Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 289

Thread: Pedophilia

  1. #251
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cajunland
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Just adding my opinion onto this...

    I think that pedophilia is wrong, but I do not believe that some of the definitions of being a pedophile are incorrect, IE: If a 17 year old is dating another 17 year old and one of them turns 18.

    "I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend."-John Green

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Pedophiles have the same "I was born liking ____" argument as the homosexuals. I still think pedophilia is a terrible thing and Im not too fond of homosexuals either. But homosexuals dont hurt anyone with what they do while pedophiles obviously do.
    agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by mariobrosvswariobros View Post
    Just adding my opinion onto this...

    I think that pedophilia is wrong, but I do not believe that some of the definitions of being a pedophile are incorrect, IE: If a 17 year old is dating another 17 year old and one of them turns 18.
    again agreed
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    INSIDE...
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Pedophiles have the same "I was born liking ____" argument as the homosexuals. I still think pedophilia is a terrible thing and Im not too fond of homosexuals either. But homosexuals dont hurt anyone with what they do while pedophiles obviously do.
    Yes, we can tell you don't like them just from how you talk about them.

    The comparison to homosexuality is sort of apples and oranges, though. The idea of sexual orientation is which gender you're attracted to. Not anything to do with what you may like in your preferred gender(s), just which ones you're sexually attracted to. Pedophilia falls closer to fetishes, which, although equally as controllable for whatever that may be worth, is a totally different kettle of fish.

    The point about hurting people (pedophiles) versus not hurting people (gays) is accurate, though.


    SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

    Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama


  4. #254
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your soul.... *nibble*
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mariobrosvswariobros View Post
    Just adding my opinion onto this...

    I think that pedophilia is wrong, but I do not believe that some of the definitions of being a pedophile are incorrect, IE: If a 17 year old is dating another 17 year old and one of them turns 18.
    yeah I agree thats like silly.

    I think pedophilia is wrong. I mean, if its like 40 and 6, thats disgusting and taking advantage of a child. that kid is pretty innocent and then being exposed to that? (btw 40 and six has happened.... so has 60 and 9) and that like takes away the kids chance to be a kid. some countries allow marriage like that, and why? they need time to enjoy their lives a bit instead of being exposed to that... plus its not like the kid has any say in the matter in those situations. so to sum up all i said, it removes a ton of morals and destroys kids... (Of course, Im talking about child marriage which with ppl Ik is a huge topic of debate. But with pedophilia in general, its still wrong. its a toll on parents, on trust of any body, and pretty much leads to no conscience. like, the door to anythng sexual is open of which I wont get into detail. but where do u draw the line?)

    edit: If ppl have those desires and r in control of them by not acting on it... I guess I understand. I mean, at least they rnt acting on it and see the problem. so I dont have a problem.
    Last edited by BearTown; 18th October 2012 at 2:36 AM.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    Yes, we can tell you don't like them just from how you talk about them.

    The comparison to homosexuality is sort of apples and oranges, though. The idea of sexual orientation is which gender you're attracted to. Not anything to do with what you may like in your preferred gender(s), just which ones you're sexually attracted to. Pedophilia falls closer to fetishes, which, although equally as controllable for whatever that may be worth, is a totally different kettle of fish.

    The point about hurting people (pedophiles) versus not hurting people (gays) is accurate, though.
    I dont see much of a difference between pedophiles and homosexuals. The only real difference IMO is that Pedophilia almost always has negative effects on the child and Homosexuality is pretty much harmless. I group Homosexuality, Pedophilia, animal "love", "love" of inanimate objects(yeah they have that), all other fetishes, and liking women based on hair color etc together. They are all sexual attractions these people were supposedly born with.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    How is a man being attracted to a girl worse than a man being attracted to a woman? Both are just attractions. It's not like the man is going to act on have sex with the girl/woman. A girl is just a small woman without breasts. It's kind of like what some religious loonies say about gays: being gay isn't bad but acting on your gay desires is bad.
    We can all agree that the second generation was either Pokémon's Golden Age or its Silver Age.

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Off doing something important
    Posts
    4,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    I dont see much of a difference between pedophiles and homosexuals. The only real difference IMO is that Pedophilia almost always has negative effects on the child and Homosexuality is pretty much harmless. I group Homosexuality, Pedophilia, animal "love", "love" of inanimate objects(yeah they have that), all other fetishes, and liking women based on hair color etc together. They are all sexual attractions these people were supposedly born with.
    So you're saying "I don't see the difference between consenting adults of the same gender who are attracted to each other and adults who are attracted to children who cannot give consent. Except that a homosexual relationship can be just as happy and healthy as a heterosexual one, but a pedophilic relationship almost always mentally, emotionally, physically and developmentally scars a child for the rest of their life. But other than that they're so similar!"

    Do you realize how big a difference that is? That's like saying "consensual sex and rape are almost the same thin, except one is consensual and enjoyable for all parties and the other one isn't. But otherwise they're totally the same!" That's the difference between you having nice, consensual sex with a girl VS being anally raped with a dildo.

    Because newsflash: the majority of sex between homosexuals is consensual sex, and sex between a pedophile and a child is rape. If you don't recognizer how huge that difference is, you should not be in these debates.

    ~Psychic
    Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!


    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    亜米利&#2115
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    I dont see much of a difference between pedophiles and homosexuals. The only real difference IMO is that Pedophilia almost always has negative effects on the child and Homosexuality is pretty much harmless. I group Homosexuality, Pedophilia, animal "love", "love" of inanimate objects(yeah they have that), all other fetishes, and liking women based on hair color etc together. They are all sexual attractions these people were supposedly born with.
    yeah they are all fetishes, (except for homosexuality) you're right but it doesn't make them all right. for example i watched this show that featured this girl who had sexual pleasure from torturing children, to a point where she would mentally.... you know.. you can figure the rest out). point is, yes this is also a fetish but it doesn't make it a good fetish

    same with pedophila. yes its a sexual fetish for kids but acting on it is pretty much called rape. blah i'm rambling however, do you get what i'm trying to say? fetish =/= being the same.
    Last edited by はるひ; 18th October 2012 at 10:30 PM.
    岩根雅明=♡

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    So you're saying "I don't see the difference between consenting adults of the same gender who are attracted to each other and adults who are attracted to children who cannot give consent. Except that a homosexual relationship can be just as happy and healthy as a heterosexual one, but a pedophilic relationship almost always mentally, emotionally, physically and developmentally scars a child for the rest of their life. But other than that they're so similar!"

    Do you realize how big a difference that is? That's like saying "consensual sex and rape are almost the same thin, except one is consensual and enjoyable for all parties and the other one isn't. But otherwise they're totally the same!" That's the difference between you having nice, consensual sex with a girl VS being anally raped with a dildo.

    Because newsflash: the majority of sex between homosexuals is consensual sex, and sex between a pedophile and a child is rape. If you don't recognizer how huge that difference is, you should not be in these debates.

    ~Psychic
    -.- I get that homosexuality is relatively harmless while pedophilia is almost always detrimental to the childs mental and emotional well being. I said that in my last post I believe.

    EDIT: Oh I reread your post. Now I get what your saying. Homosexuality and Pedophilia are both physical attractions that a person is supposedly born with. They are almost the same thing except for the fact that one is enjoyable for all parties and the other isnt. Im saying that the attractions are the same not that the actual sexual acts based on the attractions are the same.

    And yeah I get what your saying Gothitelle. I still group homosexuality with the other physical attractions despite how it isnt generally looked at that way by society.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 19th October 2012 at 3:17 AM.

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Off doing something important
    Posts
    4,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    -.- I get that homosexuality is relatively harmless while pedophilia is almost always detrimental to the childs mental and emotional well being. I said that in my last post I believe.

    EDIT: Oh I reread your post. Now I get what your saying. Homosexuality and Pedophilia are both physical attractions that a person is supposedly born with.
    No, that's not my point and I'm not sure how you got that because I didn't even mention it. In fact, pedophilia isn't something people are born with - like most fetishes, it's psychological, meaning an individual developed this fetish over time, often due to personal experiences. Homosexuality, however, is an orientation, which is something you are born with.

    We can see the proof for this because homosexuality has genetic causes and those genes have clear effects, which we've known and have been studying for awhile.

    Pedophilia does not have biological causes. As explained in the Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders,
    Most experts regard pedophilia as resulting from psychosocial factors rather than biological characteristics. Some think that pedophilia is the result of having been sexually abused as a child. Still others think that it derives from the person's interactions with parents during their early years of life. Some researchers attribute pedophilia to arrested emotional development; that is, the pedophile is attracted to children because he or she has never matured psychologically. Some regard pedophilia as the result of a distorted need to dominate a sexual partner. Since children are smaller and usually weaker than adults, they may be regarded as nonthreatening potential partners. This drive for domination is sometimes thought to explain why most pedophiles are males.
    The scientific community is in agreement over this, so if you think they're wrong, you'll need the proof to back up any more claims.



    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    They are almost the same thing except for the fact that one is enjoyable for all parties and the other isnt. Im saying that the attractions are the same not that the actual sexual acts based on the attractions are the same.
    I don't think you understood the part where I said "big difference" and "huge difference." The difference between consensual sex and what is essentially rape is enormous. That's not "almost the same." The difference between homosexual sex VS adult/child sex is exactly the same difference between heterosexual sex and adult/child sex, which you must realize is a huge difference. (Again, it's the difference between you having nice, consensual sex with a girl VS being anally raped with a dildo.) The only difference between consensual heterosexual sex and consensual homosexual sex in your mind is that you think one is cool and the other is "icky." But they are both consensual, and thus automatically drastically different from adult/child sex.


    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    I still group homosexuality with the other physical attractions despite how it isnt generally looked at that way by society.
    Please define "physical attraction" and explain what makes it different from any other kind of attraction, because that's not a scientific term.

    And we're not just talking about what society thinks of homosexuality VS pedophilia - the scientific and medical fields are in agreement that one is a sexual orientation and the other one isn't. If you disagree, you'll need to back it up with proof saying why all these scientists and doctors are wrong and you're right.

    ~Psychic

    Edit: And seriously, please do take a look at some of the links provided. I'd much rather have this discussion with someone who's informed.
    Last edited by Psychic; 19th October 2012 at 4:36 PM.
    Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!


    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    No, that's not my point and I'm not sure how you got that because I didn't even mention it. In fact, pedophilia isn't something people are born with - like most fetishes, it's psychological, meaning an individual developed this fetish over time, often due to personal experiences. Homosexuality, however, is an orientation, which is something you are born with.

    We can see the proof for this because homosexuality has genetic causes and those genes have clear effects, which we've known and have been studying for awhile.

    Pedophilia does not have biological causes. As explained in the Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders,


    The scientific community is in agreement over this, so if you think they're wrong, you'll need the proof to back up any more claims.




    I don't think you understood the part where I said "big difference" and "huge difference." The difference between consensual sex and what is essentially rape is enormous. That's not "almost the same." The difference between homosexual sex VS adult/child sex is exactly the same difference between heterosexual sex and adult/child sex, which you must realize is a huge difference. (Again, it's the difference between you having nice, consensual sex with a girl VS being anally raped with a dildo.) The only difference between consensual heterosexual sex and consensual homosexual sex in your mind is that you think one is cool and the other is "icky." But they are both consensual, and thus automatically drastically different from adult/child sex.



    Please define "physical attraction" and explain what makes it different from any other kind of attraction, because that's not a scientific term.

    And we're not just talking about what society thinks of homosexuality VS pedophilia - the scientific and medical fields are in agreement that one is a sexual orientation and the other one isn't. If you disagree, you'll need to back it up with proof saying why all these scientists and doctors are wrong and you're right.

    ~Psychic

    Edit: And seriously, please do take a look at some of the links provided. I'd much rather have this discussion with someone who's informed.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose. I understood what you meant with "huge difference" but in my mind they are the same thing except for that difference, however big it is. Im not saying its not big. I think either people are born pedophiles and born homos or that they become pedophiles and become homos. And I dont have to think something just because the "scientific community" does. Im not a scientist and I dont give a **** what scientists say. And I dont have to provide "scientific evidence" to support my claim. And also btw sometimes sex between an adult and child is consensual.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 19th October 2012 at 9:22 PM.

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    I group Homosexuality, Pedophilia, animal "love", "love" of inanimate objects(yeah they have that), all other fetishes, and liking women based on hair color etc together. They are all sexual attractions these people were supposedly born with.
    I take it you also include heterosexuality in that group.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose. I understood what you meant with "huge difference" but in my mind they are the same thing except for that difference, however big it is. Im not saying its not big. I think either people are born pedophiles and born homos or that they become pedophiles and become homos. And I dont have to think something just because the "scientific community" does. Im not a scientist and I dont give a **** what scientists say. And I dont have to provide "scientific evidence" to support my claim. And also btw sometimes sex between an adult and child is consensual.
    ...

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I take it you also include heterosexuality in that group.
    Sure, why not.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    INSIDE...
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    I understood what you meant with "huge difference" but in my mind they are the same thing except for that difference, however big it is.
    ...You're contradicting yourself pretty spectacularly, so let me try this from a different angle. How about you explain why you think they're the same? I'm not seeing how you're drawing this conclusion, probably because you've been really vague about how exactly they're the same to you.

    I think either people are born pedophiles and born homos or that they become pedophiles and become homos.
    Pick one. You don't get to have both, unless you're going with "people are born one way, but their sexuality and fetishes are fluid." And somehow, I suspect that's not what you were getting at.

    And I dont have to think something just because the "scientific community" does. Im not a scientist and I dont give a **** what scientists say. And I dont have to provide "scientific evidence" to support my claim. And also btw sometimes sex between an adult and child is consensual.
    Then clearly, you don't belong in a debate forum, yes? True, you don't have to provide evidence in the sense that no one's going to come up at gunpoint and make you prowl through the internet to find proof of what you're saying, but in refusing to do so, you're going to make yourself look like a goddamn fool as you proclaim "science is **** and scientists are full of crap!" in one breath, and "I don't need to prove to any of you with quote-scientific evidence-unquote that what I'm saying is right, it just is!" in the next.


    SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

    Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama


  15. #265
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose. I understood what you meant with "huge difference" but in my mind they are the same thing except for that difference, however big it is. Im not saying its not big. I think either people are born pedophiles and born homos or that they become pedophiles and become homos. And I dont have to think something just because the "scientific community" does. Im not a scientist and I dont give a **** what scientists say. And I dont have to provide "scientific evidence" to support my claim. And also btw sometimes sex between an adult and child is consensual.
    Wow, just wow. You claim you know better than the scientific community? Or are you just denying all that science has to say on the matter? Either way, that's very stupid of you.

    "Im not a scientist and I dont give a **** what scientists say. And I dont have to provide "scientific evidence" to support my claim."
    Right because you're not a scientist, you should at least listen to what others that know more than you do have to say. And saying you don't need evidence to support your claim is like saying all you have to do to show us your reasons is believe hard enough in them. Well guess what, this isn't how you're supposed to have a decent debate.

    And also btw sometimes sex between an adult and child is consensual
    Sure, a child may say "ok" to you asking for sex, if you can word it in a way that hides or pictures in another way what you're effectively trying to do with him/her. The point is, a child is, by definition, unable to judge and make a decision regarding something he/she cannot fully understand, for their body isn't prepared for it.

    Credits:
    Sweep Freak for the profile picture and Sworn Metalhead for the awesome Delphox signature banner and badge

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose. I understood what you meant with "huge difference" but in my mind they are the same thing except for that difference, however big it is. Im not saying its not big. I think either people are born pedophiles and born homos or that they become pedophiles and become homos. And I dont have to think something just because the "scientific community" does. Im not a scientist and I dont give a **** what scientists say. And I dont have to provide "scientific evidence" to support my claim. And also btw sometimes sex between an adult and child is consensual.
    while i admit i dont usualy think that scientists got it right...but i value their opinion.
    as for the rest:
    i do think that yes you do have a choice about being gay.
    so many people underestimate the power of human will.
    a have seen many people that through pure will made themselves gay/straight.
    granted not many people want to change.
    as for pedopillia...i dont think that people are born that way...their circumstances growing up have proven to be a factor, and (yes i said it) genetics...i do think that genetics can increase the likelihood of someones prefered "orientation"
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i do think that yes you do have a choice about being gay.
    so many people underestimate the power of human will.
    a have seen many people that through pure will made themselves gay/straight.
    I'm sorry to tell you pal, but science has proved the exact opposite. The only way anyone could deny his/her sexual orientation is with a complete abstinence. And that doesn't exactly count as changing your orientation.

    I do think though that pedophilia is different. It's likely only linked to psychologic issues. I mean, one thing is to be attracted by a person of your same sex, another is to be attracted to someone who isn't sexually mature.

    Credits:
    Sweep Freak for the profile picture and Sworn Metalhead for the awesome Delphox signature banner and badge

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    I do think though that pedophilia is different. It's likely only linked to psychologic issues. I mean, one thing is to be attracted by a person of your same sex, another is to be attracted to someone who isn't sexually mature.
    I could use your logic to say that pedophilia is different from homosexuality. Men are attracted to young girls, because they have lady parts. Men can't be attracted to other men, because men don't have lady parts.
    We can all agree that the second generation was either Pokémon's Golden Age or its Silver Age.

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you pal, but science has proved the exact opposite. The only way anyone could deny his/her sexual orientation is with a complete abstinence. And that doesn't exactly count as changing your orientation.
    *OBJECTION!*

    (sorry, I play way to much ace attorney)
    *slams hands on the table*
    where is your evidence?
    Present it for all of us to see.
    I have more cards left to play on this subject…do you?

    And back on the subject of this thread.
    In the ace attorney games phoenix is 7 years older than maya.
    Technically that would make him a pedophile (being 26 and Maya being 19, if I’m not mistaken)
    But there is a line where a person becomes mature enough to decide wether or not they want to be with someone older.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Off doing something important
    Posts
    4,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    while i admit i dont usualy think that scientists got it right...but i value their opinion.
    So then who did "get it right"? Are you suggesting that you somehow know better than all the scientists, doctors, and actual gay people? If they don't know, who does?


    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    Anyhow, it really seems that few people have anything to say about pedophilia in and of itself (especially without confusing it with hebephilia and ephebophilia). If everyone can't stay on topic, I am ready to close this thread.
    It really doesn't seem like there's much else to say at this point, especially considering the same mistakes are being made and half the recent discussion belongs in the Homosexuality thread. This has been...special.

    ~Psychic
    Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!


    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default

    I posted awhile ago in this topic, since then though things have indeed turned in an odd direction.


    Their can be links through the logical means between pedophilia and other sexual attractions.
    But on that note, when linking lets say pedophilia to homosexuality for example it does degrade
    the men or women who have finally started to earn respect they deserve.

    Though the point still stands that through genetic and general mutations of the brain through
    the normal progressive nature of evolution within humans, that, theirs nothing abnormal with
    any sexual attractions between human beings. Though sexual orientation is somewhat relevant to this subject,
    pedophiles unlike all other people who are sexually attracted to something, are less understood because of the
    understandable moral views in society.

    But if you research pedophilia,properly. Or you simple understand the reasoning behind it. It's easy to see that even though the attraction
    in itself may be disturbing because of ("a") or ("b") , its a simple attraction cause by the normal mutations of the human cognitive processes.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    I don't think there's a point in looking for an explanation for pedophilia. There really isn't an explanation for homosexuality.
    We can all agree that the second generation was either Pokémon's Golden Age or its Silver Age.

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    INSIDE...
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I don't think there's a point in looking for an explanation for pedophilia. There really isn't an explanation for homosexuality.
    There isn't an explanation for any other fetish, either. Maybe you have the standard reproduction explanation for heterosexuality, but outside of that, it just is. So yeah.

    Personally, I feel like "normal mutations" is a bit of an oxymoron in this case. Mutations in and of themselves don't imply abnormality, but... we're talking about something that, if theoretically allowed to be acted on freely, would do a hell of a lot of psychological damage to any poor kid who gets to be on the receiving end of it. There's really no two ways around that.


    SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

    Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama


  24. #274
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    *OBJECTION!*

    (sorry, I play way to much ace attorney)
    *slams hands on the table*
    lol it's ok, I do too Cx

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    where is your evidence?
    Present it for all of us to see.
    I have more cards left to play on this subject…do you?
    I believe we've been already discussing about this on another thread. You told me about your supposed "change", but at the same time I'd also like to hear from you some actual proof that a real change is at all possible (except, with all due respect, the "I went for it myself" one, as for all I know you could have made that up- NOT saying that you have, but....I think you get the point. God why do I always have to sound offensive. I really don't mean to xC ). Especially since many people from these....uh, "conversion" groups themselves claim that they're only trying to control gay people's sexual behaviour.

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    In the ace attorney games phoenix is 7 years older than maya.
    Technically that would make him a pedophile (being 26 and Maya being 19, if I’m not mistaken)
    But there is a line where a person becomes mature enough to decide wether or not they want to be with someone older.
    OBJECTION!!!

    Phoenix being much older than Maya does not make him a pedophile, not only because he has no romantic interest in her whatsoever, but also because, as you said, Maya is 19. She's not only sexually mature, but also legally an adult. Her boyfriend could even be 70 and still not be considered a pedophile because, well, Maya isn't what an ancient greek would call a paedo (a child).

    And even if she was only 17 (meaning: not yet legally an adult), if she had sex with an adult, that action would be defined "statutory rape", wich has nothing to do with pedophilia. Pedophilia is about sexually developed individuals trying to have sex with pre-pubescent children. The "line" you mentioned, wich I think is the age of consent, varies from one country's law to another but is generally nowhere under 13. Why? Because there's no way kids are both sexually developed AND aware enough about their body/the full implications of sexual activity and relationships below that age. ( I believe the most outstanding exception to this rule is the Vatican, where I think the age of consent is -hold on to your seat- 9. GUESS WHY.)
    Last edited by Absol Wings; 2nd November 2012 at 3:27 AM.

    Credits:
    Sweep Freak for the profile picture and Sworn Metalhead for the awesome Delphox signature banner and badge

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Wikipedia's Age of Consent article has a nifty picture of all the countries with their respective age of consent. Where should I go for spring break?
    We can all agree that the second generation was either Pokémon's Golden Age or its Silver Age.

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •