It can be about any national sport, so it's basically "anything goes".
Anyway, in the NFL, after reminiscing the Seattle Seahawks dethroning the then-defending Super Bowl champions New Orleans Saints despite the Seahawks being a sub-.500 team, it made me wonder if something like winning a Super Bowl with a losing record would ever become a reality. It actually was a reality, as the last known accomplished based on this is not in the NFL, but in the NHL (Chicago Blackhawks of 1938). They nearly missed the playoffs, but they advanced with a 14-25 record, and eventually won the Stanley Cup against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Aside from that, what sports moments/accomplishments would you want to witness it being a reality? Think of any moment or accomplishment in any national sport that has yet to happen.
As for my contributions:
- Any team advancing to the playoffs with an 0-7 record. Only team that comes close to this (well...not really close) is the 1992 San Diego Chargers, where they started off 0-4 and still advanced to the playoffs.
- A sub-.500 team winning the Super Bowl
- Overtime in a future Super Bowl game
- Future rookie carrying his team to the Super Bowl (Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco could've accomplished this when they were rookies; they failed)
- LeBron accomplishing eight championships or more (highly doubt this'll happen anyway...I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about in terms of this)
- Any basketball team staying undefeated the entire season (doubt this'll happen anytime soon)
- A scene much similar to this happening, except in the NBA.
- Just like the NFL, a sub-.500 team winning the NBA championship.
- Epic comeback from a 3-game defecit in the playoffs to advance. It has happened before, but only in MLB and NHL.
- Breaking Cy Young's total career wins (as far as I know, there was never a 400-game winner other than him and Walter Johnson)
- Any baseball player achieving 700+ home runs in a legitimate fashion other than Hank Aaron
- A future .400 hitter at the end of a future season. Has not happened since Ted Williams achieved it in 1941.
- Just like the NFL and NBA, a sub-.500 team winning the World Series.
- Chicago Blackhawks ending the season without a regulation loss. As of the time I posted this, they don't have one...yet.
International football (or soccer, in American terms):
(I can't really think of much on the NHL part...will have to get back on that at some future date. Don't have anything for soccer at the moment)
I would throw in America men's team winning the FIFA World Cup, but...I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.
So yeah, feel free to discuss and contribute sports moments you'd like to witness in the future.