Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 151 to 175 of 175

Thread: Sword Art Online Discussion

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,074

    Default

    Finally done. So done.

    Though it is good to take an episode to discuss some of the details and things they left hanging, they really should have been doing that all along.

    And Kirito, you ***. You just dented someones car. Use the ground if you wanna bash Sugou's head in, not someone else's car.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Maybe it was Sugou's car.... Ever thought about that?
    I'm back I guess.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasoriSand View Post
    Maybe it was Sugou's car.... Ever thought about that?
    Possibly, but it's a low chance. Hell, would he even be ABLE to drive there? Y'know, with his eye all ****ed up.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    SAO is done for now, until the inevitable second season.

    Best part about this episode was Crossing Field ED, because LiSA is ****ing awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion#06 View Post
    Possibly, but it's a low chance. Hell, would he even be ABLE to drive there? Y'know, with his eye all ****ed up.
    Implying SAO cared about **** being logical.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Clovis, California
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Wow, I haven't posted in this forum in a very long time, despite being my main area...

    Anyway...

    Quote Originally Posted by SasoriSand View Post
    Wait... I'm confused.

    Are we starting ANOTHER season of Aincrad or was the episode just the end of ALfheim Online and next one is going to be Gun Gale?
    What makes you say that? Aincrad was brought to ALO as a new area for players to challenge and probably because SAO players wanted a chance to complete it (haven't finished that light novel yet).
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys


  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    Wow, I haven't posted in this forum in a very long time, despite being my main area...

    Anyway...


    What makes you say that? Aincrad was brought to ALO as a new area for players to challenge and probably because SAO players wanted a chance to complete it (haven't finished that light novel yet).
    Because they said they're going to complete it again and MAYBE they want to show them going through the 100 floors (actually teachinically 110+ counting the basement levels)
    I'm back I guess.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasoriSand View Post
    Because they said they're going to complete it again and MAYBE they want to show them going through the 100 floors (actually teachinically 110+ counting the basement levels)
    Just a convenient plot device to give all the side characters a reason to actually show up. You know, because even though they were all apparently playing ALO Kirito didn't even think to ask them for help saving Asuna. If (when) season 2 rolls around, it'll be GGO.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Clovis, California
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Just a convenient plot device to give all the side characters a reason to actually show up. You know, because even though they were all apparently playing ALO Kirito didn't even think to ask them for help saving Asuna. If (when) season 2 rolls around, it'll be GGO.
    While I haven't finished the ALO part of the light novel yet (near the end anyway), I don't think it was ever indicated if the SAO players immediately went to ALO. I don't think Agil even had an account when he told Kirito about it. I know that Kirito never asked anyone else about the game, so he had no reason to ask for help. He made this his personal mission.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys


  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    242

    Default

    I have never seen this anime before, but it does look interesting, might check it out sometime. The title is pretty cool, too.

    This is on my "to watch" list.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Final Destination
    Posts
    73

    Default

    This is an awesome Animé in my opinion. I hope they animate the rest of the story as well sometime in the future.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

    Music

  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    If GGO ever comes out (Sword art online season 2.) I'm gonna watch it just for the sake of Trap!Kirito.

    Reading the light novel version right now.

    ...just for the sake of Trap!Kirito.



    ...on a side note, there's a HELL of a lot of more thinking and explaining in the light novel. (might possibly be why so many people hated the adaption.)

    I'm having trouble keeping up with all the thinking (Though its possible that thats just because I skipped the earlier light novels just to see Trap!Kirito. XD) honestly. lol


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    I just watched the first episode and was pleasantly surprised, I am awaiting watching it tomorrow.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Serbia,Belgrade
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Ok I read trough some of this thread and it is just sad.
    I've seen SAO and the first few episodes are ok but then the huge time skips and character 180s are just too much to look past.
    The art is good and the soundtrack is way to good for the show but apart from that not much I actually enjoyed.
    Here's a fun fact:SAO was supposed end after the first ark with Kirito waking up and walking trough the hospital but then because if the huge popularity
    Out of the 70-80 anime I have seen SAO is somewere in top 50.
    And as for best anime this season that's a load of ****. In 2012 we had Fate/Zero and Accel World out of the few I've seen.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta8639 View Post
    Here's a fun fact:SAO was supposed end after the first ark with Kirito waking up and walking trough the hospital but then because if the huge popularity
    SAO was announced as being 25 episodes before it started airing, Kirito only woke up in the hospital in episode 14.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta8639 View Post
    Ok I read trough some of this thread and it is just sad.
    I've seen SAO and the first few episodes are ok but then the huge time skips and character 180s are just too much to look past.
    The art is good and the soundtrack is way to good for the show but apart from that not much I actually enjoyed.
    Here's a fun fact:SAO was supposed end after the first ark with Kirito waking up and walking trough the hospital but then because if the huge popularity
    Out of the 70-80 anime I have seen SAO is somewere in top 50.
    And as for best anime this season that's a load of ****. In 2012 we had Fate/Zero and Accel World out of the few I've seen.
    Oh hey, a new members with a good head on their shoulders. Welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    SAO was announced as being 25 episodes before it started airing, Kirito only woke up in the hospital in episode 14.
    I think they're talking about the novels. Maybe.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I think they're talking about the novels. Maybe.
    I don't know, that rest of his post seems fairly anime-centric.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  17. #167
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    I'm still not understanding these character 180's that people are talking about.

    time skips i'll easily give you. Heck, even story I can somewhat give people.

    But I didn't notice any character 180s, possibly because I've read some of their thought processes from the light novel, but meh. ._....

    Though I admit, if I was to watch a possible second season of SAO, it would entirely be for trap kirito. Kill me. XD


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Black Isle, Scotland
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    But I didn't notice any character 180s, possibly because I've read some of their thought processes from the light novel, but meh. ._....
    Well, Asuna went from shy but sweet to confident but intolerant to insecure tsundere for Kirito in the three episodes she first appeared in.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

  19. #169
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Well, Asuna went from shy but sweet to confident but intolerant to insecure tsundere for Kirito in the three episodes she first appeared in.
    She flipped flopped for her characterization. That was part of her character. And no, it was not a 180 personality twist, it was much more of a "I hid myself from you and made myself out to be much stronger then I actually am". I'll give two examples from what I remember off the top of my head.

    During one of the earlier episodes, Kirito objected to the cruelty of "killing NPCs" that Asuna and the rest of knights were suggesting. Then Asuna felt terrible about letting Yui go back when they were a pseudo family. A complete 180 right? Nope. Asuna felt complete remorse for having suggesting that, and she felt that kirito was right during there despite how bad his logic was. Confident Asuna was? No, no she wasn't confident, but she knew she had to be in order to survive. But when Kirito and her "settled down" she started acting more like she wanted to. Expressing her fears and acting somewhat tsun. Having the strength to survive is somewhat of a interpreted theme through the light novel...And the bluring of lines between the viritual and real is another theme I read for myself in the start GGO volume.

    Do you kinda get what i mean? She was never "confident" in truth, she was quite scared.

    The anime gave us glimpses at it, her breaking down and all, but it never explored her in depth, it kinda just said "she was like this this and that". :/...which is quite sad, but she wasn't pulling 180 flips "for the plot" if thats how you wanna put it.

    Any other character 180's people want to tell me? I'm not gonna defend the anime's execution of it, but at least give it a chance to understand it.


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Black Isle, Scotland
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    I wasn't really talking about her putting on a front to the world - I was talking about how she interacted with Kirito. I mean, there was no reason for her to put on a facade in front of Kirito since they knew each other from the boss fight. Heck, he was the one that made her smile at the end of that. So to have her talk to him like some lazy, deadbeat stranger without any affection whatsoever the next time we see them together is pretty jarring.

    If she was really as fragile as you're suggesting, I'd have thought that she would have broken when she was at her most vulnerable - during that first boss fight, when she had zero confidence and was closing herself off from anyone. But she held it together, even when someone died in front of her. That was probably the first time she saw someone die in front of her in Aincrad, too. I stand by my opinion that Asuna is an inconsistent character.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

  21. #171
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I wasn't really talking about her putting on a front to the world - I was talking about how she interacted with Kirito. I mean, there was no reason for her to put on a facade in front of Kirito since they knew each other from the boss fight. Heck, he was the one that made her smile at the end of that. So to have her talk to him like some lazy, deadbeat stranger without any affection whatsoever the next time we see them together is pretty jarring.

    If she was really as fragile as you're suggesting, I'd have thought that she would have broken when she was at her most vulnerable - during that first boss fight, when she had zero confidence and was closing herself off from anyone. But she held it together, even when someone died in front of her. That was probably the first time she saw someone die in front of her in Aincrad, too. I stand by my opinion that Asuna is an inconsistent character.
    I wouldn't say its that jarring. She came there and reprimanded him for being so lazy about not doing stuff. A girl trying to talk sense into a guy who's being lazy about it. I never felt like it had anything to do with how she was like that. She just wanted to look professional and him to act a little bit more serious because he wasn't doing much.
    ...As for after, we all know that despite her reprimanding, and what she was saying having valid points, she wanted be down there sleeping as well. She still has pride, which is what was showing there...but she would of loved to sleep, and kirito continuously knocked her down and made her feel more...I guess i could say at home. :P One or two experiences do not immediately change a person anyway, that's when they start to go after the person.

    You seem to misinterpret the way I say she was "Scared" (Or I typed it wrong...I'm not sure I'm sorry if I did). Have you ever talked to someone who went to war? They're always feeling butterflies before a battle. They're always scared, but once they're in there, they go all out to "survive". Or they freak. That can happen too.
    She was not confident in knowing she was gonna be okay...But she wasn't "weak" persay. She was just scared, and admitting that to kirito in a weak/tsun way is not supposed to prove she's inconstant with the way she acted earlier.

    And she already had to deal with the fact that they could die. She said earlier that she was going to go out there and fight despite the possibility of dieing, because she is stubborn (the anime says it as "because its me"). I'm pretty sure THAT was consistent. XD


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some mountain in kanto
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Here's a fun fact:SAO was supposed end after the first ark with Kirito waking up and walking trough the hospital but then because if the huge popularity
    Same as one piece (buggy arc), naruto (haku/zabuza), bleach, fairy tale, etc, they didn't know how long they were going to be on for and the beginning of the series showed that, at least SAO was so obvious it just made continuous story, that's how just how it works in japan buddy.

    I hope they continue the story in a time line rather then directly how the manga worked out, it works better for most anime with a manga with a broken storyline and what gains them independent popularity apart from the manga regardless of what the fans think and regardless of how the manga panned out (They did this with trigun and the anime was a huge success, regardless of uber fans like me who we're disappointed because the manga had way better fight scenes, however the manga was cut up into pieces and was to long to put into a 26 episode format because the author had no idea that the series would be this popular).
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite.

    image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Same as one piece (buggy arc), naruto (haku/zabuza), bleach, fairy tale, etc, they didn't know how long they were going to be on for and the beginning of the series showed that,
    Yes, they did. It was always planned as 25 episodes.

    that's how just how it works in japan buddy.
    No, apart from long running shounen, most series have their episode count set in stone before airing, with the odd exception with a series like Uchuu Kyoudai.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Black Isle, Scotland
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I wouldn't say its that jarring. She came there and reprimanded him for being so lazy about not doing stuff. A girl trying to talk sense into a guy who's being lazy about it. I never felt like it had anything to do with how she was like that. She just wanted to look professional and him to act a little bit more serious because he wasn't doing much.
    ...As for after, we all know that despite her reprimanding, and what she was saying having valid points, she wanted be down there sleeping as well. She still has pride, which is what was showing there...but she would of loved to sleep, and kirito continuously knocked her down and made her feel more...I guess i could say at home. :P One or two experiences do not immediately change a person anyway, that's when they start to go after the person.
    Her actions make sense if you look at things from a practical stance, but not from an emotional one. There was a definite bond forged between the two after that first boss battle. But the next time we see them, Kirito's first thought is something like "Oh great, it's her", likely because he knows that Asuna's just going to treat him with disdain. They should be friends, but they're not. Bonds like that shouldn't just disappear.

    You seem to misinterpret the way I say she was "Scared" (Or I typed it wrong...I'm not sure I'm sorry if I did). Have you ever talked to someone who went to war? They're always feeling butterflies before a battle. They're always scared, but once they're in there, they go all out to "survive". Or they freak. That can happen too.
    She was not confident in knowing she was gonna be okay...But she wasn't "weak" persay. She was just scared, and admitting that to kirito in a weak/tsun way is not supposed to prove she's inconstant with the way she acted earlier.
    I don't think you can admit weakness in a tsun way, but I see what you're getting at. Fair enough.

    And she already had to deal with the fact that they could die. She said earlier that she was going to go out there and fight despite the possibility of dieing, because she is stubborn (the anime says it as "because its me"). I'm pretty sure THAT was consistent. XD
    Funny how for all her talk about going out there to fight, Kirito's the one that ends up duelling for her freedom rather than Asuna. She could have fought for herself against Heathcliff, and even if she lost, I don't see how her situation would have worsened, and it would have sent a pretty strong statement about her feelings to the Knights of the Blood Oath.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Clovis, California
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I wasn't really talking about her putting on a front to the world - I was talking about how she interacted with Kirito. I mean, there was no reason for her to put on a facade in front of Kirito since they knew each other from the boss fight. Heck, he was the one that made her smile at the end of that. So to have her talk to him like some lazy, deadbeat stranger without any affection whatsoever the next time we see them together is pretty jarring.

    If she was really as fragile as you're suggesting, I'd have thought that she would have broken when she was at her most vulnerable - during that first boss fight, when she had zero confidence and was closing herself off from anyone. But she held it together, even when someone died in front of her. That was probably the first time she saw someone die in front of her in Aincrad, too. I stand by my opinion that Asuna is an inconsistent character.
    Unfortunately, this is one of those shows where you may need to read the source material (if you haven't already) to get a better idea of the characters. The light novel is still pretty terrible, but it still has more detail. But then the Aincrad stories are pretty fragmented because the writer has a bunch of side-stories written in later volumes that characterize the cast a bit more. Bits of these stories were referenced in the first volume (and slightly in the anime), and I think one or two stories were even animated.

    This might have actually been mentioned on the show in later episodes, but Asuna hid away when everyone learned about the perma-death. But then she decided to head out anyway because she was tried to hiding. Before meeting Kirito, her actions were somewhat suicidal, as she kind of didn't care about dying, as she expected it to happen anyway. It's not that she lacked confidence; she almost didn't care. It was Kirito who gave her some hope that the game could be beaten.

    But yeah...Sword Art Online (and Accel World for that matter as well) is all wish-fulfillment. Written by the same person, but at least Accel World takes itself a bit more seriously (from what I hear).
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys


Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •