Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling Authority Once Again! (752)

Not too bad.

I just hope that Dragonite doesn't lose his edge despite the loss next episode. He's quickly becoming my favorite Pokemon of the Unova cast. I suspect that it's because he's in the minority that actually has a personality. He clearly loathes humanity which is refreshing.

Kind of dissapointed that Burgundy is nothing but a joke now. It's rare that a character amounts to absolutely nothing. I mean, look at Stunfish! Congrats.

Cilian made it further then I thought he would. Too bad he got rolled over for the sake of time.

What was the deal with the board showing Alder and Trip?
    Foreshadowing (also seen in the ending!).

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Pathetic Short Battle , Pathetic outcome !
    This probably the Worst Tournament Saga!
    All tournaments are like this, theres 1-2 main battles, then the rest are one hits or stills, its been like this forever...

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    Hmm I thought Georgia would be more excited to see a Pokemon that is an Ice type that may possibly take down Dragonite...
    And she was, that's why she scanned Mammoswine.
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 24th August 2012 at 12:03 AM.

I like that Trip knows what he wants and has determination. He didn't think he was stronger than Cynthia AT ALL, people will just find the little of things to hate a character..

Overall it was nice a episode, Boldore and Stunfisk both got a win, awesome!! Dragonite is freaking badass, cool to see Iris and Dawn being friendly.

Maybe Georgia is collecting badges and has a pokedex, maybe she's gonna surprise us at the league? I hope. XD Burgundy is such a pyscho O_O she has a crush on Cilan..

Can't wait to see Krookodile <3 I think Ash needs a little more training and he's ready for the Unova League.

That Dragonite is disturbing. Resisting ice attacks like they're nothing?

Thank god Ash kills it in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Foreshadowing (also seen in the ending!).
    Actually, I was mistaken. The board was just randomly shuffling the competitors. Just the screenshots I saw showed Alder and Trip only.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Actually, I was mistaken. The board was just randomly shuffling the competitors. Just the screenshots I saw showed Alder and Trip only.
    It is the shuffle, but for that shot to line up almost perfectly almost seems to be an Easter Egg. Like how they revealed Tobias early if you looked closely enough the episode prior.

Damn what the hell was that again...

Hikari should've wiped the floor with that Dragonite. Can't believe how cheap the battle was. Tanking those ice attacks like they are nothing... Mamoswine has clearly more expierence and has a typ advantage. I don't get it honestly. Mamoswine got a one hit k.o. for no reason.

Go Ash and destroy that annoying dragon. I honestly thought, I would like that annoying dragon... But guess not.

okay this tournament is really turning to crap, i know they hate showing filler characters fight but its still ash, cilan, and trips fights too. all they keep showing since this started was them one shot K.Oing everything just so they can shove them aside for more iris and dragonite stuff. don't get me wrong, i like iris as a character and the dragonite thing was surprising and cool and all but its a tournament, a tournament they hyped it up by showing them train and bringing dawn back for, and it seems like they're rushing it.
    also serperiors are superior (bad joke i know) and all but seeing him one hit kill fire types is kinda getting bland now. im sure that since the next episode is all main characters battles, the problems i talked about probably wont be there, but i just hate seeing them rush this.
    EDIT
    i dont know if its because burgandy makes every character look better because she's that bad of a character, but im starting to like georgia more ever since this tournament started.
    Last edited by Supersonicbro; 23rd August 2012 at 8:35 PM.
    Friends are family you choose

10. Default

Shooti/Trippppp has gone off the deep end.

Like, seriously. When Shirona/cynthia walked away, he said "After I beat Adeku-san, you're next on my list."

Like seriously, as if he'd ever beat Adeku, let alone Shirona, who takes her battles that much seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by Fairplay View Post
    Mamoswine has clearly more expierence
    No he doesn't. Dragonite has been battling for a long time, that's why it's powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    That Dragonite is disturbing. Resisting ice attacks like they're nothing?

Thank god Ash kills it in the next episode.
    You seriously need to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Shooti/Trippppp has gone off the deep end.

Like, seriously. When Shirona/cynthia walked away, he said "After I beat Adeku-san, you're next on my list."

Like seriously, as if he'd ever beat Adeku, let alone Shirona, who takes her battles that much seriously....
    That's what I dislike about Trip. His arrogance and ego are off the charts.

Georgia has a Pokedex? Nice! I watched this episode just to see how well Mamoswine did. I guess he did alright? Better then Beartic but it's to bad they gave it Ice Fang and it does like nothing to Dragonite. Ice condtions are one of the worst status problems in the game, it's amusing how in the anime it's not even a threat. I'm curious on how Dragonite actually loses next match. Does Krookodile learn a ice move of it's own? I just find it a little hard to believe Dragonite can shrug off ice moves but can lose to anything else. If 4X damage doesn't hurt it I'm expected to believe regular damage? Oh I forgot anime logic. Super effective moves only work when it's good for the plot.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

What was Cynthia thinking during the Iris/Dawn battle? Can someone please translate what she said?

I don't know what's worst... Serperior wrecking everything in it's path or Dragonite tanking Ice attacks like there nothing XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I don't know what's worst... Serperior wrecking everything in it's path or Dragonite tanking Ice attacks like there nothing XD
    Both. This should be called the Serperior and Dragonite BS Cup.

It was an okay episode, better than before.

Dragonite is probably my favorite pokemon on the team. I think not having it obey Iris in this episode was perfect because it's establishing some sort of connection between Iris and Cynthia. I don't know if it is because Iris is the champion in the games, but those moments they show her idolizing Cynthia and how Cynthia seems to care about her are very interesting and I wish they could expand on that.

The only battle worth watching is Dawn vs. Iris. Dawn was impressive. Mamoswine was incredible and I'm happy she's shown to be a great face to face combat instead of using her contest style of battling.

I'm also happy Cilan finally passed the second round.

I wonder why they had Dawn lose so early in the tournament. She's going to spend the entire next episode doing nothing but watching battles from the seats.

I wonder why they had Dawn lose so early in the tournament. She's going to spend the entire next episode doing nothing but watching battles from the seats.
    Not even seats, just standing.

At least she'll have Cilan with her to keep her company. This tournament was obviously created to center around Trip and Iris, with Ash making it to the finals to show they still care about him xD

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    At least she'll have Cilan with her to keep her company. This tournament was obviously created to center around Trip and Iris, with Ash making it to the finals to show they still care about him xD
    That's what's bizarre about it, they focused on the regular BW cast who will still be around for the rest of this series over the guest character who only returned for this event. I am even more surprised that none of Dawn's other pokemon are shown whatsoever outside of her first episode.

What was said in Trip/Cynthia's interaction?

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    What was said in Trip/Cynthia's interaction?
    Nothing interesting. Just Trip being nice to her face and then saying in his head that he'll beat her after he beats Alder.

That's what's bizarre about it, they focused on the regular BW cast who will still be around for the rest of this series over the guest character who only returned for this event. I am even more surprised that none of Dawn's other pokemon are shown whatsoever outside of her first episode.
    That's probably the downfall for not having contests in Unova. May was lucky enough to return when contests were still going on, making her return meaningful.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 23rd August 2012 at 9:40 PM.

Eh a bit better than the 1st tournament episode, but not by much. I'm still kinda annoyed that Dragonite beats Dawn's Mamoswine. 5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

The one thing that I really love from these tournament sagas are the Georgia/Burgundy interactions. The only thing that I think would make them better is if they actually traveled together & we'd see more of them
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast