Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 226

Thread: Battling Authority Once Again! (752)

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,843

    Default

    While I liked the Dawn/Iris battle, it left a sour taste in my mouth that Dawn lost. Even Iris seemed angry at Dragonite for not obeying her, understanding that she wasn't in control of her win. I believe Georgia/Burundgly commented on it too.

    Mamoswine really should have won here, and then we could have seen Ash beat Dawn with Krok evolving against it. Dragonite already got a big win against an ice type like Beatric, it didn't need another one.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika-Pika-Red View Post
    stone edge has date crit hit ratio.

    wait accually, let me test something for the lolz. *tries to get calcs*

    lol those calcs failed. stone crit only does like around 15% more then STAB ice shard does.

    I wanted make game logic out of this damnit. XD
    If this was ingame a mamoswine moveset of

    stone edge
    super power
    ice shard/icicle crash
    earthquake

    would enable it to easily sweep everything in the tournament. Even using the anime moveset ice shard would probably have been enough to knock out serpeior and dragonite.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    If this was ingame a mamoswine moveset of

    stone edge
    super power
    ice shard/icicle crash
    earthquake

    would enable it to easily sweep everything in the tournament. Even using the anime moveset ice shard would probably have been enough to knock out serpeior and dragonite.
    Ingame, a bulky multiscale d-nate can easily take an ice shard...so can serp...d-nite might not be able to OHKO but serp definitely can with leaf storm...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

    Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    While I liked the Dawn/Iris battle, it left a sour taste in my mouth that Dawn lost. Even Iris seemed angry at Dragonite for not obeying her, understanding that she wasn't in control of her win. I believe Georgia/Burundgly commented on it too.

    Mamoswine really should have won here, and then we could have seen Ash beat Dawn with Krok evolving against it. Dragonite already got a big win against an ice type like Beatric, it didn't need another one.
    Mamoswine is not strong as Dragonite, which is why it lost. I don't see how it's fair that Dawn would win over Iris when she got beat May back in DP. You can't have it both ways that Dawn gets to win over every female traveling companion. But then again we all know you don't consider fairness with your ideas.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    If this was ingame a mamoswine moveset of

    stone edge
    super power
    ice shard/icicle crash
    earthquake

    would enable it to easily sweep everything in the tournament. Even using the anime moveset ice shard would probably have been enough to knock out serpeior and dragonite.
    I was only seeing if I could try to find a way to justify the way dragonite takes the ice moves but not the stone edge. thats it. xD

    And second, you'd need a crit with ice shard (and even then IDK) or a focus sash icicle crash in order to beat a Serperior. Serperior is faster, and will likely one hit Ko you if its contracty leaf storm like most serperior are in the upper tiers. (heck, leaf storm without it would kill. xD)

    though if you want to continue to discuss this, I suggest on my page. I'm not looking for getting another infraction for spam. ;/. this convo may take a while...lol

    in a desperate ploy to keep my post on topic...I do give the episode a 8/10 just because I did like the battles. Accursed game logic making it so hard to enjoy that epic looking mamoswine vs dragonite fight D:...xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wherever I want
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    I just want to see Crustle get pwned by Serperior to make up for it's defeat at the last DBT.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    671

    Default

    It's episodes like this which makes me realize why I love Cabernet. What she makes up for her lack of wins she has in humour and it's brilliant.

    I love to know all of what Cabernet said during both of Dent's battles. And was that sparkling pose she did supposed to be an imitation of him?

    I love Kairyu's expressions, but man, it's just way too overpowered. It once again K.O'd its opponent and this time Kairyu did take some damage.

    Had to laugh at Dent doing some actual talking while Shooty's lines were basically; "Attack! Attack! Dodge! Dodge and attack!" during their battle.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 24th August 2012 at 5:06 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Mamoswine is not strong as Dragonite, which is why it lost. I don't see how it's fair that Dawn would win over Iris when she got beat May back in DP. You can't have it both ways that Dawn gets to win over every female traveling companion. But then again we all know you don't consider fairness with your ideas.
    Its not even about Dawn beating two female protagonists, I don't even think about that, its about Dawn getting a decent win in the tournament. We know Dragonite will lose the next match so what's the point of showing it invincible to ice attacks when its going to lose to a Rock attack in the next match?

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469

    Default

    It was a goof ep in my opinion. Gpsh, I just love Trip, he's so confident and winning matches in a Tournament arc at last. My only worry is that, Alder will totally beat him in a battle as Trip has maybe a little too much confidence atm :'D Oh, and just because Dawn lost, I could give this ep 10 points. I'm interested too see how Dragonite will actually lose, since it seems almost unbeatable right now. But hey, it did listen Iris just a little bit in this episode right? I mean, I think it dodged... maybe.

    Oh, and Cabernet & Langley, you guys are awesome.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Mamoswine is not strong as Dragonite, which is why it lost. I don't see how it's fair that Dawn would win over Iris when she got beat May back in DP. You can't have it both ways that Dawn gets to win over every female traveling companion. But then again we all know you don't consider fairness with your ideas.
    Your bias knows no bounds. We've only seen Dragonite for 3 episodes and can't assume anything about it's experience as it was never shown onscreen. Mamoswine on the other hand was shown multiple times and was raised from a Swinub, which we all saw. Going by that matter alone, Mamoswine is reasonably the stronger of the two, but because the writers love to make Pokemon seem far more deadly then they are, Dragonite was a shoe'in to win this because of them(the writers) alone. If one were to write a reasonable story, almost everyone would likely make Mamoswine win in the end
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Its not even about Dawn beating two female protagonists, I don't even think about that, its about Dawn getting a decent win in the tournament. We know Dragonite will lose the next match so what's the point of showing it invincible to ice attacks when its going to lose to a Rock attack in the next match?
    You answered your own question, because they want to show Dragonite as invincible and they want to showcase it more beyond just one win. This was a big capture for Iris and the writers intended to show it off in this tournament. By asking Mamoswine to win, you're asking for this tournament to be more about Dawn, which is something the writers decided not to do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Your bias knows no bounds. We've only seen Dragonite for 3 episodes and can't assume anything about it's experience as it was never shown onscreen. Mamoswine on the other hand was shown multiple times and was raised from a Swinub, which we all saw. Going by that matter alone, Mamoswine is reasonably the stronger of the two, but because the writers love to make Pokemon seem far more deadly then they are, Dragonite was a shoe'in to win this because of them(the writers) alone. If one were to write a reasonable story, almost everyone would likely make Mamoswine win in the end
    Your logic makes no sense. Being raised from a Swinub doesn't give Mamoswine an edge over anyone. Strength is strength and we know this Dragonite has a lot of power because it was seen battling with Hydreigon and it was revealed that this Dragonite is a competitive pokemon that looks for strong opponents all the time. Just because a pokemon's experience is not shown on-screen, doesn't mean they are weaker than the ones who are. With that logic, Ash's pokemon should be stronger than everyone else's because we see his all the time. This isn't true because if it was, then Ash should've easily been able to beat Tobias's Darkrai and Latios and every other trainer for that matter. POWER IS POWER and the fact is Mamoswine is not strong as Dragonite. While Mamoswine was competing in contests, Dragonite was looking and fighting the toughest opponents and just because we didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. That's more of your own personal complaint of why the writers chose to make Dragonite strong in the first place, which is a redundant question because the writers can do whatever they please. They can make a Caterpie the strongest pokemon in the world if they want.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 24th August 2012 at 8:07 PM.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Not too bad.

    I just hope that Dragonite doesn't lose his edge despite the loss next episode. He's quickly becoming my favorite Pokemon of the Unova cast. I suspect that it's because he's in the minority that actually has a personality. He clearly loathes humanity which is refreshing.

    Kind of dissapointed that Burgundy is nothing but a joke now. It's rare that a character amounts to absolutely nothing. I mean, look at Stunfish! Congrats.

    Cilian made it further then I thought he would. Too bad he got rolled over for the sake of time.



    Foreshadowing (also seen in the ending!).
    If dragonite starts obeying, then it might start changing because it's not acting like a morron. However if only there was a better way of doing that.

    My ideal battle ever!

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    871

    Default

    If anything, guys, Trip has grown a lot to best Crustle with Serperior, even if as Is aid, I think he'll lose when it comes to Alder, since Alder is not a slouch, and Trip is being rather arrogant in regards to his thinking he will beat Alder so easily. Of course, the preview to the next episode is gonna be tough with Ash taking on Iris AND Trip. I imagine Pignite will give Serperior all he's got, even if he may lose. I'm sure it's gonna be a good battle.
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

    I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Your logic makes no sense. Being raised from a Swinub doesn't give Mamoswine an edge over anyone. Strength is strength and we know this Dragonite has a lot of power because it was seen battling with Hydreigon and it was revealed that this Dragonite is a competitive pokemon that looks for strong opponents all the time. Just because a pokemon's experience is not shown on-screen, doesn't mean they are weaker than the ones who are. With that logic, Ash's pokemon should be stronger than everyone else's because we see his all the time. This isn't true because if it was, then Ash should've easily been able to beat Tobias's Darkrai and Latios and every other trainer for that matter. POWER IS POWER and the fact is Mamoswine is not strong as Dragonite. While Mamoswine was competing in contests, Dragonite was looking and fighting the toughest opponents and just because we didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. That's more of your own personal complaint of why the writers chose to make Dragonite strong in the first place, which is a redundant question because the writers can do whatever they please. They can make a Caterpie the strongest pokemon in the world if they want.
    I really hate fighting with fangeeks like you... never can your favorite character and things associated with it be flawed. Well so it took on and lost to a wild Hydreigon... boy that's sure is some power right there :P And then going on to say it went searching for tough opponents...okay, list those opponents for me, show me that it's truly as POWERFUL as you say. And to be quite frankly honest, just because you want to use my own onscreen training against me...Rivals are always excused from that point, as are gym leaders, because their naturally suppose to be good for us to believe in them. When a main character is just handed something that needed no work involved in it's "so called" strength, then one cannot truly claim it's strong just because it appears that it is. Buizel's and Snivy's track record prove this as does Charizard's from my training point. Charizard didn't go challenge tough opponents on it's own, but was raised from a Charmander (onscreen) and single handily become one of the most OP Pokemon Ash has owned to date (same goes for Pikachu, Sceptile, and Infernape) I am not suppose to sit here and believe because on some freaking claim of challenging Pokemon, that an untamed, untrained, newly caught Dragonite can take on two fully trained and fully developed Ice types and mop the floor with them. I'm glad Mamoswine pull up more of a fight, but again... onscreen experience pwns claimed experience any day of the week. But sit back and enjoy it while you can, if this going the possible route I think it's going... Dragonite's gonna be dropping power levels like crazy
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Dragonite probably got a critical hit against Mamoswine. //logic//

    The only thing I'm interested in is: STUNNY GOT A WIN X3
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  16. #166
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    While I liked the Dawn/Iris battle, it left a sour taste in my mouth that Dawn lost. Even Iris seemed angry at Dragonite for not obeying her, understanding that she wasn't in control of her win. I believe Georgia/Burundgly commented on it too.

    Mamoswine really should have won here, and then we could have seen Ash beat Dawn with Krok evolving against it. Dragonite already got a big win against an ice type like Beatric, it didn't need another one.
    Elevating Dragonite like this just hypes up Krokoodile( and Satoshi obviously) even more whent hey beat it, Mamoswine has been beaten before, Dragonite is seen as much more of a feet writing it this way.

    I did want Dragonite to lose and start obeying but he doesn't seem to obey yet anyway, he won alone.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I really hate fighting with fangeeks like you... never can your favorite character and things associated with it be flawed. Well so it took on and lost to a wild Hydreigon... boy that's sure is some power right there :P And then going on to say it went searching for tough opponents...okay, list those opponents for me, show me that it's truly as POWERFUL as you say.
    Except you're conveniently ignoring the story of how Dragonite was presented. First of all, Dragonite lost because it got hurt protecting a flock of Pidove. That wasn't a knock on its power because it was going toe to toe with Hydreigon prior. Second of all, the looking for strong opponents was revealed later, explaining to us viewers that this Dragonite has been battling strong opponents for a long time, and Hydreigon was simply one of many it has battled. You don't like the story? Well that's your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    And to be quite frankly honest, just because you want to use my own onscreen training against me...Rivals are always excused from that point, as are gym leaders, because their naturally suppose to be good for us to believe in them. When a main character is just handed something that needed no work involved in it's "so called" strength, then one cannot truly claim it's strong just because it appears that it is. Buizel's and Snivy's track record prove this as does Charizard's from my training point.
    How are rivals excused? It follows the exact same concept. We don't see the training, but it still happens. Just because you don't approve of Dragonite, doesn't mean its experience and strength doesn't exist. Again, you're just showing your preference of how you see things, there's nothing fact about it. Strength comes to anyone who is willing to work for it, and there's not just one way to accomplish that. If you don't accept the story of how Dragonite is strong, then that's more of a personal problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Charizard didn't go challenge tough opponents on it's own, but was raised from a Charmander (onscreen) and single handily become one of the most OP Pokemon Ash has owned to date (same goes for Pikachu, Sceptile, and Infernape) I am not suppose to sit here and believe because on some freaking claim of challenging Pokemon, that an untamed, untrained, newly caught Dragonite can take on two fully trained and fully developed Ice types and mop the floor with them.
    Except you're just showing one way for a pokemon to become strong. A trainer raising a pokemon from nothing is one way to become strong, but the pokemon are capable of becoming strong themselves. You're pretty much not even accepting anything other than the usual formula, which only shows your lack of an open mind. You can question the writers of why they chose to make Dragonite strong, but you can't question the story because a wild pokemon is allowed to be have power on its own.


    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm glad Mamoswine pull up more of a fight, but again... onscreen experience pwns claimed experience any day of the week. But sit back and enjoy it while you can, if this going the possible route I think it's going... Dragonite's gonna be dropping power levels like crazy
    Again, you're just showing your own personal preference of how things should be handled. You can't pass of your claim of being trained on-screen as the only way to become strong, and rivals being "exused" isn't helping your case either. I suggest you wake up.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 25th August 2012 at 3:03 AM.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Your bias knows no bounds. We've only seen Dragonite for 3 episodes and can't assume anything about it's experience as it was never shown onscreen. Mamoswine on the other hand was shown multiple times and was raised from a Swinub, which we all saw. Going by that matter alone, Mamoswine is reasonably the stronger of the two, but because the writers love to make Pokemon seem far more deadly then they are, Dragonite was a shoe'in to win this because of them(the writers) alone. If one were to write a reasonable story, almost everyone would likely make Mamoswine win in the end
    But you don't need to see the experience on screen to know Dragonite is the most powerful of the two. The training Mamoswine received makes it strong but just because it was raised from a Swinub and we saw that experience doesn't confirm that it is stronger than Dragonite, it is also not the only way to show the viewer a pokemon is extremely powerful. Dragonite being introduced as an extremely powerful pokemon is just as valid as seeing Mamoswine being raised from a Swinub under a trainer's care. You don't need to see everything.

    Difference would be if Dragonite was obeying which the battle would rely solely on the trainer's strength. I don't know who would win there, but I would root for Dawn.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    What I don't get is why Cilan didn't have Crustle use Shell breaker (or w/e the name is) to raise its attack so it could land a speedy x scissor against Serperior. It was a bad move on his part! Also, some people made a good point that Serperior dodged a lot of attacks, and receives no damage.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  20. #170
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
    If anything, guys, Trip has grown a lot to best Crustle with Serperior, even if as Is aid, I think he'll lose when it comes to Alder, since Alder is not a slouch, and Trip is being rather arrogant in regards to his thinking he will beat Alder so easily. Of course, the preview to the next episode is gonna be tough with Ash taking on Iris AND Trip. I imagine Pignite will give Serperior all he's got, even if he may lose. I'm sure it's gonna be a good battle.
    He falls asleep in the middle of battles. :l

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    297

    Default

    After it bonded with Iris, Dragonite chose her to be its master, but it does not want to respect her. If it was a regular capture, I would understand but this is weird for a bonding capture.



  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,303

    Default

    The issue of training also comes in effect when krookodile which for sure has had less training than either mamo or beartic and still won.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    I forget if this was mentioned, but what was that whole Alder vs Trip picture in this episode?

    Was it mentioned, or was it ignored and was some kind of foreshadowing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    He falls asleep in the middle of battles. :l
    I'm only saying this as a joke.

    If you were a champion, wouldn't you fall asleep if you were battling Ash?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    If you were a champion, wouldn't you fall asleep if you were battling Ash?
    And waste the opportunity to laugh at him?

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    5,079

    Default

    It was better than the first episode, but still pretty bad. Boldore and Stunfisk being used was great, even if their battles were faster than Cyber on his way to a Misty thread. Even with the rushed CotD battles, they still managed to make the other battles pretty dire.

    Iris vs Dawn was good, but yeah, Dragonite OHKOing another Ice-type is just ridiculous. I love that Iris has it now, but I don't like the fact that it just bulldozes its way through battles. They missed an opportunity to have Dawn and Mamoswine help Iris too, which now leaves us with the impression that Dragonite was right, because the only battle he's listened in so far he's lost. Cilan vs Trip was way too quick too, and Serperior seems to have come from the same hax factory as Dragonite did. I'm glad Curstle finally lost and all, but couldn't it have gotten a hit in?

    (Also Dragon Rush's new animation is amazeballs)

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm only saying this as a joke.
    You're too serious dman. You can make a joke without putting a little note at the start :U

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •