Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: FUUUU moments in Pokemon (v2.0!)

My most frustrating capture in White 2 so far has to be Trubbish. It's at yellow health, almost red, and it's been breaking out of balls left and right. Then I throw another Pokeball. It's got the weird sound and the flash that proclaims it to be a critical capture. It's only the second critical capture I've ever seen in my games.
    And....
    the **** thing breaks out of it. A. Stupid. Trubbish. It doesn't have a low catch rate or anything, and it was in fainting range, but the dumb thing actually broke through a critical capture and managed to KO one of my pokes before I was able to waste a frigging Ultra Ball to capture it for the dex entry.

But I got my revenge. I released it back into the wild. AFTER stealing its precious black sludge. >:-]

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

@Silverwynde: lol Now that you mention it I had that problem with Magby too xD Man what an old random memory..

What frustrated me was when I was training to beat Cynthia in Black & White and I'm severely underleveled so I go to a patch and fight Audinos from level 60 --> 80 and then I save in front of Cynthia. I think the battle didn't go well so I reset and apparently the previous save failed and I was back to level 60.... The second time I trained I couldn't take it anymore and trained all my pokemon to as close to 80 as I could get and then challenged her again..
    Villager: Does your sciiiiiienceee explain why it rains?
    Sokka: YES! YES IT DOOOOOOOES

Quote Originally Posted by teamaquagrunt View Post
    What frustrated me was when I was training to beat Cynthia in Black & White and I'm severely underleveled so I go to a patch and fight Audinos from level 60 --> 80 and then I save in front of Cynthia. I think the battle didn't go well so I reset and apparently the previous save failed and I was back to level 60.... The second time I trained I couldn't take it anymore and trained all my pokemon to as close to 80 as I could get and then challenged her again..
    Man, if you thought that was tough, try beating Cynthia in D/P/PT.

Finding a Shiny Spinda on Pokemon Ruby and failing to catch it..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Finding a Shiny Spinda on Pokemon Ruby and failing to catch it..
    That's why I always carry a quick ball and a Pokemon with false swipe on me at all times.

The Pokemon World Tournament Type Expert Cup. It is evil. Especially battling Blaine.

I recall, way back in the day when the GBA ruled the market and DPPT were merely speculative concepts, that I would be brought down to throwing my system halfway out the window out of anger. Why? R/S/E's Contests. I can't stand them. I didn't then, and I still don't today. Even if you manage to perfect the focus stat of your Pokemon to the peak of it's physical perfection, the NPCs are still programmed to predict and counteract your every move to the last degree. It's all a gamble of luck, and in a way, I'm glad they're gone.

I also had an Emerald Cartridge with the MYSTRY Mew on it a while back, and I deleted the save file for some reason long before the cartridge itself disappeared into oblivion. Now I just want the cart back.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I hate when you are about to win against a gym leader, and are like, five levels under and about to lose, and then BAM! they use a potion and own you...I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so hard...besides when I'm playing PMD and I get owned without saving before a dungeon, and have a **** ton of great items, or when I die in a 99 floor dungeon on like, the 93 floor...
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    I recall, way back in the day when the GBA ruled the market and DPPT were merely speculative concepts, that I would be brought down to throwing my system halfway out the window out of anger. Why? R/S/E's Contests. I can't stand them. I didn't then, and I still don't today. Even if you manage to perfect the focus stat of your Pokemon to the peak of it's physical perfection, the NPCs are still programmed to predict and counteract your every move to the last degree. It's all a gamble of luck, and in a way, I'm glad they're gone.

I also had an Emerald Cartridge with the MYSTRY Mew on it a while back, and I deleted the save file for some reason long before the cartridge itself disappeared into oblivion. Now I just want the cart back.
    Nobody like those contests. I don't even know why Gamefreak considered to bring them back in gen 4 games.

I remember, way back when I was trying to register my Korean Black onto the PGL, the process was so ridiculously hard.

System: We need your personal ID number.
    Me: DAD! What's my ID thing whatever it is?
    (...)
    Me: *types ID in*
    System: We also need your parent/guardian's ID.
    Me: DAD! Type your ID thing in!
    (...)
    System: Thank you. Now we need your address and phone number.
    Me: *frustrated* DAD! What do I put in?
    (...)
    System: Thank you. Now we need your *another plethora of ridiculous information*...
    (...)
    Me: Finally! Done! *clicks the Dream World button*
    System: Sorry, but under *insert stupid government policy here* users are unable to access this feature between 11PM-7AM.
    Me: *insert colourful array of insults here*

And now my access times are completely limited because of the 9-hour difference between the time in the UK and Korea. Argh >=|

Whenever I get confused, paralyzed, and infatuated at the same time I feel like breaking the DS in half

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I remember, way back when I was trying to register my Korean Black onto the PGL, the process was so ridiculously hard.

System: We need your personal ID number.
    Me: DAD! What's my ID thing whatever it is?
    (...)
    Me: *types ID in*
    System: We also need your parent/guardian's ID.
    Me: DAD! Type your ID thing in!
    (...)
    System: Thank you. Now we need your address and phone number.
    Me: *frustrated* DAD! What do I put in?
    (...)
    System: Thank you. Now we need your *another plethora of ridiculous information*...
    (...)
    Me: Finally! Done! *clicks the Dream World button*
    System: Sorry, but under *insert stupid government policy here* users are unable to access this feature between 11PM-7AM.
    Me: *insert colourful array of insults here*

And now my access times are completely limited because of the 9-hour difference between the time in the UK and Korea. Argh >=|
    This is why I'd never use the Dream World. My mother wouldn't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Whenever I get confused, paralyzed, and infatuated at the same time I feel like breaking the DS in half
    This. It sucks when this happens. It is probably THE WORST thing that can happen to you in a Pokémon game.

When a shiny self KOs.... >
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

You forgot the -6 evasiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    Never happened to me before >: )

That's why you should always be prepared with damp, suction cups, soundproof, taunt and healpulse

Had it happen to me in Diamond with a Geodude. It's a terrible feeling.

What's worse, though, is when you faint a shiny with a misclick... twice...

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Trying to shoot the strange ending to one of the Pokestar movies-I think it was Giant Monster 3-and I kept getting hit critically by the opponent's Iron Head and being knocked out. It was especially annoying because the attack did more then 4 times the usually damage, and I'm under the impression a critical hit only does double damage.
    Just infatuated drives me crazy. It seems like I probably only attack 30% of the time under that condition.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I just finished a nuzlocke run on Silver , spent a good 7 hours grinding to get all my pokemon up to a decent level to take on Blue, and he wiped out half my squad with crits T_T , needless to say I was not impressed...

Well, I've never actually encountered this, but encountering a shiny, and then the shiny kills itself (like selfdestruct) must be pretty annoying.

Personally, I hate it when your trying not to walk in the tall grass, and theres a 1 tile pathway, and then you get in a trainer battle and that trainer blocks that one tile pathway.

When my Pokemon has low health and gets Fake out'd

has anybody ever been really set on going somewhere and theyre just on their bike riding there, and suddenly they are challenged by one of a hundred breeders in the game, and they tottally lose their focus? I hate that feeling in black 2.
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor sons-a-guns are STARVING to death!"
    Mame

While challenging B2's Elite Four Champion Iris on challenge mode, I let Haxorus Dragon Dance twice and almost swept my entire team using Outrage. Thank goodness I had my lvl 100 milotic with me, as I was training the others (which were around levels 70-80).
    Formerly known as Azure_Gallade

Black 2 FC: 0562 4633 3655

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast