View Poll Results: Which Starter Would You Pick?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bushewe

16 20.25%
  • Flameow

26 32.91%
  • Raptide

37 46.84%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mara Region-Fakedex, etc.

UPDATED! Added Prof. Thornwood Concept!

Do you plan on adding the abilities or stats for these guys? Because if you do, Addit's line's abilities would have to be Aftermath(get it because math get it).
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-nogyroP View Post
    Do you plan on adding the abilities or stats for these guys? Because if you do, Addit's line's abilities would have to be Aftermath(get it because math get it).
    XD I will eventually come up with plenty of new abilities, but not quite yet.

Wow, incredible Fakedex! I feel inspired to complete mine now...

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Balin and Balung are so cool, good job on all of them. Some need work, but overall it's pretty amazing.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Team

I am running out of things to say.

Well, I think I've given all the praise I can, so some criticism-

- I think Apparaven and Crowtergeist look too similar. Apparaven just looks like a Crowtergeist with its wings open.

- The transition from Tick to Tock is a bit jarring, and I think Ticktock looks a bit too giraffe-like. I'd scrap Ticktock, make Tock the final stage in the evolution, and give a form in between to ease the transition.

- I know it's subjective, but I personally find Raptidal to be an incredible cop-out of a name for something that evolves from Raptide. Raptide and Velocunami, incidentally, I'm fine with, but I'd change Raptidal to Raptocean or something; I known that's not much better but it bugs me.

- On that matter, I think Zapet is a weird name too- I'm guessing it's a mix of zap and cricket, but it comes across as zap and pet. Staticrick isn't much better(again), but I think it would be a better name than Zapet.

I think that's it.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

This is MUCH more creative than what Nintendo has to offer. Churglass haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Wow, incredible Fakedex! I feel inspired to complete mine now...
    Do it! I want to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Macroboom View Post
    Balin and Balung are so cool, good job on all of them. Some need work, but overall it's pretty amazing.
    Yeah, I've changed Leo and Leona [I know those were two big ones] but I haven't posted them yet. I updated some of the others too.

I am running out of things to say.

Well, I think I've given all the praise I can, so some criticism-

- I think Apparaven and Crowtergeist look too similar. Apparaven just looks like a Crowtergeist with its wings open.

- The transition from Tick to Tock is a bit jarring, and I think Ticktock looks a bit too giraffe-like. I'd scrap Ticktock, make Tock the final stage in the evolution, and give a form in between to ease the transition.

- I know it's subjective, but I personally find Raptidal to be an incredible cop-out of a name for something that evolves from Raptide. Raptide and Velocunami, incidentally, I'm fine with, but I'd change Raptidal to Raptocean or something; I known that's not much better but it bugs me.

- On that matter, I think Zapet is a weird name too- I'm guessing it's a mix of zap and cricket, but it comes across as zap and pet. Staticrick isn't much better(again), but I think it would be a better name than Zapet.

I think that's it.
    Ah the criticism. I will take what you say seriously, and consider revising the designs.

-If you take a look at Apparaven's legs, crest, chest pattern, wing tips, and tail they are actually somewhat different from Crowtergeist's. Just saying. I know they're similar but I rather like their design.

-Ticktock actually looks more like a unicorn with claws to me, but that's just me. I know the transition is a little strange, but I made Tock's legs start to bend and gave it a more hunched shape to help with it. The dual clocks was another way to soften the transition. I rather like Ticktock. It happens to be one of my favorites.

-I know Raptidal is a pathetic name, but I couldn't come up with anything else. The whole line is named specifically after waves, so ocean seemed too broad a word. I wanted to do something with the word Wave, but nothing came to me. :/

-Zapet is, in fact, Zap and Cricket. I wanted something simple and cute, so it seemed appropriate. I'm not sure what I'd change it to. Krikectrik is an entirely different story. That's a mouthful [I probably just totally spelled that wrong too XD]. If anything I'd change that one if I could, but it fits well. Electric and Cricket combo.
    Last edited by NightKrazy; 17th July 2013 at 3:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram74 View Post
    This is MUCH more creative than what Nintendo has to offer. Churglass haha!
    XD Yeah. Church+Glass = Churglass. Church inspired Pokémon for the win.

Would anyone be interested in an Rp for this Region?

Quote Originally Posted by NightKrazy View Post
    Would anyone be interested in an Rp for this Region?
    I would, actually.

I haven't commented in a while because what I was going to say was pretty much just repeats of other posters, but I've kept up with your work, and I have to say, it's really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I would, actually.

I haven't commented in a while because what I was going to say was pretty much just repeats of other posters, but I've kept up with your work, and I have to say, it's really, really good.
    ^^ Thank you. THEN I SHALL POST IT!

Ok, so I decided to work on the rp a little more [I rushed too much to post it] so it won't actually be up for a while.

Would anyone be interested in helping me create trainer designs?

-Ticktock actually looks more like a unicorn with claws to me, but that's just me. I know the transition is a little strange, but I made Tock's legs start to bend and gave it a more hunched shape to help with it. The dual clocks was another way to soften the transition. I rather like Ticktock. It happens to be one of my favorites.
    Ah, I see now. I think, though, that giving Tock a hunched over shape is the wrong way to go about it. Maybe putting it in a sitting position, with lengthened arms but short legs, would ease the evolution a bit; you wouldn't even need to change it at all, just changing the position. The dual clocks and pendulum tail still look nice, though.

Ah, I see now. I think, though, that giving Tock a hunched over shape is the wrong way to go about it. Maybe putting it in a sitting position, with lengthened arms but short legs, would ease the evolution a bit; you wouldn't even need to change it at all, just changing the position. The dual clocks and pendulum tail still look nice, though.
    Oh, actually that could work. Are you suggesting a Nidorina-ish type pose? Or one similar to Caclaze and Grufpup?

If you would like to further support Pokémon and my Fakemon Region, please visit the PokeHunngry Community Forums and list Obliveon as your referrer!

Oh, actually that could work. Are you suggesting a Nidorina-ish type pose? Or one similar to Caclaze and Grufpup?
    Yeah, I think a Nidorina style pose would work well. Maybe swishing its tail in the air a bit?

Yeah, I think a Nidorina style pose would work well. Maybe swishing its tail in the air a bit?
    Ok. Sounds like a plan. ^^

These are FANTASTIC. I remember designing games a couple years back myself including an Obsidian and Quartz version but my artistic abilities are nearly nonexistent. Kudos to you and your artwork/game concepts.
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

Thank you! ^^ I'm currently looking for someone to sprite my dex, so if you know anyone willing let me know!

I just looked at your artwork and I have to say you are extremely talented. I have to start thinking about making my own fakemon dex again xD you have definitly inspired me I hope you make another one now that we have the fairy type now
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

UPDATE! Nurse Joy design added!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast