Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FUUUU moments in Pokemon (v2.0!)

Hybrid View

Default FUUUU moments in Pokemon (v2.0!)

The old thread died out, so it's gotten a remake.

Have you ever had those very annoying moments in the Pokemon games when you want to throw your GB/GBA/DS to a wall or something? For example you're about to beat the Champion and your move misses and he gets a critical hit. Or have you accidentally released an important Pokemon? Tell about those moments in here.

I remember back in the days of G/S/C when I was facing the Elite 4 for the first time. After getting proper smashed by them until the champ, it wasn't until his first Dragonite that I really got angry. That dragon-wielding a-hole swept my entire team! I wanted to go in there and beat him to a pulp!
    SoulSilver FC: 3354-0495-3145

I'm absolutely obsessed with all things Cyndaquil and Typhlosion, I think its a really awesome pokemon and underrated in many ways. That and who doesn't want a cuddly little fire breather like Cyndaquil? :3

My annoyed moments usually only happen when I throw a Pokeball at a legendary, it shakes 3 times then releases, and then when I throw another 10-20 Pokeballs they don't shake even once.
    ACCOUNT NO LONGER ACTIVE

Oh god, this. This SO much. I was just doing that here yesterday while trying to catch Lugia.
    SoulSilver FC: 3354-0495-3145

I'm absolutely obsessed with all things Cyndaquil and Typhlosion, I think its a really awesome pokemon and underrated in many ways. That and who doesn't want a cuddly little fire breather like Cyndaquil? :3

When I find a shiny and I kill it with a critiical -_-

It only happened to me once, though

With a shiny Golbat
    Anger the Blaziken, and you get BURNED

Example of the above:
    YOU: Hey Blaziken, your ugly!
    BLAZIKEN: .......JO FACE!(burnnned)

Once I let my cousin's friend play my old Sapphire game (because I was just so darn nice) and allowed her to try her hand at battling at the Elite 4. I knew my team wasn't prepared to take on such a difficult task, but I figured I could just turn off the game and start again at my last save point. When my cousin's friend strolled into the Elite 4, stupid me forgot to tell her not to SAVE THE BLOODY GAME. After I got my game back, I realized that I was now trapped in the Elite 4. I was stuck in there for weeks before I finally managed to win the whole thing on pure luck.

~ Credit to FrostStorm (A.K.A., Ram-Ram) for the gorgeous banner

Quote Originally Posted by Asheina View Post
    Once I let my cousin's friend play my old Sapphire game (because I was just so darn nice) and allowed her to try her hand at battling at the Elite 4. I knew my team wasn't prepared to take on such a difficult task, but I figured I could just turn off the game and start again at my last save point. When my cousin's friend strolled into the Elite 4, stupid me forgot to tell her not to SAVE THE BLOODY GAME. After I got my game back, I realized that I was now trapped in the Elite 4. I was stuck in there for weeks before I finally managed to win the whole thing on pure luck.
    ...you didn't have to win, you know. Just lose and you'll be returned to the Pokemon Center, and you are free.....you just lose some money, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    My first time playing through Black Version, and I've saved right in front of Reshiram. I'm feeling confident. I catch her with ease and proceed to tear through N's and Ghetsis' teams, and then the credits roll and the game auto-saves. I then start the game up only to find that my Reshiram has a CAREFUL NATURE.

Cue me restarting the entire game and devising a plan that will allow me to check my dragon's nature before challenging N.

Although I am now the proud owner of one Modest Reshiram.

But seriously, to hell with natures and to hell with not being able to check your Pokemon's stats during a battle.
    ......you could have simply lost the battle against N.

You'll be returned to the Pokemon Center....and be able to check the Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Using Mismagius against a Gym Leader, one move from finishing the battle. Using the wrong move, and kills myself with Curse!
    ....your Mismagius has Curse? Why did it even has Curse in the first place?
    Mismagius is an all-out special attacker......Curse is a move more suitable for staller or non-Ghost.

Anyway, mine:

Trying to get a female Trapinch in Black 2.

It takes ages to encounter Trapinch because of the low encounter rate, not to mention the gender.
    The first two female ones have -Speed Nature, the third one got killed by a critical hit. FUUUUU

I eventually got a female one that's good enough to keep, but still, it was really annoying trying to get her.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

Yeah, that was essentially the plan that I had "devised." :P
    Last edited by Endolise; 18th August 2012 at 5:08 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ...you didn't have to win, you know. Just lose and you'll be returned to the Pokemon Center, and you are free.....you just lose some money, that's all.

....your Mismagius has Curse? Why did it even has Curse in the first place?
    Mismagius is an all-out special attacker......Curse is a move more suitable for staller or non-Ghost.

Anyway, mine:

Trying to get a female Trapinch in Black 2.

It takes ages to encounter Trapinch because of the low encounter rate, not to mention the gender.
    The first two female ones have -Speed Nature, the third one got killed by a critical hit. FUUUUU

I eventually got a female one that's good enough to keep, but still, it was really annoying trying to get her.
    ...you could have simply just traded for one.

Anyway I always hate it when you're trying to catch a legendary pokemon and you always run out of pokeballs or it just struggles to death.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    Or have you accidentally released an important Pokemon?
    I accidentaly released my Magmortar whilst MMing and I havent saved it in ages...like 20 eggs? crap.. XD nya~

My first time playing through Black Version, and I've saved right in front of Reshiram. I'm feeling confident. I catch her with ease and proceed to tear through N's and Ghetsis' teams, and then the credits roll and the game auto-saves. I then start the game up only to find that my Reshiram has a CAREFUL NATURE.

Cue me restarting the entire game and devising a plan that will allow me to check my dragon's nature before challenging N.

But seriously, to hell with natures and to hell with not being able to check your Pokemon's stats during a battle.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post

Well one way was to lose to N as your brung back to the Pokemon League.

I found a shiny Exeggcute in the Safari Zone in Leafgreen but I ran out of the Safari balls........

Losing my Battle Factory streak because the opponent won by using Sheer Cold three times in a row.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    Losing my Battle Factory streak because the opponent won by using Sheer Cold three times in a row.
    *coffee table flip* if that happened to me, i probably would have snapped my ds in half.
    Piplup is the most amazing starter ever!!!! If you think this too copy and paste this onto your sig!! (started by ShadeShadow)

I have unofficially claimed piplup!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

In early January I sr'ed over shiny Dratini in my SoulSilver at 10k+. I was like, wanted to hurt anyone or anything so bad (I'm not self-destructive, mind you). But finally I managed to reclaim it in the same month.
    Other times when my chainings break at high chain like 30ish.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Sometimes I hit the power button randomly when I'm playing, I don't know why, it's just a reflex thing.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Using Mismagius against a Gym Leader, one move from finishing the battle. Using the wrong move, and kills myself with Curse!

Clays Excadrill beating me five times before my Palpitoad finally was strong to beat it:/

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Clays Excadrill beating me five times before my Palpitoad finally was strong to beat it:/
    You should of chose Oshawott.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    You should of chose Oshawott.
    I did, was with my Palpitoad, Levanny, and Scraggy, but it died from Excadrill as well, guess cuz it had a Brave Nature:/

Found a shiny chinchou without any pokeballs on me. WHY TROLLFREAK WHY

I was trading over the GTS (GTS negotiations) and someone offered me a REALLY high level pokemon for the starter from generation 1 i believe it was only a level 4 but still and just then Our internet went out! Everyone lost internet for 5 minutes, and i was all like FUUUUUUUU
    Pokemaster

Finding that 1% Nidoran Male in Leaf Green and criting it

My Diamond Friendcode is 1593 1348 6786

Help Fluffy out, may you please click up there?

When you lose at the Battle Subway before battling Emmit or Ingo.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    When you lose at the Battle Subway before battling Emmit or Ingo.
    I know that feel....

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast