Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xiaolin Chronicles

At this point anything could be brought back especially Jacky Chan.
    This should be really good.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Xiaolin Chronicles just aired. I'm sure many didn't like the new voices, and new names for the Wu, but I was fine with it all. The three episodes were all good. I enjoyed the new characters of Ping Pong and Willow/Shadow, and I loved seeing Omi, Kimiko, Clay, Raimundo, Jack Spicer, Dojo, Chase Young, Wuya, everyone back on TV for new adventures. I screamed for joy seeing them on TV again. I screamed like a hyper fan! Cyclops, Katnappe, and Tubbimura only appeared for a short bit, but I loved seeing them again too! The series feels like both a reboot and a sequel, due to how everyone still knows each other and we got small little throwbacks to the old series. Still chuckle whenever someone question's Kimiko's upper body strength, to bad it appears she won't be changing clothes and hair style all the time. Good episodes aired, hope to see more. The voice acting didn't bother me at all, so I'm looking forward to seeing more.

If Mala Mala Jong appears, I wonder if he'll be renamed like the Wu have?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I still question the lazy design of Ping Pong and his character hasn't made me interested in him at all. Just seems like a nicer Omi. Chase seemed over the top in this also, like they were really trying to get the point across that this is guy is evil. That scene where he flips his hair into the water during his evil laugh was hammy as hell. Everything else was enjoyable or bearable.

Seems like Rai isn't the leader anymore. So much for that development.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/29o4q39.png[/IMG]
    Check out my shop!

FCs for pokemon on:
    1st post of shop:
    2nd post of shop:Black fc: 0347 8768 4305

Credit for banners and userbars goes to Mew_ and -Sarah, Pkmfn

Spoiler:- Claims:

Looks like it'll be great from the little I've seen of it.

So, the voice cast. If you could survive the jarring Pokemon and DBZ English voice cast switches, this is pretty seamless and easy to adjust to.

Omi and Ping Pong are both voiced by Tara Strong, as excellently as always.

Raimundo, Clay, and Kimiko all got pretty good replacements. A bit forced and too low at points, but they're getting better at their roles.

Dojo's and Wuya's replacements are excellent. Just off and on at times, but definitely the closest to the originals.

Jack's started off pretty crappy, but he's getting much better, and was good in XC003. He just needs to make his pitch higher for Jack, and get the girly squeals down!

Master Fung and Chase Young's replacements are really very different from the originals. Pretty average, and not the best, but they're tolerable.

Ping Pong is pretty awesome and an awesome addition to the team. Came in at episode two: episodes two and three were awesome!

Dojo's new design...is going to take some time to get used to.

So, in short, the intro is great, the animation is very good, the voice cast is overall pretty good but will take time to adjust to, as will Dojo's new design, and the show itself is looking very good.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I've watched the first two episodes. I certainly don't dislike it and I'm sure I'll grow to enjoy it more over time. When does it take place, though? Rai isn't the leader (they're all Shoku Warriors, apparently) and Wuya was trapped in the puzzle box (a spring inside the puzzle box – that was stupid). I also found some of the Shen Gong Wu's new names to be extremely silly. Shroud of Monster Camo? Really? They got away with changing the Star Hanabi to Hanabi Star, so why couldn't something similar have been done with the rest?

I despise the Orb of Torpedo name. Jack's VA needs to get down on those girly screams too.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I can't tell if this was a reboot, a sequel, or both...because a lot things seemed to be conflicting. And other then a few Wu name changes (Seriously, Orb of Torpedo?)... I actually enjoyed it. I don't care about voice changes unless they're completely different, so that didn't bother me. So yeah, I'm all for this continuing as it was a pretty good show back then.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Voice actor wise, I think they did pretty alright with what they had to work with. Raimundo sounded like a older version of himself, but it did help that the Xiaolin monks, minus Omi, look older and taller so it fit perfectly. Kimiko's new voice also worked for me, but I think it helped that she got lots of speaking time in the three episodes so I warmed up to her new voice fast and that is kinda why I probably didn't get a good enough feel for Clay's VA yet. But all we need is a Clay episode and that will change. I adjust to new voice actors fairly easily.

Edit: As someone said, Jack Spicer's VA just needs to get his girly scream down. But other then that, I thought his new VA was alright. Chase Young, no real complaints from his VA, though it is kinda strange that his reptile form now has hair :P
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 27th August 2013 at 9:36 PM.

Okay I think the name changes maybe due to copyright issues(I don't know, that's all I can think of)... which is weird but okay. Anyway, I'm convinced it's a rebooted sequel...
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Watched the first episode. Looks pretty interesting. Will have to check out more.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    DBZ English voice cast switche

Woahhh when did DBZ switch voices? Are you talking about Funimation or that Canada dub?

As for the show the voices really did not bug me. Kinda shocked the guy doing Clay did Protoman in NT Warrior. As for Kimiko not changing outfits I don't see why people are saying that. This 3 parter was connected and if I remember in connected eps she kept the same style she had. Really hoping this series gets merch and gets popular like AT and MLP. I know the first one had no merch but tbh that was 10 years ago and really none of those shows on Kids WB had merch.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonFan13 View Post
    Woahhh when did DBZ switch voices? Are you talking about Funimation or that Canada dub?

As for the show the voices really did not bug me. Kinda shocked the guy doing Clay did Protoman in NT Warrior. As for Kimiko not changing outfits I don't see why people are saying that. This 3 parter was connected and if I remember in connected eps she kept the same style she had. Really hoping this series gets merch and gets popular like AT and MLP. I know the first one had no merch but tbh that was 10 years ago and really none of those shows on Kids WB had merch.
    There was the card game which sunk to the bottom of the ocean in the blink of an eye and they made games for it.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Voice actor wise, I think they did pretty alright with what they had to work with. Raimundo sounded like a older version of himself, but it did help that the Xiaolin monks, minus Omi, look older and taller so it fit perfectly. Kimiko's new voice also worked for me, but I think it helped that she got lots of speaking time in the three episodes so I warmed up to her new voice fast and that is kinda why I probably didn't get a good enough feel for Clay's VA yet. But all we need is a Clay episode and that will change. I adjust to new voice actors fairly easily.

Edit: As someone said, Jack Spicer's VA just needs to get his girly scream down. But other then that, I thought his new VA was alright. Chase Young, no real complaints from his VA, though it is kinda strange that his reptile form now has hair :P
    XC was confirmed to be a Sequel series since all the monks are Shoku Warriors. Raimundo is probably still leader but just got shafted since Omi is still the main protagonist. Also (looking back and forth at XC and XS, Omi IS taller in XC and Tara Strong did deepen his voice a little, but not much.

I loved the premiere episodes, though. I loved this scene:

Jack Spicer:
    The Jacko is backo! Prepare for my dance of victory! And 5, 6, 7, 8!

Wuya:
    You're an embarrassment to evil everywhere!!
    Last edited by Kalos Adventurer; 30th August 2013 at 1:50 PM.

This has clearly been seen not as a reboot - but it also doesn't seem like a 100% sequel series either.

Why was Wu Ya in a spring, inside the box? And why isn't Raimundo the Leader anymore?

Putting this aside, the continuity was great.

My guess its because the WB still owns the rights to some of the things in Showdown, so they had to make some changes to avoid some legal issues. It's probably why some of the story was changed and why the Wu have different names.

As to why Raimundo isn't leader anymore, it's probably due to the fact that Showdown always perpetuated this idea that while the monks think they should think of themselves as individuals, they are always thought of as one. The same thing happened when they became Wudai Warriors. They all thought that only one of them will be chosen to rise in rank but in the end they were all treated as one so they all advanced.
    Last edited by deathseer; 28th August 2013 at 9:05 PM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Yes the names are still copyright to WB and something about Canadian law with the VA's outside of Tara Strong.

I do find it a bit funny that although it is a sequel, Omi and Raimundo have both gone back to their original personalities of when they were more immature.

Yeah. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is Chase Young's characterization. In Showdown, he was the ultimate villain without all the ham. He didn't just manically cackle and he certainly didn't give a damn about the Wu. He relied solely on his martial art skills and nothing else and you got the sense that there was a reason heroes and villains alike feared him. Now, they just upped the ham to 11 and he seems a little less threatening now.

Which is a shame because they gave Chase what I desperately wanted in Showdown. A competent female right hand. Wuya was watered down to a complete joke by the time Showdown was coming to a close. Yes, there were times when she succeeded, but for the most part, she was treated as comic relief like Jack and all the other villains besides Chase. This Willow girl is absolutely what I wanted. Sexy, confident, powerful, and wants nothing more to serve her master. And Chase seems to be quite fond if her as well and I don't seem him just tossing her aside like he did with everyone else and I hope against hope that they don't go that route by turning her against him like other series would do.

The two look like they become a powerful duo and give the monks a run for their money. But only if they start to bring Chase back to how he was before Chronicles, making him that serious threat that everyone knows to fear. But also not just see Willow as a pawn and toss her aside or treat her like dirt. I'm not saying he needs to pacify her, but acknowledge that she is an important piece to his quest to world conquest and that he can't just dismiss her.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Chronicles looks like it should be good judging from the 3 episodes XD aired. Willow/Shadow is looking like a good evil sidekick and seems smarter than Jack which I know isn't that hard to do. can't wait to see where they go from destroying the Xiaolin dojo since that kind of act would of made a great season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Yeah. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is Chase Young's characterization. In Showdown, he was the ultimate villain without all the ham. He didn't just manically cackle and he certainly didn't give a damn about the Wu. He relied solely on his martial art skills and nothing else and you got the sense that there was a reason heroes and villains alike feared him. Now, they just upped the ham to 11 and he seems a little less threatening now.

Which is a shame because they gave Chase what I desperately wanted in Showdown. A competent female right hand. Wuya was watered down to a complete joke by the time Showdown was coming to a close. Yes, there were times when she succeeded, but for the most part, she was treated as comic relief like Jack and all the other villains besides Chase. This Willow girl is absolutely what I wanted. Sexy, confident, powerful, and wants nothing more to serve her master. And Chase seems to be quite fond if her as well and I don't seem him just tossing her aside like he did with everyone else and I hope against hope that they don't go that route by turning her against him like other series would do.

The two look like they become a powerful duo and give the monks a run for their money. But only if they start to bring Chase back to how he was before Chronicles, making him that serious threat that everyone knows to fear. But also not just see Willow as a pawn and toss her aside or treat her like dirt. I'm not saying he needs to pacify her, but acknowledge that she is an important piece to his quest to world conquest and that he can't just dismiss her.
    I was always disappointed with how Wuya ended up by the end of Showdown. In the season 1 final and season 2 opener, it felt like Wuya was this unstoppable force that could not be beat, and at full power she was pretty untouchable. Omi had to go back in time and get Dashi for help. Then when she returns back to human form at the end of season 2, she is hardly a threat. Now, they did explain that Chase Young didn't return her to full power, how he managed to do that I don't know, but considering her threat level was severely down they might as well had just kept her in ghost form. Thankfully Chase Young greatly makes up for it as the ultimate villain of the series. Hopefully Willow will not get downgraded like Wuya did. She looks to be a very worthy foe, so I hope she and Chase Young continue to keep the threat level high.

One thing I'll say about adding a new Xiaolin monk to the team. I do not mind it, I actually like Ping Pong and I want to see what his Wood style will be like in contrast to the others, but it's interesting we're finally getting a 5th monk to the team. They teased the idea with Jermaine in Showdown, I always wondered what his element would have been.

I feel like Jermaine would have been a better choice than Ping Pong for the 5th Dragon and I could see him being the Dragon of Wood as well. I'm not too fond of Ping Pong and I really can't fathom why they chose to go with a re-skinned Omi instead of using an existing character. We saw this whole routine with the "Foreigner who isn't accustomed to different cultures" with Omi already. But I guess because Jermaine was already though of as a skilled warrior by the time Showdown was coming to a close, they didn't think he would mesh well with the other Dragons seeing how as they wanted them to assume teacher roles for this series instead of remaining students like in Showdown.

Also, with Lee Thompson Young's death, they would have had to find someone else to voice him anyways.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

[QUOTE=deathseer;16335873]I feel like Jermaine would have been a better choice than Ping Pong for the 5th Dragon and I could see him being the Dragon of Wood as well. I'm not too fond of Ping Pong and I really can't fathom why they chose to go with a re-skinned Omi instead of using an existing character. We saw this whole routine with the "Foreigner who isn't accustomed to different cultures" with Omi already. But I guess because Jermaine was already though of as a skilled warrior by the time Showdown was coming to a close, they didn't think he would mesh well with the other Dragons seeing how as they wanted them to assume teacher roles for this series instead of remaining students like in Showdown.

I agree, Jermaine would of made a better addition in my opinion. What's the point of making a clone of the main character.

While everyone sits here talking about Ping-Pong, characters personalities, VA's, etc... I'm sitting here wondering why Hannibal Roy Bean isn't in Chronicles?

Hannibal Roy Bean sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trend View Post
    Hannibal Roy Bean sucked.
    Maybe to you...

The Trend felt he was a joke villain. The Trend was already sick of that with Jack Spicer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast