Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I never said sales equal quality, I said people have a different opinion to you about what is and isn't quality, and those people have obviously bought SAO.

You sure use that defense a-lot.

Yet you fail to see it apply to your 'faves'. Not looking at the sales, but the part where opinion does not determine quality.

Let's take Chihaya for example, just because you and the 3-4 other major 'other anime' posters love it, does not make it a masterpiece. The 'other anime' crowd is a microcosm of the entire anime-consuming world. Many people will not enjoy it due to the unique, dull/boring(Karuta battles/matches) qualities that anime possesses.

That should not take away from your enjoyment of Chihaya, or SAO(that many a fan will not care or value them in the same regard you do), nor require you to defend them.

At the end of the day, as you love saying, all you, I, or anyone can say is 'opinion,' not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    You sure use that defense a-lot.
    It's not a defense, that enough people obviously think SAO is quality is a fact based on how it's doing sales wise, whether or not their opinion is correct is another matter entirely.

Yet you fail to see it apply to your 'faves'. Not looking at the sales, but the part where opinion does not determine quality.

Let's take Chihaya for example, just because you and the 3-4 other major 'other anime' posters love it, does not make it a masterpiece. The 'other anime' crowd is a microcosm of the entire anime-consuming world.
    I don't see what Chihayafuru has to do with any of this, but whatever. I don't really care if Chihayafuru is indeed a masterpiece or not, the only thing that matters to me is whether or not I can enjoy the series, and I enjoyed the hell out of Chihayafuru.

Many people will not enjoy it due to the unique, dull/boring(Karuta battles/matches) qualities that anime possesses.
    There loss really, you would think people, especially anime fans, would learn by now to never judge a book by it's cover. Anime has a habit of taking a premise that seems dull and boring and turning it into something great, take K-ON! for instance. Who ever would have thought five girls sitting around eating cake and drinking tea could be entertaining?

That should not take away from your enjoyment of Chihaya, or SAO(that many a fan will not care or value them in the same regard you do), nor require you to defend them.
    It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of either series, and as I said I wasn't defending SAO, I was simply pointing out the fact that regardless of whether or not they're right, enough people like SAO enough to see it having great sales.

At the end of the day, as you love saying, all you, I, or anyone can say is 'opinion,' not fact.
    That a lot of people seem to think SAO is quality is a fact though, because, once again, the sales back that up.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

There loss really, you would think people, especially anime fans, would learn by now to never judge a book by it's cover. Anime has a habit of taking a premise that seems dull and boring and turning it into something great, take K-ON! for instance. Who ever would have thought five girls sitting around eating cake and drinking tea could be entertaining?

That a lot of people seem to think SAO is quality is a fact though, because, once again, the sales back that up.
    K-On! IS indeed entertaining. No one is saying bad animu aren't entertaining, though, if only at times.

The power of the purse argument? That's rich, I mean poor. Lots of folk with bad taste in animu have nice expendable incomes, and use that income to buy said animu.

Mob mentality(via work of mouth and copious hyping) leads to more folk of unfortunate taste buying said animu. As you can see, a bunch of folk with poorly placed taste and disposable income buying mediocre animu does not support the argument that high sales speak for quality. When the curtain falls they still have bad taste.

All this being said, I watch SAO, and enjoy parts of it, but I still think it's mediocre.

Mob mentality(via work of mouth and copious hyping) leads to more folk of unfortunate taste buying said animu. As you can see, a bunch of folk with poorly placed taste and disposable income buying mediocre animu does not support the argument that high sales speak for quality. When the curtain falls they still have bad taste.
    You're right, and not once have I said any different.
    My Anime List

You're right, and not once have I said any different.
    Well you kind of did. You said SAO's sales meant/support it was quality stuffs. But let's take any further talk of sales and quality to VM.

Well you kind of did. You said SAO's sales meant/support it was quality stuffs
    I don't think he ever did but whatever.

Also, it's Chihayafuru. That was bugging me.

The system administrators of ALO are such trolls.

the episode was pretty cool ^^ im so glad hes going to dual wield again! ive been waiting for this!

I'm going to assume Durian just blocked everything that Jolt said to get his "point" across... Seriously, if you don't like SAO why the hell are you in the discussion?

NEW TOPIC!

Now that Kirito has passed The World Tree I really hope that the Cait Sith and the Slyphs are going to go raid again to have Sugu and Recon join him.
    I'm back I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SasoriSand View Post
    I'm going to assume Durian just blocked everything that Jolt said to get his "point" across... Seriously, if you don't like SAO why the hell are you in the discussion?

NEW TOPIC!

Now that Kirito has passed The World Tree I really hope that the Cait Sith and the Slyphs are going to go raid again to have Sugu and Recon join him.
    i was wondering about that. will they have to change races to do that? im just excited to see him dual wield again ^^ i really hope we get alot of action in the next 2 episodes

Quote Originally Posted by SasoriSand View Post
    if you don't like SAO why the hell are you in the discussion?
    You would hate the SAO discussion threads on MAL.
    My Anime List

MAL SAO discussion threads are just, wow.
    And that's why I only read the first page, which is usually filled with positive comments, since the fans usually post first before any arguments start to surface :3

Yey gogogo Kirito-kun~
    dat little duel between Kirito and sugu <3

Todays episode was just so awesome! Oberon was a push over >< atleast kayaba knew how to use a sword

SAO is alright I only up to episode 10. Still the series is kind meh to me unless it gets better later.

Check out my new art thread right here on Serebii!

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::

As much as I don't care about Asuna, Oberon was still a freak to her and he deserved that pain.

There goes ALFheim Online... now let's hope for Gun Gale Online!

Seriously though... there's like 2 instances of tentacle rape, attempted rape, and actual rape in this entire series... please Japan... WTF
    I'm back I guess.

Yay! It's over! Wait, there's one more episode? groooooan

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    SAO is alright I only up to episode 10. Still the series is kind meh to me unless it gets better later.
    HA HA NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    As much as I don't care about Asuna, Oberon was still a freak to her and he deserved that pain.
    It was still kind of weird seeing the main character kill the villain with that much brutality. It's obvious how much of a slime ball he is and how much he deserved it, but heroes are supposed to be above doing things like that. And like it or not, Kirito's the hero character in this story.

It's like seeing Batman use a gun. It's like "Yeah! That jerk deserved it!" but at the same time it's a little unsettling and feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    HA HA NOPE.
    I think the second half was better than the first, the lack of jumping around randomly really helped.

It was still kind of weird seeing the main character kill the villain with that much brutality. It's obvious how much of a slime ball he is and how much he deserved it, but heroes are supposed to be above doing things like that. And like it or not, Kirito's the hero character in this story.

It's like seeing Batman use a gun. It's like "Yeah! That jerk deserved it!" but at the same time it's a little unsettling and feels wrong.
    Hey now, good guys are allowed to be brutal every now and then.

Spoiler:- :
    My Anime List

I think the second half was better than the first, the lack of jumping around randomly really helped.
    That part is better, yes.

Hey now, good guys are allowed to be brutal every now and then.

Spoiler:- :
    I think there should be a "descent into madness" clause.

Spoiler:- GGO will have to wait 'til Season 2. Can't wait for much better writing and Kirito being more balanced and sexy.:
    Please help my dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I think there should be a "descent into madness" clause.
    I think there should be a "attempted virtual rape of your girlfriend" clause.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sparks View Post
        Spoiler:
    You mean Kirito looks like a girl? Hasn't stopped the rest of the female cast.

I think there should be a "attempted virtual rape of your girlfriend" clause.
    Touché.

I think there should be a "multiple instances of rape" clause.

So Kirito-tier members........ Have fun!
    I'm back I guess.

And it's finally over. Regardless of what other people thought, I thought it was pretty good. I wouldn't mind another season someday. Also, it took me a few seconds to realize the blue haired girl was Asuna...

Wait... I'm confused.

Are we starting ANOTHER season of Aincrad or was the episode just the end of ALfheim Online and next one is going to be Gun Gale?
    I'm back I guess.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast