Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online Discussion

Default Sword Art Online Discussion

SAO has got to be the best anime that this season released, so how bout them beta testers.
    FC: 3782-8423-8264

Best anime is a bit of a long shot with stuff like Kokoro Connect and Tari Tari, but I've enjoyed it do far, but then A-1 Pictures are one of my favourite animation studios do there is a bit of bias in there.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

They need to show more fights with the floor bosses. One isn't good enough. And more Asuna is a definite plus.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Well, now that I've read the light novel, I'm highly curious on how they will handle the rest of the story.

Especially the romance part.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Well, now that I've read the light novel, I'm highly curious on how they will handle the rest of the story.

Especially the romance part.
    Did you read 16.5? Because that would be amazing animated, not that it will be unfortunately.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Did you read 16.5? Because that would be amazing animated, not that it will be unfortunately.
    Ahem, yes, I have.

Spoiler:- boobies:

So while they may not show it, I'd be content if they at least implied that it happened.

i'd like to hear what other people think is so good about this show, can someone explain to me?

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arahabaki View Post
    i'd like to hear what other people think is so good about this show, can someone explain to me?
    I love the animation, music and I love the entire concept surrounding this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Arahabaki View Post
    I'm biased towards A-1 Pictures, also Asuna is kawaii cute, that's pretty much my whole basis for enjoying the show so far.
    My Anime List

And yes, Asuna is cute. :P

Ahem, yes, I have.

And while I don't think it's going to be animated (but I really, really wish it would), I think the lone events in chapter 16 (such as Asuna taking of her clothes and taking Kirito's words of spending the night together literally) pretty much implies what's going to happen next.

So while they may not show it, I'd be content if they at least implied that it happened.
    Wait,
    Does Asuna & Kirito get married in the game????

Sword Art Online is nice, and I can't really find any flaws within it so far. Others say the pacing is very rushed, but I think it's just to introduce some of the characters and such. After all that, they'll get back to the main story. I mean do you really want Kirito to go through all the floors one by one?

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Wait,
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

I'm holding high hopes for this anime but I feel the author is quite poor with his characters. The way some of them act isn't very realistic and the reasoning behind certain actions are just dumb. It's still a pretty entertaining anime so far.

Spoiler:- spoiler:
    How long is left ?
        Spoiler:- [SPOILER:
    Last edited by vodor; 16th August 2012 at 8:51 PM.

How long is left
        Spoiler:- [SPOILER:
        Spoiler:- SPOILER:

Wait,
    They do more then just get married.
    My Anime List

glop glop glop.

Thanks to Raden Surya for the animation
    its been a few years is he still around?
    MyAnime List
    pokemon white fc: 3568-2258-6080
    I'm looking for some good jrpg games for ps2, message me if you have any good suggestions.

Ahem, yes, I have.

Spoiler:- boobies:

It will be tastefully done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    I'm holding high hopes for this anime but I feel the author is quite poor with his characters. The way some of them act isn't very realistic and the reasoning behind certain actions are just dumb. It's still a pretty entertaining anime so far.
    Nah, because you have to remember that everyone in this world is socially awkward .

Spoiler:- SPOILER:
    My Biggest fear in this Anime-
    Asuna Dying !!!!

My Biggest fear in this Anime-
    Asuna Dying !!!!
    I never said she would die. xD

I never said she would die. xD
    No, But I'm still afraid!
    What if Asuna has to die at the end ?
    Does people on the opening dies???

Obligatory Propaganda Post

Sword Art Online, another must watch for any avid anime follower or casual watcher or even those that don't watch at all. Almost everyone I recommended to loved it, except Blue Harvest(she is a loser though ). Although I highly recommend the Light Novels as well which can be found by googling "Baka Tsuki Sword Art Online". I suggest watching the Anime first to get an idea what it is, after the first 6 episodes(current amount of episodes release at this time), you can choose to just wait for the episodes (once a week every saturday or so) or read ahead starting at Volume 1 Chapter 4 in the Light novels (as of episode 6).

Right now there are 10 Novels seperated into 4 Arcs, with Volumes 2 and 8 as side stories which you can skip (some of them were even in the anime). So those watching the Anime who want more after the first Arc(1 season=1 Arc) ends can pick up the Light Novels to read. Strongly reccommend the novels, not as rushed or jumpy as the Anime and plus you don't have to wait a week per episode.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/72c21g.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- :):
        Spoiler:- Credits::

I think the concept is good, and I think they've captured the variety and beauty you can get from an RPG very well. The gaming elements are smartly incorporated too, and I've seen an impressive number of different ways of playing the game, which adds to the massive scale of the world.

But I have a few problems with the series so far. There's not enough action for me, for a start. In seven episodes, I've only seen one big battle (in episode 2). In place of battles, I see one-sided shows of strength with the victor being incredibly obvious before the battle even starts. And the character interactions have felt really rushed. If the characters are only going to appear for one episode, don't try to fit in an entire story about a team's tragic death or a girl's feelings of love and heartbreak in there. Scale it back. All the time spent trying to tell overambitious tales like that has a knock-on effect on the relationship between the two main characters: Kirito and Asuna. Apparently by episode 7 they have a crush on each other, but I saw no real development between them before that beyond them solving a mystery together and Kirito liking Asuna's sandwich.

I understand that the side stories are over now, and the main story begins next week. If the stories get longer, I think the show will get better.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

I'm looking forward to see Kirito & Asuna interaction !
    Does the manga follow the Light Novel ?
    Then I will love to see the scene where Kirito kicks Cradil's butt who was keep getting between Kirito & Asuna!
    Also ,    Spoiler:- spoiler:

I really hope that noone dies ! Specially my favorite one !
    I hate when any character dies.
    Last edited by vodor; 24th August 2012 at 1:45 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast