Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever engage in any keep away ships?

Nope, not at all.

I actually welcome competition for my pairings, as weird as that may be. In the past, I was a massive PokeShipper and one of my favourite episodes of Pokemon was Misty Meets Her Match. For me, Rudy was not an obstacle. His presence only heighten Ash's feelings for Misty and I believed Ash was jealous. Wow, I was such a kid to think Ash had romantic feelings for anyone.

This doesn't just apply to Pokemon, but I often pair characters with more than one person (even my OTPs). Although, I wouldn't call myself a multishipper because, for the most part, I tend to believe there is one person they belong with; their true love if you will. But then, I do quite enjoy the many assortments of crushes, friendships and other relationships that they may or may not have - serious or otherwise. All of which are quite shippable (um, not sure if that's the right word).

I just feel a lot of the times, most shippers are so protective of their ships that they see every other person as a threat. Now, I'm not saying all of them operate on a "if they can't have him or her, then no one can" mentality, but there are an odd few that do. Believe me, I've been chewed out over stuff like this before. It's kind of scary how some shippers want certain characters to "GTFO" or "die in a hole" simply for having any sort of interation with one half of their ship. I wish they would understand writers bring in new characters for a reason, and if said character is a potental love interest, then it's usually to spice up the show and cause conflict for the popular couple of the show. It's a typical plot device, not an intention to screw over a shipping. OK, so I'm definitely not talking about Pokemon here, but that always bugged me. Again, not every shipper is like this. I know I'm not.

Also, why must everyone be paired up with someone? There are many characters I really couldn't care less about, let alone the ins-and-outs of their love lives. Lastly, if I ship two characters together, it is because I like them together. Not for the petty reason of leading them away from my desired pairing.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Quote Originally Posted by meowth_city View Post
    Nope, not at all.

I actually welcome competition for my pairings, as weird as that may be. In the past, I was a massive PokeShipper and one of my favourite episodes of Pokemon was Misty Meets Her Match. For me, Rudy was not an obstacle. His presence only heighten Ash's feelings for Misty and I believed Ash was jealous. Wow, I was such a kid to think Ash had romantic feelings for anyone.

This doesn't just apply to Pokemon, but I often pair characters with more than one person (even my OTPs). Although, I wouldn't call myself a multishipper because, for the most part, I tend to believe there is one person they belong with; their true love if you will. But then, I do quite enjoy the many assortments of crushes, friendships and other relationships that they may or may not have - serious or otherwise. All of which are quite shippable (um, not sure if that's the right word).

I just feel a lot of the times, most shippers are so protective of their ships that they see every other person as a threat. Now, I'm not saying all of them operate on a "if they can't have him or her, then no one can" mentality, but there are an odd few that do. Believe me, I've been chewed out over stuff like this before. It's kind of scary how some shippers want certain characters to "GTFO" or "die in a hole" simply for having any sort of interation with one half of their ship. I wish they would understand writers bring in new characters for a reason, and if said character is a potental love interest, then it's usually to spice up the show and cause conflict for the popular couple of the show. It's a typical plot device, not an intention to screw over a shipping. OK, so I'm definitely not talking about Pokemon here, but that always bugged me. Again, not every shipper is like this. I know I'm not.

Also, why must everyone be paired up with someone? There are many characters I really couldn't care less about, let alone the ins-and-outs of their love lives. Lastly, if I ship two characters together, it is because I like them together. Not for the petty reason of leading them away from my desired pairing.
    Are you talking about some of the shippers on fanfiction.net? I agree some can be truly horrible.

Sometimes you read fanfics that serve no purpose but to villainfy or bash a ship or character and make them look as terrible as possible, often making everyone out of character to do so.

There are also some fanfics I've seen that make Misty very bitter or jealous of every girl Ash travels with, which I did bizarre. Misty is not some sort of jealous angry individual who hates every girl she sees, I don't know why some shippers write her like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Are you talking about some of the shippers on fanfiction.net? I agree some can be truly horrible.
    Not just on there, but mostly yes. For that reason, I tend to stay away from the Pokemon fandom fics on fanfiction.net

I once got attacked by a Pokeshipper for shipping Ash with another girl. Apparently I am not a true respectable Pokeshipper for engaging in such blasphemous thoughts. Well, if that's the case, then fine. I don't get any satisfaction in calling myself a shipper, Pokeshipper or otherwise.

Outside of that, the site is relatively... okay. I read some genuinely good stuff on there, so I'm not going to allow one crazed nut to scare me off.

Sometimes you read fanfics that serve no purpose but to villainfy or bash a ship or character and make them look as terrible as possible, often making everyone out of character to do so.

There are also some fanfics I've seen that make Misty very bitter or jealous of every girl Ash travels with, which I did bizarre. Misty is not some sort of jealous angry individual who hates every girl she sees, I don't know why some shippers write her like this.
    Wow, that's... I don't have the words. It seems very odd to write soley for those reasons. I view the written word highly, and I just find it sad that some people have to bash a shipping through fanfic.

Was that a Pokeshipping fanfic? Because, honestly, if I read anything like that, I would not find that version of Misty to be worth shipping in the first place. It would probably bring me closer to disliking that ship. Of course, I would never actually hate a pairing based on badly written fan fiction, but you get my drift.

Now, back on topic, I'm cool with people having keep away ships. You know, whatever floats your boat (pun intended), but when it goes as far as flaming other pairings, I'm not down with that. I respect everyone's right to ship whoever they want regardless of their reasons.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Actually the odd thing is I've seen every single main girl ship do it and pearl is always the black sheep of the main girl family, I see it being bashed in that format more than any other main girl ship. ;(

It really turns non fanatical shippers off many shipping stories, which is why I mainly read OC fics and PMD style stuff or fics that make shipping a side thing instead of the main focus, ie latias' journey.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    I think pretty much everyone who is a shipper is guilty of this.

If someone ships Pearl or Ikari, they might pair Zoey and Kenny together. If someone ships Sommelier, they might pair Trip and Iris or Iris and Ash together. Those are just a few examples, but there are dozens more.
    I agree, I ship Iris and Trip if I ship PokeShipping (Ash x Misty).
    WARNING : I really hiatus from Pokeani Spoiler because I move to other anime fandom. It doesn't mean I hate Pokeani, but I should keep my reputation for not being annoyed by stranger people who doesn't like/underestimate Pokeani. If you want to CHAT about POKEANI with me, please CONTACT me below. Thanks
    Follow my Twitter : @mega_shootiepie | Blackberry Messenger : 2b37cbed (Mega ShootiePie) (will move to BBM because I am gonna have new phone) | LINE : mega_shootiepie

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Actually the odd thing is I've seen every single main girl ship do it and pearl is always the black sheep of the main girl family, I see it being bashed in that format more than any other main girl ship. ;(
    Yeah, I've seen so many fics who paint Dawn as a jealous sl*t who just wants to take [insert main girl here] away from Ash. It's just... totally stupid. And then there's the aforementioned bitter and jealous Misty, who, funnily enough, appears in PokéShipping fanfics most often. Sometimes I just don't understand people.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    I think pretty much everyone who is a shipper is guilty of this.

If someone ships Pearl or Ikari, they might pair Zoey and Kenny together. If someone ships Sommelier, they might pair Trip and Iris or Iris and Ash together. Those are just a few examples, but there are dozens more.
    Well, maybe that PearlShipper or IkariShipping pairs Zoey and Kenny together because that shipper actually likes that shipping, and not because it's beneficial for PearlShipping/IkariShipping. I don't think it's fair to say that all shippers support keep-away shippings. I'm a PokeShipper who supports ContestShipping as well. But I don't do that to keep May away from Ash, I do that because I really think May and Drew are a good couple. I don't think that's engaging in keep-away shippings. And there's no need to keep May away from Ash, I don't think May has any feelings for Ashyboy at all. If I wouldn't care about any May shipping, I'd just choose to not ship her with anyone.

As I said, I'm a die-hard PokeShipper. I'm often accused of supporting keep-away shippings, because I don't multiship and support many shippings that are beneficial to PokeShipping. That idea is made even stronger because I'm way more fanatic about PokeShipping (and Pikachu x Togetic, to an extent) than about any other shipping I support. My shipping list:
    - Ash x Misty (OTP)
    - May x Drew
    - Tracey x Daisy
    - Brock x Lucy
    - Dawn x Zoey
    - Iris x Cilan
    - Gary x Melody
    - Rudy x Marina (Orange Islands)
    - Wallace x Cynthia
    - Morty x Sabrina
    - Ash's Pikachu x Misty's Togetic
    - Falkner x Skyla
    - Casey x Georgio
    - Ash's Totodile x Misty's Corsola

However, I don't support those to keep characters away from Ash and Misty, I just really think those shippings are nice, and think those characters would be nice couples. Sure, they're more beneficial to PokeShipping than PokeShipping's rival shippings, but that's not my reason to support them.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 27th October 2012 at 4:14 PM.

I agree. Misty was a very easy-to-read individual. Unless the girl had an attitude, Misty wasn't the one to act mean. Jealousy is just a state of mind especially if you're traveling with them. I dont understand however why would someone create another girl in a fac fic to have Misty jealous instead of just making a fan fic about Misty confessing her feelings or Ash noticing her. It's a fan fic, so you can do what you want. I wouldn't make fan fics about Paul and Dawn just to have some girl get Dawn jealous over. that would be a waist of time.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    Well, maybe that PearlShipper or IkariShipping pairs Zoey and Kenny together because that shipper actually likes that shipping, and not because it's beneficial for PearlShipping/IkariShipping. I don't think it's fair to say that all shippers support keep-away shippings.
    Actually, I am totally guilty of doing this... Heh...

Still, I only truly support four ships nowadays (Pearl, Wishful, Contest, Shocking), do it doesn't matter, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Actually, I am totally guilty of doing this... Heh...
    SAME! Granted I play around with some ships, but I never actually "multi ship" and support them the same. :/ (Well Poke and Pearl comes close but they aren't in my OTPs xD; ) but I have heard people dislike it when people ship different ships because they keep Ash with the girl they want, but really, I enjoy Contest-Wishful w/e for what they are and not because they protect an Ash ship, which I'm glad to see others that way too because tbh I felt in the minority. XD;
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I would like to say that I have never engaged in this, but I have. At heart, I'm a multi-shipper since there are a lot of story opportunities. But I do have a few that I hate to break up and depending on the circumstances, I will pair them off with someone else just to keep from interfering. Otherwise, I let them run parallel of each other or ignore the character all together. But will I ship a hard core keep away? No. I just don't have it in me to do so. If I have a true problem with the ship, I'll just ignore it's existence xD.

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1538-5543
    Friend Safari Type: Grass - Oddish, Gogoat, Sawsbuck

Back when I was a huge Pokeshipper, I purposely shipped Handymanshipping and Contestshipping so that May and Tracey wouldn't interfere with my ship.

Looking back, it was dumb. I still ship Contestshipping but for good reason now, and I kind of ship Ash with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    Back when I was a huge Pokeshipper, I purposely shipped Handymanshipping and Contestshipping so that May and Tracey wouldn't interfere with my ship.

Looking back, it was dumb. I still ship Contestshipping but for good reason now, and I kind of ship Ash with everyone.
    Why did you need to support HandymanShipping and ContestShipping for that? You also could've just not shipped them at all. Then there is no reason why they would have to interfere with PokeShipping.

I'm a huge PokeShipper and I support HandymanShipping and ContestShipping because I really like them. If I wouldn't like any Tracey or May shipping, I'd just not ship them at all, there's no need for keep-away shipping. I only support HandymanShipping and ContestShipping because I like these shippings.

No offense intended, I just want to understand why a keep-away-shipper chooses to support certain shippings instead of just not shipping those characters at all.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 20th November 2012 at 12:03 PM.

I thought you geuinely liked Contestshipping from the start though, based on some previous posts you made on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    Why did you need to support HandymanShipping and ContestShipping for that? You also could've just not shipped them at all. Then there is no reason why they would have to interfere with PokeShipping.

I'm a huge PokeShipper and I support HandymanShipping and ContestShipping because I really like them. If I wouldn't like any Tracey or May shipping, I'd just not ship them at all, there's no need for keep-away shipping. I only support HandymanShipping and ContestShipping because I like these shippings.

No offense intended, I just want to understand why a keep-away-shipper chooses to support certain shippings instead of just not shipping those characters at all.
    Well it's not like I continue to keep-away ship, this was back when I was young and only cared about Ash and Misty. Like I said, it was dumb and I was only a keep-away shipper for a very short amount of time.

I thought you geuinely liked Contestshipping from the start though, based on some previous posts you made on this forum.
    I did like Contestshipping, just for the wrong reason. I've always been a Contestshipper, but when the ship first came around I was really young and to me the only characters that mattered were Ash and Misty. But like I said before, I wasn't a keep-away shipper for that long.

Well it's not like I continue to keep-away ship, this was back when I was young and only cared about Ash and Misty. Like I said, it was dumb and I was only a keep-away shipper for a very short amount of time.
    Good that you only was one for a short amount of time. And sorry if my question offended you. I also care about PokeShipping way, way, way more than any other shipping I support, but I just don't ship a character if I don't really like any shipping for him/her. I just personally don't see the point of keep-away shippings.

I did like Contestshipping, just for the wrong reason. I've always been a Contestshipper, but when the ship first came around I was really young and to me the only characters that mattered were Ash and Misty. But like I said before, I wasn't a keep-away shipper for that long.
    Huh? If you only support a shipping purely for keep-away, then you don't really like it...

*Sigh* Yes. Mostly because I'm an Advanceshipper and I still like Misty and Dawn, so I support Egoshipping (MistyxGary) and Ikarishipping (DawnxPaul). But I don't go out and try to find those fanfics. I'm glad if they show up in an AaMayL fic, but I don't really...what's the right word? Yearn for them.

Oh, that's the term you use to define that sort of shipping? Intriguing.

To answer the question: No. I'm a notorious Multishipper, but I prefer to at least fully support my shippings than to use them in such a fashion. That's just how I ship, I suppose. Even when I was a very silly shipper, I didn't do this simply because I didn't watch enough to do this.

Honestly no.

I don't see what's the point of keep away ships. You don't need to support a different pairing just to make your OTP seem more plausible, if you ask me.

If I like two characters together, I'll ship them together, even if one of them involves one character from my OTP.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

I didn't support a keep away ship until about two days ago.

I was at a loss, there had to be something to stop it from happening to keep my belurved Wishful canon. So, despite all of my morals and "Everyone for Everyone" philosophy, I shipped Dento's spoon (Florence) x his Yandere Salad fork.

CutleryShipping.

//In the process of making fanart--crap. That's not keep away then// I really don't like this ship u_u;;; I just support it because you know it's too out there not to
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12