Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BW2 OU Rain Team

Default Let It Rain Over Me

This is a BW2 OU team. I've been working on this team for almost 2 weeks, and i wanted to know what you guys think about it. Here it is.

Politoed @Leftovers
    Timid Modest
    Drizzle
    252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
    Toxic, Encore, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump

Starter, as usual on rain team. Use encore, so then they switch and i poison the switch-in. I originally had a Choice set, so the EV's are similar to that, but they work well with this too. Was Modest, but it got outsped a lot, changed it to Timid and it's been working better.
    - Elightkinght said make it modest instead of timid

Keldeo-R @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Justified
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    Secret Sword, Calm Mind, Substitute, Hydro Pump

Was a SubSword set, Sub, then Calm Mind a bit, then sweep. Changed it to HP Ice because Keldeo-R is amazingly fast(also timid), so i can outspeed common threats. Also was Modest, changed it to Timid because other Keldeo-R's outsped it, so it's now almost as fast as it it powerful. The first time I saw Keldeo-R it was Choiced, and i have no idea why that person did that if they're going to Calm Mind or sweep, so changed it to leftovers. It has Substitute because it works to get a few Calm Minds on

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Thick Fat
    Jolly
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Stealth Rock, EQ

Mamoswine handles dragons and Thundurus-T, so it can pack quite a punch. It also can survive a hit, so it stays long in the battle.
    -Ninja Dewott suggested changing Ferrothorn to Mamoswine.

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    Rapid Spin, Hydro Pump, Thunder, Ice Beam

Spinner, yet sweeper. With a speed higher than it's SpA, it's really fast, almost as Tornadus-T. So it can outspeed lots of Pokemon. I use it to spin, then as a late-game sweeper when i can.

Tornadus-T @ Lide Orb
    Timid
    Regenerator
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    Heat Wave, Hurricane, Superpower, U-turn

Awesomely fast. With that 375 Speed, you can outspeed most Pokemon. I use Heat Wave for Ferrothorns and stuff like that, and just regenerate Life Orb damage and regular damage upon switchout. I use a U-Turn combo with Scizor(coming up next), and used to have Hammer Arm before Superpower, wanna know what you guys think.

Scizor @ Choice band Life Orb
    Adamant
    Technician
    4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    U-Turn, Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Superpower

With the proper speed investment, it can sweep pretty nicely, also with Bullet Punch. If my opponent lets me get a Swords Dance or two, I can sweep pretty easily too. I used to have Roost instead of Superpower, but I switched when I was recommended to. I wanna know what you guys think about that too.
    -Duranteater said switch Choice Band for Life Orb

Well, that's my rain team. I want to know what needs to be done. It's base is Hyper-Offensive, but it's a bit more defensive after the changes i made. Please rate and comment!
    Last edited by Skarm™; 13th August 2012 at 2:09 PM.

~Credits to myself~

If your running Swords Dance, I switch out Choice Band for Life Orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    If your running Swords Dance, I switch out Choice Band for Life Orb.
    ok thanks for the info

~Credits to myself~

Skamory, I was wrong Thundurus Therian WASN'T UBER *facepalm* so if Tornadus Therian doesn't work out try Thundurus Therian with
    Thunder
    HP Ice
    Focus Blast
    and a fourth move
    I also use a timid nature with 4 EV in HP, 252 in Sp.Atk, and 252 in Speed
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 28th July 2012 at 6:15 PM.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    Skamory, I was wrong Thundurus Therian WASN'T UBER *facepalm* so if Tornadus Therian doesn't work out try Thundurus Therian with
    Thunder
    HP Ice
    Focus Blast
    and a fourth move
    I also use a timid nature with 4 EV in HP, 252 in Sp.Atk, and 252 in Speed
    i found out is wasnt uber a long time ago, but i think i'll keep tornadus, considering it is faster and it has heat wave, which i use often.

EDIT: somebody told me to trade starmie for jirachi. what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Skarm™; 28th July 2012 at 9:30 PM.

~Credits to myself~

You have quite a large weakness to electric type attacks and, as such, many Joltoen will have no problem with your team (especially when Ferro's down) and Scarf Thundurus-Therian has a field day against this team.

I suggest using LO Mamo. It checks your electric weakness, as well as being a wonderful anti-meta pokemon atm. If Mamo doesn't quite float your boat, you could use Gastrodon, but be aware that many Thundurus-Ts carry Grass Knot.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    You have quite a large weakness to electric type attacks and, as such, many Joltoen will have no problem with your team (especially when Ferro's down) and Scarf Thundurus-Therian has a field day against this team.

I suggest using LO Mamo. It checks your electric weakness, as well as being a wonderful anti-meta pokemon atm. If Mamo doesn't quite float your boat, you could use Gastrodon, but be aware that many Thundurus-Ts carry Grass Knot.
    thing is, what do i switch for mamoswine. and i used to run gastrodon, but put it back for that very reason. also, what's LO?
    Last edited by Skarm™; 28th July 2012 at 11:26 PM.

~Credits to myself~

Quote Originally Posted by Skamory7 View Post
    i found out is wasnt uber a long time ago, but i think i'll keep tornadus, considering it is faster and it has heat wave, which i use often.

EDIT: somebody told me to trade starmie for jirachi. what do you guys think?
    Starmie is important for spinning away hazards, but some rain teams do carry Jirachi if you were to ever carry one I'd recommend having one with body slam to para-hax Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T.

Starmie is important for spinning away hazards, but some rain teams do carry Jirachi if you were to ever carry one I'd recommend having one with body slam to para-hax Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T.
    i was thinking calm mind, thunder, sub, and psychock, because with serene grace, thunder has a good chance of paralyzing anyways

~Credits to myself~

i was thinking calm mind, thunder, sub, and psychock, because with serene grace, thunder has a good chance of paralyzing anyways
    Thundurus-T has volt absorb it would just gain health from it. Body Slam also hits ground types that switch in on it.

Thundurus-T has volt absorb it would just gain health from it. Body Slam also hits ground types that switch in on it.
    true, but still

~Credits to myself~

thing is, what do i switch for mamoswine. and i used to run gastrodon, but put it back for that very reason. also, what's LO?
    LO is just shorthand for Life Orb, i.e. a Mamoswine that holds a life orb. I'll give you the full set actually:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Thick Fat
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash/Spear
    - Earthquake

Just noticed you have no Stealth Rock User, so Mamo covers this well. Max Speed allows it to outspeed many threats, some of which won't be expecting you to outspeed them. Ice Shard is great revenge-killing priority and the other two moves are main STABs.

As for what to replace, I'd personally say Keldeo. But you can replace whatever you're finding least effective out of your Pokemon that don't already resist electric.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    LO is just shorthand for Life Orb, i.e. a Mamoswine that holds a life orb. I'll give you the full set actually:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Thick Fat
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash/Spear
    - Earthquake

Just noticed you have no Stealth Rock User, so Mamo covers this well. Max Speed allows it to outspeed many threats, some of which won't be expecting you to outspeed them. Ice Shard is great revenge-killing priority and the other two moves are main STABs.

As for what to replace, I'd personally say Keldeo. But you can replace whatever you're finding least effective out of your Pokemon that don't already resist electric.
    ill try that, post the results soon after i test it.

EDIT: wow, that was a really good run!
    Last edited by Skarm™; 29th July 2012 at 5:42 PM.

~Credits to myself~

Don't run Calm Mind and Substitute on the same set. Drop one for Wish. I run Calm-Wish Jirachi on my rain team and I love it. I saw it often in Gen 4, but despite the fact that Psyshock only improved the set this gen, every Jirachi I see is Paraflinch. It's literally never failed me. Sure, I've lost a couple matches with it, but Jirachi's always taken out one or two Pokemon for me.

Also, why do you have Heat Wave on your rain-team Tornadus-T? Your goal is to have rain up right? So why use fire? Switch it to Dark Pulse. Again, that Tornadus-T is on my rain team and again, it always does well.

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    Don't run Calm Mind and Substitute on the same set. Drop one for Wish. I run Calm-Wish Jirachi on my rain team and I love it. I saw it often in Gen 4, but despite the fact that Psyshock only improved the set this gen, every Jirachi I see is Paraflinch. It's literally never failed me. Sure, I've lost a couple matches with it, but Jirachi's always taken out one or two Pokemon for me.

Also, why do you have Heat Wave on your rain-team Tornadus-T? Your goal is to have rain up right? So why use fire? Switch it to Dark Pulse. Again, that Tornadus-T is on my rain team and again, it always does well.
    ill see with the jirchi, and when you said it never failed you meant your original rachi set, right? and as for heatwave, its because i commonly use it on ferrothorn and foretress

~Credits to myself~

Yeah, CM/Wish. I wouldn't be able to tell you how Thunder works with Serene Grace because so little I've used it on has survived. Psyshock wrecks Chansey and Blissey (but who uses Blissey these days?)

There is a major problem in your team, you have to many electric weakness so if ferrothron dies thun t will sweep your entire time with thunder since it kos everything and it is faster, rotom w will also give your team a hard time volt switching all the time, you could replace starmie with dophan because it cant be hit by thunder and if you are battleing a water pokemon you can switch to ferro or any water type to take damage but you still have to work out to see if rotom w is scafed due to to can use thunder and hydropump, but remember not all teams need spinners and you can prevent them by trying to set up sword dance or calm mind which will make them switch if not then you sweep them.

3ds fc 1349 6822 3907 oras ign Chopper , credit goes to Sworn Metalhead and 00swms the amazing banners.

Quote Originally Posted by Rairyan View Post
    There is a major problem in your team, you have to many electric weakness so if ferrothron dies thun t will sweep your entire time with thunder since it kos everything and it is faster, rotom w will also give your team a hard time volt switching all the time, you could replace starmie with dophan because it cant be hit by thunder and if you are battleing a water pokemon you can switch to ferro or any water type to take damage but you still have to work out to see if rotom w is scafed due to to can use thunder and hydropump, but remember not all teams need spinners and you can prevent them by trying to set up sword dance or calm mind which will make them switch if not then you sweep them.
    if you read earlier comments, you would have seen i took out ferrothorn for mamoswine w/ ice shard, getting that t-thundurus. my team's worked great since then, EXCEPT when battlin rotom-w. but HP grass or power whip is the only way, as there really arent any other grass pokemon on OU that fit on a rain team, so which one? and also, what about an abomosnow without snow warning?

and loco, how bout this set:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Modest/ Timid
    Serene Grace
    112 Def, 252 SpA, 112 SpD, 32 Spe
    CM, Thunder, Psyshock, Wish

I probably messed the EV's up, but i was trying to find some that could give it a survival on some hits it will take. What do you think?
    Last edited by Skarm™; 13th August 2012 at 2:07 PM.

~Credits to myself~

That's the exact moveset I use, I just run a special sweeper EV spread on it. But if you're going for something bulky, I'd take what you're already splitting between your defenses and dump it into HP. I'm not really someone you want to ask about specialized EV spreads though.

Don't run Calm Mind and Substitute on the same set.
    WHAT.

In the early days of BW2, SubCM Jirachi was easily, and I mean so laughably easily, the best Pokemon in the Metagame. It checked and/or set up on all the common threats in the Metagame, including all the new Pokes that people started using. I was fortunate enough to be told about it before most people and the number of teams I swept with it alone had to be seen to be believed. Although, CM Jirachi is 'out-there' now (ie most people know about it) people have incorporated ways of countering it in their teams, so I guess it's less good now. Still, it is still able to check numerous things in the metagame.

Ice Cold Fire

In the early days of BW2, SubCM Jirachi was easily, and I mean so laughably easily, the best Pokemon in the Metagame.
    Really? I never saw a single Jirachi at that time bar Paraflinch. Back in the days of DPPT, it was either Sub/Wish or CM/Wish.

Just by glancing at this team I can tell that it is rather incoherent. You lack a solid wall that can continuously take hits and wall common threats. I suggest running a Ferrothorn somewhere in this team, it has great synergy with rain as well as being one of the premier walls that this generation has to offer.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    Impish Nature (+Def, - SAtk)
    ~ Power Whip
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Thunder Wave

It adds some much needed bulk and resistance to your team. Entry hazards come in handy when you have your opponent switching out a lot and late game. Thunder Wave on the switch to paralyze whatever they bring in to kill it, giving you a turn of set-up.

Definitely did not notice the lack of a Ferrothorn, or I'd have mentioned that as well xD. Kingdra hit it right on the head though, Ferrothorn's a great Pokemon for almost any team but it's at its best in Rain. Definitely agreeing with working it in somewhere.

Definitely did not notice the lack of a Ferrothorn, or I'd have mentioned that as well xD. Kingdra hit it right on the head though, Ferrothorn's a great Pokemon for almost any team but it's at its best in Rain. Definitely agreeing with working it in somewhere.
    i tried ferrothorn, it really dosent do good with thes certain pokes

~Credits to myself~

This team has just so many defensive holes without it, nothing on your team is really designed to constantly take hits. Even with a Rapid Spinner, the damage from entry hazards will stack up.

And just a side note; Choice Band Terrakion will OHKO everything except Starmie and Tornadus with Close Combat, who still take 70.1% - 82.8% and 64.3% - 76% respectively. With the factor of entry hazards and such he also has the possibility to OHKO, or leave them as easy pickings for another Pokemon.
    Last edited by [Kingdra]; 16th August 2012 at 2:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast