Thread: Pokemon XD Gales or Darkenss and Colosseum Difficulty

Hybrid View

Default Pokemon XD Gales or Darkenss and Colosseum Difficulty

What in your guys opinion, the difficulty of those two games. Hard, easy, medium? I'd prefer if you guys rated it from one to ten. And if you want, write a brief description.

Story Mode
    Colosseum= 9/10

XD Gales of Darkness 8/10 (Although Greevile was an pain)

Fighting in the Colosseum's
    Colosseum= 9.5/10

XD Gales of Darkness 9/10
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

One to ten out of what? In comparison to other Pokemon games? In comparison to other JRPGs? In comparison to our expectations? As a measure of the amount of grinding we did?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

As this is about Colo/XD I'll move this to its section rather than GPD (which is about Pokemon discussions beyond a subset of games).

And as a person said, some more info would be nice too.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Story Mode

Colosseum: 9

XD: 9.5, because of Lovrina

Battling in a Colosseum

Colosseum: 8, not as hard as XD

XD: 10, I never beat Eldes in the Orre Colosseum (o.O)

Sorry, I'll be more specific. In general I mean. Would you call it hard, easy? Just your opinion.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    Sorry, I'll be more specific. In general I mean. Would you call it hard, easy? Just your opinion.
    I'd call it easy, probably because I've beaten more difficult JRPGs. 5/10, something like that.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Story Mode

Colosseum- 7/10 (the Trainers Pokemon were fairly difficult near the end)

XD- 5/10 (very Easy for me. lol)

Fighting in the Colosseums

Colosseum- 8/10 (Fairly Difficult, like story mode)

XD- 5/10 (The chance to trade Pokemon opened up, making it easier to battle the Colosseum)

Story Mode

Colosseum- 9/10 Reglam Tower has always been somewhat of a pain in the ***. I love the final boss battles though.

XD Gales of Darkness - 5/10 once I got the hang of it

Fighting in the Colosseum's

Colosseum- ??? To be honest, I've never really tried it that many times.

XD Gales of Darkness- ??? What do you mean by Colosseum? Do you mean going against the CPU's with just two randomly selected pokemon?

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

I feel that Colosseum's Ending is harder than XD's Ending, but other than that, the difficulty doesn't vary all that significantly between the two games.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

I would call Colosseum a 9/10. Snagging Shadow Pokemon was a bigger pain with the recoil of Shadow Rush, and the No-Type effectiveness of Shadow moves. Ein with Raikou is my 2nd hardest part, and the Realgem Tower End bosses was nearly impossible without stopping.

XD Was definitely like a 6/10. Shadows can wall every other Shadow, as well as hit any normals 2x. The 2nd Hardest part was in the ONBS Building with the General's Mawile. The hardest was with (whatshisface) Alder? The other one beside Eldes. He was a major pain with his stupid Alakazam >.>. Greevil was a big let-down. Why? Put Shadow Lugia and Salamence on the field and you take so laughable damage its ridiculous. Bonus Points when Greevil's Pokemon uses Shadow End.

Colosseum (Story Mode) 9/10 (Sheerly because every trainer in the game had an effective well prepared team while you were limited to 48 Pokemon throughout the course of the game which proved to be immensely difficult and it also didn't help that TM's were incredibly difficult to get ahold of)

Colosseum (Colosseum & Mt. Battle Mode) 10/10 (Once again because you were put at an incredible disadvantage against players with incredibly advanced teams while being restricted to the pokemon in game unless you'd cleared it which is why anyone who does clear it deserves respect)

Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Story Mode) 8.5/10 (Alot easier thanks to the awesome number of Pokemon you had access to but it wasn't all smooth sailing thanks to the changes in moves shadow pokemon had with them all being super effective but if you could clear the game then odds are you deserved to)

Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Orre Colosseum) 9.5/10 (It was extremely difficult but at least you get some idea in which to prepare with most of your opponents being battled in a specific order).
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Colo:
    Story mode: 9/10. I tended to have trouble against bosses.
    Colosseum battles: 9/10.
    XD
    Story mode: 5/10. I had no problems.
    Colosseum battles: 9/10
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.