Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xiaolin Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I don't get why you act like this is a shock horror/one in a million chance.
    Because that's... exactly what it is?

but it stood a way better chance than hundreds of other shows that finished airing.
    Not really.

Any good writer to a show reads some form of feedback from it's fanbase and audience, it's how they make decisions to a show 70% of the time.
    "70%" is overstating matters about as grossly as you possibly can, as would any random percentage in its place. The shows that manage to endure are generally the ones run by people smart enough to not make decisions based solely on what the fans "think" they want.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Yeah, i don't really see how a sequel series to a cartoon in anime style is automatically related to other popular anime shows.
    Yeah but doing it right after The Legend of Korra? Coincidence I think not

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Because that's... exactly what it is?
    lmao, alright, remove the shock horror part. It isn't a one in a million chance compared to other shows.

Not really.
    Want to explain? I can see you like talking on forums so go ahead.

"70%" is overstating matters about as grossly as you possibly can, as would any random percentage in its place.
    You're right, I spoke too in-depth there, everybody should already know that overall, most TV show's listen to some form of critisism from fans.

The shows that manage to endure are generally the ones run by people smart enough to not make decisions based solely on what the fans "think" they want.
    You see, now you're doing exactly what I did. Saying something that isn't proven.

It isn't a one in a million chance compared to other shows.
    No, again, it pretty much is.

Want to explain? I can see you like talking on forums so go ahead.
    Because the rare handful of shows that come back from the dead either do so because of huge toy sales or huge home video sales. Guess what show did neither?

everybody should already know that overall, most TV show's listen to some form of critisism from fans.
    Again, that's not the case. On the occasions where a showrunner actually does an interview, he or she will usually thank the fans for their support and input but if pressed will almost unilaterally deny using ideas from fans and in some cases outright espouse doing so, saying that what the fans often think they want from a show will very rarely result in actual good material.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The Xiaolin Showdowns are going to be in 3-D.
    ... not sure if want ...

I'll approach it with cautious optimism. I'm assuming this will air on CN like the original series?

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    ... not sure if want ...

I'll approach it with cautious optimism. I'm assuming this will air on CN like the original series?
    Too bad, live with it and stop complaining already. Though I will miss the replaced actors and actresses, more of a good thing is never bad...unless it's like a drug and in this case, it is not.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Too bad, live with it and stop complaining already.
    Nah. I think I'll give it a pass.

Carry on.

Gotta love how most of the posts are people ranting XD. Anyway i'll watch it since i loved the old one. As for art changes I see nothing different besides the 3D which looks interesting. Maybe its due to be not seeing this show bin 6 years but they look the same

Xiaolin Showdown was one of my favorite shows so I'll check out Xiaolin Chronicles as well. I wonder who will be back and who will not? I wonder if secondary villains like Vlad will still be around? Katnappe and Tubbimura seem to be.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Xiaolin Showdown was one of my favorite shows so I'll check out Xiaolin Chronicles as well. I wonder who will be back and who will not? I wonder if secondary villains like Vlad will still be around? Katnappe and Tubbimura seem to be.
    I wouldn't care if Vlad didn't appear again. He was interesting in his debut, but after that, he was treated as a Jack add-on. I'm sure he'll make an appearance, since those two will be.

I can't wait to see the Sapphire Dragon (or whatever they rename it). That was always my favourite Shen Gong Wu.

I can't wait to see the Sapphire Dragon (or whatever they rename it). That was always my favourite Shen Gong Wu.
    It was also evil.

My favourite is that staff glider that Aang use... oh wait that's Avatar: The Legend of Aang. ¬_¬;

Oh wait there's that boomerang that Sokka used... that's still Avatar: The Legend of Aang.

Uh I kinda forgotten what type of Shen Gong Wu there was. ^_^;

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It was also evil.
    Yeah, I don't think it'll appear again because of that.

My favourite is that staff glider that Aang use... oh wait that's Avatar: The Legend of Aang. ¬_¬;
    Shimo Staff + Wings of Tinabi combo?

Oh wait there's that boomerang that Sokka used... that's still Avatar: The Legend of Aang.
    Big Bang Meteorang?

http://xiaolinshowdown.wikia.com/wiki/Shen_Gong_Wu

My favourites are the Golden Tiger Claws, the Serpent's Tail, the Tangle Web Comb, the Star Hanabi and the Shroud of Shadows.

tl;dr, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It was also evil.
    I know haha, I think that's why I liked it so much because it was a deadly weapon.

Fan of Avatar I see? :L

I remember tonnes of them, I just can't remember all of their names.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it'll appear again because of that.
    The Sapphire Dragon returned to the show in it's third Season, the Bean enemy converted it with a fear Shen Gong Wu and made a huge sapphire monster. There's no reason not to think it won't show up in the new series. The same with every other item.

My favourites are the Golden Tiger Claws, the Serpent's Tail, the Tangle Web Comb, the Star Hanabi and the Shroud of Shadows.
    The Golden Tiger claws were badass

is the monkey staff still going to constantly be in the hands of Jack Splicer? cause that was always good for a laugh. also the Shen Gong Wu that let you talk to animals was pretty cool.

Man there have been a lot of reboots of early 2000s shows lately. First Teen Titans, next Code Lyoko, and now this. Hell, while not necessarily a show, even Toonami is back!
    *FC Black: 4256 0644 0134. PM me if you wanna battle!

Pokemon I use competively:

Thanks for making a new forum bro!

Show begins August 26th, 2013 on the Disney XD channel.

Source:
    http://www.toonzone.net/forums/disne...disney-xd.html

So, this is premiering tomorrow. I'm fairly hyped myself, I wonder if we'll get explanation on the name changes(I know it's copyright, but intertwining it with in the story would be nice.) for example, perhaps the Shen Gong Wu(Haven't spelled that in a long time lol) powered up thus got stronger names(Orb of Tornami -----> Orb of Torpedo). As for the new character, Ping Pong, not sure what to say on him. I hope he has his own standout personality in his own right and isn't a rehash of Omi's, I also want to know why Raimundo isn't leader anymore and how old the characters are/how much they've aged. Eagerly awaiting that, the new voices may take some time to get use to but TBH, I'm not a huge crier over voices in animation. I usually adjust fairly easily, the quality of the show is more my concern. The art style is as nice as I remember it to be and I do hope they keep up the nice comedic moments that are well done and the amazing action.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 25th August 2013 at 4:55 PM.

I for one, am greatly excited for Xiaolin Chronicles. I loved Xiaolin Showdown, and while I'm not crazy about some of the changes, I won't let it stop me from watching a show I greatly loved. It made my Saturdays mornings eventful during my High School years. To bad I don't have a DVR anymore. I'll have to cancel some of my usual Monday night stuff, but well worth it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

It begins tonight! I'm gotta make popcorn Woot!

I can't wait I loved the show it was awesome.
    I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

Hey, Twinkie! >D

My Heart Gold Team

I am now a brony. This makes me 20% cooler.

My Pearl Team

This is starting in a few hours? Hopefully I'll be able to see it tomorrow. As long as it has the humour and heart of the original series, I'll get over the renaming of Shen Gong Wu and the animation changes. The voices better not be too different. :/

Be this a reboot or a sequel, I don't really care... what I like is the show is returning. I love when shows I like return, which is funny because I was just thinking of this show not too long ago XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I missed episode one, enjoyed episode three and two. It seems the show starts off with a small arc. of picking out a new monk. Willow and PingPong are the two who are in the running, Pingpong doesn't seem to be on Omi's good side.(For the most part, I'm enjoying the new character a good bit) Meanwhile, Willow is pretty much a ***** in sheep's clothing. So far, it looks like she's successfully fooling everyone. Also, regarding Chase's wager during the fight, I absolutely thought that was weird and a bit vain thing for him to wager his looks as they are of more worth than Chase and Jack's "knickknacks" it seems a bit weird. Kimiko, Raimundo and Clay's new voices and Dojo's little makeover will take some time to get used to. But I'll adjust, like Jack's though. So far, it seems like the show will start off with a bang of the Wu being stolen. Which would be interesting. With five minutes left, I could easily see Chase and Shadow being successful. Also love Shadow so far, makes for a great villain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast