Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about Ash losing every tournament in Unova?

Default How do you feel about Ash losing every tournament in Unova?

While Ash was allowed to win the tag battle tournament in DP, both Pokeringer challenges and the Twinleaf Festival tournament...he has now lost all 3 tournaments in the Unova series.

Do you think there is a reason for this? Are they saving his big win for the league? Or is Ash simply doomed to never win anything special?

I think he should have won the first one. The second one was for them to show off the battle between brothers (sawk and thro) and this one is definitely for Trip... Ash could have won the first one... But not with Pikachu, he's been starring too much and Pikachu had starred and would have starred Ash's two other big battles (Burgh and Elesa)

The writers just don't like him very much this season.

Are you trying to make drama in this fanbase?

I'd care like a immature fan but...

I have a rewrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I have a rewrite.
    I am pretty sure nobody compares fanfiction to the main anime. You can make Ash a champion in fanfiction but it makes no difference.

I don't know. I'm still hoping to see another tournament before the League, in which he wins and receives a Riolu/Eevee egg.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

being a bit premature aren't you cyber? let's wait until unova ends before saying he didn't win any tournaments

I don't feel like giving this explanation again, so I'm just going to copy and paste what I've posted before:

It doesn't take a genious to figure out why Iris won the first tournament. Misty, May, and Dawn all had their accomplishments. Misty had her side achievements and May and Dawn had their contests to shine in. The writers made Iris win because it gave her an accomplishment like the previous girls before her, as well as give her and Excadrill a reunion win together.

As for the second tournament, it was made simply to showcase Throh and Sawk in the finals.

Trip winning the third tournament was also obvious, because the prize is battling Alder.

As for Ash, giving him a tournament win is pointless since he already takes all the attention anyway. People wouldn't watch if Ash was the only focused one.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    being a bit premature aren't you cyber? let's wait until unova ends before saying he didn't win any tournaments
    I think there will be one last tournament after the league. Where Ash wins to redeem himself xD

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    As for Ash, giving him a tournament win is pointless since he already takes all the attention anyway. People wouldn't watch if Ash was the only focused one.
    Doesn't make sense though why he's being portrayed as so terrible in Unova. Even in Kanto and Johto he still had sizeable accomplishments from time to time.

I don't feel like giving this explanation again, so I'm just going to copy and paste what I've posted before:

It doesn't take a genious to figure out why Iris won the first tournament. Misty, May, and Dawn all had their accomplishments. Misty had her side achievements and May and Dawn had their contests to shine in. The writers made Iris win because it gave her an accomplishment like the previous girls before her, as well as give her and Excadrill a reunion win together.

As for the second tournament, it was made simply to showcase Throh and Sawk in the finals.

Trip winning the third tournament was also obvious, because the prize is battling Alder.

All the people saying everything after johto sucked would beg to differ.

All the people who arent saying everything after johto sucked would beg to differ.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 8th August 2012 at 11:12 PM.

I was wondering if his losses in these tournaments are building up to his League win too, but if he won here it'd feel so out of place. The only thing that would make Ash winning the league this time around realistic would be if he used his reserves too, which I highly doubt is going to happen.

The season isn't over yet. Plus Ash won a lot of tournaments in past seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I was wondering if his losses in these tournaments are building up to his League win too, but if he won here it'd feel so out of place. The only thing that would make Ash winning the league this time around realistic would be if he used his reserves too, which I highly doubt is going to happen.
    Watch Ash call back DA CHARIZARD and pwn Trip's 2 "most powerful" Pokemon (Conkeldurr and Serperior). Oh man Ash should have done this in this tournament, Charizard would have the advantage over both those and we know Trip would have chosen one of those xD

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Doesn't make sense though why he's being portrayed as so terrible in Unova. Even in Kanto and Johto he still had sizeable accomplishments from time to time.
    Well since Ash has so many achievements already, giving some to others isn't a bad thing. Unova isn't over, so Ash could still win something (like the league?)

I'm fine with Sawk winning the donamite. Trip really needed redemption after losing to Bel, so nothing wrong with him winning. Pikachu should have beaten the Drill in the first tournament.

(like the league?)
    That would require the writers to replace Ash afterwards, and that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I'm fine with Sawk winning the donamite. Trip really needed redemption after losing to Bel, so nothing wrong with him winning. Pikachu should have beaten the Drill in the first tournament.
    Exactly I don't get why Iris had to win. Was it to show off Excadrill's power after it started obeying her? Like it doesn't really make sense :/

Pikachu should have beaten the Drill in the first tournament.
    Not believeable, sorry.

That would require the writers to replace Ash afterwards, and that won't happen.
    That's an assumption based on nothing.

Not believeable, sorry.
    Please explain how it isn't believable. I don't see how anybody could blatantly come to that conclusion. Especially since Pikachu is stronger than the drill.

That's an assumption based on nothing.
    You mean like your comment above?

Actually it's an assumption based on what the writers have been doing for the past 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Exactly I don't get why Iris had to win. Was it to show off Excadrill's power after it started obeying her? Like it doesn't really make sense :/
    Especailly since she could have done that in an earlier round. Like maybe against Luke and then the Outrage crap wouldn't have happened.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 8th August 2012 at 11:27 PM.

makes this whole unova trek almost useless, he hasnt won anything, i doubt he's gonna win the league coz he never does...just bad writters being bad is all there is to it, i cant hate on his character for lack of progress because its the writters that are dicking around this season...they should be fired and replaced with new writters..i've said this before they should have new writters for each generation so the writting doesnt get stale and repatitive..because this season they look like a bunch of idiots

Pikachu defeating Excadrill could have been very believable. All it would have taken was a few tactical planned out heavy Iron Tails.

Please explain how it isn't believable. I don't see how anybody could blatantly come to that conclusion. Especially since Pikachu is stronger than the drill.
    Excadrill is immune to ALL electric type attacks, which means zero damage. And Excadrill resists iron tail since it's part steel type and iron tail is a steel type move. That leaves pikachu with only quick attack. Again, how is this believeable? Excadrill clearly overpowers the rat.

You mean like your comment above?

Actually it's an assumption based on what the writers have been doing for the past 15 years.
    Ash winning the league has nothing to do with him leaving the show. Once again, you show nothing.

I don't really care. He's not weak and a tournament win would be pointless. I think the writers just wanted to focus on other characters like the supporting characters like Kenyan or Bianca then Ash for a little while. I just hopes he wins the Isshu League. :-D

he deserves it in my opinion
    Gotta love Honey Senpai
    https://www.change.org/petitions/car...-back-online-3 Please sign and help bring back one of my favorite games

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast