Thread: Where to get a good deal in England? (Bristol)

Default Where to get a good deal in England? (Bristol)

Me and a couple of friends have recently started collecting again, but it seems like no places care about the cards anymore.

We've taken to using Amazon and EBay to get good priced packs but obviously we have to wait for delivery, which isn't quite the same as buying packs and opening them right away.

Credit to 'Flame of Madness'

Head to somewhere like GAME, if there's still one open in Bath or Bristol anymore.

They should sell collector tins and boosters at the very least - the GAME I worked in used to, and that was only a few months ago.

Try Game, Toys R Us, Tescos, Argos and WH Smith.
    Last edited by Gyarados Fan; 21st August 2012 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muckers View Post
    Head to somewhere like GAME, if there's still one open in Bath or Bristol anymore.

They should sell collector tins and boosters at the very least - the GAME I worked in used to, and that was only a few months ago.
    There's a GAME in the Galleries in Bristol but all they had were two packs of Dark explorers, that was it ^^ (i actually had better luck in Waterstones, they had lots of Next Destinies and Dark Explorers as well as the DE theme decks)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyarados Fan View Post
    Try Game, Toys R Us, Tescos, Argos and WH Smith.
    Didnt think of Toys R Us or Argos, ill have to try there, None of the supermarkets around here seem to stock them though :/

EDIT:

found this on Argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...%3EPOKEMON.htm

Actually seems like a good deal if you could choose the Theme deck ^^
    Last edited by Tazarkul; 21st August 2012 at 10:23 AM.

From personal experience, I would reccomend the argos 'Classic Collection' deal. A theme deck is usually Ł9.99, 2 packs of 10 additional cards around Ł3.49 each, plus two POP Series Packs that I don't know the price of. Separately, that would be at least Ł16.97. the 'Classic Collection' deal isŁ12.99 saving at least Ł3.98, with which you can buy a single booster. The theme decks I got (I've bought two as of yet) were the Next Destinies Reshiram and Zekrom theme decks, along with a pack of Dark Explorers and a pack of Black and White with each deal. I believe the POP Series packs are random, as the first one I bought had a pack of POP Series 2 and a pack of POP Series 3, whereas the second I bought had 2 packs of POP Series 7 in it. i think the POP Series packs are fairly uncommon, and some are fairly old, so it's a great opportunity to get some.

Good luck with your collecting
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

I already have Explosive Edge, i'd hate to get it again >.< and im not really bothered about the BW, Noble Victors and Emerging powers sets, im collecting the other 3 sets lol

It does look like a nice deal though, shame nowhere else does anything like it :?

I got the classic collectors pack last week, it came with the Zoroark theme deck, 2 Emerging Powers, 1 Black&White and 1 POP 8 so very nice.

^ Lucky, you got 8 extra cards. Looks like it varies in different stores.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    ^ Lucky, you got 8 extra cards. Looks like it varies in different stores.
    Seems like it.

May just stick to online, i loose that instant feeling but its so much cheaper >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Tazarkul View Post
    May just stick to online, i loose that instant feeling but its so much cheaper >.<
    Yep, I almost always buy online because Ł2.90 is oh so much better than Ł3.49. /:

Or less if you buy in bulk ^^ i split a Ł69.99 Booster Box between me and 2 friends (36 packs, 12 each), we payed Ł23.33 each which works out Ł1.94 per pack. We plan to split another soon :P

Or less if you buy in bulk ^^ i split a Ł69.99 Booster Box between me and 2 friends (36 packs, 12 each), we payed Ł23.33 each which works out Ł1.94 per pack. We plan to split another soon :P
    Well yeah boxes are always the cheapest way to go

If you can wait a while, the MCM expos (Telford, London etc) usually have a guy selling Pokemon Cards, my friend picked up TONS of cards for Ł50 and he has a wide variety of them. I didn't get a look at her cards to see if they were real or fakes though, but she knows a lot about cards and seemed to be happy with them. It's worth a shot if you're after cards that they don't sell in the shops anymore. He also sells cards on their own and the huge tins etc. I don't know if you've already been/bought from there but if you ever swing by the MCM it's worth a look! Other than that, I'd second the Argos idea for long term buying. : )

EDIT: Just remembered, Forbidden Planet sells cards, all of my Pokemon friends bought their cards from our local one, I don't know if they have a store in or near Bristol though, worth a check.

Pokemon X: (Tam) 0860-4501-8564

Friend Safari: Spiritomb | Pumpkaboo | Shuppet

It's not the old ones im after though, still, thanks ^^

Yea, we have a Forbiden Planet, that's where I go if I'm willing to pay full price to have the cards now >,> otherwise it's much cheaper to buy in bulk online ^^

It's not the old ones im after though, still, thanks ^^

Yea, we have a Forbiden Planet, that's where I go if I'm willing to pay full price to have the cards now >,> otherwise it's much cheaper to buy in bulk online ^^
    Ooh, he sells the BW ones too, I was just mentioning that he sells the whole range. XD But yeah, internet is probably the best place now. I'm still surprised they even sell enough pokemon cards offline to keep them in stores.

Pokemon X: (Tam) 0860-4501-8564

Friend Safari: Spiritomb | Pumpkaboo | Shuppet

Hmm. I would have to say kijiji. You just look through the adds, make a deal, and pick it up right away. PM me with any other questions you many have.

Yeah that would be the cheapest, but only if your buying bulk. If you just want a few packs, that would be quite a rip off.

[URL="www.chaocards.co.uk"]Chaos Cards[URL] is where I order mine. You can get cheap boosters, individual cards (10p-Ł60), theme decks, tins, older expansions. It's all really cheap, legit and they often do prize giveaways to members (free membership)
    pkmnbeige.webs.com, the only place to read "Pokémon Beige"

"The Forest" is under development! Download "The Beginning - Part Two" here