Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 166

Thread: How do you feel about Ash losing every tournament in Unova?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,450

    Default

    If pikachu can tie with a latios there's no reason why it cant beat excadrill. Just bad writers being bad.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    If pikachu can tie with a latios there's no reason why it cant beat excadrill. Just bad writers being bad.
    That's a whole new argument dude, with Unova's set power level for Pikachu it was believable.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Excadrill is immune to ALL electric type attacks, which means zero damage. And Excadrill resists iron tail since it's part steel type and iron tail is a steel type move. That leaves pikachu with only quick attack. Again, how is this believeable? Excadrill clearly overpowers the rat.
    - Excadrill had been out of practice for years until that point.
    - The rat is actually strong. The drill is average
    - Typing means crap. Ash used an untrained Roggenrola beat an Excadrill that's been with Clay since he was an ugly little boy.



    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Ash winning the league has nothing to do with him leaving the show. Once again, you show nothing.
    I meant replace him as the main character. If he wins the pokemon league, someone else will have to collect badges.

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    That's a whole new argument dude, with Unova's set power level for Pikachu it was believable.
    There's no such thing as a "set" power level. Pikachu's just inconsistent.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    There's no such thing as a "set" power level. Pikachu's just inconsistent.
    I would say there is from region to region, not across them of course.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    This gen completely proves writers hate Satoshi!
    Last edited by super-him2011; 9th August 2012 at 12:43 AM.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Either way i'm just growing tired of how he is performing in this region. I hope after this he can gain enough experience to win but i seriously doubt that is the case.

    The World God Only knows

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super-him2011 View Post
    This gen completely proves writers hate Satoshi
    That makes no sense.

    Why can't I shake this feeling people want a Red clone.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super-him2011 View Post
    This gen completely proves writers hate you
    Fixed it for ya. The writers would never hate Satoshi. The boy has to win and lose sometimes.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    The writers don't hate him, they just love glorifying trainers who really don't need to be glorified.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Excadrill had been out of practice for years until that point.
    Being out of action doesn't take away someones's power. Excadrill had 99 wins prior to that and even if he did have some battle rust, it was taken care of when it battled Georgia's Beartic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    The rat is actually strong. The drill is average
    Pikachu is strong when the writers want him to be, but when it comes to him and Excadrill, Pikachu doesn't have much of a chance. Excadrill has too many things in its favor. It's immune to all electric types and it resists iron tail. Quick attack is all pikachu has.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Typing means crap. Ash used an untrained Roggenrola beat an Excadrill that's been with Clay since he was an ugly little boy.
    That just shows Ash's convenience factor with his mid-battle evolutions. But either way Boldore won with Rock Smash, something Excadrill is weak against.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I meant replace him as the main character. If he wins the pokemon league, someone else will have to collect badges.
    This is nothing more than a made-up assumption. Try again!

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,631

    Default

    They could of had him win one of them they should have let him win one, but truthfully I'm glad they gave one of the tournaments to Iris, despite my overall indifference towards the actual character. Ash has gyms, I know people want him to have more then just gym wins and he has like a hundred different gym badges, blah, blah, blah, but I was hoping these tournaments would focus more on the sidekicks and rivals then Ash. Ash has the entire show to himself and already has made lots of achievements that people seem to take lightly these days so why not give Iris, Cilan, Bianca, Trip, or a rival the tournament cup? It's not like they'll be around forever.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Being out of action doesn't take away someones's power. Excadrill had 99 wins prior to that and even if he did have some battle rust, it was taken care of when it battled Georgia's Beartic.
    Pikachu has also had more than that.


    Pikachu is strong when the writers want him to be, but when it comes to him and Excadrill, Pikachu doesn't have much of a chance. Excadrill has too many things in its favor. It's immune to all electric types and it resists iron tail. Quick attack is all pikachu has.
    Which is still enough to win. Pikachu beat Electivire who resisted Iron Tail and was immune to Electric attacks. If he can do that, he can beat the drill.

    Still don't find it unbelieveable for Pikachu to win.


    That just shows Ash's convenience factor with his mid-battle evolutions. But either way Boldore won with Rock Smash, something Excadrill is weak against.
    There are other examples, you've seen them already.

    This is nothing more than a made-up assumption. Try again!
    No, you're just contradicting for the hell of it.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Pikachu is strong when the writers want him to be, but when it comes to him and Excadrill, Pikachu doesn't have much of a chance. Excadrill has too many things in its favor. It's immune to all electric types and it resists iron tail. Quick attack is all pikachu has.
    Wtf. Quick Attack is just as bad as Iron Tail since Steel-types resists Normal-type attacks. I don't know why but I get the feeling Ash will win the Unova League.
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    397

    Default

    It would have been nice to see Ash win at least 1 tournament, especially since it's not very likely he'll be winning the League.

    But since this saga has been so random, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all building up for a League win.

    Then everybody would cry tears of joy instead of crying about how much he sucks this region...


  15. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Pikachu is strong when the writers want him to be, but when it comes to him and Excadrill, Pikachu doesn't have much of a chance. Excadrill has too many things in its favor. It's immune to all electric types and it resists iron tail. Quick attack is all pikachu has.
    I love how you're acting as if advantages and disadvantages matters in the anime, especially with your signature which completely defied logic in the first World Tournament episode. That alone is enough to show Pikachu's Iron Tails/Quick Attacks could have taken out Excadrill.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    pallet town
    Posts
    199

    Default

    I think by the writers doing this their down playing Ash's strength and making everyone else look stronger then by League time it'll show Ash's development and how much stronger he's gotten in this region either that or they just don't care

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satoharupika View Post
    Fixed it for ya. The writers would never hate Satoshi. The boy has to win and lose sometimes.
    Anyway i hope writers give him chance redeem himself in the league or new tournament because he lose three tournaments in a row and like Shootie him need to win something!.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The writers just don't like him very much this season.
    My feelings, exactly.

    Well, I think he will win one tournament or something Battle-Frontier-Level, eventually, but, not the league and not so soon. Seriously, no one is really waiting for Ash winning a big league, that's a vain hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

    *Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ★ Mr. Mime ★ View Post
    It would have been nice to see Ash win at least 1 tournament, especially since it's not very likely he'll be winning the League.

    But since this saga has been so random, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all building up for a League win.

    Then everybody would cry tears of joy instead of crying about how much he sucks this region...
    Actually you could still complain even if he does win the league. People could then just as easily say Unova was a weaker league then Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh's. That's what some said about the Sinnoh GF. People always find a way to complain.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Pikachu has also had more than that.
    Pikachu has done a lot, but it's still been beaten. In the case of Excadrill, it simply wasn't strong enough. Had Pikachu actually had an effective move in its arsenal, then it would've had a chance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Which is still enough to win. Pikachu beat Electivire who resisted Iron Tail and was immune to Electric attacks. If he can do that, he can beat the drill.

    Still don't find it unbelieveable for Pikachu to win.
    Once again that's Ash and his convenience factor. Going into Pikachu's battling record is pretty pointless because it being reset every region. Non-Unova pikachu might've had a better chance, but Unova Pikachu got the result it asked for.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechamp95 View Post
    I think by the writers doing this their down playing Ash's strength and making everyone else look stronger then by League time it'll show Ash's development and how much stronger he's gotten in this region either that or they just don't care
    I agree with you

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,758

    Default

    I love it.

    I've watched Ash since Kanto battle every gym leader and battle in every League. The characters on Best Wishes will be with us only for this saga so I prefer what they did now giving those characters an opportunity to show their battle skills because they don't get as much chances as Ash. He's done great in every tournament. I don't know what's the big deal. I also don't understand how he needs to win one of these to prove he's ready for the League, that's what the 8 badges in his case represent.

  23. #48

    Default

    I really don't care about Ash losing any tournaments anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I love how you're acting as if advantages and disadvantages matters in the anime, especially with your signature which completely defied logic in the first World Tournament episode. That alone is enough to show Pikachu's Iron Tails/Quick Attacks could have taken out Excadrill.
    You're right, type advantages don't matter that much in the anime but that's not to say there not relevant at all. I don't know why people are even moaning, Excadrill is a strong Pokémon, it's immune to two of Pikachu's moves and resists 2 of the others, if Excadrill were to of lost then everyone would be moaning about that.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,616

    Default

    I must be psychic 'cause I knew who made the thread just by reading the title. Anyway, I don't understand what the big deal is. I never expected Ash to win any of the Unova tournaments because of his weak roster. I tried to share my opinion with other people, but everyone thought I was crazy for suggesting that Ash's Pokemon weren't all-powerful. I think it's great that these tournaments have allowed other characters to shine though; I'm just disappointed at all the backlash that characters like Iris and Trip have received.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •