't even move her Darmanitan. She didn't improve. She got worse.
    Um, uh what? Didn't you even read my post properly? What I was saying is her battle skills were shown to have improved from the Don Battle and especially in the Donamite, but here we didn't get to experience that. Instead Cabernet was fobbed off all so they could show how strong Shooty's Jalorda is. I never once said they improved in this episode, I was referring to the past battles after her fight against Dent in BW019. Cabernet was basically treated like a character of the day here- she'd suddenly disappeared after her loss. At least we know Cabernet will be in the next episode.

Long story short: Cabernet's loss was disappointing because we didn't get to witness her doing well in battle like in those Don George tournaments.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 3rd August 2012 at 1:59 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Out of all the three first tournament episodes (Reunion Battles In Nimbasa ; The Clubsplosion Begins ; The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Dragonite VS Beartic!!) this was probably the worse. It felt so rushed :/

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Instead Cabernet was fobbed off all so they could show how strong Shooty's Jalorda is.
    I think they should have shown this differently, in my opinion. If they wanted to show Serperior to be strong, they could have shown Cabernet's Hihidaruma strong. Like it using Flare Blitz and Jarlorda taking the hit and surviving it. Instead, it just looked like Serperior beat a weak Darmanitan. -_-
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    The best parts of this episode were Iris against Georgia and the exhibition match. Everything else was so rushed it felt pointless. I don’t know how they could possibly feel it a good decision to rush things so much.

The only thing I’m happy about is the disapproval Iris got from Alder, Cilan and most importantly Georgia. I’m expecting this rivalry to take a new turn now since Dragonite’s victory represents more how amateur Iris is rather than her strength.

Burgundy keeps being the butt monkey of this show. I don’t even know why she exists. She serves no purpose. At least Georgia's rivalry is getting a new dimension but Burgundy just keeps being an idiot and has absolutely no effect on Cilan’s journey. He deserves something better.
    Iris getting shamed was awesome, too bad the other rivals suck.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Poor Burgundy, I hope she eventually wins a battle

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Us

Did you not read anyone's post, there was no one shotting except for Trip and Dragonite, everyone else's matches were just finishing up. This happened before

This show
    DBZ
    Every shown with freaking tournaments
    Perhaps if you type this properly, I could understand it. Right now all I can say is "what?".

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    Iris getting shamed was awesome, too bad the other rivals suck.
    Alder didn't say anything bad. It was only Georgia, and Cilan's face expression who saw the issue with Dragonite not listening to Iris. Everyone else was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by battlemaster123 View Post
    Wait wouldnt catlins appearnce in the anime mean that the pokemon world has aged and that ash couldnt possibly be ten?
    I think Caitlin is in the original BW games, so her appearance is not messed up.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Anyway, what was Trip called by the judge? Anyone knows?
    WARNING : I really hiatus from Pokeani Spoiler because I move to other anime fandom. It doesn't mean I hate Pokeani, but I should keep my reputation for not being annoyed by stranger people who doesn't like/underestimate Pokeani. If you want to CHAT about POKEANI with me, please CONTACT me below. Thanks
    Follow my Twitter : @mega_shootiepie | Blackberry Messenger : 2b37cbed (Mega ShootiePie) (will move to BBM because I am gonna have new phone) | LINE : mega_shootiepie | My Instagram

I liked how Trips voice kinda deepened/twisted at the very end of his inside thoughts after his battle and looking at Alder, dunno if anyone else paid attention to that. I think he'll completely snap when he loses to either Ash or Alder in this tourney.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Ash's reaction to especially Cabernet was great. He's just like ".....Cabernet..-_-" Even he realizes how worthless her appearance will be.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 4th August 2012 at 4:45 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I liked how Trips voice kinda deepened/twisted at the very end of his inside thoughts after his battle and looking at Alder, dunno if anyone else paid attention to that. I think he'll completely snap when he loses to either Ash or Alder in this tourney.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Ash's reaction to especially Cabernet was great. He's just like ".....Cabernet..-_-" Even he realizes how worthless her appearance will be.
    He seemed focused and determined not really about to snap or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    He seemed focused and determined not really about to snap or anything.
    Yeah I know, he's so keen about Alder that it's effecting his voice lol. Probably not intentional, just something I took note of. I mean that if he is SO determined about this, what'll happen when he eventually gets smashed. Nothing good, I'm sure of that.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Not a bad episode. I'm still a little annoyed that Iris is having problems with ANOTHER pokemon not listening to her. Anyway, I like how the writers put three battles in only one episode without making it seem rushed.

I liked this episode, you establish Trip's renewed focus to take down Alder, a member of the Unova elite four, Iris's relationship with Dragonite, and continued building for an eventual final battle between Iris and Georgia (which I hope is four-on-four).

I think it would be interesting if Georgia went and caught that Hydreigon.

Trip thinks he's the ****.

Wow I hope that Ash beats him in the finals or he wins but Alder thrashes him. Learn a bit of humility.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    Not a bad episode. I'm still a little annoyed that Iris is having problems with ANOTHER pokemon not listening to her. Anyway, I like how the writers put three battles in only one episode without making it seem rushed.
    Are you kidding me?!
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

A rushed episode, we didn't even get to see Dawn or Cilan battle like with Iris, and given how this is Dawn's cameo she's supposed to get screen time, what a shame for her. Well, until the next episode then when she loses to Iris at least there will be a battle.
    Last edited by Blessed; 6th August 2012 at 3:47 AM.

Just watched the subbed version of this episode, and I really enjoyed seeing the battle between Caitlin and Cynthia, even if it wasn't finished. I'm interested to see some more of Caitlin in the future as well as some backstory on her.

Great to see Dragonite take all of those attacks like a real boss. I could almost swear that his ability is Multiscale and he's from one of those Hidden Hollows. Georgia seems to have a lot of high expectations about Iris, and I'm starting to get a small feeling that she WANTS Iris to beat her because of her own skills, and not because of an overpowered, yet disobedient Pokemon. Either way, I'm sure Georgia is eventually going to chew out Iris over the dissonance between Axew and the rest of her team.

Some of these battles are extremely contrived, like pansage beating galvantula or piplup beating stoutland, for that matter who would be dumb enough to enter karrablast in a world torunament?

Watched the subs. What I found interesting was that Cilan called Iris's and Dragonite's partnership a "terrible marriage," which makes me wonder if he's going to put those Connoisseur abilities to good use and try to correct the relationship (or at least confront Iris on it and tell her she needs to straighten it out with her Pokemon if she wants to be successful).

Of course, I'm probably expecting too much of the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Some of these battles are extremely contrived, like pansage beating galvantula or piplup beating stoutland, for that matter who would be dumb enough to enter karrablast in a world torunament?
    Well Pansage could have used Rock Throw off-screen but I agree with the other two.

Random : PokéRadar

I love how people forget or ignore that this episode was very similar to most Contest episodes. Most Contest episodes quickly skip early battles just like this and have matches similar to the Dragonite one.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I love how people forget or ignore that this episode was very similar to most Contest episodes. Most Contest episodes quickly skip early battles just like this and have matches similar to the Dragonite one.
    Yeah but Contest episodes aren't about kicking the moves away like they were nothing but showing off the Pokemon's look. >.> So of course the end battle would be longer.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I think what I enjoyed most about the episode was that finally someone was able to make a dent on Garchomp's unbeatable image. Axew was able to surprise it a bit but Caitlin I think was the first one to deal significant damage to it. It was nice to see it struggle for once.

I just watched it subbed and still the only thing I liked about this episode was Burgundy telling Dawn to watch out for Cilan and the battle between Cynthia and Caitlin.
    Last edited by Dawn+Serena Fan; 6th August 2012 at 6:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast