Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 276 to 289 of 289

Thread: Pedophilia

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm on a blimp, mother****er.
    Posts
    382

    Default

    It is a proven fact that the frontal lobe, the part of the brain that determines decisions and dangers and all that fun stuff that starts with a D, doesn't reach full maturity until the early twenties. In fact, I believe that I read an article somewhere about the lack of frontal lobe maturity being a leading reason in teen-aged drivers and their car accidents. Basically, if a sixteen year old, or hell, even an eighteen year old, both regarded as full steps of maturity, and in some places adults, have problems with judging curves in the road, how could a seven or an eight year old determine that they wish to have sex?

    Now I know some pedophiles, just enjoy the sight of children, but guys and girls, it isn't acceptable, at least in western civilization. If you wanna do somethings that aren't sfw or even sfc, just meet a someone who's petite and of age, I mean, it's just a way of having fun without having to go to jail and having someone have fun with you.

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digipoke1 View Post
    It is a proven fact that the frontal lobe, the part of the brain that determines decisions and dangers and all that fun stuff that starts with a D, doesn't reach full maturity until the early twenties. In fact, I believe that I read an article somewhere about the lack of frontal lobe maturity being a leading reason in teen-aged drivers and their car accidents. Basically, if a sixteen year old, or hell, even an eighteen year old, both regarded as full steps of maturity, and in some places adults, have problems with judging curves in the road, how could a seven or an eight year old determine that they wish to have sex?

    Now I know some pedophiles, just enjoy the sight of children, but guys and girls, it isn't acceptable, at least in western civilization. If you wanna do somethings that aren't sfw or even sfc, just meet a someone who's petite and of age, I mean, it's just a way of having fun without having to go to jail and having someone have fun with you.
    However, you do have those really obstinate people who will do it, not caring for the consequences.

    That being said, if pedophilia was to be legalized, I could see several, if not many, problems arising because of it. However, I don't think it should be completely outlawed either, as pedophilia is a choice, albeit harmful. Honestly, I think what we're doing now is probably the best course of action, though maybe add and remove a couple clauses, make it more specific.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    lol it's ok, I do too Cx


    I believe we've been already discussing about this on another thread. You told me about your supposed "change", but at the same time I'd also like to hear from you some actual proof that a real change is at all possible (except, with all due respect, the "I went for it myself" one, as for all I know you could have made that up- NOT saying that you have, but....I think you get the point. God why do I always have to sound offensive. I really don't mean to xC ). Especially since many people from these....uh, "conversion" groups themselves claim that they're only trying to control gay people's sexual behaviour.



    OBJECTION!!!

    Phoenix being much older than Maya does not make him a pedophile, not only because he has no romantic interest in her whatsoever, but also because, as you said, Maya is 19. She's not only sexually mature, but also legally an adult. Her boyfriend could even be 70 and still not be considered a pedophile because, well, Maya isn't what an ancient greek would call a paedo (a child).

    And even if she was only 17 (meaning: not yet legally an adult), if she had sex with an adult, that action would be defined "statutory rape", wich has nothing to do with pedophilia. Pedophilia is about sexually developed individuals trying to have sex with pre-pubescent children. The "line" you mentioned, wich I think is the age of consent, varies from one country's law to another but is generally nowhere under 13. Why? Because there's no way kids are both sexually developed AND aware enough about their body/the full implications of sexual activity and relationships below that age. ( I believe the most outstanding exception to this rule is the Vatican, where I think the age of consent is -hold on to your seat- 9. GUESS WHY.)
    i corrected the phoenix/maya thing but psychic deleted it XD (i am assuming that she counted it as spam)

    and dont worry it dosnt sound offensive (ive heard a lot worse)

    and i agree with the sexually mature things. about how children cant be expected to make adult decisions.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    However, I don't think it should be completely outlawed either, as pedophilia is a choice, albeit harmful.
    EXCUSE ME? Even if pedophilia was a choice (wich is very unlikely anyway), you're saying it should be "somewhat" legal? What is the reason behind this? How could adults be justified to harm children? Because they choose to do so?
    Please explain O__o


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    EXCUSE ME? Even if pedophilia was a choice (wich is very unlikely anyway), you're saying it should be "somewhat" legal? What is the reason behind this? How could adults be justified to harm children? Because they choose to do so?
    Please explain O__o
    Did you read the rest of the post? I'm saying that I feel what we're doing now is fine, and I never explicitly stated that I wanted it to be legal. I'm fine with the harsh consequences, though sometimes people make it to be such a big deal, turning it up to eleven and whatnot.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The earth
    Posts
    116

    Default

    You guys are REALLY argueing about it?
    Okay,here's my opinion so don't get all mad at me.
    Opinion: I just don't CARE what the age difference is in a relationship.
    I don't CARE if an 80 year old man had sex with a 16 year old.If the girl wanted it,then it's NOT a problem,even though quite akward as everybody knows.
    BUT,it is NOT okay if the girl did NOT want or ask for it,THEN it's rape.
    It's as easy as that.You can be a Pedo,just DON'T do it to girls who don't want it.
    And people who call them Pedo's,don't because it's rude.
    It's just love,no matter HOW old you are.
    I KNOW some of the high-school boys here remember a time they were 13 or 14 and wanted a 16-18 year old girlfriend,just admit it,I did once,lol.
    So yeah,that's my opinion.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    You started with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    You guys are REALLY argueing about it?
    You must know what you're talking about.

    But then you went on to say this:
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    I don't CARE if an 80 year old man had sex with a 16 year old.If the girl
    Do you even know what a pedophile is?
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Journeying through Hoenn
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Did you read the rest of the post? I'm saying that I feel what we're doing now is fine, and I never explicitly stated that I wanted it to be legal. I'm fine with the harsh consequences, though sometimes people make it to be such a big deal, turning it up to eleven and whatnot.
    Maybe because it is a big deal? As we've said before, the victims of pedophilia are almost always psychologically and physically harmed in the long-term. Imagine the victim was someone you knew: a friend, a sibling, a cousin under 12. Imagine an adult coercing them into having sex. Studies have proven the harm it does. Would you ever want that for someone you know and love?

    Anyhow, to go back to your original post:
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I don't think it should be completely outlawed either, as pedophilia is a choice, albeit harmful. Honestly, I think what we're doing now is probably the best course of action, though maybe add and remove a couple clauses, make it more specific.
    I'm not really sure what you mean, then. You say it shouldn't be against the law, but that the current laws are fine. But the current laws regarding pedophilia is that it's against the law. I'm not really sure what changed you'd like to see. Have you looked up the specific laws in your country/state?

    Phrases like "pedophilia is a choice, albeit harmful" sounds unfortunately like "murder is a choice, albeit harmful." If any act hurts someone, then why should there be any leeway for it to be done? I'm sure this isn't what you meant, but your wording was incredibly unfortunate.



    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    I don't CARE if an 80 year old man had sex with a 16 year old.If the girl wanted it,then it's NOT a problem,even though quite akward as everybody knows.
    BUT,it is NOT okay if the girl did NOT want or ask for it,THEN it's rape.
    We know what rape is, but I don't think you know what statutory rape is. :/

    Also, the point of pedophilia is that a child can not give informed consent to have sex. It's almost impossible for most children to decide whether or not they want to have sex because they don't know what sex is, they don't know what it means, they don't know what will happen, they don't know the consequences, and they don't even know how to be safe. So no, just because a child says "okay, let's have sex" does not mean they actually understand what they are getting into.


    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    It's as easy as that.You can be a Pedo,just DON'T do it to girls who don't want it.
    And people who call them Pedo's,don't because it's rude.
    Oh my goodness, are you listening to yourself? If you don't want people to use a term, why are you using it?


    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    It's just love,no matter HOW old you are.
    I KNOW some of the high-school boys here remember a time they were 13 or 14 and wanted a 16-18 year old girlfriend,just admit it,I did once,lol.
    So yeah,that's my opinion.
    No, an adult preying on a child is not "love," it's a problem that will cause long-term harm to the child. Do you have any siblings or cousins under 12 years old? Imagine an adult wanted to have sex with them. Imagine an adult convincing them to have sex. That is what we are talking about.



    People need to stop making this mistake:
    Sex involving teenagers is NOT pedophilia, so stop confusing them.


    ~Psychic

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Did you read the rest of the post? I'm saying that I feel what we're doing now is fine, and I never explicitly stated that I wanted it to be legal. I'm fine with the harsh consequences, though sometimes people make it to be such a big deal, turning it up to eleven and whatnot.
    Well I'm sorry for reacting so harshly, but then I really don't know then what you meant with:
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I don't think it should be completely outlawed
    Anyway, this thread is about pedohilia, not rape (as Psychic also said). "Pedophilia" ONLY refers to grown men (and/or women???) having sex with pre-pubescent children.
    Wich , in my opinion, is completely wrong and should always stay illegal no matter what. It is/it is not a choice, it is/it is not the person's fault for having this perversity, doesn't matter, they're harming kids, wich cannot be acceptable in any civil society. Period.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan View Post
    .You can be a Pedo,just DON'T do it to girls who don't want it.
    So...it's okay if they want it?

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    So...it's okay if they want it?
    Hey, the Japanese do it all the time so why not?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Hey, the Japanese do it all the time so why not?
    I seriously hope you're joking.

    Anyway, this topic is starting to become more than a little creepy... I'm just saying.
    Last edited by SBaby; 4th November 2012 at 1:27 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

    If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

    The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Anyway, this topic is starting to become more than a little creepy...
    Just starting? I'm kind of questioning why this thread is still open.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Journeying through Hoenn
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Sorry about all this, folks - I'd tried closing the thread last week, but there was some confusion and I assumed it was still open for a reason. Woops.

    Anyhow, closing because this thread was...always kind of weird, plus half the posters don't know pedophilia from statutory rape and a fair amount of the discussion here belonged in the Homosexuality thread. :P

    ~Psychic

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •