Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FUUUU moments in Pokemon (v2.0!)

Default FUUUU moments in Pokemon (v2.0!)

The old thread died out, so it's gotten a remake.

Have you ever had those very annoying moments in the Pokemon games when you want to throw your GB/GBA/DS to a wall or something? For example you're about to beat the Champion and your move misses and he gets a critical hit. Or have you accidentally released an important Pokemon? Tell about those moments in here.

I remember back in the days of G/S/C when I was facing the Elite 4 for the first time. After getting proper smashed by them until the champ, it wasn't until his first Dragonite that I really got angry. That dragon-wielding a-hole swept my entire team! I wanted to go in there and beat him to a pulp!
    SoulSilver FC: 3354-0495-3145

I'm absolutely obsessed with all things Cyndaquil and Typhlosion, I think its a really awesome pokemon and underrated in many ways. That and who doesn't want a cuddly little fire breather like Cyndaquil? :3

My annoyed moments usually only happen when I throw a Pokeball at a legendary, it shakes 3 times then releases, and then when I throw another 10-20 Pokeballs they don't shake even once.
    ACCOUNT NO LONGER ACTIVE

Oh god, this. This SO much. I was just doing that here yesterday while trying to catch Lugia.
    SoulSilver FC: 3354-0495-3145

I'm absolutely obsessed with all things Cyndaquil and Typhlosion, I think its a really awesome pokemon and underrated in many ways. That and who doesn't want a cuddly little fire breather like Cyndaquil? :3

When I find a shiny and I kill it with a critiical -_-

It only happened to me once, though

With a shiny Golbat
    Anger the Blaziken, and you get BURNED

Example of the above:
    YOU: Hey Blaziken, your ugly!
    BLAZIKEN: .......JO FACE!(burnnned)

Once I let my cousin's friend play my old Sapphire game (because I was just so darn nice) and allowed her to try her hand at battling at the Elite 4. I knew my team wasn't prepared to take on such a difficult task, but I figured I could just turn off the game and start again at my last save point. When my cousin's friend strolled into the Elite 4, stupid me forgot to tell her not to SAVE THE BLOODY GAME. After I got my game back, I realized that I was now trapped in the Elite 4. I was stuck in there for weeks before I finally managed to win the whole thing on pure luck.

~ Credit to FrostStorm (A.K.A., Ram-Ram) for the gorgeous banner

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    Or have you accidentally released an important Pokemon?
    I accidentaly released my Magmortar whilst MMing and I havent saved it in ages...like 20 eggs? crap.. XD nya~

My first time playing through Black Version, and I've saved right in front of Reshiram. I'm feeling confident. I catch her with ease and proceed to tear through N's and Ghetsis' teams, and then the credits roll and the game auto-saves. I then start the game up only to find that my Reshiram has a CAREFUL NATURE.

Cue me restarting the entire game and devising a plan that will allow me to check my dragon's nature before challenging N.

Although I am now the proud owner of one Modest Reshiram.

But seriously, to hell with natures and to hell with not being able to check your Pokemon's stats during a battle.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Losing my Battle Factory streak because the opponent won by using Sheer Cold three times in a row.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

In early January I sr'ed over shiny Dratini in my SoulSilver at 10k+. I was like, wanted to hurt anyone or anything so bad (I'm not self-destructive, mind you). But finally I managed to reclaim it in the same month.
    Other times when my chainings break at high chain like 30ish.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Sometimes I hit the power button randomly when I'm playing, I don't know why, it's just a reflex thing.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Using Mismagius against a Gym Leader, one move from finishing the battle. Using the wrong move, and kills myself with Curse!

Clays Excadrill beating me five times before my Palpitoad finally was strong to beat it:/

I just bought Pokemon Platinum the other day and the OT of the game decided to save right in the middle of the Elite Four.
    So I beat them all with one Pokemon left. (No potions, no revives or anything in the bag :O)
    Then Cynthia kills me because my move misses.
    <-- My 4th Generation Trade Shop

This is kind of a delayed one, when I first played Diamond I found a shiny Ponyta by random chance (the only shiny I've ever encountered) but at the time I didn't even know what shinies were so I didn't bother catching it. A while ago I was chaining Ponyta in the same route and I remembered.

In platinum training my pidgeot. -_- encountered a lvl 42 machoke, pidgeot, was my lowest level Pokemon. Lvl 50, I was going to use a move that wasn't super effective, but no. My grandma had to hit a bump and made me hit fly. I dont think ive ever hated a game so much. Lol
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

My Hypnosis always misses twice in a row when I really depend on it. I missed 6 times in a row before, too. 0.4096%

Wild zubat's supersonic never misses but mine always do. wtf is up with that?

Me: Zubat! Supersonic
    But it missed
    Opponent knocks me out.

~-~Earlier, in cave~-~

Foe Zubat used Supersonic, your pokemon was confused
    switch out

switch out

switch out

switch out

switch out

switch out

etc...

After a couple full cycles, I run away

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE!

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    My first time playing through Black Version, and I've saved right in front of Reshiram. I'm feeling confident. I catch her with ease and proceed to tear through N's and Ghetsis' teams, and then the credits roll and the game auto-saves. I then start the game up only to find that my Reshiram has a CAREFUL NATURE.

Cue me restarting the entire game and devising a plan that will allow me to check my dragon's nature before challenging N.

Although I am now the proud owner of one Modest Reshiram.

But seriously, to hell with natures and to hell with not being able to check your Pokemon's stats during a battle.
    Well one way was to lose to N as your brung back to the Pokemon League.

I found a shiny Exeggcute in the Safari Zone in Leafgreen but I ran out of the Safari balls........

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Clays Excadrill beating me five times before my Palpitoad finally was strong to beat it:/
    You should of chose Oshawott.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    You should of chose Oshawott.
    I did, was with my Palpitoad, Levanny, and Scraggy, but it died from Excadrill as well, guess cuz it had a Brave Nature:/

One moment I had was when I lost in the Battle Subway thanks to a Emolga using Double Team, I missed so often. -_-
    One moment which isn't neccesarily a fail moment, but still counts...I raged hard when the girl who'll trade you a Haunter for a Medicham put an EVERSTONE of all things on it. I loved Gengar as a kid, but could never got one then, and when I thought I could get one I instantly went out and catch a Medicham...but raged so hard when she put an EVERSTONE OF ALL THINGS ON IT. I was not a happy panda with that T+T
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireIris View Post
    but raged so hard when she put an EVERSTONE OF ALL THINGS ON IT. I was not a happy panda with that T+T
    Yeah me too, I just wanted a Gengar>-< at least BW2 gives you a Gigalith:/

Encountering a shiny Ratatta in Pokemon Fire Red...BEFORE I had access to Pokeballs!

There was also one fight in PBR where Stone Edge and Fire Blast were missing for the whole match, irritating me slightly. Then the opponent's last pokemon hits my side with Sheer Cold 3 times in a row! <_<

= 4599-7354-7776

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireIris View Post
    One moment I had was when I lost in the Battle Subway thanks to a Emolga using Double Team, I missed so often. -_-
    One moment which isn't neccesarily a fail moment, but still counts...I raged hard when the girl who'll trade you a Haunter for a Medicham put an EVERSTONE of all things on it. I loved Gengar as a kid, but could never got one then, and when I thought I could get one I instantly went out and catch a Medicham...but raged so hard when she put an EVERSTONE OF ALL THINGS ON IT. I was not a happy panda with that T+T
    I remember her. I wanted a Gengar also, so I trained a Meditite I had in the box and it was holding an Exp. Share. I traded it for her Haunter as soon as Meditite evolved and I had completely forgotten to remove the Exp. Share and it wasn't until after I saved I realized what had happened >_>

Another thing for me is finding a shiny in the Safari Zone. Found a shiny Teddiursa in Emerald once and it fled.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast