Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #84 - Special #3

Pachirisu has pretty terrible offenses and no way to make them better outside of Charge Beam. It's defenses are better then average for an electric rodent an it should have an easier time staying alive. Generation V has given Pachirisu a much more useful ability in Volt Absorb. This gives Pachirisu a chance to switch in safely.

PachiFusion

Pachirisu @ Leftovers
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EV: 252 Speed / 252 HP / 4 S. Defense
    Nature: Timid (+ Speed / - Attack)

Super Fang
    Thunder Wave
    Swagger / Flatter
    Volt Switch / U-Turn

Pachirisu can run a poor man's Parafusion with the help of Swagger or Flatter. Whichever 100% confusion move you use depends on your preference. Flatter sharply raises Special Attack, which makes it safer to use on suspected Physical Sweepers. Swagger boosts the Attack of a Pokemon and makes it more likely that they'll KO themselves, which is how Pachirisu will likely be netting KOs due to its pitiful attacking stats. Volt Switch / U-Turn are for when Pachirisu needs to exit the scene quickly. U-Turn provides a switch that cannot be commonly blocked while Volt Switch provides a stronger attack.

RestTalk

Pachirisu @ Leftovers
    EV: 252 HP / 252 S. Defense / 4 Defense
    Nature: Calm (+ S. Defense / - Attack)

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Super Fang
    Discharge / Toxic

This set is designed to make Pachirisu harder to kill then your average electric rodent. An Earthquake will still ruin Pachirishu's day, but it can take a hit or two from a Special Attacker or Wall. The idea is to weaken the opposing Team with a combination of Super Fang and your status of choice. If you had Toxic Spikes support you can even get away with using a Swagger in the last slot.

Hit and Run

Pachirisu @ Leftovers / Light Clay
    EV: 252 Speed / 252 HP / 4 S. Defense
    Nature: Timid (+ Speed / - Attack)

Light Screen
    Super Fang
    Volt Switch
    U-Turn

Pachirisu does two jobs here. The most important is sinking its fangs into walls and other threatening Pokemon so your team mates can pick them off. Pachirisu can only set up Light Screen to further improve its passable Special Defense, so you can take advantage of that. Leftovers keep Pachirisu alive longer when constantly tagging in and out. If you don't value that surviability you can run Light Clay instead to prolong the effects of Light Screen.

Team Mates: Pachirisu can't KO much on its own. A Pokemon that can assist with the KO is essential. Toxic Spikes support can save it a moveslot and allow it to annoy another way. A Pokemon that can bait an electric attack can help Pachirisu get in. Pachirisu itself can be used to bait attacks, mainly Earthquake, which can help a Flying / Levitating team mate come in.

Counters: On most sets Taunt will prevent Pachirisu from doing anything. Prankster Pokemon will completely rain on Pachirisu's parade since most get Encore, Taunt, or both. Ground Types can stop a Volt Switch and either get a Free Turn or an Easy KO against Pachirisu's meager defense.

given that there appears to be nothing set up for saturday for this special what if we did one for pichu.I know it's fairly weak and only really works in LC but could be interesting to see what people come up with.

I...cannot.....resist....maximum output.....

Pikachu + Light Ball
    Max Special attack
    -----—-------—--------
    Nasty Plot
    Charge
    Thunder
    Hidden Power Water

It's over 9000!!!!!

Yes, i went there

Plusle and Minun should be covered in one PotW, seeing as they're carbon copies of each other. The only differences are minor changes in stat distribution, and that their level-up movesets have two move differences (although, Plusle's "unique moves" are Fake Tears, which they both learn at a later level, and Last Resort, which is a move tutor in BW2, giving Plusle no unique moves at all).

Anyway, these two have traditionally been pretty bad, with their only real use being to show off the Double Battle system when it was introduced in Gen III. Their Special Attack stats can be pretty good if they're used together, with Plusle being at ~122 and Minun at ~107. They have gained one 'benefit' in Gen V, with three Pokemon now being able to get Plus/Minus (Klinklang, Ampharos, and Manectric). That could give them some more usability (although, all of these Pokemon are weak to Ground, so the Cheering Duo will still suffer).

As for movesets, they're pretty basic. They can Baton Pass Agility and Nasty Plot, and could pull off a special moveset or two. Again, these two are much better when used in Doubles and Triples with another Plus/Minus user.

EDIT: I just realized that Plusle and Minun both get Entrainment. This could be helpful in Doubles/Triples now that Plus can power Plus and Minus can power Minus. While it doesn't make them amazing, it does allow them to get the 1.5x SpA boost with any partner, as well as giving their partner a 1.5x boost. A bit gimmicky, but could lead to a powerful Special Attacker (perhaps team it up with Light Ball Pikachu?).
    Last edited by wunderkind; 5th August 2012 at 7:18 PM.
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

while wikachu might seem great with 400 offenses (with the max stat) with light ball
    Raichu is quicker and is a bit stronger overall with choice band/specs/nasty plot and he actually have kind of bulk (special anyway).

So much deley here are some sets:

Don't think I am gonna Raichu a title
    @ choice band
    Adamant/Jolly
    252/252 attack/speed, 4 HP
    Lightning rod
    -Volt Tackle
    - Brick Break
    - Return/extreamespeed*
    - Volt Switch/extreamespeed*

well I just looked at his physical movepool and that's the best set I could think of (yeah sad physical movepool) but oh well, volt tackle is his strongest move and also the evolutionary line ace move 120 BP move is decent and might KO some pokemons, brick break is a good coverage move I found, return is a filler.. but you got extreame speed from an event (*I think pikachu comes with his DW ability so you must use it), volt switch is great for scouting even on a physical set.

Nasty Raikage (naruto pun lol)
    @ life orb
    252/252 special attack/speed, 4 HP
    Timid
    Lightning rod/static
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP ice
    -Focus Blast/Grass Knot
    -Nasty Plot

Raichus' special movepool is a bit more.. blessed he have a great set up move on nasty plot (and is bulkier than pikachu) so let's abuse it
    thunderbolt is STAB and HP ice is the best option on most electric types cause of boltbeam, focus blast is a strong ttack to hit steels specially steelix (this set is aimed to RU/NU) but it hits hard regerdless, grass knot might hit hard heavy ground types his other moves are hat his other moves hit weaker.

I don't think a mixed scarf set might work raichu is kinda weak..

Now for the MC king and a noob fan favorite pikachu

in NU it might work decently on slower teams but not against anything, middle cup is where pikachu shines he is there a premier sweeper who every team should prepare to. but in NU it is passable there are bulkier stuff or at least faster like mincinno with his amazing skill link abillity, to abuse a better frail sweeper.

I shouldn't pikachu
    @light ball (obviously main sell point)
    252 sp. attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
    Modest/Timid
    Lightning rod
    -thunderbolt
    -Grass Knot/Focus Blast
    -HP ice
    -Subtitute

Just like raichu's set but with more initial power but really much frailer.. the moves are just like raichu's previous set but pikachu aims to KO something behind a switch.. 458 special attack with the ability to switch attacks with base 80 speed is decent might take on slower
    teams

Physical version have a problem with the stab so..

all out phychu
    @ light ball
    Adamant/Jolly
    Lightning rod
    252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
    -Volt Tackle
    -ExtreameSpeed
    -Brick Break
    -Volt Switch/Subtitute

is a weaker version of the CB raichu I posted before but with a plus of switching moves, volt tackle is his best STAB. extreamespeed take on frail things, brick break take on grond types somehow, volt switch scouts sub too but protect from status like sleep powder from vileplume or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I wonder how long it'll take until people realize that pikachu gets nasty plot and cool toys like grass knot....sure you can't get a dw pikachu with nasty plot until pichu is thrown into the mix, but still...

Lulz...pikachu also gets random stuff like wish and encore and knock off... even tho it has no place using those sorts of things

EDIT: I just realized that Plusle and Minun both get Entrainment. This could be helpful in Doubles/Triples now that Plus can power Plus and Minus can power Minus. While it doesn't make them amazing, it does allow them to get the 1.5x SpA boost with any partner, as well as giving their partner a 1.5x boost. A bit gimmicky, but could lead to a powerful Special Attacker (perhaps team it up with Light Ball Pikachu?).
    This strategy could work with Archeops. Archeops has a good 110 Special Attack that gains a 50% boost, and at the same time it loses Defeatist.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

I'mma Raichu a Love Song!
    Raichu
    Ability: Lightningrod
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Evs: 252 Spec. Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    HP Ice
    Grass Knot

Electric moves have good coverage. Grass Knot or HP ice for grounds, while HP Ice is mostly for Dragons. Switch out if facing a Lightningrod pokemon
    Basic Special Sweeper, if you want a choiced set, then replace NP with Focus Blast, give it a scarf or specs and you can also have Modest.

Other Options:
    Signal Beam is another special attacking option
    Discharge for paralysis
    Volt Tackle for a mixed set
    Encore for opposing pokes with scarf/specs/band
    SubPunch is always good, but for an Adamant / Jolly Set with Volt Tackle
    Wild Charge, i believe is less powerful than Volt Tackle yet has less recoil
    Volt Switch is also good if scouting for that switch.
    Fake Out for that first turn flinch

Pi, Pi, Pik - ACHUUUUU!
    Pikachu
    Item: Light Ball, the only reason it is good

Pikachu can pull off most of the moves that Raichu can. Remember that it CAN'T LEARN FOCUS BLAST, a common mistake people make.

We will Shock you! (Doubles set)

Me plus You = Win
    Plusle
    Ability: Plus
    Item: Focus Sash / Life Orb
    Nature: Modest / Timid
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    HP Ice
    Protect / Nasty Plot / Agility

Plusle is the attacker for the team. It has slightly higher Special Attack than Minun. Plus and Minus ability give them that boost in Special Attack. T-bolt for stab, Grass Knot for grounds while Ice for dragons. Focus Sash + Protect is for if you are up against strong grounds types. Nasty Plot is with Timid as Agility is an option for Modest. If you truly want, you can run this set for Minun, but Plusle won't be a good supporter.

Other options:
    Signal Beam is another special attacking move
    Baton Pass to pass the special attack boosts to other pokes

Me minus You = Failure
    Minun
    Ability: Minus
    Item: Leftovers / Damp Rock
    Nature: Bold
    Evs: 252 Defense / 252 Spec. Defense / 4 HP
    Thunderbolt / Thunder
    Thunder Wave / Rain Dance
    Wish
    Encore

Minun is the supporter pokemon for the duo, and a crucial member to the team. Encore to stop Choiced pokemon. Wish for health regaining. Thunder Wave to make sure that both Plusle and Minun are the fastest on the feild. While T-bolt to stop yourself from being Taunt bait. Since Politoed can't be of help, you can also set up your own rain, paired with damp rock and 100% accurate STAB Thunder.

Other options:
    Helping Hand to boost Plusle's moves
    Sweet Kiss for Parafusion
    Instead of Thunder Wave, you could run Toxic
    Light Screen + Light Clay is an option, but Reflect cannot be learned, so no dual screens
    Protect as well if predicting a ground move
    Last edited by 2406Blackbird; 5th August 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Don't Min-us at all!

General Gist: the cheering duo are cute and maybe TRY to sweep if your opponent is nice to you.

At the pikaf it's usability
    Pikachu@light ball
    -fake out
    -thunderpunch/volt tackle
    -brick break
    -quick attack/protect/iron tail/WHATEVAH!
    4 hp 252 atk 252 spd
    Lightningrod/static
    Jolly/adamant

With light ball equipped, pikachu is a deadly physical sweeper, with base 110 atk. Fake out is always incredibly useful, breaking sashes and flinching foes. The next two moves have decent coverage and can be quite powerful. The last move is filler or protecqt for doubles.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 2406Blackbird View Post
    I'mma Raichu a Love Song!
    Raichu
    Item: Life Orb
    Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    HP Ice
    Grass Knot

Electric moves have good coverage. Grass Knot or HP ice for grounds, while HP Ice is mostly for Dragons. Switch out if facing a Lightningrod pokemon
    Basic Special Sweeper, if you want a choiced set, then replace NP with Focus Blast, give it a scarf or specs and you can also have Modest.

Other Options:
    Signal Beam is another special attacking option
    Discharge for paralysis
    Volt Tackle for a mixed set
    Encore for opposing pokes with scarf/specs/band
    SubPunch is always good, but for an Adamant / Jolly Set with Volt Tackle
    Wild Charge, i believe is less powerful than Volt Tackle yet has less recoil
    Volt Switch is also good if scouting for that switch.
    Fake Out for that first turn flinch

Pi, Pi, Pik - ACHUUUUU!
    Pikachu
    Item: Light Ball, the only reason it is good

Pikachu can pull off most of the moves that Raichu can. Remember that it CAN'T LEARN FOCUS BLAST, a common mistake people make.
    Wait it can't learn focus blast? great.. anyway I don't think pikachu should run nasty plot he have paper defenses and his speed isn't the greatest.

minun and plusel are terrible pachirisu have a first stage stats (like it needs 2 evolutions) it have horrible offenses but nice speed and sp.defense..
    emolga looks better 75 offenses 103 speed it is and impressive speed stat could be used mainly for support like tailwind in doubles or a scouter with volt switch

an usable set in NU which is outclassed by rotom-S (but rotom-S have less speed)

pachirisu's evolution
    @ choice specs
    timid/modest
    252/252 special sweeper, 4 defense
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -HP ice
    -Air Slash

kinda like rotom-S set but emolga doesn't learn trick sadly, Thunderbolt is emolgas' strongest STAB which have good accuracy (in OU (if you are crazy enough to use him instead of jolteon or zapdos) use thunder)
    volt switch scous but take a note you should pack a spinner or natu since stealth rock hurts, HP ice boltbeam you know the drill, air slash is a secoundary STAB hits fighting and grass types which is great.
    still base 75 attack isn't that strong with full inversment it get a passablle 403 sp.attack, note that if you are not running timid positive natured base 90 and above outspeed you so you should consider timid with timid you have 373 sp.attack which is good it is like a positive base 120 sp.attack (and that's why you should use specs) which is great with this speed in NU.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Raichu

Because of the existence of the Light Ball, Raichu can't really match Pikachu in power. Both have bad defenses and HP, so Raichu's somewhat higher defenses sadly don't mean much, considering both are likely to be OHKO'ed. Speed is Raichu's only reedeeming quality, as there are plenty of Pokemon who have a Speed stat between 100 (Raichu) and 90 (Pikachu). In addition, since Pikachu needs its Light Ball, Raichu can hold some other item, like a Focus Sash.

Abilities:
    Static: 30% chance to paralyze when physical attack is used against Raichu. It's alright, but Raichu doesn't last long, which hampers its effectiveness.
    Lightningrod: Draws in Electric type moves for no damage and increases Special Attack by 1 stage. Mostly for Doubles to help a partner that's weak to Electric, but it's also useful to get a free switch in and stat boost in Singles.

Light Ball? Who Needs It?

- Volt Tackle/Wild Charge
    - Thunder/Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot/Focus Blast/Reversal/Iron Tail
    - Volt Switch
    Item: Focus Sash/Life Orb
    Ability: Static/Lightningrod
    EVs and Nature: Naive (+Spd, -SpDef); 168 Atk/168 SpAtk/172 Spd

Mixed attacking set. Thanks to 5th Gen bringing Wild Charge, we now have a decent physical Electric attack that doesn't cause 1/3 damage recoil. It does 1/4. (I know, not much difference, just mentioning it.) Yeah...maybe stick with Volt Tackle if you don't care too much about that recoil margin. Thunder(bolt) is your powerful special Electric type move. The third move is whatever you want to take out Pokemon immune to Electric type moves. Volt Switch lets you scout.

One Hit Point Wonder

- Flail
    - Reversal
    - Thunderpunch
    - Thunder Wave
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Static/Lightningrod
    EVs and Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk) or Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk); 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Step 1: Get hit, Focus Sash comes into effect, leaving you with 1 HP. Use Thunder Wave or Thunderpunch if something gets in the way. (Ex: Damaging weather, current foe isn't an attacker, entry hazards, etc.)
    Step 2: Use Flail and Reversal to destroy opponents. Thunderpunch to handle Ghost types and against types in which you have supereffectiveness.
    Step 3: Keep going until KO'ed.
    WARNING: Priority attacks will easily kill you.

Other Options

A few, nothing amzaing.

Charm cuts a foe's attack in half.
    Sweet Kiss confuses a foe with a 75% rate. Just leaving confusing to Confuse Rayers would probably be a better idea, though...
    Electro Ball can do massive amounts of damage against opponents that are way slower than you. Too situational for me, although it can work.
    Agility doubles Speed, although Raichu doesn't have the defenses to give it a chance to set up.
    Discharge damages everything else on the field in Doubles.
    Encore locks the foe onto the last move they used. Good to use if you have the chance.
    Fake Out is a strange move for Raichu to have. A little bit of free damage at the start isn't too bad, though.
    Wish heals whatever is in Raichu's position in the next turn. Could work out well enough, even if Raichu isn't much of a supporter.

Double and Triple Battle Options

Discharge. That's pretty much it. Raichu isn't really suited for these because of its small HP and defenses.

Partners

If you are going to use Raichu in Doubles/Triples, might as well have a Volt Absorb/Ground type partner to combo with Discharge.

Counters

Most Raichu will have a Focus Sash on, so... Entry hazards. Priority moves. If it doesn't have a Focus Sash, any attack that's not resisted by Raichu with decent power behind it will OHKO, especially physical moves.

Even Pichu should garner at least a little attention. Frankly, the only Pichu set I can think of is Focus Sash/Counter, a set that its evolutionary brethren can easily outclass thanks to better stats.

Come to think of it, I used a team consisting of only the electric rodents, with mixed results (mostly losses thanks to either inferior stats or not-too-great type synergy, usually the former)
    YouTube Pika250, Twitter Pika250
    BMGf no. 8125 (Pika25), Smogon no. 8077 (Pika25)
    Find me at those Forums too!

My Pokemon Online Dream Team, I am "Scotty" on PO

I'm going to focus on Pikachu.
    Pikachu, with its signature Light Ball equipped, has attacking stats that are on par with the mighty Rayquayza, and has a decent base 90 speed to boot. It's movepool is slightly underwhelming, but it gets the job. Pikachu's biggest issue is its defenses. It's bulk resembles wet toilet paper. Held item will always be Light Ball and ability will always be Lightningrod.

Nastychu
    EVs: 252 sp attack and speed, 4 hp

Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Hidden Power Ice/Signal Beam

Yeah, you know.

Physichu
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 attack and speed, 4 hp

Volt Tackle/Thunderpunch/Wild Charge
    Brick Break
    Quick Attack
    Fake Out/Volt Tackle/Thunderpunch/Wild Charge

Yeah, you know.
    I claim Buizel.

Pikachu spinoff week? SWEET.

Raichu @ Air Balloon
    Timid
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Lightningrod
    Substitute
    Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    HP Ice

Sub on something you threaten, like Mantine. If you can Nasty Plot and keep your Sub intact, you've effectively won.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
    Naive
    252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe
    Lightningrod
    Volt Tackle
    ExtremeSpeed
    Grass Knot
    Brick Break

I guess Pikachu can go mixed.

Not going to comment on the other ones, as I have no idea what they're useful for.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

i was gonna try to make some jokes about how bad pachirisu is, but Smogon's analysis is too great.

Credit to the amazing Lunar <3 and EG and BH :3

Yay, Emolga... Great, the only Viable thing in this list

U-Turning into my Partner

Emolga @ Flying Gem
    Jolly (+Spe, -SpA) / Adament (+Att, -SpA)
    Static
    252 Attk/ 252 Spe/ 4HP
    U-Turn
    Acrobatics
    Roost
    Attract/Thunder Wave

This is Emolga's Physical Incarnation, and it is one hell of a problem. With STAB Flying Gem Acrobatics, it will be able to One-Shot anything that is weak to it, or have paper defenses, and it really helps if this thing is Taunted or against something that does have Rattled. U-Turn is Standard flair for Emolga when it's going Physical, and can annoy the heck out of people. Roost will help it live after U-Turning or using Acrobatics, if it lives that is. Attract and Thunder Wave is dependent on the hax you want, never Taunt, there are better Taunters in NU.

Elesa's little helpers

Emolga @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature (+Spe,-Att)
    Motor Drive
    252 SpA/252 Spee/ 4Hp
    Volt Switch
    Air Slash
    Signal Beam
    Roost

This is Emolga's attempt to Sweep, and Annoy the Hell out of you. Elesa had the right idea of using TWO of these things... Volt Switch is Obvious, as this thing is like, the pure definition of VoltTurn. Air Slash is there for coverage against Volcarona and Heracross, if you manage to Outspeed it somehow, or Switch in Safely for the Latter. Signal Beam is for all the Psychic types that like to infest the tiers. Roost is standard Flair, and Leftovers for for an attempt to healing.

Other Options
    Taunt- You can use this, but there are better Pokemon
    Electro Ball+Agility This is Gimmicky, as Emolga becomes Taunt bait and get's walled to high Heaven by Blissy.
    Mixed Unless you want to annoy People with VoltTurn+Roost. I don't really suggest this

Abilities
    Static for Physical, Motor Drive for everything else. Do I have to explain anymore?

Counters Blissey, this thing will wall everything but the Physical Set to High Heaven, Ferrothorn can be said the same, but it'll need to watch out for HP Fire. Also, MAMOSWINE. This thing is the Pure Counter. It can take anything Emolga throws and retaliate with STAB Ice Shard. Also, anything that can Resis VoltTurn and has pretty high Speed will KO Emolga.

Partners SmashPassing, Nasty Plot Passing, and something that can get rid of Mamoswine.

That is all, you may carry on now

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Let me focus on Emolga

Forgot Electro Ball

Emolga@Flying Gem
    Nature:Naughty
    252Att/252Spe/4Hp
    Ability:Static
    Moves:
    Thunder Wave
    Wild charge
    Iron Tail
    Acrobatics

Speed is everything
    Emolga@Cell Battery
    Nature:Modest
    Ability:Motor Drive
    252SpA/252Spe/4Hp
    Moves:
    Agility
    Electro Ball
    Aerial Ace
    Tailwind

Partners:For any set with Motor Drive you should have a discharge user.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Raichu
    THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDER RATS! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Raichu@Damp Rock
    Timid(-Atk/+Spd)
    Lightningrod
    4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spd

Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Thunder Wave
    Light Screen/Grass Knot

Let's see... Not much to say here. Get rain up and spam a STAB never miss Thunder for 8 turns. T-Wave and Light Screen are just there for support. Grass Knot's there to hit grounds that wall Thunder.

SubPunch works too. Just use the Pikachu set below with different EVs. Just put the extra 4 EVs into Def instead of HP because it's HP is already perfect for 4 Substitutes with max HP IVs and use a Shell Bell or Lefties. Shell Bell will recover enough for two more Substitutes if you take no more damage and keep using Focus Punch. Lefties will recover enough for two more Substitutes as well and it's far more reliable but Shell Bell works if the item clause is in effect and you'd rather use lefties for something else that needs it more.

Pikachu
    Sub-Punch
    Pikachu@Light Ball
    Adamant (+Atk/-SpAtk)
    Static
    8 HP/252 Atk/248 Spd

Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Reversal/Flail/Volt Tackle
    Quick Attack

Make a Substitute and then Focus Punch, simple right? With 12 HP EVs you can make four substitutes and be left with 1 HP which is perfect for Reversal and/or Flail. Depending on your personal tastes or you could go for a weaker but still powerful STAB Volt Tackle. This only works if you're faster and Pikachu outspeeds quite a bit in the NU tier but without max speed I'm not so much. It's good to have if you're going against some of the slower NU Pokemon. Another option just to pull off a little damage before fainting is Quick Attack which means you can pull one off even if you are slower which can pull off a knock out if they have very very low HP and then get another hit on the next Pokemon or you can get a little bit of damage to help a revenge killer.

Nasty Plot
    Pikachu@Light Ball
    Timid (+Spd/-Atk)
    Lightningrod
    4 Def/252 SpAtk/252 Spd

Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Substitute/Encore

Pikachu doesn't have a very wide variety of moves when it comes to Special Attacks but it does have a pseudo Bolt-Beam coverage with Hidden power and STAB Thunderbolt. With the Light Ball Pikachu's Special attack quadruples with a single Nasty Plot which is just plain deadly. Then if you do a switch in from a Pokemon like Gyarados it just adds more Sp Atk to your little yellow sweeper. Finally Substitute or Encore because it can allow you to set up. I know it's the Smogon set but it's a really good set.

Pichu?
    I don't see why there's no Pichu. I guess it has bad stats. It has Nasty Plot though which is nice.

Plusle & Minun
    Shockingly Annoying
    Plusle & Minun@Leftovers
    Timid (+Spd/-Atk)
    Plusle=Plus, Minun=Minus
    4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spd

Volt Switch
    Thunder Wave
    Sweet Kiss
    Attract

So many hax, so little time. Thunder Wave paralyses, Sweet Kiss' confusion and Attract's infatuation they're down to 18.75% chance of attacking. Volt Switch is there to get out if you're taunted.

Nasty Plot
    Plusle & Minun@Leftovers
    Modest (+SpAtk/-Atk)
    Plusle=Plus, Minun=Minus
    4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spd

Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt/Thunder
    Grass Knot
    Signal Beam

Plusle & Minun lack the movepools to pull this off but here's what they can do. Nasty Plot doubles their Sp Atk and then Thunderbolt is accurate, Thunder's more power. Grass Knot is for rocks and grounds and then Signal Beam's there for coverage.

The Kirby Squeak Squad Cheerleaders
    Pluzle & Minun@Focus Sash
    Timid (+Spd/-Atk)
    Plusle=Plus, Minun=Minus
    252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd

Baton Pass
    Nasty Plot
    Encore
    Volt Switch

One slice of strawberry shortcake to whoever knows the reference. Trap the foe that's trying to take advantage of your non-intimidating appearance and give them a hand with Encore. Then you start to thing of ways to get revenge on their Team with Nasty Plot as they get out of there and go into something else. If you're fast enough you can develop your plans further for complete domination, if not you can pass the baton to the next member of the Squeak Squad with Baton Pass and give them your revenge plans so they can sweep the competition. If you get taunted by your foe just tag out with Volt Switch.

Pachirisu
    Oh poor Pachirisu. It was stuck with two useless competitive abilities in Gen 4 but now with the Dream World it gains a new ability giving it... I guess giving it a little more of an edge but since the other two are useless it's predictable as to what it has and not only that but it's unable to recieve TMs prior to Gen V as well as Move Tutor moves prior to the new ones in B2/W2.

Choice
    Pachicrisu@Life Orb/Choice Band
    Adamant (+Atk/-SpAtk)
    Volt Absorb
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Thunderpunch
    Seed Bomb
    Dig/Iron Tail
    Return/U-Turn

Thunderpunch is STAB and physical. Seed Bomb can take care of Water/Ground types that would otherwise wall your little rodent punches as well as add coverage. Iron Tail has less accuracy but more power than Dig and Dig takes two turns so they could easily switch out into something else, but they both add more coverage and have similar coverage. U-Turn can scout out moves while Return is just plain powerful.

Emolga
    Acrorat
    Emolga@Flying Gem
    Adamant (+Atk/-SpAtk)
    Volt Absorb
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Acrobatics
    Wild Charge
    Roost/U-Turn
    Iron Tail

It's a squirrel, but whatever. Acrobatics gains a LOT of power with the Flying Gem and STAB. Then there's Wild Charge which is also STAB and is quite strong. Roost can heal while U-Turn can scout or switch out to something to prevent damage and Iron Tail can hit those who resist your STABs.
    All of these are in my check list. Bu let me help you guys out with Puns:

a. Raichu:
    -Pikachu's Frenemy(refer to the anime * pokepark 2 wonders beyond)
    -Why am I NOT A COLLECTIBLE TROPHY?! (yes, raichu is not a collectable trophy in Super smah bros`Brawl)
    -Raichu Aran (another tip from SMBB. Samus Aran's orange armor time orange fur of Raichu

b.Pikachu:
    -I am Zero Suit Samus' favorite pet (If you recall the cutscenes from SSBB too.)
    -Pikachu Smash Bros Brawl

c. Plusle and Minun (most favorite electric mice. Pichu goes second)
    -I'm Proton Plusle. and I'm Electron Minun(study some parts of the atom)
    -HiHi Puffy Ami Yumi Mouse!
    -Cheerleader's Go!Go!Go!
    -need a heping hand

d. Pachirisu
    -I feel nutty

e. Emolga
    -Pervy squirrel girl (emolga in the anime is showing hints of seduction on *** topics not recommended for kids)
    -Where's Snivy? I need to pummel her!

f. Pichu (Please don't forget pichu)
    -Uncontrollable peaches of electricity
    -Adorable Baby bullies (Nasty plot reference. Bad thoughts brings pichu to bullying status. Don't believe, read Pikachu's adventure something of a comic)
    -I wanna be the very best Super Smash Bros Melee character ever!

g. Event Pichus (don't forget them! I want them seen too! )
    -I am celebi's companion (Pikachu colored pichu)
    -Pichu Christ? Server of Arceus (Spiky eared pichu and 13th movie reference)

AS for movests:

-plusle and minun can play different roles on a double battle. The advantage of that in doubles is that it is not easy to tell which holds the offensive moves and who holds the status moves. On doubles though, use their signature move, 'helping hand', give support to each other. Add that 120 power thunder +Rain+ Same Type Attack Boost + Minus/Plus + Helping hand + enemy weakness = Lugia in doubles may wanna call for groudon's help. It will be horribly damaging, even if one of the enemy's resist.

-Use the event pichus to your advantage in little cup. One that even rivals eevee
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

EMOLGA
    This is my moveset, but I'm no good with EVs so if someone could help me out that would be A+

Double The Annoying Squirrels!
    ~Thunder / Thunderbolt
    ~ Hidden Power Fighting / Iron Tail
    ~ Double Team
    ~ Electro Ball / Volt Switch
    Item: Leftovers / Magnet

So Thunder for your basic power move, Thunderbolt if you want more accuracy, Hidden Power Fighting for Ice and Rock, Iron Tail is another option if you can't get HP Fighting, Double Team for anyplace except Smogon, here you could put any other move listed if you're on Smogon, Electro Ball to take advantage of Emolga's Speed, Volt Switch to deal damage and get out in a pinch. Leftovers is a decent standby item, magnet to add to already strong electric moves benefiting from STAB. Feel free to help me out on the EVs.
    Last edited by MetamonKerudio; 6th August 2012 at 10:17 AM.
    Made by me!
        Spoiler:- Miscellaneous Sig Stuff Here:

Raichu:
    Ah... Raichu. It's probably stuck in the NU tier of depth. Raichu boasts high (enough) speed, good sp. attack and attack, decent sp.def, but totally bad def. just shake this electric mouse with an earthquake or two, and it's probably done for the day. Its pichu form gets nasty plot, which elevates its ok sp.atk to a high level. Also, its dream world ability, Lightningrod, is great and allows it to switch in while gaining a boost.

Set 1: In a FLASH
    - Thunderbolt/Thunder
    - Grass Knot
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunder Wave/ Toxic
    Hold item: Air Balloon
    EV: 252 sp. Atk/ 252 def/ 4 speed
    Nature: Modest (+sp.atk -Atk)

The standard sweeping set. Thunderbolt is your electric sweeping move, but Thunder can be used on a rain set (rain dance! Not drizzle toad!) Grass Knot can help you cut through heavy ground types. Thunder Wave can be used to slow enemies down, and Toxic can be used to break stuff down. Nasty Plot boosts your sp. Atk to an impressive level. Air Balloon may provide you with a free turn if you catch the opponent off guard,

Other options:
    Hidden Power- Fire can be used to break down Tangela, Hidden Power- Ice breaks through grass type and ground type.
    Discharge has a weaker power, and 30% paralysis may not be exactly reliable.
    Charge Beam further heightens your impressive sp. Atk after a nasty plot, while doing decent damage.
    Volt Switch is usable if you wanna scout.
    Focus Blast can be used against Absol in NU.

Counter:
    Sadly, most Electric types can counter Raichu, as most are quite light and Raichu has none up its sleeves to counter except for... Dig? They just have to watch out for toxic. Golurk is a good counter in NU, soaking up electric attacks with ease, you just gotta watch out for grass knot and HP ice. Altaria is another great counter, HP ice is scary for our little dragon though. Whiscash have to watch out for Grass Knot, but otherwise it's ok. Camerupt gets a honorable mention for resisting most of what Raichu has to offer, just watch out for stats inducing move.

Double Triple
    Weak to earthquake puts it down. Yeah, they're better electric types for doubles. It's recommended if you choose something else. Like... The cheering mouses? *if you know what I mean*
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 6th August 2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Plusle & Minun
    Let's see what we can do with this train wreck...

You were mostly introduced to demo Double Battles and Ability Synergy. Now with changes to Plus and Minus Abilities, you can get the boost in Singles thanks to Entrainment. However, your stats don't really cut it - Base 60 HP barely caps above 300 when IV-EV maxed, Base 50+/40- Attack and Base 40+/50- Defense are terrible with those Movepools, and Base 75+/85- Sp.Def is Barely-Above Average and not worth it with such low HP. However, you do have Good Base 95 Speed and a Base 85+/75- Sp.Atk that gets a 50% boost when another Pokemon has Plus or Minus Ability on the field (combined with Entrainment access, you can annoy Physical Attackers that rely on their Ability and either force a switch or potentially KO them, unless they have the raw power to KO you outright).

Movepools are the same and mostly Physical and Status Moves, so you have few usable options that go well with your Stats and Abilities. Round could be used as a potential Choice-Specs- or Metronome-boosted Move, Charge Beam is obvious for your Sp.Atk, and Hidden Power is always useful. Other than that, you have Grass Knot - not terrible, but not terribly useful considering opponent-potential shows mostly lightweights - Signal Beam, ever-useful Status Moves like Toxic and Swagger, and Minun gets Trump Card (another good Choice-Specs- or Metronome-boosted Move).
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Emolga: That kid is really being Emo-lga!

Joking aside, Emolga isn't too bad, great typing that resists the Fighting/Flying synergy plus it gets Air Slash, a good enough STAB better then Air Cutter and I guess 75 in offensive mode is OK, better than Hypno but weak.

Actually the best of them is raichu being having the higherst BST of them (480) and having better offenses than emolga and a little worse speed..
    @metamon double team is banned

I would say raichu>emolga>pikachu>the others

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast