Thread: Sports moments/accomplishments you'd like to witness in the future.

Default Sports moments/accomplishments you'd like to witness in the future.

It can be about any national sport, so it's basically "anything goes".

Anyway, in the NFL, after reminiscing the Seattle Seahawks dethroning the then-defending Super Bowl champions New Orleans Saints despite the Seahawks being a sub-.500 team, it made me wonder if something like winning a Super Bowl with a losing record would ever become a reality. It actually was a reality, as the last known accomplished based on this is not in the NFL, but in the NHL (Chicago Blackhawks of 1938). They nearly missed the playoffs, but they advanced with a 14-25 record, and eventually won the Stanley Cup against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Aside from that, what sports moments/accomplishments would you want to witness it being a reality? Think of any moment or accomplishment in any national sport that has yet to happen.

As for my contributions:

NFL:
    • Any team advancing to the playoffs with an 0-7 record. Only team that comes close to this (well...not really close) is the 1992 San Diego Chargers, where they started off 0-4 and still advanced to the playoffs.
    • A sub-.500 team winning the Super Bowl
    • Overtime in a future Super Bowl game
    • Future rookie carrying his team to the Super Bowl (Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco could've accomplished this when they were rookies; they failed)

NBA:
    • LeBron accomplishing eight championships or more (highly doubt this'll happen anyway...I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about in terms of this)
    • Any basketball team staying undefeated the entire season (doubt this'll happen anytime soon)
    • A scene much similar to this happening, except in the NBA.
    • Just like the NFL, a sub-.500 team winning the NBA championship.
    • Epic comeback from a 3-game defecit in the playoffs to advance. It has happened before, but only in MLB and NHL.

MLB:
    • Breaking Cy Young's total career wins (as far as I know, there was never a 400-game winner other than him and Walter Johnson)
    • Any baseball player achieving 700+ home runs in a legitimate fashion other than Hank Aaron
    • A future .400 hitter at the end of a future season. Has not happened since Ted Williams achieved it in 1941.
    • Just like the NFL and NBA, a sub-.500 team winning the World Series.

NHL:
    • Chicago Blackhawks ending the season without a regulation loss. As of the time I posted this, they don't have one...yet.

International football (or soccer, in American terms):
    • ?

(I can't really think of much on the NHL part...will have to get back on that at some future date. Don't have anything for soccer at the moment)

I would throw in America men's team winning the FIFA World Cup, but...I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

So yeah, feel free to discuss and contribute sports moments you'd like to witness in the future.
    Last edited by Lord Scalgon; 7th March 2013 at 3:46 PM. Reason: forgot to add a few words

the Thunder winning the NBA Finals would be a nice future event to see. it will happen, it's close to happening, but it's hard to say when exactly this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    [*]A scene much similar to this happening, except in the NBA.

--------

On an international level, I would like to see Fernando Alonso win his 3rd F1 Drivers title. Something that is so richly deserved as he is by far and away the class of the field. Hoping he pulls through this year

I would love for Kobe to get another ring and scoring title and in two years when the Lakers can hand out a max contract to someone I hope it'll be a fast speedy point guard to help along Dwight! Wouldn't mind the Sonics coming back either as long as the Kings stay in Sacremnto, so I don't know how that is going to work but whatever!
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarooza View Post
    I meant the buzzer shot during that timeframe that literally stunned the team and its entire fans in the arena when they thought they'd won, and yet the losing team celebrated prematurely. But still, pretty impressive feat by Fisher.

Tampa Bay Rays winning the world series.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Well, this would be HIGHLY unlikely. But I would like to see the Cubs vs Sox in the world series and (hopefully) win. Either way, it would be good to watch
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I would like to see Novak Djokovic sweep all the Grand Slam titles this year, especially for French Open he hasn't won.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Well, it's Baseball season! I would like to see the Dodgers win the World Series this year and see Clayton Kershaw throw his first no-hitter or better a Perfect Game! Also, see Kershaw win his second Cy Young award and with the dominate performance he gave today, I can see it happening. Finally, I would also like to see Kershaw join the 300-win club in the future and become the most paid pitcher ever in Baseball!
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

To see a Detroit team win something.

Yes, I know, it's happened multiple times in my life (Red Wings won multiple Stanley Cups, Pistons won in 2004), but all of those happened when I didn't care about sports.

I'd especially love to see the Lions win a Super Bowl, though, as that has never happened, and I'm sick of hearing people on the radio say it never will unless the Fords sell the team (which will never happen).

EDIT: Take that back. I'd like to see all of them win at some point in my life while I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    To see a Detroit team win something.

Yes, I know, it's happened multiple times in my life (Red Wings won multiple Stanley Cups, Pistons won in 2004), but all of those happened when I didn't care about sports.

I'd especially love to see the Lions win a Super Bowl, though, as that has never happened, and I'm sick of hearing people on the radio say it never will unless the Fords sell the team (which will never happen).

EDIT: Take that back. I'd like to see all of them win at some point in my life while I'm a fan.
    The Tigers came close last year...but were swept by the Giants in the World Series.

Red Wings...I don't know...sure, they're in the playoffs right now, but the only question is if they can pull a feat much similar to the LA Kings.

Nothing to say about the Lions or the Pistons, though.

(at least this is technically not necro-posting...since only 26 of 30 days have passed)

Saints winning another Super Bowl
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer0081 View Post
    the Thunder winning the NBA Finals would be a nice future event to see. it will happen, it's close to happening, but it's hard to say when exactly this will happen.
    No Westbrook anymore means not this year :'(

GodDamnZilla

I'd like to see the Bobcats change their godawful logo

I wanna see the Highschool I went to and played Football for win a State championship, we almost came close to winning it my Junior year, but we fell short and it still haunts me too this day. Then in my senior year we went 3-8...We took a total step back as a team but won our final game. I also wanna see the Michigan Wolverines make it back to the national title game in basketball next season. I know it will be harder with Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway gone, but I have faith they can make another run. I also wanna see the Detroit Lions make the playoffs, and I also wanna see the Michigan Wolverines Football team win the Big 10. Go Blue!

And if the Chicago Bulls do make it to the second round of the NBA playoffs I hope they can defeat the Miami Heat in a series...I know it would be very unlikely for the Bulls to beat the Heat in a series especially with no Derek Rose, but I am rooting for Chicago.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902