Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Cheating on your partner.. is it as wrong as people make it out to be

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    does cheating involve guilt? what if you have no feeling of guilt, did you still cheat? what if you have no feelings of hurt or betrayal, did you still get cheated on?

B
    Cheating isn't defined by guilt; it's defined by consent. If you and your partner did not consent to being able to be with other people, but one of you saw someone else anyway, then you are breaking your agreement and, by definition, cheating. Whether or not either partner feels X emotion affects only how badly they may be hurt as a result. If you tell your partner not to cheat, but they do it anyway and you don't really care, it doesn't change the fact that they cheated.

~Psychic

does cheating involve guilt? what if you have no feeling of guilt, did you still cheat? what if you have no feelings of hurt or betrayal, did you still get cheated on?
    If you kill someone, but you don't fell guilty about it; did you really kill them?

I think people who get into relationships need to have a punitive damage clause. Say for example the person who cheated loses an arm. This type of thing would probably only be practical for marriages though.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

If you feel the need to cheat at all, then what is reason is there to not just end the relationship right there? You're obviously not going to be happy with them from that point on, so why keep it going? And yes of course it's wrong.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    If you feel the need to cheat at all, then what is reason is there to not just end the relationship right there? You're obviously not going to be happy with them from that point on, so why keep it going? And yes of course it's wrong.
    This is not completely true. You could have the impulse to cheat because of some neglected need in your relationship. In a mature adult relationship the person that has that desire would bring it to the attention of their partner and they would work on it together.

I get urgers/feelings to punch people in the face, that doesnt mean i need to seek therapy or have anger issues (it could, but for me specifically it doesn't). I don't punch people and instead take out my frustration in a mature adult way.

The feeling or need to cheat can almost be equated with the proverbial "calm before the storm". It is a warning and you have two choices. Recognizing them and having the forethought to understand them and bring them to your partners attention is what should be done, or you could act on them...

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Because lust and love are different. You might greatly enjoy living together with a specific person, but that does not mean that you will enjoy having intercourse with it (compare with relationship to parents). The reverse is true too.

Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I think people who get into relationships need to have a punitive damage clause. Say for example the person who cheated loses an arm. This type of thing would probably only be practical for marriages though.
    There is something clearly wrong with your line of thinking. First you say anyone who cheats should be killed. Now, marriages should have a damage clause? Seriously? You really think people should receive bodily harm or forfeit their right to live for cheating? None of those at all are appropriate "punishments" for cheating. Why can't you just leave the person? Is that not an option in your mind?

If you kill someone, but you don't fell guilty about it; did you really kill them?

That already exists but most people call domestic violence...and it is frowned upon (to put it lightly)

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    There is something clearly wrong with your line of thinking. First you say anyone who cheats should be killed. Now, marriages should have a damage clause? Seriously? You really think people should receive bodily harm or forfeit their right to live for cheating? None of those at all are appropriate "punishments" for cheating. Why can't you just leave the person? Is that not an option in your mind?
    Like Jb said, just leave them. Domestic violence isn't a laughing matter or something to be taken lightly.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

That already exists but most people call domestic violence...and it is frowned upon (to put it lightly)

Like Jb said, just leave them. Domestic violence isn't a laughing matter or something to be taken lightly.

B
    I wasn't talking about domestic violence. I'm talking about something legal where the punishment would come from the law and not the spouse.

Punitive marriage clauses can only increase the worth of the marriage. They should be strictly optional for people who feel like they deserve to not be cheated on.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Punitive marriage clauses can only increase the worth of the marriage. They should be strictly optional for people who feel like they deserve to not be cheated on.
    No, not at all. The only thing that can increase the worth in a marriage is how much each person puts into it. No one feels like they deserves to be cheated on so both parties would assume neither would do it. There's no need for that clause. If one cheats, leave them. Simple as that. It's not worth cutting off their arm or some other idiotic measure to stay faithful to someone you clearly don't have feelings for anymore. A clause like that is bordering insanity, even if both parties consented.

I wasn't talking about domestic violence. I'm talking about something legal where the punishment would come from the law and not the spouse.
    That is insane. That is **** they did 100's of years ago to cheating spouses. I would like to think that society has advanced enough past that. Plus it gets the government involved even more in our private lives, which I am not a fan of.

No, not at all. The only thing that can increase the worth in a marriage is how much each person puts into it. No one feels like they deserves to be cheated on so both parties would assume neither would do it. There's no need for that clause. If one cheats, leave them. Simple as that. It's not worth cutting off their arm or some other idiotic measure to stay faithful to someone you clearly don't have feelings for anymore. A clause like that is bordering insanity, even if both parties consented.
    agreed!

B

That is insane. That is **** they did 100's of years ago to cheating spouses. I would like to think that society has advanced enough past that. Plus it gets the government involved even more in our private lives, which I am not a fan of.
    Well, it would be the couple's own choice if they want the government to punish them if one of them cheated.
    Jackpot!

Well, it would be the couple's own choice if they want the government to punish them if one of them cheated.
    If this is the case, then they shouldn't be a couple in the first place. Anyone who needs a clause like that during marriage clearly doesn't trust their partner, or self very well. That shouldn't be getting married anyway.

If this is the case, then they shouldn't be a couple in the first place. Anyone who needs a clause like that during marriage clearly doesn't trust their partner, or self very well. That shouldn't be getting married anyway.
    If you trusted your partner and yourself there would be no reason not to get the clause.
    Jackpot!

If you trusted your partner and yourself there would be no reason not to get the clause.
    No, its the other way around. If you trusted your partner then you should have no need for any kind of clause like that.

The same can be said about a prenup, if you trust your partner and have faith in your relationship, than you have no need for one.

B

No, its the other way around. If you trusted your partner then you should have no need for any kind of clause like that.

The same can be said about a prenup, if you trust your partner and have faith in your relationship, than you have no need for one.

B
    Not getting a prenup is idiotic thoiugh. It's like not getting insurance.
    Jackpot!

Not getting a prenup is idiotic thoiugh. It's like not getting insurance.
    it is also starting your marriage off by saying "hey, when this thing goes wrong, i want to make sure my **** is still mine"

B

it is also starting your marriage off by saying "hey, when this thing goes wrong, i want to make sure my **** is still mine"

B
    And while you didn't you lose half your money and the custody of your kinds, and guese what you also have to pay your ex money!
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    And while you didn't you lose half your money and the custody of your kinds, and guese what you also have to pay your ex money!
    My point is, it seems like you are setting the marriage up for failure and already expecting it to go wrong. call me old fashioned i guess

B

Well statistically speaking, you'd be dumb not to get a pre-nup. That idea is only old-fashioned because divorce was literally a sin.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    Well statistically speaking, you'd be dumb not to get a pre-nup. That idea is only old-fashioned because divorce was literally a sin.
    If divorce was once a sin, it will always be a sin. I'm just glad that BJPalmer compared my idea with a prenup.
    Jackpot!

If divorce was once a sin, it will always be a sin. I'm just glad that BJPalmer compared my idea with a prenup.
    It's not a sin in England. That changed when England left the catholic church.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's not a sin in England. That changed when England left the catholic church.
    People can't all willy nilly change what their religion says.
    Jackpot!

People can't all willy nilly change what their religion says.
    That English king seemed to manage quite fine.

Can we not argue about this side thing and just understand that I used sin as a cultural thing
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    Can we not argue about this side thing and just understand that I used sin as a cultural thing
    Well you referenced anything relevant to religion on the internet. That was pretty much the end of any of any decent conversation ever.

Oh hi Bri, I didn't know you had an account on serebii.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast