View Poll Results: What's your favorit Pokemon Special arc?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red/Blue/Green

13 12.26%
  • Yellow

6 5.66%
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal

21 19.81%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

28 26.42%
  • FireRed/LeafGreen

15 14.15%
  • Emerald

5 4.72%
  • Diamond/Pearl

12 11.32%
  • Platinum

1 0.94%
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver

0 0%
  • Black/White

5 4.72%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PokeSpe Topic: Favorite story arc in Pokemon Special?

Default PokeSpe Topic: Favorite story arc in Pokemon Special?

I was wondering if there was a topic for this, and after looking through the two pages in the Manga discussion, there weren't. So, which Pokemon Special arc is your favorite? So far mine is a tie between GSC, and DP. Also, I'm I'm sorry for misspelling favorite in the poll, I was rushing when I typed it.
    Last edited by funrush; 9th September 2011 at 10:49 PM.

A easier question for me would be which arc I didn't like. The Emerald arc was the only one I wasn't to crazy for, not because of Emerald himself, I'm one of the few that actually liked the crazy little brat, but I really wasn't fond of the Hoenn Frontier Brains. They all seemed like jerks. Especially Brandon and Tucker. But that's not what this topic is about.

The HGSS arc is the only arc I really have no opinion on right now but for my favorite arcs. I love them all but tied for first would be GSC, FRLG, RS, DP, and RBG for the memories XD that's kind of everything isn't it? I'm so undecided.

Edit: The only reason Platinum and BW haven't made it for me just yet is because they aren't finished yet. They could make it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

My favorite chapter is the Diamond & Pearl chapter.

I like pretty much all of them...except Emerald.

I didn't care for Emerald that much, and I wanted to see what happened to the dexholders after they were petrified. Not watch some brat who dislikes Pokemon battle the brains. :/

I didn't like when Crystal was first introduced for the same reason. Gold and Silver were sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Next chapter, this new girl is introduced, but we get no explanation on what happened to Gold and Silver untill several chapters later. However, I liked Crystal's character alright. I still didn't care for Emerald even after the dexholders were freed from petrification.

My favorite would have to be the Gold and Silver arc. Just because Gold is my favorite dexholder, and it was such a refreshing change from R/G/B/Y
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 9th September 2011 at 11:53 PM.

A tie between Red/Blue/Green, Fire Red/Leaf Green, and Black and White.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2gvkkd4.jpg[/IMG]
    snarky hipster tennis boys
    claimscreditstumblr
    fukubuchou

Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    I didn't like when Crystal was first introduced for the same reason. Gold and Silver were sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Next chapter, this new girl is introduced, but we get no explanation on what happened to Gold and Silver untill several chapters later.
    Honestly, I love Crystal as a character and if you ask me, the sudden switch made me wonder what happened to Gold and Silver and what Kusaka was planning. So I waited two volumes of enjoyable stories of Crystal and eventually, Gold and Silver returned in a pretty cool plot twist.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I like all the arcs, but I really, really, really love the Diamond & Pearl arc.

In order of preference (not counting Black/White):

Red/Blue/Green > Gold/Silver/Crystal > Yellow > Diamond/Pearl > Platinum > HeartGold/SoulSilver > Ruby/Sapphire > FireRed/LeafGreen > Emerald

I like the R/B/G arc best mainly because it provided the best Team Rocket story ever, which went from a subplot like in the games and then wound up taking over the main plot, and was very suprising in it's complexity. Red, Blue, and Green were also all great lead characters, and the side characters (Professor Oak, Bill, the Gym Leaders, etc.) were all done perfectly. It was great.

G/S/C, Yellow, D/P, and Platinum are all great arcs (though Platinum still has yet to finish, the two volumes it has are awesome), and from what I've seen of HG/SS, it's good. I did not care for the Generation III arcs though. Ruby and Sapphire were annoying leads, the villains were noticeably weaker than what we've had before, and Groudon and Kyogre's fight went on forever. There were multiple flaws in FR/LG's story, and the character of Emerald singlehandedly dragged his arc down to being the weakest (it wasn't exactly bad, the Frontier Brains were awesome after all, it was just....weak. Weak hero, weak villain, generally weak storyline.)

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Honestly, I love Crystal as a character and if you ask me, the sudden switch made me wonder what happened to Gold and Silver and what Kusaka was planning. So I waited two volumes of enjoyable stories of Crystal and eventually, Gold and Silver returned in a pretty cool plot twist.
    Indeed, Crys was awesome and the wait for Gold and Silver's return helped build great suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I really wasn't fond of the Hoenn Frontier Brains. They all seemed like jerks. Especially Brandon and Tucker.
    OK, you may have to reread that arc; they were jerks to Emerald because he was a jerk to them first. He assaulted and tied Tucker up when he first arrived, for Arceus' sake, so Tucker was more than justified in despising the little twerp afterward.

And they all seemed like jerks? How is Greta a jerk? How is Spencer a jerk!?
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 10th September 2011 at 4:37 AM.

I like the GSC arc, not only because is about my favorite Gen, I like it because has a new history involving Team Rocket, and because the Johto Trio aren't in the "I want to be dah most awesome Pokemon mastaaa" , they travel around Johto in a mission that not involved battling gym leaders

And Crys and Silver are awesome.

And in second place: RS, because i a very dramatic arc, is like a Pokémon novel!
    Hi! I'm Mexican, and I'm trying to learn more English, so if you found a mistake in my post, tell me! I want to be better!

My favorite arc is R/S. I thought it was overall a great arc, characters and everything. Not to mention, the climax was crazy epic.

Second favorite arc would be G/S/C. <3

Banners made by kyogreblue3!

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~

Spoiler:- Other sig stuff:

Where's the "All of them" option?

Seriously, I can never decide on which is my favorite. Every time I do, I think "Hmm, but I also liked that arc too... >___<;; "

Voted for R/S arc, since I LOVE the characters and the plot! But honestly, I love almost all of them too much. (Though I haven't finished reading DPP or HGSS- arcs yet. D: )

I voted for the G/S/C chapter. My next choice after would have the FR/LG chapter. I got bored with the R/S chapter so I skipped it and I didn't finish the Emerald chapter quite yet. I really need to finish it ASAP!

This is a tough one as I have a problem with each arc that decreases the entertainment value some. But, I would to say either the R/G/B arc and the R/S arc. I like the first arc as it was pretty simple and how they tried to wove TR into everything that involved Kantou. It helps that all the characters were, at least, fun to read about even if they weren't too developed.

I like the R/S arc since I do greatly enjoy reading about Shappire's journey. Ruby's wasn't as fun, but I still liked it enough to keep reading. It's too bad the whole race thing wasn't done again, I liked it.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

All the series i read up in til now are all great, but g/s/c wins my vote. I loved the story, and character development.

I pretty much like all of them. The ones that stuck out to me though were FR/LG, G/S/C, and R/S

voted for the G/S/C chapter. My next choice after would have the FR/LG chapter. I got bored with the R/S chapter so I skipped it and I didn't finish the Emerald chapter quite yet. I really need to finish it ASAP!

I voted for the G/S/C chapter of the manga. I loved all the chapters of the Manga but the G/S/C chapter had the best storyline and Gold was classic. He always had me laughing
    My next choice would have been the FR/LG chapter. I liked the way it was written and it was a very exciting chapter. It had some parts where I was shocked. FR/LG chapter was another great chapter of the manga.

I haven't finished the Emerald chapter and I haven't even started the D/P chapter yet. I need to get on that right away.

You'll enjoy the DP chapter. It works so well, I can't wait to see when Dia, Pearl, and Platinum interact with the other dex holders.

I'm on the Emerald arc right now, but so far, my favourite is the G/S/C arc.
    The story is awesome (I like it how the other Pokedex holders are involved), and how you get to see the character's past.
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2mybtrp.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credits :

My favorite arcs were R/B/G, D/P,B/W so far. I love the way Red's journey was played out. And DP arc I love the chemistry between Dia,Pearl and Platina. And the B/W just started but I like Black's character.

Banner made by Skiyomi

:< Can there be an "All" button xD

Really though since the first one that captured my interest into it was GSC I'm going to go with that. (Plus I haven't been keeping up with BW ^^; )
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Ack, too hard to just pick one. It's a tie between GSC and yellow they were both awesome and after them the series started using "traditional pokemon battles" as opposed to the 1st KO losses battles they always used prior to RS and I prefer those.

Why is there not an 'all' option?

This was a really tough choice but I picked the FR/LG chapter. That was the chapter that captured my attention the most out of all the chapters I've read of the Manga.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

There's no all option because you can only pick ten choices. There wan't enough room for an all option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast