Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Persona: Fallen Paradise (Discussion Thread)

Ah. Well that will be my project for a two hour car ride tomorrow then.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden193 View Post
    It's pretty easy to fill out;

III. Krystal Storm | Empress Arcana
    Persona: Gabriel
    Weapon: (weapon)
    Primary Element: 1/2 primary elements
    Slash: -
    Strike: -
    Pierce: -
    Fire: Weak
    Ice: -
    Lightning: -
    Wind: -
    Light: -
    Dark: -

(Choose some of those elements for her to be resistant to, weak to, absorb, null etc. Check the others for pointers about balance.)

Skills:
    Skill 1 (description)
    Skill 2 (description)
    Skill 3 (description)

Next:
    Skill A (description)
    Skill B (description)
    Skill C (description)

Then there's the stuff about canon and non-canon skills... there should be a MegaTen wiki somewhere...
    Ah. I think I get it now mostly. I'll look on the wiki for everything. Thanks.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Btw, what is the difference between slash strike and pierce?
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Slash refers to... things that slash. Generally, swords and whatnot. Then strike would be stuff like clubs, and pierce would be stuff like rapiers. They all fall under physical, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    Ah. I think I get it now mostly. I'll look on the wiki for everything. Thanks.
    Oh, ignore the Fire weakness, I sorta' forgot to delete that. ^_^;

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Um. Quick question. XD

Do the primary elements we get depend on our persona and tarot card? For instance, if I were to give Krystal Light/Wind, would that be acceptable?

That would depend on your Persona's background, usually. Take Leo as an example; Phoenix is commonly associated with Fire and Light, so such is appropriate. Aika could also be a good example; Arianrhod is commonly associated with the moon (Dark), and is said to be able to transform into an owl (Wind).

Ah...Then that means...*looks back at SU* I think I had been implying that Gabriel has wind magic, which according to the wiki should actually be ice. Should I go back and fix it, or is it okay to bend the rules a little?

EDIT: Eh, I went back and fixed it. That'll make things easier.
    Last edited by Aura Of Twilight; 29th December 2012 at 1:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    Ah...Then that means...*looks back at SU* I think I had been implying that Gabriel has wind magic, which according to the wiki should actually be ice. Should I go back and fix it, or is it okay to bend the rules a little?

EDIT: Eh, I went back and fixed it. That'll make things easier.
    I gave Phoenix Light and Healing skills along with Fire. The canon Phoenix has Fire, Wnd, and Physical. There's nothing wrong with making alterations to the canon Persona. After all, Gabriel is a woman in this game. xD
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

Well, here's Krystal's skill set. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

III. Krystal Storm | Empress Arcana
    Persona: Gabriel
    Weapon: Katana
    Primary Element: Wind / Light
    Slash: -
    Strike: -
    Pierce: -
    Fire: Weak
    Ice: -
    Wind: Strong
    Light: Absorbs
    Dark: Weak

Skills:
    Garu (Basic single-target Wind skill)
    Media (Recovery, allows user to restore a small amount of health points of all allies after battle)
    Survive Dark (50% chance of surviving instant death one time from a Darkness attack with 1 HP, passive)

Next:
    Hama (Basic Light skill, no instant death)
    Makajam (40% chance of inflicting the Silence ailment on one enemy.)
    Auto-Rakukaja (Begins the battle with Rakukaja cast on self)

Here is Diego's

I. Diego Vendrix | Magician Arcana
    Persona: Merlin
    Weapon: Claymore
    Primary Element: Fire/Dark
    Physical: -
    Fire: Strong
    Ice: Weak
    Wind: -
    Light: Weak
    Dark: Strong

Skills:
    Agi (Basic single-target Fire skill)
    Mudo (Dark, low chance of instant kill, 1 foe)
    Dia (Basic Single Target Healing)

Next:
    Maragi (Basic Multi-Target Fire Spell)
    Marin Karin (25% chance of Charm ailment, 1 foe)
    Spirit Drain(Basic Spirit Draining Spell)

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

I just love that no one in this RPG has Bufu skills. Storymaster, I dare you to give us a boss battle where the only thing that can hit it is Bufu skill.s

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    I just love that no one in this RPG has Bufu skills. Storymaster, I dare you to give us a boss battle where the only thing that can hit it is Bufu skill.s
    Matt/Nidhoggr does. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Matt/Nidhoggr does. xD
    Yea, but what's the odds Matt'a going to be in that battle anyways? I would love him to most likely evolve his person and pull a Big Damn Heros if that does happen/

Credit to EG for Banner.

So, boss info. I'll repost Ironside here so all five have their stats conveniently available:

Spoiler:- Ironside:

Spoiler:- Perarde and Pertolope:

Now then, other two:

Spoiler:- Perymones:

And finally:

Spoiler:- Persaunte:

Basically, Alistair's group can have a post or two of fighting Ironside, then I'll drop these four on the other groups.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

Well, got around to posting, attempted to cast Pulinpa on Ironside. It's settled, Aika's post in Avalon are basic comic-relief. XD

Pulinpa apparently has a 4/10 chance of effectiveness, according to my skill-chart, but I'm not sure how that would play out on a boss... :P
    Last edited by Pir8Heart; 30th December 2012 at 1:21 AM.

Wishing everyone here a Happy New year and to the hope the RPG lasts through the year! Right now Alyssa would be making everyone their favorite cupcake!

Well, at the current matter at hand, still waiting for certain people to post... Someone rescue Shin, I don't want him to awaken to Alyssa in her panties >.>

Credit to EG for Banner.

Welllllp, this boss battle sure is starting smoothly. x.x Gonna' update real quick in a bit.

Yeah, I basically just assigned the knights at fairly random. I can't have much control over Perarde, Pertolope and Perymones without somewhat messing with your characters, so generally I'll be trusting you guys with fighting them from now on. I can handle Ironside and Persaunte, since Alistair and Matt respectively are fighting them.

Future boss fights will probably have us less divided up. Like, I have ideas for seven Shadow version of legendary heroes. And we'll fight each of those with all of us against them and maybe their Shadow minions. I'm kinda set on two, Theseus and Odysseus. I have some ideas for who the others might be, like maybe Karna, though I need to work on my concept for him. Since as is all I've really got is Persaunte but on steroids. I also have ideas for a few other bosses who I'd rather not share just yet because they're not fully ironed out and I want to keep them under wraps until I implement them.

Also I may end these by having the Guardians of Avalon swoop in for a rescue. I'll almost certainly be having Sir Gareth show up to help fight Ironside to call back to the myth.
    [CENTER]

Maybe I'll post something later today. No promises though.

Warning: Slight bunnying of Carina and Dani may ensue. Cesaire can crawl into a hole and die. I'm sure he'd like that too. :P

Also, Phoenix is Light, were facing a Boss with Darkness, which Phoenix is weak too, and she doesn't know Hama yet... Well, there's still Gabriel. xD

Posted. I danced a lot around the exact positions and conditions of Diego, Alyssa and Shin. If Kiruria wants to give me a heads-up about how much Shin recovers and whether Rokuten Maou is about doing things, I can edit in that detail, otherwise we can just run with what we've got. Ideally, I'd think that Dia should bring him around enough to make a run for it, at least.

Louise's current strategy for Perymones: Hide in the forest, make him chase them where he can't maneuver around, and whittle him down with sneak attacks. Feel free to bunny her doing a bit of that if it helps you move things along.

Shin is pretty much fully recovered thanks to Jeanne's healing, but he's still damp and covered in sand. And currently his plan is to slow down Perymones while the others have time to escape, so that he won't catch them along the way. The fact that Rokuten Maou is resistant to Ice comes in real handy here. I also think Merlin should help, because his fire techniques will be "super-effective" against Perymones. Meanwhile, Shin's contributing by inserting Annoying Arrows into Perymones. That should slow him down a bit too.

Of course, with Shin's taunt and everything, I think Perymones will be focusing on him for a while. When I posted, I had not yet read storymasterb's post here about letting us control the knights, so for now I guess we can assume Perymones and Rokuten Maou are in the middle of a sword fight. Over time Rokuten Maou will probably slow down due to strikes by Perymones' sword (despite his ice resistance) and Perymones will continue his pursuit of the others, but will be a little behind by then.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

You can control the knights, since they're NPCs.

OF all the knights, I'd say Persaunte will be the most difficult. Lightning spam attached to staying out of reach and minions to bog you down. Which is really difficult to deal with, especially since Persaunte can Elec Break away resistances to lightning.

Still considering dropping in the Guardians of Avalon to help finish the fights. If I do, Gareth will show up to finish Ironside for lolmyth. Not sure who'd fight the others. Maybe more Knights of the Round Table.
    [CENTER]

I'm around, apparently. Now to figure out what Carina's up to (apparently fighting some Time Mage/Heavy Knight combo).

Oh, and I figured I'd work on her status sheet, but ran into a bit of a problem as Undine's apparently an odd Water element in a system without Water, hah... and that she has a sleep inducing spell when there doesn't seem to be any such thing in SMT games. I was wondering if I should rework her into a more dedicated healer, although it seems we have plenty of characters with healing skills.

I'll try to post once I figure out how to fit Undine in better.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    I'm around, apparently. Now to figure out what Carina's up to (apparently fighting some Time Mage/Heavy Knight combo).

Oh, and I figured I'd work on her status sheet, but ran into a bit of a problem as Undine's apparently an odd Water element in a system without Water, hah... and that she has a sleep inducing spell when there doesn't seem to be any such thing in SMT games. I was wondering if I should rework her into a more dedicated healer, although it seems we have plenty of characters with healing skills.

I'll try to post once I figure out how to fit Undine in better.
    You've already had Undine use Water and heal, and people have responded to it, unless we retcon... Keep the Water, SMT games have Water. Replace the Sleeping Spell with a Charm spell. (We need a female charmer, the others are male. xD)
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 10th January 2013 at 2:48 PM.

Water's fine...it's unique. XD I remember earlier Persona games had Water, along with Earth (Remember Terri? She was built around the "harvest goddess" or "Queen of Pentacles" concept, so Earth was fitting.) Carina seems like a Queen of Cups to me, so Water and healing combo works well. XD

And yeah, keep her a Red Mage of sorts...I'd like the pink girl to have some offensive prowess of her own. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast