Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben 10 Omniverse discussion.

Default Ben 10 Omniverse discussion.

For those who are still fans of the Ben 10 series (which is very few of you) you must be aware of the early release of episode 1. So with that being said, what did you think of it? Was there something that didn't impress you? Was the animation "terrible" like people have been saying? Post your opinions now!

And I forgot this was a game as well, lol. I'd talk about the game in the Other Video Game discussions.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 11th August 2012 at 8:18 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

Grandpa Max thinned out quite a bit, apparently.

Nah. The animation style is by no means poor in this new iteration, but it's not my favorite. Not a fan of the big underbites and shaggy hair; it almost harkens back to '70s cartoons. But I'd probably rate it slightly better than the animation during the last two or three shows (however many there were with Julie and Ship and the ultimatrix) where the faces were more or less generic. The style of art in the whole post-original-pre-omniverse series involved faces much less able to convey emotion and humor than in those two excluded series.

In any case, I was initially disappointed to see Gwen leaving (Kevin I could take or leave, meh), but then I started thinking of how interesting it would be to see Ben finally trying to carry the hero's mantle all by himself. Then, in the same episode of course, they introduce a new partner for him. (The partner's name was something like Dashed Hopes, I believe.) Anyway, Ben stayed in character by arrogantly/stubbornly refusing the new guy's help, and now we're going to be treated to the character dynamic whereby the cocky but dependent leader undervalues his highly skilled but placid companion for a while. What began as fairly interesting - as well as novel for the series - became cliche in the space of about twenty minutes. *shrug*

I care little for Ben 10 now, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    In any case, I was initially disappointed to see Gwen leaving
    Why? ;_;

What reason is given for this?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I care little for Ben 10 now, but...

Why? ;_;

What reason is given for this?
    She went of Into a University I think.

Anyways from the opening, we see some old faces including Eye Guy, and Upchuck. And from glancing at both the Ben 10 and original Wikiapedia, BenMummy is set to appear, though he was listed under additional voices, which I swear, they'd better give him more screen time.
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

I hate the new animation. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I have no issue with the animation. If the story is interesting along with the characters I'm good. Its like when people ***** about a game having poor graphics but a great story and gameplay

can't wait for it to start really. the new aliens look interesting. not sure if it was the best idea to include an alien made of Legos though.

I'm not as bothered by the new animation style as I thought I would be. The only thing I don't like about it is Kevin's new design, but that's just me.

Having both Gwen and Kevin leaving, took me by surprise. It would of been nice to see Ben run solo, but I'm fine with them adding the straight-laced Rook to counter Ben. Rook's Proto-Tool is pretty sweet too. I'll be waiting to see how they incorporate 10 year old Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    And from glancing at both the Ben 10 and original Wikiapedia, BenMummy is set to appear, though he was listed under additional voices, which I swear, they'd better give him more screen time.
    Whaaaat? Hopefully BenWolf and BenViktor get more air time too, all 3 didn't do that much after their debut episodes.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

I'm really torn about the new show. I like the new spirit the show has which is contributed from the more upbeat music and comedy, but it feels really faced pace. I really liked Ultimate Alien for it's drama and serious storytelling, but this show feels if I lose focus for a second I miss like an entire thing due to its more upbeat nature. I don't know, I just like it yet don't like it at the same time.

Confirmed aliens.

Lodestar
    Spidermonkey
    Water Hazard
    NRG
    Clockwork
    Big Chill
    Way Big
    Crashhopper
    Diamondhead
    Grey Matter
    Upchuck
    Brainstorm
    Nanomech
    Armodrillo
    Humungousaur
    Rath
    Four Arms
    Eye Guy
    Cannonbolt
    Shocksquatch
    Gravattack
    Heatblast
    XLR8
    BenWolf
    Bloxx
    Jury Rigg
    Feedback
    Terraspin
    Ripjaws
    Stinkfly
    BenMummy
    Alien X

If there's anyone else, please feel free to post.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 17th August 2012 at 6:31 PM.

Rath FTW!!! Lol only alien I really care for.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

I still watch Ben 10 and I still enjoy it!
    The new series seems like a way to show the universe of Ben 10 like the name says "Omniverse".
    I did have a problem with the art style at first but then I got use to it and it seems fresh. I love the new ideas that are being brought in and I heard every alien will be focused on, in this series. I like the touch feature given to the new Omnitrix and its design but I'm still wondering how young Ben is involved.
    Overall, not too bad. Seems good.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I still you know watch this show so i think Omniverse will still be good as the other ones and yay Rath i like Rath he is awesome
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

I couldn't find BenVictor anywhere so...

Looks pretty awesome.

I think I'll probably follow and keep up with it.

I wanna finish Alien Force first before that.

BenWolf
    BENWOLF. EEEEEE. YAY. <33333.

Love Benwolf. Did Ben even use the poor thing after its debut?

Anywho, on topic. I have a slight dislike for the animation (i prefer the alien force/ultimate alien one.) but this is fine, I guess.

..But benwolf. yay.

Was he ever given an official name?
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

For those who are still fans of the Ben 10 series (which is very few of you) you must be aware of the early release of episode 1. So with that being said, what did you think of it? Was there something that didn't impress you? Was the animation "terrible" like people have been saying? Post your opinions now!

And I forgot this was a game as well, lol. I'd talk about the game in the Other Video Game discussions.
    Lost its charm after the first season of Ben 10: Alien Force.

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Yes! Took me long enough, but the Halloween trio is back!
    http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Benvicktor

The concepts this tv show continues to introduce to kids makes me smile.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

Delighted Rath is confirmed.
    About time we see XLR8

Others I found:
    Ditto
    And I think Brainstorm, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't like the art directions so much in this show. I miss the ones found in previous series.

Does anyone know when season 1 will begin?

Does anyone know when season 1 will begin?
    According to Cartoonnetwork.com, it will premier on Saturday, September 22. So not that long of a wait.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

Do we know if Ben can access all of his Aliens? ALL!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast