View Poll Results: Which Starter Would You Pick?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bushewe

16 20.25%
  • Flameow

26 32.91%
  • Raptide

37 46.84%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mara Region-Fakedex, etc.

No opinions on the new batch I added to the dex?

Updated...

Can you post a link here? It's not showing up on the page. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    Can you post a link here? It's not showing up on the page. :P
    A link, what kind of link? Are the photos not showing up for you?

Aye, I can't see the photos.

That's strange...It might be your browser, what are you using?

Also, you could try viewing it here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=118608

So did that link work?

I enjoyed loking at these designs, though some of the names seem a bit generic. Leo, Leona and Flameow to name a few. Your drawing style is very good, and I think I could see quite a few of these in a proper game.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.

Thank you. ^^ I'll probably be changing names and redesigning a few of these when I've got them all down.

Updated...

UPDATED...again

Quote Originally Posted by NightKrazy View Post
    Repurposed Post

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2ib24jk.jpg[/IMG]
    #146 Terratal - Earth Spirit Pokemon Type: Ground
    Terratal is the legendary spirit of the Earth, and land in the Mara Region. It is said to have shaped the mountains, caves, and plains of Mara. It is supposedly found in a deep underground cave, where it remains dormant, always watching it's Water and Electric Type counterparts.

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2liihw5.jpg[/IMG]
    #148 Thuntal - Sky Spirit Pokemon Type: Electric
    It reins over all of Mara's skies. In legend it was said to have used come to Mara on a great thunderbolt that charred the ground for miles. A shrine was built to honor it because of this. It is said to live in the skies, watching everything below from a giant thundercloud.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/5nuqx.jpg[/IMG]
    #149 Quarzion - Sleek Pokemon Type: Cyber/Dragon
    In legends it was said to have given humans the first clues to creating modern technology. It is believed to live deep underground and possess the ability to tap into any technological device. It has hated Obsidiarz for many years.
    The 1st on reminds me of Terraion a bit, the 2nd reminds me of Raikou a bit, and the 3rd one looks a bit like Mewtwo. I'm not complaining just saying that. But these are amazing. You had to have put a long time into this.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

@NightKrazy

I took a gander at the updates, and I gotta say, you sure are something amazing when it comes to drawing. These Pokemon are friggin' awesome.

Game Freak outta hire you to help work with Gen VI for Pokemon designs.

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    The 1st on reminds me of Terraion a bit, the 2nd reminds me of Raikou a bit, and the 3rd one looks a bit like Mewtwo. I'm not complaining just saying that. But these are amazing. You had to have put a long time into this.
    Thanks. ^^ I did put a lot of time and effort into this. Territal is based only very minorly on Terrakion. Terratal was actually one of the hardest for me to design because of the awkward, bulky proportions. Raikou was an inspiration to Thuntal, but I wanted it to be different so I added the extra, upward pointing teeth. I also took a lot of inspiration for it from the Zozane Spectrobe in the Spectrobes games. I don't really see too much of a similarity to Mewtwo with Quarzion [mostly because I designed it], but I can see how others could.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    @NightKrazy

I took a gander at the updates, and I gotta say, you sure are something amazing when it comes to drawing. These Pokemon are friggin' awesome.

Game Freak outta hire you to help work with Gen VI for Pokemon designs.
    You know that's actually the second time I've been told that. It's kinda flattering in a way. I didn't think I was really good enough for that. ^^

Updated...

Awesome! You are amazing at drawing!
    My Platinum Monotype:
    White Team:

Thank you! ^^ I try my best.

These are really good Fakemon, especially considering they are hand drawn. My only problem is that:

a) you used a bunch of my Fakemon names (Tigrowl and Whollopby, for example, although mine was spelled Wallopy and was a juvenile of a different Pokemon) and if I use them now, people will complain I'm stealing them from you.

and b) Flappy. You have to consider, if Flappy's whole purpose is to land airplanes, why did it come about in the first place, before humans invented airplanes? Pokemon, when you think about it, are supposed to have ecological niches. Why develop something like glowing cone-heads and flag arms if your niche hasn't come about yet?

Of course, this is assuming Flappy is a natural Pokemon. If it was man-made, ignore b) completely.

Specifically, I really like the Addit line, the Hummini line, the Raptide line, the Tick tine, and the Nanite line. These are all really awesome. Nice job!
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-nogyroP View Post
    These are really good Fakemon, especially considering they are hand drawn. My only problem is that:

a) you used a bunch of my Fakemon names (Tigrowl and Whollopby, for example, although mine was spelled Wallopy and was a juvenile of a different Pokemon) and if I use them now, people will complain I'm stealing them from you.

and b) Flappy. You have to consider, if Flappy's whole purpose is to land airplanes, why did it come about in the first place, before humans invented airplanes? Pokemon, when you think about it, are supposed to have ecological niches. Why develop something like glowing cone-heads and flag arms if your niche hasn't come about yet?

Of course, this is assuming Flappy is a natural Pokemon. If it was man-made, ignore b) completely.

Specifically, I really like the Addit line, the Hummini line, the Raptide line, the Tick tine, and the Nanite line. These are all really awesome. Nice job!
    A) I didn't realize that you had used any of those names, though I can see how it's possible. I didn't steal them though. I don't mind if still use them, I could also help you come up with alternative names [or I could do that for my fakemon]. I actually decided on Whollopby because it is a combination of whollop and wallaby and I was using the stereotypical fighting kangaroo design from old cartoons. XD

B) Flappy is, in fact, man-made.

I was wondering if someone would like the Addit line, I thought it might be a little too strange to be turned into a Pokémon. XD

Updated! Logos added.

I have seven spaces left for regular, non-legendary Fakemon. Any suggestions? Anything you'd like to see me base a Fakemon off of?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they all seem like they're based of of animals from Australia and Africa. If that is the theme your going for i would suggest a platypus and/or an Ape/chimp
    My Platinum Monotype:
    White Team:

I actually have a Monkey Pokemon, I just haven't posted it yet. I could do a platypus.

Ok, so I'm just gonna ask this...does anyone have any ideas for town names? I have a few, but I need some more.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast