Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: How will the world be affected by China ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    30

    Default How will the world be affected by China ?

    China is one of the old civilisations of the world . It was a superpower 500 years ago under the Ming dynasty . Now around 30 years after Mao Zedong
    China has emerged as a superpower again . This year China will have a change in the leadership . China opened it market to the world in the late 1970s and has been the fastest growing economies since . China, along with Vietnam, North Korea, Laos, and Cuba, is one of the five remaining official communist states in the world . It is one of the few economies that has not been affected by the economic turmoil . The South China Sea , Tibet & Taiwan are controversies surrounding China .
    The question is how the world will be affected by China in the coming years .
    China is a strict country . It is the first time that a developing country will be counted with developed countries as a super power which is quite a good thing . I say we should have controlled approach to its growth as in India they have a problem over Arunachal Pradesh . We should invest in the growth but also keep an eye on what is happening . Like all countries it has conquered Tibet so it will want more . I have mixed thoughts when I think about China .
    So what are your thoughts .
    Last edited by 609Chandelure; 28th August 2012 at 4:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default

    I personally think china will fall because of their arrogance. They might have the strongest economy because of their progressive nature.
    Though im not sure in the future this could work out well. I say this because theirs soo many places in china that have acid rain for example.
    This has been directly linked to the pollution gained from over production of varies things. The Leshan buddha statue is evidence of this because the government
    fights hard to conserve it but its well known to a lot that the nose of this statue is ready to fall of because of the damage already done.

    With this said they'll still be the greatest nation in the future, but the state of their country and land might become utterly devastated.
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 28th August 2012 at 3:38 PM.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    908

    Default

    The way I see it, China is precariously placed on a precipice and is set to fall at any moment. The history of China is ripe with revolt and uprisings and we can see this tradition is still alive today. In 1989 there were protest in Tienanmen square and even in recent years there was the "Jasmine revolution." The people of China can only be oppressed and dragged along for so long before their anger spills over. The only reason the situation has not erupted yet is because the Chinese economy is so strong. This has given hope to the billion people that their lives will get better. Once these people realize that the situation is rapidly deteriorating, things will come to a head. As I see it, if China's strong economy ever slows, there will be mass revolts against the Communist party. The only way for the government to avoid this would be to slowly implement reforms to alleviate the growing gap between the rich and the poor, and to help support the masses of poor. Interior development of the country will be needed too as the inland looks like a scene from an African village while Shanghai looks like Manhattan. If the government does not implement slow reforms to improve the life of the Chinese citizenry, the citizenry will take matters into their own hands. This is the inevitable process of growth and development that all countries face. The issue was the same with Japan several years ago, where Japan was set to over take America as a super power and global economy. However, just like in China, the middle class was small and unsupported, their economic bubble burst, reforms were needed and implemented, and grow slowed. America had the same issue in the Great Depression and has sense over come this hurdle to development (although we seem adamant about undoing all that we have done and returning to that state, but I digress). Countries that wish to have sustained growth will need to go through the same process and this will inevitably slow their growth and level it out.

    China is more of a threat to itself then to the world and China needs to handle it's domestic issues before it can handle international issues.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Digital World
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    China is more of a threat to itself then to the world and China needs to handle it's domestic issues before it can handle international issues.
    I like what you said here, and it is just outright true.

    The history of China within the recent 200 years became much more complicated than its ancient Emperor Era, especially since the current Communist Party started to rule (usurp) the government of China.
    The current China under the ruling of Communist Party had became the world's fastest growing country, with the world's top GDP and the greatest amount of factories producing all sorts of products exporting to world-wide. Yes, China seems to have excessive economy power, but in fact, it is a tiger without teeth, it looks intimidating but not very harmful to the world, the most it can do is just roar.

    China in the inside, is a country with the top corruption among the world. The corruption is just like HIV (currently cureless, and gradually weaken the body) where currently up to the intermediate stage that symptoms are visible. The corruption worsen the citizens' daily livelihood, because the money that suppose to give to the social welfare services were almost eaten by the corruption. The internal economic gap between the poor and the rich is getting worst every year, but the government didn't do much work to solve the situation. Also, the corruption happens not only within the government, but also in almost all governmental business. The thing that most businesses saw is only money, hence in order to get the greatest profit within the quickest time, building constructions were done without consideration of environmental conservation, cheap substitute substances that were hazardous to environmental and human body were used for manufacturing products, chemicals were used to urge domestic animal to grew faster.... And for most provincial government, physical reputation is the first priority in their job list, so many gorgeous and unnecessary yet money-wasting and low-quality building were built, and in order to get the land for such building, the estate agents can go destroy the house of normal citizens and forcefully drive them away from the home they living in.
    In China, the poorer you are, the more (yes, more) tax you need to pay, whereas the government employees do not need to pay taxes and rates. Moreover, if you are working in a higher position the in the government and/or governmental business, you will be providing house to live and car to drive, with absolutely free of charge! (well, the tax payers pay for it though) The government have a expenditure rule where state servants may pay their expenses with the money from national exchequer, they don't need to pay from their own pocket. On the opposite, the normal citizen in China has the lowest purchasing power among all developing country. Even those that are working in the cities, most can't even feed their stomach to full with their monthly salary.

    Well, long story short, citizens' livelihood in China is extremely precarious, a social grudge towards the government is currently growing gradually. For the one who knew the Tian'anmen incident in 4th June 1989, that was in fact an outburst of citizens' social grudge towards the China government during the past. It seems that current China Communist Party (CCP) also acknowledge their unstable public situation within its own country, they are now focusing more on the internal affairs rather than international affairs. Regarding on the changing of leader of CCP within the recent future, doesn't matter who they'll select for the next one, it will not cause any impact to China's internal and international image, it will still be the same China as it is.

    Ah, I just now remembered that recently, there happened an incident of a group of Hong Kongers landing on Senkaku Islands (also known as Diaoyu Islands from the China's view), which causes the relationship between China and Japan worsen again. China currently having fierce debate between Japan that that isles was belonged to China, and seems like tending to intervene via military force if Japan does not agree its dominion over that isles; on the other side, US will provide military support to Japan provided that this problem end up in military warfare. However, just like I said before, China currently is a tiger without teeth where it just excel in roaring, it will not have the guts to initiate the first attack.

    From the international standpoint, China had never been an actual military treat towards the developed countries, its superpower was mainly due to its economic power. However, before it can become a treat towards the international world, it will most probably be ruined first by its internal national problems, which includes poverty in rural and partially city area, population aging problem, corruption, environmental pollutions, etc.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the fog.
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Wait, what is your definition of "superpower"?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    30

    Default

    A superpower is a state with a dominant position in the international system which has the ability to influence events and its own interests and project power on a worldwide scale to protect those interests. A superpower is traditionally considered to be a step higher than a great power.
    .
    Last edited by 609Chandelure; 13th September 2012 at 2:16 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the fog.
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I'm not sure China would necessarily qualify as a superpower then, because their naval capabilities are still brown water.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Wait- there's still more to this earth further west? Tallyho, let's go colonize China!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dryzera View Post
    I'm not sure China would necessarily qualify as a superpower then, because their naval capabilities are still brown water.
    They are typically referred to as an economic superpower since their military is ... not quite that threatening technologically. The last I heard (granted, it has been quite awhile since I looked into it) their greatest military achievement was launching an aircraft carrier 67 YEARS after aircraft carriers decided the outcome of the naval conflict in WWII. Further still, their huge naval success was nothing more than a Cold War era modified Russian aircraft carrier. So, yeah, China is an *economic* superpower (that I still say is on ther verge of imploding into itself) and far from a military threat outside of southeast Asia.

    They are trying though, and they are getting a little pushy, but they are in danger of over reacting and over exerting themselves.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in the souther. U.S.
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I like what you said here, and it is just outright true.

    The history of China within the recent 200 years became much more complicated than its ancient Emperor Era, especially since the current Communist Party started to rule (usurp) the government of China.
    The current China under the ruling of Communist Party had became the world's fastest growing country, with the world's top GDP and the greatest amount of factories producing all sorts of products exporting to world-wide. Yes, China seems to have excessive economy power, but in fact, it is a tiger without teeth, it looks intimidating but not very harmful to the world, the most it can do is just roar.

    China in the inside, is a country with the top corruption among the world. The corruption is just like HIV (currently cureless, and gradually weaken the body) where currently up to the intermediate stage that symptoms are visible. The corruption worsen the citizens' daily livelihood, because the money that suppose to give to the social welfare services were almost eaten by the corruption. The internal economic gap between the poor and the rich is getting worst every year, but the government didn't do much work to solve the situation. Also, the corruption happens not only within the government, but also in almost all governmental business. The thing that most businesses saw is only money, hence in order to get the greatest profit within the quickest time, building constructions were done without consideration of environmental conservation, cheap substitute substances that were hazardous to environmental and human body were used for manufacturing products, chemicals were used to urge domestic animal to grew faster.... And for most provincial government, physical reputation is the first priority in their job list, so many gorgeous and unnecessary yet money-wasting and low-quality building were built, and in order to get the land for such building, the estate agents can go destroy the house of normal citizens and forcefully drive them away from the home they living in.
    In China, the poorer you are, the more (yes, more) tax you need to pay, whereas the government employees do not need to pay taxes and rates. Moreover, if you are working in a higher position the in the government and/or governmental business, you will be providing house to live and car to drive, with absolutely free of charge! (well, the tax payers pay for it though) The government have a expenditure rule where state servants may pay their expenses with the money from national exchequer, they don't need to pay from their own pocket. On the opposite, the normal citizen in China has the lowest purchasing power among all developing country. Even those that are working in the cities, most can't even feed their stomach to full with their monthly salary.

    Well, long story short, citizens' livelihood in China is extremely precarious, a social grudge towards the government is currently growing gradually. For the one who knew the Tian'anmen incident in 4th June 1989, that was in fact an outburst of citizens' social grudge towards the China government during the past. It seems that current China Communist Party (CCP) also acknowledge their unstable public situation within its own country, they are now focusing more on the internal affairs rather than international affairs. Regarding on the changing of leader of CCP within the recent future, doesn't matter who they'll select for the next one, it will not cause any impact to China's internal and international image, it will still be the same China as it is.

    Ah, I just now remembered that recently, there happened an incident of a group of Hong Kongers landing on Senkaku Islands (also known as Diaoyu Islands from the China's view), which causes the relationship between China and Japan worsen again. China currently having fierce debate between Japan that that isles was belonged to China, and seems like tending to intervene via military force if Japan does not agree its dominion over that isles; on the other side, US will provide military support to Japan provided that this problem end up in military warfare. However, just like I said before, China currently is a tiger without teeth where it just excel in roaring, it will not have the guts to initiate the first attack.

    From the international standpoint, China had never been an actual military treat towards the developed countries, its superpower was mainly due to its economic power. However, before it can become a treat towards the international world, it will most probably be ruined first by its internal national problems, which includes poverty in rural and partially city area, population aging problem, corruption, environmental pollutions, etc.
    All completely right but for one fact. We do now have a cure for aids =p. (And more or less, a cure for cancer, though we can't call it that yet.)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lala Land!
    Posts
    907

    Default

    China can't even help its own people. Like food poisoning, polluted waters, fighting for tiny islands etc.

    And being egotistic, I don't think they are up to the task.
    I am a double specialist. 3DS FC: 2878 9875 2043 and my friend safari consists of Shuppet, Phantump and Dusclops. Feel free to add my FC and please message me yours too! Greenwich Mean Time+8

    "I battle to have fun, thus I battle to lose." (sizida's philosophy)


    Thanks dratinitamer for the kickbutt siggy!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the Matrix
    Posts
    25

    Default

    The American Empire has a rival and a successor.

    A new empire to lay the iron boot into its people, to steal resources, exploit the third world, to invest in newer ways to kill people, newer ways to domesticate its population, newer ways to continue corruption, wage pointless wars for economic gain of the few, to pass draconian laws and support dictators while tut-tuting at the behavior of others. Aside from technology and language, what is the real difference between China of today and the British Empire? What is the real difference between the American, Soviet and Chinese (circa 2008) empires?

    We're still going to have geopolitics where power and economics supersede humanism and dignity; we're still going to have dictators of small countries being supported by the powerful countries in return for influence and trading rights; we're still going to have wars and oppression.

    China will be the supreme power for a couple of generations until India overtakes, then India will have someone else leap over them and the cycle continues. No one and no people can remain at the top forever.
    And do you think that unto such as you;
    A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
    God gave the secret, and denied it me?--
    Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too.
    ~Omar al-Khayyām, poet of Persia.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Morgan Freeman's house
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Hmm how will the world be affected by China hmm. I am guessing we will rely on them to much, and that will be our downfall, and if we get in a war with them the cheaply made guns and we will lose that war :P



    3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

    I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

    Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

    FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    GMT -4
    Posts
    975

    Default

    I hate to come in here sounding like some kind of wanton American nationalist, but what people say about the dents in China's armor are very real. They still have large swaths of their population living in relative poverty, they are set to suffer environmental blow back particularly in their water sources. Then you have the issue that as the Chinese people receive more money they have begun to demand a more democratic gov't which will weaken a Chinese threat. Unrest at home is bad for action abroad. Then there is the demographic issues raised by the one child policy and negative population growth that will begin to hit China in 20-30 odd years if i remember correctly.

    Then we look at China militarily they just launched their first air craft carrier. That is not impressive for a supposed super power you all knock China up to be. China in the 21st century will likely not eclipse the U.S economically or if she does it will not be in a substantial fashion. China's ability to project power is similarly limited. The most likely conflict would be a naval engagement in the South China Sea between either the Chinese Navy and the far weaker Vietnamese or so on followed by a possible engagement with the U.S. 7th fleet which would likely end in Chinese rout anywhere in the near future. The 7th fleet is the largest U.S. forward fleet. It is stationed out of Japan. While the closest thing to a modern naval war we have seen is the Falklands it would likely be similarly one sided.

    Having said all that it is in neither China or the U.S. interest to enter war with one another so don't expect any hegemonic struggles. Neither power is or will be a hegemon in the near future.

    Great power war is almost impossible in the modern era due to nuclear power as well so do not expect a full out war. The most you will get is something like a naval war or defense of some country, but China is not going to invade its neighbors so don't expect that.

    Also I think it is an error to call any country in the modern arrangement a super power even the U.S. at least as I understand IR terms. We are living in a multipolar world that is in flux. No nation or group of them can enforce international law or stability. The rising countries are still to weak or disinterested and the historically strong are occupied with events at home. No one should lose sleep over China.
    The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    To Kill A Mockingbird

    It is no matter, let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew, and dog will have his day.
    Hamlet Act V Scene I

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Where I shouldn't be.
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyula View Post
    The American Empire has a rival and a successor.

    A new empire to lay the iron boot into its people, to steal resources, exploit the third world, to invest in newer ways to kill people, newer ways to domesticate its population, newer ways to continue corruption, wage pointless wars for economic gain of the few, to pass draconian laws and support dictators while tut-tuting at the behavior of others. Aside from technology and language, what is the real difference between China of today and the British Empire? What is the real difference between the American, Soviet and Chinese (circa 2008) empires?

    We're still going to have geopolitics where power and economics supersede humanism and dignity; we're still going to have dictators of small countries being supported by the powerful countries in return for influence and trading rights; we're still going to have wars and oppression.

    China will be the supreme power for a couple of generations until India overtakes, then India will have someone else leap over them and the cycle continues. No one and no people can remain at the top forever.
    Noam Chomsky's dick is so far down your throat I can hear the gagging noises all the way from here.

    On to a more salient point though, it is interesting to see how people have misconceptions of China's supposed strength and standing on a world stage. Even looking at their rise to the spotlight economically, everyone and their dog knows no country can maintain a staggering 8% economic growth per year, forever. The edge of the cliff is coming, it's just a question of when they'll fall over it.
    Last edited by Wytrex; 19th October 2012 at 3:52 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Some Classy Bar
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    You do realize if China falls, the world will fall. China is basically holding up the world's economy these days. So I would consider it a major power.

    Let's take Australia for an example, they survived because of a mining boom that happened to be in the right time, a massive budget surplus left by the Howard Government and China's boom. So if China weren't strong, then Australia would have been in a recession which they weren't. To the user that said that China's economy is on the verge of imploding is something I disagree with. Sure it has slowed but it is meeting forecasts, there is growth and I doubt they will in the situation that Japan was/currently still in with stagnating growth. If anything the Chinese economy is stabilizing.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

    Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Where I shouldn't be.
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treespyro View Post
    You do realize if China falls, the world will fall. China is basically holding up the world's economy these days. So I would consider it a major power.

    Let's take Australia for an example, they survived because of a mining boom that happened to be in the right time, a massive budget surplus left by the Howard Government and China's boom. So if China weren't strong, then Australia would have been in a recession which they weren't. To the user that said that China's economy is on the verge of imploding is something I disagree with. Sure it has slowed but it is meeting forecasts, there is growth and I doubt they will in the situation that Japan was/currently still in with stagnating growth. If anything the Chinese economy is stabilizing.
    I'm sure the U.S. is capable of making it's own crappy led toys. You seem to be under this delusion that the world is hopelessly globalized, that if one domino falls, everything else will suddenly ignite in hellfire. It simply isn't the case. While the U.S. isn't growing as rapidly as China is, it is still the worlds largest economy. The U.S. experienced its worst recession since the great depression, and yet, the world is still spinning. Why? It's because the sting resulting from economic fall out is temporary. Governments regroup, pool their resources, and invest in other venues.

    As far as your opinion on China's economy stabilizing, it's fine you hold that view, but most people worth their salt in an economic arena don't hold that view.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/the-t...akdown-2011-10

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Some Classy Bar
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wytrex View Post
    I'm sure the U.S. is capable of making it's own crappy led toys. You seem to be under this delusion that the world is hopelessly globalized, that if one domino falls, everything else will suddenly ignite in hellfire. It simply isn't the case. While the U.S. isn't growing as rapidly as China is, it is still the worlds largest economy. The U.S. experienced its worst recession since the great depression, and yet, the world is still spinning. Why? It's because the sting resulting from economic fall out is temporary. Governments regroup, pool their resources, and invest in other venues.

    As far as your opinion on China's economy stabilizing, it's fine you hold that view, but most people worth their salt in an economic arena don't hold that view.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/the-t...akdown-2011-10
    Well I'm not delusional because that kind of did happen with the Global Financial Crisis. It affected every country in the world. Still lingers with the Euro at the moment.

    There are many views when one does economics, if there is one view then there would be any problems right? Also your proof is outdated by about a year, the world changes that quickly. 7.5% at the end of the third quarter of 2012 suggests that even though it is slowing in growth, there is no suggestion that there will be any collapse in China. Exports grew 9.9% in the third quarter as well as infrastructure. The Government is well aware of this which is why they are softening on the their monetary and fiscal policy.

    Also you state that the U.S. would be able to make it's own toys? Well they can but it is about business. A business wants to maximize profits and with China having low labour costs, it is easier for a business to go to China and increase productivity while decreasing costs. Also consider that the US has expensive labour costs, so retrenching will cost a business a lot of money.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

    Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Where I shouldn't be.
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treespyro View Post
    Well I'm not delusional because that kind of did happen with the Global Financial Crisis. It affected every country in the world. Still lingers with the Euro at the moment.

    There are many views when one does economics, if there is one view then there would be any problems right? Also your proof is outdated by about a year, the world changes that quickly. 7.5% at the end of the third quarter of 2012 suggests that even though it is slowing in growth, there is no suggestion that there will be any collapse in China. Exports grew 9.9% in the third quarter as well as infrastructure. The Government is well aware of this which is why they are softening on the their monetary and fiscal policy.

    Also you state that the U.S. would be able to make it's own toys? Well they can but it is about business. A business wants to maximize profits and with China having low labour costs, it is easier for a business to go to China and increase productivity while decreasing costs. Also consider that the US has expensive labour costs, so retrenching will cost a business a lot of money.
    Okay, I don't really know what to tell you if you aren't even going to read or address any pertinent information but dismiss it as outdated, despite the fact that the problems mentioned within the article are still present today and confirmed by many other more up to date sources. "Yeah, well your source is a year old and there are lots of economic views out there." is just not a way to have any sort of discussion.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Some Classy Bar
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    That wasn't my basis on my argument. I stated that information being outdated can give a picture that isn't what it is now. I mean China is still having exponential growth that countries dream of. Also China doesn't only rely on exports, so their economy is developing. I am not denying that there is a problem with the 'widening gap' of the Chinese banks being unfair on the lower class by ripping them off or that is there no corruption because we do know there is rampant corruption in China. What I'm stating is that China's economy is stabilizing in growth, there will be a time where they will have an aging labour force but that will not happen for quite sometime. There is also a chance that it could lead to another Japan but for that to happen, China needs to grow even more. They knew that with their exports to Europe dropping off, that they would have to invest in infrastructure which they had with 12.9% approx. With the Chinese economy looking good in the short run, this is helping Brazil, Africa and Australia immensely with the latter growing around 3.8% while America and Japan aren't doing that great and Europe? Oh dear.

    Also China doesn't rely on borrowing but their resources, However China will need to lift protection with private investment and reform but there is a good chance that will happen. I do not see doom and gloom in China's future at all.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

    Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    593

    Default

    While China is definitely emerging as a fearful and threatening economic and military power, the social construction of China will never work due to the failed education system, which forces children to be walking calculators instead of imaginative human beings. This is not conducive to revolutionizing business or creating a safe country. While they are feared for now, this system of academic grinding and lack of individualism will be their downfall.

    Just my opinion.


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    GMT -4
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Again I don't want to sound like some kind of jingoist, but people keep calling China a fearful military power. You have no reason to fear the Chinese military unless your invading then you have a problem of a very large number of troops being mobilized. Remember never get in a land war in Asia, China is one of the reasons for that. Any military conflict you have reason to be afraid of would be a war in the Pacific involving one or a series of naval engagements. China currently lacks the navy to face the likes of of the U.S. which is where most of the people posting here sit. By all means worry about China's unsustainable growth, but for goodness sake don't be afraid of their military. China is certainly on the rise, but I don't see the surpassing the U.S. in the way the the U.S. surpassed Britain in the 20th century. In the modern day and age it is almost impossible to disrupt the balance of powers.
    The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    To Kill A Mockingbird

    It is no matter, let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew, and dog will have his day.
    Hamlet Act V Scene I

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironknight42 View Post
    Again I don't want to sound like some kind of jingoist, but people keep calling China a fearful military power. You have no reason to fear the Chinese military unless your invading then you have a problem of a very large number of troops being mobilized.
    Or unless your Tibet.

    While China is definitely emerging as a fearful and threatening economic and military power, the social construction of China will never work due to the failed education system, which forces children to be walking calculators instead of imaginative human beings. This is not conducive to revolutionizing business or creating a safe country. While they are feared for now, this system of academic grinding and lack of individualism will be their downfall.
    The lack of individualism in the chinese people certainly wont affect their ability to be a fearsome military/economic power. If anything it will speed their progress.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    GMT -4
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Or unless your Tibet.
    Tibet is not an independent state. It is part of China, I would honestly have more money on the the Turkish language speaking groups in the west. No ethnic group under Chinese hegemony is getting out from there in the near future. The people with reason to fear is Taiwan, Vietnam and other countries with claims to the the things within the South China Sea. The kind of war you need to worry about are great power wars. They are the end caps of international systems (traditionally one exception is the end of the Cold War). Unless your predicting a Sino-American War you don't need to worry about China's military. The point is China in the near future faces challenges at home that will not be favorable to producing a truly modern navy an air force that has parity to the U.S. I don't think any such war will ever occur though so this is purely theoretical.
    The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    To Kill A Mockingbird

    It is no matter, let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew, and dog will have his day.
    Hamlet Act V Scene I

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Diplomat: William Martel: Grand Strategy of the Authoritarian Axis
    Council on Foreign Relations Asia Unbound: Will Piekos: China as a Responsible Power: “Known by the Company You Keep”

    With the Islamic Middle East gradually going up in flames, any internal disruptions in China could be left to spiral out of control, forcing the Chinese Communist Party to accelerate any timetables it has for itself to challenge America and its East Asian allies, starting with Japan. To this end, writes William Martel, China’s leaders have been reaching out to other authoritarian regimes across this planet, extending as far out as Venezuela. The resulting strategy is based on the following principles.:

    1. Oppose and resist the policies and actions of America, its allies, and the United Nations.
    2. Undermine the values and influence of the West.
    3. Promote and legitimize authoritarianism to counter freedom and democracy.
    4. Encourage self-doubt and even fear of attacks from authoritarianism in the 21st century.
    5. Protect fellow authoritarian states at any cost.

    When Hillary Clinton called for Russia and China to “pay a price” for supporting Syria, those two countries hit back together. Ironically, to my mind, these regimes have their own reasons for distrusting the Islamic upheavals, most likely if, by whatever means, the populations of North Africa and the Middle East reach some level of democratic self-governance. China has bought diesel submarines from Russia and sold anti-ship ballistic missiles to Iran, opening up some lines of questions about expanded connections with Syria. Ironically, if the democratic and free countries of this world rallied around the United States, the momentum could shift back toward us, by building confidence in free societies, expanding energy developments, and avoiding any perceptions of weakness and indecision. China could end up clashing with various Muslim factions over Syria soon enough, whether on the ground within those countries or at the United Nations, with the effect of tying its attention down, I might think. A different headache might come from China’s own backyard.:

    Wall Street Journal: Ian Storey: The Great Game, Burma Edition

    Assuming that the “authoritarian axis” theory holds up, we may have to count Burma out. Burma’s former military leaders appear to be more inclined toward civilian control, and they’re also looking to expand cooperation with American military units on various humanitarian issues, which should always be a good thing to my mind. We’ll certainly want to monitor China’s movements here in order to solidify this supposed pivot toward East Asia. Between this network of alliances in Southeast Asia and the upheavals in the Middle East and North Africa, I find China’s weaknesses more worrisome than its strengths.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •