Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #84 - Special #3

Plusle is a Pokemon that is practically used for the demonstration for double battle during the RS period. Plusle is a poor pokemom, without any good stats, except speed at base 90. It's poor in the single category, but with the arrival of 5th gen, a new gate has been opened up in the double/triple scene that poses a new threat.

I want a plushy Plusle!
    - Thunderbolt/Thunder/Volt Switch/Discharge
    - Grass Knot
    - Thunder Wave/Toxic
    - Hidden Power <Ice>
    Ability: Plus
    Hold Item: Focus Sash
    EV: 252 sp. Atk/ 252 spd/ 4 HP
    Thundebolt helps beat stuff up. Thunder can be used in rain, but Volt Switch is for scouting. Grass Knot helps you deal with the pesky ground type that come your way, while Hidden Power <Ice> beats up grass that cannot be reached by any of your other skills. Toxic helps you break down stuff you can reach, and Thunder Wave cripple enemies to support your teammate. Focus Sash ensures that you can survive two hits, seriously, it's THAT frail.

Other options:
    Nasty Plot is wasted on this cheering mouse, as it doesn't have the bulk to survive a few hits. But workable with Baton Pass.
    Sweet Kiss confuses, which I guess can give you a longer life?
    Baton Pass is passable (lol) Wish-Passing isn't that good for Plusle,since it has low HP.
    Magnet Rise is awesome, avoid earthquake for 5 turns?

Double/Triple Option
    This is where Plusle shines in. Although weak to earthquake, its sp. Atk raises to a higher level when it battles alongside Minus. *Klinklang and Manetric *have Minus alongside Minun, which is actually a blessing in disguise, as Klinklang boasts both high defense and special attack. Seriously? I'd only use Minun for the novelty.

ME + YOU <3
    - Helping Hand
    - Discharge/Thunderbolt
    - Magnet Rise
    - Round/Swift
    Magnet Rise will save you from earthquake and other ground type horrors. Discharge has a 30% chance of paralysis, but hits your ally as well. Thunderboltcan be used as an alternative. Round can become stupidly powerful, 120 for double and 180 for triple. Swiftdoes Nuetral to the other side.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Pun examples:
    Plusle and Minun
    Plus+Minus=The Best Cheerleader Duo

Emolga
    The World Ends with Elesa/Emolga
    Shibuya, the Emolgas' War Zone
    I'll give you a cookie if you can say no to my face (http://www.google.com/imgres?start=7...9,r:1,s:79,i:9)
    The most powerful Pokémon in Anime (the set with Attract I post earlier)
    Last edited by Star Champion AJ; 6th August 2012 at 5:28 PM.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Here's a pun,
    "I'll Pikachu while you shower"

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    Pun examples:
    Plusle and Minun
    Plus+Minus=The Best Cheerleader Duo

Emolga
    The World Ends with Elesa/Emolga
    Shibuya, the Emolgas' War Zone
    I'll give you a cookie if you can say no to my face (http://www.google.com/imgres?start=7...9,r:1,s:79,i:9)
    The most powerful Pokémon in Anime (the set with Attract I post earlier)
    You are aware that anime sets aren't even good in-game not to talk about wifi..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    You are aware that anime sets aren't even good in-game not to talk about wifi..
    Yes, I know that anime sets are worse than a Splashing Magikarp in wifi battles and I said before that the Attract set should NEVER be used, unless you want to troll your opponent.
    And I also know "The most powerful Pokémon in Anime" isn't a good pun for Emolga.

More pun examples for Plusle and Minun:
    The opposites attract each other.
    It's like a magnet!
    Minus is Plus
    Plus is Minus ("Less is more" reference)
    Magnet Warrior Omega/Sigma Plus (Plusle only)
    Magnet Warrior Omega/Sigma Minus (Minun only)
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Pikachu

The only reason Pikachu is even considered for competitive gameplay is because of the Light Ball, which doubles its Attack and Special Attack, giving it higher than Raichu's. Yeah, that's great, but it also means that it can't really hold any other item or else it just becomes a worse version of Raichu. The lack of Focus Sash makes Pikachu extremely easily to KO.

NOTE: I know, this is mostly a copy of my earlier post on Raichu, with a few changes to fit with Pikachu.

Abilities:
    Static: 30% chance to paralyze when physical attack is used against Pikachu. It's alright, but Pikachu doesn't last long, which hampers its effectiveness.
    Lightningrod: Draws in Electric type moves for no damage and increases Special Attack by 1 stage. Mostly for Doubles to help a partner that's weak to Electric, but Pikachu is way too feeble for Doubles. In Singles, it's useful to get a free switch in and stat boost.

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night, No Water Types Shall Escape My Sight. Let Those Who Worship Ground Types' Might, Beware My Power, Yellow Rodent's Light!

- Volt Tackle
    - Thunder/Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot/Iron Tail
    - Volt Switch
    Item: Light Ball
    Ability: Static/Lightningrod
    EVs and Nature: Naive (+Spd, -SpDef); 168 Atk/168 SpAtk/172 Spd

Recently rewatched that Green Lantern movie, made a connection with Pikachu's Light Ball. Anyways... This is pretty similar to my Raichu mixed attacker set. Volt Tackle deals heavy physical damage, Thunder(bolt) deals great special damage, the third move deals with Ground types, and Volt Switch lets Pikcahu scout and/or get out of sticky situations. It's one of the very few (or perhaps the only) set Pikachu can use, considering it dies to quickly to use support moves or anything else other than a mixed offensive.

Other Options

Not much, even less than Raichu's.

Electro Ball can do massive amounts of damage against opponents that are way slower than you. Too situational for me, although it can work.
    Discharge damages everything else on the field in Doubles.
    Encore locks the foe onto the last move they used. Good to use if you have the chance.
    Fake Out is a strange move for Pikachu to have. A little bit of free damage and breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy isn't too bad, though.

Double and Triple Battle Options

Don't even consider it. It doesn't matter that Pikachu has Discahrge and Lightningrod, its defenses can't handle...well, anything really.

Partners

If you insist on being completely insane, then use a Volt Absorb/Ground type so you can fire off those Discharges without worry. Also, a Pokemon that's weak to Electric type moves would thank Pikachu for its Lightningrod.

Counters

With its inability to hold a Focus Sash, any attacker that moves faster than Pikachu will kill it.

Drat. I missed Sunday. Oh well... I'll go ahead and review Pikachu.

We all know and love Pikachu. To most, it is the first pokemon that we can identify. It has starred in one main game and a few spin-offs.

Competition wise, Pikachu was one of 2 pokemon that can stay as a Pikachu and fight efficiently with a light ball (before the evolite came by).

This is a set I used and it works pretty well.

"Orange punch" *Event Pichu*
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Static
    Moves:
    Volt Tackle
    Brick Break
    Feint
    Thunder Wave

This set works if you play your cards right. Volt tackle is your powerful stab, but watch out for recoil. Brick break takes care of rocks, normals, and steels. Lastly, Feint for the priorety and Thunder Wave for some assistance.

I might miss the other days since I only come here once a week, but I'll try to come by to review everyone else.
    Last edited by GirlKirbyZombie; 6th August 2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Forgot something

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    Yes, I know that anime sets are worse than a Splashing Magikarp in wifi battles and I said before that the Attract set should NEVER be used, unless you want to troll your opponent.
    And I also know "The most powerful Pokémon in Anime" isn't a good pun for Emolga.

More pun examples for Plusle and Minun:
    The opposites attract each other.
    It's like a magnet!
    Minus is Plus
    Plus is Minus ("Less is more" reference)
    Magnet Warrior Omega/Sigma Plus (Plusle only)
    Magnet Warrior Omega/Sigma Minus (Minun only)
    Love these puns for the cheerleader girls.
    But anyway, emolga (Who can be quite a perv in the anime, par with snivy), has given itself the title "Mini Zapdos" due to dual typing synergy.

So I think it can have a nice par with Scyther too. the sub stall works too with lefties if its defensive you want. But Offensive is quite better.
    But I think Pikachu is scarier with the light ball in hand than the eviolite. I saw one battle of shofu using pikachu and sweep like crazy. Too bad he somehow got terminated as of today.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

ESpeed>any of Pikachu's other Normal priority moves. It needs all the power it can get.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Raichu/Pikachu
    Item: Life Orb (Light Ball if Pikachu)
    Rash w/ 168 Attack, 168 Sp Attack, 168 Speed, 6 HP
    Thunder/Volt Tackle
    Brick Break/Focus Blast
    Grass Knot/Iron Tail
    HP (Dark/Fire/Ghost/Flying/Rock)

Partners:
    Soak-users
    Rain Dance-users if Thunder is used.
    Discharge-users if Lightningrod is used.

Countering:
    Ground-types with high Attack and Sp Defense like Garchomp, Gliscor, Swampert, and Flygon.
    Cell Battery-holders with Earthquake like Carracosta, Blastoise, Poliwrath, Gyarados, and Sharpedo.
    Quick Feet/Guts-users
    Limber-users
    Marowak's Bonemerang & Krookodile
    Iron Ball-holders with item-switching moves like:
    Seviper/Arbok with Switharoo & Earthquake/Bulldoze
    Grumpig with Trick & Bulldoze
    Tropius with Bestow & Earthquake

Plusle/Minun
    Item: Wise Specs
    Modest w/ 252 Sp Attack, 130 HP, 128 Speed
    Thunder
    Entrainment
    HP (Fire/Fighting)
    Grass Knot/Signal Beam

Partners:
    Soak-users
    Plus-users like Plusle, Klinklang, and Ampharos.
    Minus-users like Minun, Klinklang, and Manectric.

Countering: Same as Raichu/Pikachu.

Pachirisu
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Item: Muscle Band/Life Orb
    Brave/Naughty w/ 168 Attack, 168 Sp Attack, 168 Speed, 6 HP
    Thunder
    Super Fang
    Rollout/Bite
    Seed Bomb/U-Turn/Gunk Shot

Partners:
    Soak-users
    Discharge-users

Countering: Same as Raichu/Pikachu.

Emolga
    Item: Flying Gem (if Acrobatics)/Life Orb
    Brave/Naughty w/ 168 Attack, 168 Sp Attack, 168 Speed, 6 HP
    Thunder
    Acrobatics/Air Slash/Aerial Ace
    U-Turn/Signal Beam
    HP (Fighting)

Partners:
    Soak-users
    Rain Dance-users
    Discharge-users if Motor Drive is used.

Countering:
    High Attack and Sp Defense, and uses Rock or Ice-type moves like Stone Edge, Smack Down, Rock Wrecker, Rock Slide, and Icicle Crash. Those includes Dragonite, Tyranitar, Swampert, Garchomp, Hydregion, Metagross, Electivire, Gliscor, Flygon, and Haxorus.
    Cell Battery-holders using those moves above like Aerodactyl, Gyarados, Kabutops, Carracosta w/ Solid Rock, Walrein, Simipour, Braviary.
    Guts/Quick Feet-users
    Limber-users
    Gravity-users
    Iron Ball-holders with item-switching moves like:
    Seviper/Arbok with Switharoo & Earthquake/Bulldoze
    Grumpig with Trick & Bulldoze
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 9th August 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Plusle and Minun

Plusle and Minun have been known to be a combo since the 3rd Gen. When in a Doubles together, their abilities boost each other Special Attack, making them very dangerous if used correctly. However, their HP and physical Defenses are rather low, making them easy to KO.

Abilities:
    Plus: When another Pokemon on your field has Minus, Special Attack is boosted by 1.5. Made to go with Minun.
    Minus: When another Pokemon on your field has Plus, Special Attack is boosted by 1.5. Made to go with Plusle.

Positive Spark

- Thunderbolt
    - Discharge
    - Grass Knot
    - Nasty Plot/Agility
    Item: Miracle Seed/Grass Gem
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk); 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spd

Negative Plug

- Thunderbolt
    - Protect
    - Nasty Plot/Agility
    - Baton Pass/Thunder Wave
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Minus
    EVs and Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk); 252 Def/4 SpAtk/252 Spd

To be used in double battles, the only place where their abilities actually do something. Plusle has got higher Special Attack, so it's the main attacker. Thunderbolt for a powerful STAB, and Discharge for a less powerful STAB that hits everything else on the field except your Minun using Protect. Grass Knot covers Ground types, and Plusle's held item boosts the strength of it. The last move is for a stat boosting move. Take your pick. Nasty Plot to double Special Attack, or Agility to double Speed. Minun has the (slightly) higher defenses, so it runs mostly support, with Thunderbolt to use when Taunted and because even if Minun is used for support, its ability still needs to be taken advantage of. Protect, like I already said, protects Minun from Discharge. The third move is for a stat boosting move. Same as Plusle, except if you choose Baton Pass for the last move, it can be passed on to another Pokemon. If you prefer not to use Baton Pass, you can use Thunder Wave instead. Remember, use Plusle and Minun together, or else their abilities, Plus and Minus, won't boost their Special Attack.

Other Options

Volt Switch allows for scouting and getting out of unfavorable situations.
    Thunder on Plusle and Rain Dance on Minun is a possible strategy.
    Swift is notable for being the only never-miss move to hit both opponents in Doubles.
    Entrainment used on a partner by Minun, and then Minun Baton Passing to Plusle can lead to some interesting combinations, especially with Pokemon with bad abilities, like Slaking or Archeops.
    Sweet Kiss confuses a foe, although I would stick with paralyzing with Thunder Wave.
    Wish can be used by Minun to not only Baton Pass stat boosts, but also to recover the HP of the next Pokemon.

Plus, Minus, and Discharge.

Partners

The Klink evolution line can have either ability, Plus or Minus. You can use it to combo with Plusle or Minun. It would be a good option for Minun to pass its boosts with Baton Pass on to Klinklang.

Counters

Since Plusle and Minun are only competitively viable in Doubles, their low physical Defense and Electric typing mean an Earthquake will easily OHKO both of them. A Grass type will resist Electric type moves and Grass Knot, walling the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Airo View Post
    Plusle and Minun

Plusle and Minun have been known to be a combo since the 3rd Gen. When in a Doubles together, their abilities boost each other Special Attack, making them very dangerous if used correctly. However, their HP and physical Defenses are rather low, making them easy to KO.

Abilities:
    Plus: When another Pokemon on your field has Minus, Special Attack is boosted by 1.5. Made to go with Minun.
    Minus: When another Pokemon on your field has Plus, Special Attack is boosted by 1.5. Made to go with Plusle.

Positive Spark

- Thunderbolt
    - Discharge
    - Grass Knot
    - Nasty Plot/Agility
    Item: Miracle Seed/Grass Gem
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk); 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spd

Negative Plug

- Thunderbolt
    - Protect
    - Nasty Plot/Agility
    - Baton Pass/Thunder Wave
    Ability: Minus
    EVs and Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk); 252 Def/4 SpAtk/252 Spd

To be used in double battles, the only place where their abilities actually do something. Plusle has got higher Special Attack, so it's the main attacker. Thunderbolt for a powerful STAB, and Discharge for a less powerful STAB that hits everything else on the field except your Minun using Protect. Grass Knot covers Ground types, and Plusle's held item boosts the strength of it. The last move is for a stat boosting move. Take your pick. Nasty Plot to double Special Attack, or Agility to double Speed. Minun has the (slightly) higher defenses, so it runs mostly support, with Thunderbolt to use when Taunted and because even if Minun is used for support, its ability still needs to be taken advantage of. Protect, like I already said, protects Minun from Discharge. The third move is for a stat boosting move. Same as Plusle, except if you choose Baton Pass for the last move, it can be passed on to another Pokemon. If you prefer not to use Baton Pass, you can use Thunder Wave instead. Remember, use Plusle and Minun together, or else their abilities, Plus and Minus, won't boost their Special Attack.

Other Options

Volt Switch allows for scouting and getting out of unfavorable situations.
    Thunder on Plusle and Rain Dance on Minun is a possible strategy.
    Swift is notable for being the only never-miss move to hit both opponents in Doubles.
    Entrainment used on a partner by Minun, and then Minun Baton Passing to Plusle can lead to some interesting combinations, especially with Pokemon with bad abilities, like Slaking or Archeops.
    Sweet Kiss confuses a foe, although I would stick with paralyzing with Thunder Wave.
    Wish can be used by Minun to not only Baton Pass stat boosts, but also to recover the HP of the next Pokemon.

Plus, Minus, and Discharge.

Partners

The Klink evolution line can have either ability, Plus or Minus. You can use it to combo with Plusle or Minun. It would be a good option for Minun to pass its boosts with Baton Pass on to Klinklang.

Counters

Since Plusle and Minun are only competitively viable in Doubles, their low physical Defense and Electric typing mean an Earthquake will easily OHKO both of them. A Grass type will resist Electric type moves and Grass Knot, walling the two.
    Plusle and Minun can both learn Signal Beam which can take care of Grass types. Then there's also replacing Discharge with something else since both have Thunderbolt litls like a stronger Discharge with no damage to your partner but no support for the turn.
    Edit: Another thing, Plus and Miinus work with Plus or Minus.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 8th August 2012 at 3:45 PM.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

Hello. Today, I will review Pachirisu (Sorry Plusle and Minum, but I have no sets for you guys... But I still love you guys.).

Pachirisu is the defensive one out of the bunch, making it hard to kill sometimes. It even has moves like discharge, charm, and even freegin seed bomb!

"I'll make you go Apricorns!"
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 189 Def, 67 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Moves:
    Thunder Wave/Toxic
    Charm
    Super Fang
    Volt Switch

A good lead, especially if your foe decides to switch into a pokemon or set up.

"The Squirrel Support Co."
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 189 Def, 67 Sp. Def, and 252 Speed
    Item: Balloon
    Moves:
    Helping Hand
    Magnet Rise/Charm/Growl/Light Screen
    Super Fang
    Protect

A defensive and speedy supporter? This guy can do it! Super fang halves HP, making it easy for your partner to KO who ever was bitten. Only use magnet raise if you have an earthquake user with you to avoid earthquakes and have a few turns to boost them with helping hand. You can use Charm to harshly lower one's attack, growl to lower all foe's attack, or light screen to give your team special defense.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

It is funny smogon's only pachirisu utility is playing with items LOL he is actually pretty useless.. I see it in a future gen getting an evolution with better speed and offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Ah. The week of cute Electric-types that come out every generation (where's Ampharos?)

Pikachu
    Pikachu's never been good competitively. GSC gave it the Light Ball, which gives it monstrous offensive power, and went up to UU. However, it fell into obscurity after that. Fifth Generation gave it a small form of salvation in Lightningrod, which acts like Motor Drive, except it boosts the Special Attack stat. However, when you look at the rest of its qualities, you won't find them very appealing. In all, Pikachu requires a reasonable amount of team support to function.
    Abilities
    Static:Don't use this. Pikachu has paper-thin defenses, and the chance isn't even guaranteed.
    Lightningrod: Helps a lot. Gives Pikachu more chances to switch in and get a boost.

Nasty Plot
    Ability: Lightningrod
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Grass Knot / Encore / Substitute
    - Nasty Plot

Standard sweeping set. Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice gets good coverage, especially in NU. Grass Knot hits stuff like Camerupt, Regirock, and Seismitoad harder than any other moves. Encore can force switches, while Substitute prevents revenge killing. Both allow Pikachu to set up Nasty Plot easier.

Other Options
    Pikachu has a usable physical movepool. ExtremeSpeed sounds good on paper, but is illegal with Lightningrod. Volt Tackle is Pikachu's most powerful move, but with its pathetic HP stat, it'll often be a suicide move. Knock Off removes Eviolites, which are popular in NU, but Pikachu usually can't find a space for it. Brick Break and Fake Out round out Pikachu's physical movepool.

Counters
    Pikachu generally falls to priority users and faster threats due to its frailty. That's about all there is to know. Gurdurr, Scarfers, Swellow to name a few.
    Last edited by MatchMaster; 8th August 2012 at 5:23 PM.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Emolga, the flying squirrel pokemon. Of course everyone knows it can't actually fly, but it seems right for it to have its flying type. At first glance, all i see is the face of Pikachu, but with a strange mutation. Aside from Stunfisk, Emolga is the other derp pokemon that really makes me want to explode, and I really want to know, "Whose bright idea was this?!!!" Like wise to Pachirisu, it has horrible stats, except for it's decent speed. The only set worth using would be its baton passing set.

Emolga the Olympian
    Ability: Motor Drive / Static
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Spec. or regular Defense / 4 HP
    Baton Pass
    Substitute
    Agility/Charge Beam
    Taunt/Thunder Wave/Encore

It may be fast, but is doesn't have much to Baton Pass. Recommended to have Agility, or you could count on the boosts from a Charge Beam. The final slot is just a troll move, which could also be replaced with the move tutor's move, Roost.

Counters for any Emolga: Anything that can survive a small hit and has moves to take down this frail rat

I need people for Friend Safari
    2DS friend code (Pokemon Y): 5000-2976-5362
    Send a private message my way if you add me.

Spoiler:- Previous In-Game Teams:

Raining on Your Parade

Pachirisu@Air Balloon/Damp Rock/Light Clay
    Volt Absorb - Calm Nature
    252 HP/252 Sp.Def/4 Spe
    -Rain Dance/Light Screen
    -Thunder/Thunderbolt
    -Super Fang
    -Helping Hand/Follow Me/Protect

A Pachirsu set made for Doubles, specifically Rain teams. Pachirisu doesn't have much, except for some very decent Sp.Def which allows it to do some supporting and tanking special hits. Rain Dance is if you really want to leave Pachirisu the job of getting your rain up, or Light Screen to buffer your team's Sp.Def further. Respectively, Pachirisu should be holding a Damp Rock or Light Clay for those moves. Your choice of offense is Thunder, which is powerful and will cause paralysis quite often and is more accurate in Rain, or the simple and accurate Thunderbolt to use. There's no such thing as a Pachirisu set without Super Fang, which can make all the difference in Doubles, guaranteed to weaken an opponent. The last slot is how you want Pachirisu to stand out in Doubles. Black 2 and White 2 gave it Helping Hand, which any Doubles regular knows its value. Follow Me can redirect some painful moves from your opponent that you'd rather let Pachirisu take. Because of his new ability Volt Absorb, the two moves are very valid, if your teammate likes to spam Discharge, or if they're extremely susceptible to Electric type moves like Gyarados. And lastly, Protect for the sake of protection. Better safe than sorry. Air Balloon can evade fatal Earthquakes, and is an effective scouting item when used with Protect, to see what else they can hit you with if not Ground moves.

Pachirisu @ Leftovers/Air balloon
    Timid Nature
    EV: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.At
    -Thunder wave
    -Super Fang
    -Swagger
    -Volt Switch

No really-Super Fang is the only move pachy can do real damage to its foes. In the meantime, this makes pachy the supporter of the team, using thunderwave to slow down foes and swagger to make it haxy. With the attack raised from swagger, confusion damage will help pachy alot. And switching the foe out means pachy and superfang or T-wave another pokemon. Volt switch is to put even a bit of dent which pachy switches out.

Oh, and a reminder to all of you out there regarding plusle and minun; their abilities can work with another pokemon with the exactly same ability (like pairing a plus pokemon with another plus pokemon)
    Last edited by pikadon92; 8th August 2012 at 5:09 AM.

You guys know the best way to counter emolga, pachirisu, plusle, &the minun? Calm mind espeon does well...or diglett...or any ground type who doesen't mind carrying a rock type move...or a phazer...or just pick up a rock and throw it. 5 times out pf 6, you'll score a ko

Emolga

Pokemon is plagued with electricity mouses. 1st Gen brought us the world renowned Pikachu, as well as Raichu. 2nd gen gave us pichu, who let its evolution get nasty plot. 3rd gen brings the duo-cheering mouse and 4th gen gave us an elesquirrel. 5th gen, lastly, brings us emolga. Emolga is, unlike the other mouses, immune to earthquake, and has a side typing, flying. Emolga has high speed, average special attack, slightly below average defense and special defenses. It's not a force to be reckoned with though, Emolga can run a few sets too!

Making me EMO
    - Thunder Wave
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power (Fighting)
    - Thunderbolt/Thunder/Volt Switch/U-turn/Swagger
    Ability: Motor Drive
    EV: 252 Speed/ 252 Defense (or sp.)/ 4 sp. def (or def)
    Hold Item: Razor Fang
    Nature: Timid (+spd -Atk)

Have you ever been so annoyed that you want to break your DS and roast your cartridge over a fire? This set can potentially annoying. Although Emolga is no Togekiss, Air Slash with Thunder Wave combined can potential causes to roasted cartridges. Hidden Power <Fighting> sweep through the rock and ice clean. Thunderbolt and Thunder are for sweeping goodies. Volt Switch is more recommended than U-turn. You can run Swagger* for confusion, but you're still frail. Wanna be more destructive? Razor Fang will come in handy

Emolga don't need Light Ball

- Electro Ball
    - Roost
    - Tailwind/ Agility
    - Air Slash/ Hidden Power <Fighting>
    Ability: Motor Drive
    EV: 252 sp. Atk/ 252 spd/4 def (or sp.def)
    Hold item: Leftover
    Nature: Timid (+spd, -Atk)

This set is based on Electro Ball, which depends on the users speed. Tailwind lasts for 4 rounds but adds speed to the party , while Agility lasts for... Air Slash or Hidden Power <Fighting>, your choice really. Roost is your typical recovery skill, that lets you live for a bit more while. You should also switch in to an electric type attack, giving you a speed boost and a electro ball damage boost.

Countering Emolga

Stealth Rock
    can ruin Emolga really badly, since it has a weakness to rock, due to its flying typing. Golurk, can om-nom everything Emolga has to offer. Golem can take all this mouse has to offer, resist to flying,immune to electric. Just gotta watch out for HP fighting. Electric types can soak up its flying/electric attack. Camerupt gets an honorable mention.
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 9th August 2012 at 5:56 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Unlike the other Theme Pokemon of the Week, Emolga has a glaring weakness to Stealth Rock. However, Base 103 Speed puts it in a special position for offense, especially with Motor Drive. In Multi, Discharge can ramp up its Great Speed and it can pull off Status Effects as well as Physical, Special, or Mixed offense. The main issue is the Barely-Below-Average Base offensive Stats, Below-Average defenses, and Bad HP.

Speed is just one asset and no Pokemon worth that amount of Speed would do well without being able to punch big holes in an opponent or cause havoc with a larger variety of Status Effects. Emolga lacks in both offense and annoyance factor - Ground/Steel, Rock/Ground, and Electric/Steel dual Types wall it like nobody's business without a proper Hidden Power. Overall, Emolga is an example of the fact that Speed isn't everything...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Lemme take a Pikachu!

Well, this cheese electric mouse nuclear fusion sets it apart from other NFE IIRC, mostly due to having an item increasing its sp attack higher than Raichu. However, it has pathetic defenses making it vulnerable to about anything, at least GF gave it interesting moves like Surf, ExtremeSpeed, and even Fly Although not recommended, Sing could be used on Raichu for more support. Overall, it isn't hard to take out.

Pichu gets nasty

Item- life orb
    Abilty-LightningRod
    Nasty Plot
    Encore/signal beam/hidden power ice
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Grass/grass knot

Pichu's choice
    item-choice band
    Abilty-static/lightning rod
    Volt tackle/thunder punch
    Iron tail/ toxic
    Reversal/toxic
    Return

Hers two sets for pichu in little cup.Apparently they work decently.

Electric rodent week... Or should I say Electrik roden WEAK!! Seiously though the electric rodents are not that threatening pokemon barring raichu but even this pokemon struggles to make some impact on the competitive metagame because it lacks defensive prowess and a major raw power!

If I had to group these pokemon from the strongest to the weakest it would be Raichu>Pikachu>Emolga>Plusle>Minun>Pachirisu.

Pikachu and raichu are pokemon linked in evolution, despite pikachu is raichu's pre evolved form, it boasts much more power than raichu does due to it's signature item LIGHT BALL! With this item in hand, pikachu can use it's already decent speed to try to sweep with huge attacking power! What holds pikachu back is it's awful defenses (I mean what hit can a pikachu survive with 35/30/40 defenses?!) that kills it even from a resisted hits coming from a decently strong opponent. In the end, pikachu is playing in NU with some reasonably strong pokemon in this tier! Another downfall for pikachu is that it have to hold it's light ball to become viable competitively which means it cannot hold any other item notably the focus sash that might let pikachu serves a supportive role for it's team! These shortcomings force pikachu to rely on the power granted by light ball to make some damage and cannot try to do anything else for it's else, making It's older brother raichu a much more versatile pokemon to use in a team! Raichu boasts decent attacking power and can be a decent mixed electric type attacker something not a lot of electric typed pokemon can do! Defensively, Raichu is not that sturdy, but since its hands are free, a focus sash is a good item to be held by raichu that saves him from a OHKO move unlike pikachu! Raichu has a good speed too allowing it to outrun a lot of pokemon to do reasonable damage. Both pikachu and raichu have access to a very good movepool but only raichu can use successfully the supportive moves as pikachu will surely die if it doesn't kill instantly the opponent's pokemon! They both were granted with a very good ability from the DW! Lightningrod makes it easier for pikachu to switch in and the boost will be huge while it can make raichu a very potent special sweeper as a good option in doubles or triples with air balloon! All in all Raichu is a much more reliable pokemon to use in a team than pikachu but the latter hides crazy power that only the light ball can unlock that have the potential to devastate opponent's team!

Emolga is an annoyer, spreading paralysis and volt switch away! With 75/75/103 attacking stats doesn't put it between the strongest of the electric pokemon and 55/60/60 defenses are also so frail that it can't handle a hit! What makes it usable is it's great speed and the combo of motor drive/Baton pass and a grouping of disruptive moves notably taunt, encore, thunder wave or Volt switch. Emolga's good traits are rare actually except it's high cuteness but it is a pokemon with a small niche that won't have much trouble to incapacitate a pokemon while grabbing a speed boost from an electric type attack and maybe encoring it (Emolga's speed is enough to pull this off) than passing the speed boost to a more potent sweeper! Roost is a thing that sets emolga apart from the other electric rodents but is rather unappealing seeing emolga's bulk is so frail that roost is not worth a move slot most of the time! Emolga is a pokemon with a duty and is decent at it!

Plusle and minun are fairly useless in single battles being only usable in baton pass chains with nasty plot. In doubles and triples however, their usability is much more appreciated since their plus and minus ability kicks in and give them the possibility to do massive damage alongside nasty plot! Plusle is more ATT inclined while minun is the defender from the duo! Since plusle benefits more from plus and can do more damage to the opponent. Minun on the other hand don't get a boost on Sp DEF and since it is fairly weak defensively it doesn't take the most benefit from it's ability, that's why I say plusle is slightly better than minun. (Although minun is a better baton passer but not by that much!!).

Finally, comes pachirisu, the poor guy! While it has better defenses than minun, it doesn't have any attacking presence beside Super fang which is a cool move that always half the opponent's pokemon HP! This means that pachirisu have to rely on it's supportive/disruptive role to be effective. With a decent speed, pachirisu can be an effective status spreader with sweet kiss, toxic, thunder wave... Unfortunately, It lacks some key moves that would otherwise make it better like taunt or baton pass. Nevertheless, pachirisu can work well with what it has, but there is almost always a better pokemon at what it does!

Nasty Plot chu
    Pikachu @ Light Ball
    EV's: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    Nature: Modest or Timid
    Moves:
    Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    HP Ice
    Sub/Encore/Grass Knot

Nasty Plot for the boost, and then TBolt and HP Ice for the BoltBeam coverage. Sub for blocking status, Encore for an easy time setting up, and Grass Knot for any Quagsires and others.

Pichu@Choice Specs
    EV's: 116 HP/196 SAtk/196 Spe
    Nature: Modest
    Moves:
    TBolt
    HP Ice
    Signal Beam
    Volt Switch

A Specs set. TBolt and HP Ice for BoltBeam, Signal Beam is filler, Volt Switch to get out of an anticipated switch.
    Last edited by Pika ruler; 10th August 2012 at 4:41 AM.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/10ws194.gif[/IMG]

PO name: [TEG]Pika ruler
    PS name: Pika ruler

Spoiler:- Credit:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast