Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ♪ Cooking is so fann ♪

Default ♪ Cooking is so fann ♪

Does anyone else here cook or bake stuff? Toast counts if it's like really good toast. Please share experiences, recipes, etc.

I have been copiously complimented on my pesto and my baklava. And I usually try to help out in making dinner. Mushrooms with vermouth, man 0.0

I cook most nights as I work at an Italian restaurant :P

But yeah I enjoy cooking a lot, especially at home by myself. After you've worked in a place like that where you're doing about 100 things at once and everyone is yelling, (not to mention the heat.) It's so relaxing just to go in the kitchen and cook a meal for yourself.

I like cooking but for 85 percent just cooking toast
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    I cook most nights as I work at an Italian restaurant :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmYkUEnIzYY
    I had to :P

I cook waffles
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

Apparently my crystal methamphetamine is pretty good. I literally have people knocking on my door to get some.

pock pock pock

Eh, if I REALLY need to, I will. Except pasta and rice. Not entirely sure how often to stir and whatever. And I hate using the stove. Lucky for me my lover enjoys it more than me. ^-^

I cook really good breakfasts, all homemade. French toast, pancakes, waffles, and eggs, especially omelettes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyMcSpendMoneyLol View Post
    i am new here
    any fun things to do on this website? thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyMcSpendMoneyLol View Post
    i am leaving too boring omg im going back to snapchat

I can only cook simple stuff I rather be the one who eats the food XD nya~

I can cook beef and rice, mac and cheese, and some soups. I can cook alright but I usually mess one thing up, ruining the entire meal. I can of course make a mean BLT. I can do pasta a little. I always ruin roasts... I whipped up several sandwich platters for church once. I guess sandwiches arent exactly 'cooking' though.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

hmm well all i can really do is make bacon XD my family says I "make awesome bacon" so....XD

FC:1891-1694-6992

I can make toast.

And hard boiled eggs.

That's about it.
    f.k.a. Nar_

Hmm. I prefer not to cook, but I usually have to, because we all make our own dinners. I tend to stay away from Chicken/Turkey, but I make any pasta, Pork, Beef, Stir-Fry's, ANYTHING instant, soups, and almost any kind of breakfast food.

The goats are wise! Eat everything, climb everything. And if something kicks you, kick it back!
    Tumblr | Reborn | League

Quote Originally Posted by YaDunGoofed View Post
    Except pasta and rice. Not entirely sure how often to stir and whatever.
    For pasta, add around a Tbsp of salt to a pot of boiling water, put in the pasta, stir it for a few seconds, and leave it uncovered for the time on the package. For rice, boil 2 cups water per 1 cup rice. Add a little salt, butter if you want, and the rice, then turn the flame down really low and let it cook that way 20 minutes.

Lot of stir-fried vegetables, though I'm really good with just cooking green beans apparently. Boil in salt water for a little, throw it in ice water, heat oil in wok, add about two cloves of garlic and some grated ginger, throw in green beans, add a little sesame oil and oyster sauce, add a little water to de-glaze, and done.

I also do a lot of other cooking as well as grilling and baking, my most recent accomplishment is a souffle, which my dad said it gave him a lot of energy, instead of running about three miles normally, he ran 8 after eating two souffles.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I often make soups from scratch... take some beef broth, put in some chopped celery, potatoes, carrots, meat (ground beef, steak strips, canned meat but preferably not, whatever needs to go now), mushrooms, onion, etc.

I also improve leftovers by means of butter (or canola oil) and a frying pan.
    Got leftover spaghetti? Put the noodles on the pan until they crisp, then put the sauce on too.
    Pizza? Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then fry the crust.
    Rice? Same, but it takes a while for this.

And that's probably it leftover-wise, but this is also the best way to cook an Eggo waffle (butter is mandatory for this, no oil).

Finally, I don't suppose any of you have tried this, but dandelion roots aren't bad. They're like a cross between green beans and carrots taste-wise. Pretty good in a stir-fry.
    You have to pick them in season, though, which is before the flower stalks sprout.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    Finally, I don't suppose any of you have tried this, but dandelion roots aren't bad. They're like a cross between green beans and carrots taste-wise. Pretty good in a stir-fry.
    You have to pick them in season, though, which is before the flower stalks sprout.
    Try eating ferns, not bad if you cook them just right.

Also, what's the freakiest thing you have eaten? For me, Fugu.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Not really cooking, but I make parfaits. (:

...I wish I could cook.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I can't cook either, unless you call spaghetti a 5 star dish

neujjin anatdago maraejullae
    butakhae han beonman deo gihoereul jullae

I can cook pasta and noodles. I'm still trying to learn the others.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I love cooking but I'm often don't have the time (read: too lazy) to cook proper things......I usually end up just cooking some kind of pasta dish and throwing whatever I feel like eating in it and then putting cheese on top of everything. But my favourite things to cook when I do cook are are:

Mushroom and Lentil Au Gratin
    Carrot Slices (not just slices of carrot, more like savoury flapjacks with carrot, oats and cheese)
    Lasagne
    Cakes
    Pasta with a whte sauce (normally tagliatelle with bacon, smoked salmon and/or asparagus and I add some cayenne pepper to the sauce)

I love Veggie Mousaka but I can't cook it for s***. : (

EDIT: Skyler you make Baklava? Man they are sooooo good. I also like a good Borek. *licks lips*
    SIGNATURE OUT OF DATE Whoops~ :P

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:

I only cook vegetarian dishes. Partially because I don't like meat, and partially because not cooking it for the right amount of time can give you food poisoning. Other than that cooking is really easy, I look up a recipe, follow the directions, and I am done. Sometimes I have to use my judgement to alter a recipe, but it usually turns out okay, even if I have to make changes.

My only difficulty is getting stuff in a pan to fully cook, I have difficulty getting vegetables to soften and the last time i cooked tofu it just wouldn't cook. (I apparently wasn't the only one who had difficulty with that kind of tofu either, it's apparently really difficult to get the texture to change.)

Baking is really easy however, once you mix the stuff together the oven does all the work.

Watch me tumble stuff:http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/
    My terrible music: https://soundcloud.com/zazie-ayesha-mckenzie
    comic by the band Epsilon Minus

I'm slowly learning how to cook, but I sadly don't make myself try unless I really need to, and I'm half-expecting Mom to force me into the kitchen to learn some recipes any day now. I can fix up rice pretty good, which I felt was an accomplishment for me when I went ahead to make myself rice for stew (stew and rice is a good combination, though my aunt is convinced I came up with the combination when my mom did it years ago), and I can fix up macaroni and cheese, so... yeah XD.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Also, what's the freakiest thing you have eaten? For me, Fugu.
    What's Fugu? o.0 I don't really eat that much freaky food. I guess... Octopus? Oh and I LOVE freshwater eel sushi, but I guess that's not too strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    I only cook vegetarian dishes. Partially because I don't like meat, and partially because not cooking it for the right amount of time can give you food poisoning.
    Me too, except I just don't cook chicken. I cook beef on occasion and fish a lot, though.

I can cook pretty well. For day to day cooking I do soups, stews, casseroles, and occasionally roasting meats. This summer I've tried grilling which is pretty nice for turning out flavorful meat. You just can't eat it regularly. Meanwhile I continue to find new ways to cook potatoes because they're only $2 a bag and can go with just about anything.

I haven't started baking from scratch until recently. The last two years or so. I learned to make bread, rolls, cinnamon rolls, and muffins from scratch. Baking from scratch is a bit labor intensive, but working that hard just makes the end result taste better.

Also, what's the freakiest thing you have eaten?
    Kangaroo meat.
    Last edited by An00bis; 6th August 2012 at 4:13 PM.

Kangaroo meat
    How different did that taste than, say, beef?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast