Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating on your partner.. is it as wrong as people make it out to be

That's something debatable and dependent on the partner. Some people will go once, others will give them a chance to regret it. Neither is really right or wrong. Some people feel like you should only get one chance of betrayal. Others believe it's more.

I'll admit that I think you should only get one chance (I honestly believe there's a rare occassion that betrayal should even ever happen by "accident"), but feelings of course tainted my opinion on this.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I do want to say one thing though; those who say "I'll leave if they cheat on me once"

don't you think your being a little too hard here? Something I've noticed when reading the thread again.
    Um no. Sorry I'm not an easy forgiving person who let's someone walk all over me.

If my guy cheats on me.. it's done, over, gone. I could not go through that pain and then simply shrug it off and trust him ever again. People are aware when they cheat. They know how they would feel if the other partner was to cheat on them ..yet they don't give two shits and they go ahead and **** some random chick or guy. Why? Because they are selfish and want sex. They want more sex and love and attraction.

Sorry but if you really love someone, you need to be able to care about their feelings. If you just disregard them for the night/day because you're horny and they're not there at the time.. then you're slum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Um no. Sorry I'm not an easy forgiving person who let's someone walk all over me.

If my guy cheats on me.. it's done, over, gone. I could not go through that pain and then simply shrug it off and trust him ever again. People are aware when they cheat. They know how they would feel if the other partner was to cheat on them ..yet they don't give two shits and they go ahead and **** some random chick or guy. Why? Because they are selfish and want sex. They want more sex and love and attraction.
    Kind of agreed with your sentiment up under the bolded sentence. Yes not putting out can have an effect on it, but the reality is if they are willing to break their pact of loyalty just because someone else offers them sex, there is something else missing from the relationship that needs to be talked about or resolved. If they cheat they were only in the relationship for the perks anyways so I tell people if they are thinking of cheating on someone they should break up with them or talk their issue out.

Unfortunately in the modern day real world, and the way romance works, sex is the glue of most relationships. Hell half of the reason people even look for love in this cold world is to fill a void in their life and their "needs".

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

Yeah this day in age is pretty lame. People just don't even care nowadays. It's like "oh everyone is cheating on each other.. I guess it's perfectly fine now!" Like everyone is doing it. I still think it's disgusting.

Love isn't just about sex.. people have to understand that. I mean obviously there needs to be sex at some point and sometimes, but to be like "oh my girlfriend won't have sex with me every single day WHAAAAA" Not everyone's mind is fixed on SEX. I don't see why people can't just masturbate if they're that horny. Still feels good, lol.

Yeah this day in age is pretty lame. People just don't even care nowadays. It's like "oh everyone is cheating on each other.. I guess it's perfectly fine now!" Like everyone is doing it. I still think it's disgusting.

Love isn't just about sex.. people have to understand that. I mean obviously there needs to be sex at some point and sometimes, but to be like "oh my girlfriend won't have sex with me every single day WHAAAAA" Not everyone's mind is fixed on SEX. I don't see why people can't just masturbate if they're that horny. Still feels good, lol.
    I think there is more to it than that. The reality is in this age of information and judgement based completely on class and shallow glances, people struggling to make a living, and just all the other issues we go through in our life, people have just become bitter and romance is more of patchwork. (At least here in America) I am enjoying being single because I realize any woman I am with now is just going to be a complete tool. I hate the inhibition, especially when I am working towards my own ambitions.

I'm quite shocked to see this side of Mandi. :P
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    I'm quite shocked to see this side of Mandi. :P
    LOL. Times change.
    I'm quite shocked myself tbh.

In almost every religion it's a sin, so yes it is as wrong as people make it out to be. If you think it is really wrong then you've never cheated or you've been cheated on, if you think it isn't that bad then you have cheated on someone before.

Lol I'm not even religious. I just think simply the pain it causes makes it wrong. And the fact that you're committed to loving your partner, and only your partner. Heartbreak is one of the most difficult pains out there. When me and my boyfriend have a huge fight, I can literally feel my heart getting stabbed. Not literally, but the pain is right there. So I'd imagine cheating would kill me.

I think these days, it's so different, and the word 'love' and being 'in love' are so confused with each other. I've never cheated. If I ever did, you can call me a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by dd1zzle View Post
    In almost every religion it's a sin, so yes it is as wrong as people make it out to be. If you think it is really wrong then you've never cheated or you've been cheated on, if you think it isn't that bad then you have cheated on someone before.
    Religion also thinks homosexuality is wrong. That is a terrible argument.

are you implying that *I* am?
    岩根雅明=♡

are you implying that *I* am?
    Wild INSECURITY appeared!

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    Wild INSECURITY appeared!
    Hey just because I thought someone was implying that I was something doesn't mean I'm insecure lol

I only asked because of my past conversation here about being forgiving.
    岩根雅明=♡

Well you are the same girl that thinks if your boyfriend cheat on you, it's your fault and something you did to cause him to.. so eh, maybe? ;]

I do want to say one thing though; those who say "I'll leave if they cheat on me once"

don't you think your being a little too hard here? Something I've noticed when reading the thread again.
    I don't think it's being too harsh at all. I don't care if it's an "accident" or not. I expect my partner to be a mature, responsible adult. Getting "too drunk" to know what you're doing is not an excuse. It shows me you're not being responsible and knowing your limits with alcohol. "He/She came onto me" isn't an excuse either. I honestly can't think of a single excuse (other than rape, which obviously wouldn't be cheating) that would make it okay. I'm a very forgiving person (sometimes too forgiving) but sex for me means I love and trust that person completely. If they break that trust, there are no second chances. If you can't be a mature, responsible adult, you don't need to be in a mature, responsible relationship with me. If they want to go out and get shitfaced and fool around with strangers, that's their business (and if they're single, that's fine if that's what they want to do), but I won't have anything to do with it. That's for sure.

I'm not sure all adults can be completely mature. Maybe the immature adults can pair off together and let the mature adults find other mature adults to live up to their standards.

The only time I ever did something close to cheating, I was barely a teenager, and it was because I thought the girl I liked was too young to have a relationship with. My feelings for her prevented me from dating anyone else, but she found out I was entertaining the thought, and called it cheating. If we had both been adults, I would be on Pesky Persian's side and say I was in the wrong. But we were both pretty young.

Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

No one's totally mature all the time. It's fine to be immature at times. But that's just the thing; there's a time and place for everything. As an adult, you have to take responsibility for your own actions. If you can't keep yourself in check around other people, I'm not going to bother with you. Simple as that. Maybe that's bitchy of me, but if you're not responsible enough to handle being in a mutually exclusive relationship, you have no business being with me. I don't think that's too much to ask of someone. Being in a long-distance relationship, I have people ask me all the time how I know my boyfriend isn't cheating on me (that's an incredibly rude question to ask, by the way) and it's simple: we trust each other and we know each other. Not that it really matters how far away he is from me. Anyone who wants to cheat can find a way to do so. My cousin was cheated on by a guy she spent literally every day with. It took her a long time to recover from that. It's inexcusable and unacceptable to do that to someone, regardless of whether it was "accidental" (which I think is 99.9% bullshit) or not.

Yeah you are right and the accidental thing isn't really excusable, but for some reason, I believe in second chances. I know a person can change but I can't wrap my head around the though of someone only doing it *once* and never doing it again and you brush them off like they are a scumbag. If you were like really gorgeous and can get anyone in like 2 minutes like the song to the left to the left, then I can reason with you but until then... not really.
    岩根雅明=♡

Yeah you are right and the accidental thing isn't really excusable, but for some reason, I believe in second chances. I know a person can change but I can't wrap my head around the though of someone only doing it *once* and never doing it again and you brush them off like they are a scumbag.
    If you cheat on your partner, you are, in fact, a scumbag and you deserve to be dumped. It should never happen, not even once.

If you were like really gorgeous and can get anyone in like 2 minutes like the song to the left to the left, then I can reason with you but until then... not really.
    This is a sad way of thinking. So you should only dump a guy who treats you terribly (and cheating on someone is treating them terribly because you clearly don't care enough about them to keep it in your pants) if you're hot and can move onto the next douchebag? I am by no means "gorgeous" but I will not stand for a man disrespecting me (and cheating is one of the most disrespectful things you can do to your partner). I allowed it once (disrespect, not cheating) and I will never let it happen again. No man has the right to decide if I'm important or not. Relying on someone else to make you feel validated and important is unhealthy. I would live my life as a lonely hermit with ten cats before I allow myself to stoop to the level of staying with a cheater because I have such low self-esteem that I don't think I can get anyone else. I have low self-esteem a lot of the time, but I'm not stupid and I will never let a man make me feel worthless just because I don't think I can get anyone else. It's a terrible way to live your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    If you cheat on your partner, you are, in fact, a scumbag and you deserve to be dumped. It should never happen, not even once.
    That's you, I respect that. I respect opinions. I just do not think that way at all, and that should be okay as well.

This is a sad way of thinking. So you should only dump a guy who treats you terribly (and cheating on someone is treating them terribly because you clearly don't care enough about them to keep it in your pants) if you're hot and can move onto the next douchebag? I am by no means "gorgeous" but I will not stand for a man disrespecting me (and cheating is one of the most disrespectful things you can do to your partner). I allowed it once (disrespect, not cheating) and I will never let it happen again. No man has the right to decide if I'm important or not. Relying on someone else to make you feel validated and important is unhealthy. I would live my life as a lonely hermit with ten cats before I allow myself to stoop to the level of staying with a cheater because I have such low self-esteem that I don't think I can get anyone else. I have low self-esteem a lot of the time, but I'm not stupid and I will never let a man make me feel worthless just because I don't think I can get anyone else. It's a terrible way to live your life.
    Oh no I wasn't saying that. I was trying to say that most people underestimate their partner's actions. I mean you might find someone else better but in reality, no one is going to be like the person you were with. I have a partner like you guys and seeing how *hard* it is these days for a girl like myself to even get a guy to talk to her, I know that I'll never find someone like him. Do you get what I am trying to say?
    岩根雅明=♡

That's you, I respect that. I respect opinions. I just do not think that way at all, and that should be okay as well.
    It's not really any of my business how other people live their lives. If people want to forgive their partners for cheating, that's their business. It's just not something I will ever put up with. I realize a lot of people don't take sex very seriously anymore (and that's fine for them) but it's not something I just "give away" to anybody and I expect my partner to feel the same way (I was lucky to find someone who does). That's just the way I am.

Oh no I wasn't saying that. I was trying to say that most people underestimate their partner's actions. I mean you might find someone else better but in reality, no one is going to be like the person you were with. I have a partner like you guys and seeing how *hard* it is these days for a girl like myself to even get a guy to talk to her, I know that I'll never find someone like him. Do you get what I am trying to say?
    Actually, psychology tells us that we're more likely to overestimate how great our partners are (which isn't always a bad thing as long as you know what a healthy relationship is supposed to be like). And I don't think it's a bad thing to not be able to find someone like the person you're with. Different types of people have different things to bring to a relationship, good and bad. You'll find more than a few people who will mesh well with you, trust me. It's finding the person who is most compatible and faithful that counts, IMO. And honestly, for me, if he isn't faithful, we're not compatible. Being afraid that you won't be able to find someone else is a bad reason to put up with being treated poorly. Guys rarely look twice at me, I don't get hit on or asked out on dates, I don't get compliments from strangers, etc. But that doesn't mean that if my boyfriend ever cheated on me (and I know he never would) that I wouldn't end it right then and there.

Actually, psychology tells us that we're more likely to overestimate how great our partners are (which isn't always a bad thing as long as you know what a healthy relationship is supposed to be like). And I don't think it's a bad thing to not be able to find someone like the person you're with. Different types of people have different things to bring to a relationship, good and bad. You'll find more than a few people who will mesh well with you, trust me. It's finding the person who is most compatible and faithful that counts, IMO. And honestly, for me, if he isn't faithful, we're not compatible. Being afraid that you won't be able to find someone else is a bad reason to put up with being treated poorly. Guys rarely look twice at me, I don't get hit on or asked out on dates, I don't get compliments from strangers, etc. But that doesn't mean that if my boyfriend ever cheated on me (and I know he never would) that I wouldn't end it right then and there.
    You really are heavily implying that you are not pretty with most of your statements. Just sayin'.

At least someone of us are not afraid to admit we aren't rather than be all prideful and pretend we are. Like the attraction thread for example :]
    岩根雅明=♡

The number 1 argument I hate for this topic is, "It's in our nature to want to breed with multiple people." Yes that's fine but we live in a society that is based on rules and boundries, if you don't want to be with just one person, then you know.. Don't be in a commited relationship?

And please stop using that as a reason for you not being able to keep it in your trousers.

I agree with Pesky Persian.

What I also find silly about the human race these days, is when guys or girls hit on someone who is obviously in a relationship. Just proves so many people these days do not take relationships seriously anymore, and it's really upsetting. It's like .."Am I the only one who finds sex and love a special thing?" I mean of course I'm not the only one, but it sure as hell feels like we're the minority.
    Or I think people get a kick out of stealing or turning on someone who already has a partner. Really sickening. Luckily for me and my partner, it doesn't work on me. I don't even give guys a second look. (: Just a small glance of "oh hey there's a person."

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast