Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Battling Authority Once Again! (752)

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    You seriously need to calm down.
    Why? It is pretty disturbing when you think about it. If all those ice attacks wouldn't hurt Dragonite, what would? o_o

Although I would have said "Thank god that Dragonite doesn't exist irl".

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Anyone here sad that Frenzy Plant isn't being shown like the Black 2/White 2 version? I could see Trip's Serperior using that move like that.
    The animation in the anime is different.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Trip's Serperior vs a Heatmor... Okay we get it, it's powerful. Stop making fire types pathetic.
    I loved Ash's face when he saw Dragonite's pokeball.
    So Cynthia somehow helps Iris.
    Trip beats the Heatmor. Shocker.
    It looks odd seeing Ash, Cilan, and Dawn together on the sidelines like that.
    This was a surprise! Stunfisk finally got a win! Also Cilan has finally made it out of the second round!
    Cinccino isn't too weird. I can really see Bianca with one.
    Okay I would accept Ash catching Meloetta. They are adorable together.
    Reuniclus vs Boldore! Awesome!
    Trip sees Cynthia, why is he such a creep. Does he think he's stronger than her as well? Arrogant jerk.
    Georgia has a pokedex. How weird.
    I hated Dragonite's capture but I love Dragonite's faces he makes at Iris during this match. Those are the faces I made during Episode 5 and 6 of BW2.
    Seeing Cilan with Axew and Piplup was kinda weird.
    Dragonite's wins was dumb. But when hasn't it? Even Georgia looked disappointed in the way it won.
    Oh so we got a flashback to the the first Iris-centric tourney.
    Oh even Freddie put up a scene of Trip vs Cilan from that tourney.
    I'm guessing Burgundy wants both to lose.
    If Crustle would have used Shell Smash, Trip wouldn't have had a chance, maybe.
    I'm really hating Trip's smug attitude.

This episode had some surprises but it rose my Trip dislike.
    Hopefully Trip is like Barry on which he mostly focuses on Serperior so when he uses the rest of his pokemon he gets creamed.
    Thats what you are supposed to do, just like people hated that Shinji was a jerk and an ******* but was a good character so people enjoyed him as a character even if he was an ***.

If they are pissing you off with Shooti atitude they are getting the emotion they want out of you towards the character, so they are doing well.

Still at the end of the day confidence is always a good thing, he will get overconfident in two episodes and get beat down by Alder don't worry.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 23rd August 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Although I would have said "Thank god that Dragonite doesn't exist irl".
    No pokemon exists in real life...I hope you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    No pokemon exists in real life...I hope you know that.
    I said it didn't. Read post second time~

Don't know why you're assuming I don't know~

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    That Dragonite is disturbing. Resisting ice attacks like they're nothing?

Thank god Ash kills it in the next episode.
    http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/multiscale.shtml Would explain most of it

I hate how Trip is trying to act like he's what...superior to...CYNTHIA? Lmao, don't make me laugh. I hope one day she goes on him harder than on Paul with Garchomp. I wouldn't mind Trip having 6 [all at once] on 1 battle against her Garchomp and lose. That's how i would want to see him being hummilitated by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I said it didn't. Read post second time~

Don't know why you're assuming I don't know~
    There's no point in singling out one pokemon for not existing in real life when none of them do. It makes no sense.

So apparently Dento's Stunfisk used Sludge Bomb in this episode, is this true??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisharp View Post
    I hate how Trip is trying to act like he's what...superior to...CYNTHIA? Lmao, don't make me laugh. I hope one day she goes on him harder than on Paul with Garchomp. I wouldn't mind Trip having 6 [all at once] on 1 battle against her Garchomp and lose. That's how i would want to see him being hummilitated by her.
    The writers are probably hollering with laughter at the adults who are going on an angry rampage over a 10y old cartoon character in a show meant for 7y olds~

Quote Originally Posted by MangosGonnaMang
    makes no sense.
    Do you have a sense of humour at all? ._.

Hi rob.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    So apparently Dento's Stunfisk used Sludge Bomb in this episode, is this true??
    It looked like a Mud Bomb not Sludge Bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    It looked like a Mud Bomb not Sludge Bomb.
    Well if you remember back to the Clay gym, Palpitoad looked like it used Mud Bomb when it was actually Sludge Bomb too. Anyway Bulbapedia says it used Sludge Bomb so....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Well if you remember back to the Clay gym, Palpitoad looked like it used Mud Bomb when it was actually Sludge Bomb too. Anyway Bulbapedia says it used Sludge Bomb so....
    I actually compared it to Roxie's Koffing's Sludge Bomb as it looks similar.

Yeah its Sludge Bomb, it sound exactly like what Roxie commanded Koffing to use.
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 23rd August 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Ash VS Trip next episode...that'll be epic.

Dragonite is crazy though. And it learned Dragon Rush this episode, right?
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    Ash VS Trip next episode...that'll be epic.

Dragonite is crazy though. And it learned Dragon Rush this episode, right?
    It probably already had it since it's debut.

Goodness. Well, at least it was better than the first one. But once again, this episode falls to being so rushed. 3/6 battles were used as intermissions for characters to talk. Some attacks being fired off and then the result is an instant KO. The only battle that had weight to it was Dragonite vs Mamoswine, and it was only decent at best. I'm kind of glad Cynthia is involved with Iris and her Dragonite, since Iris would listen to her and could be influenced to strive for champion. Anyway, Trip vs Cilan was okay. It wasn't an instant KO, fortunately, but it could have been stretched out and handled better while still getting the point across. Also glad that Cilan used all his Pokemon in the tournament. As for Trip, I'm starting to enjoy him. I kind of like his Serperior (though Mei's Serperior's Frenzy Plant is obviously superior.) and I like that he isn't being a jerk. He has a goal that he wants to achieve and he's set on doing it. Trip wanting Alder to be more like Cynthia was nice too. All in all, this episode was lackluster. Stayed for Trip and the Burgundy-Georgia interaction.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

It kind of feels like Georgia is starting to become a more likeable character, but it also kind of strikes me as weird because the positive development started to show around the time that people were getting hyped about BW2. Meh, the writers are probably just giving Georgia better/more careful development because her "rival" is the Champion in the games, and because of that, the other main characters and their Pokemon seem to be suffering (both screentime-wise and development-wise). Is anyone else getting wind of this BS bias?

Watched the episode, Mamoswine wasn't as outclassed as I though, he still got owned though, Dragonite is a freaking monster though, definetly the strongest Pokemon a companion of Satoshi ever had, unless they are just being convinient and after the tournament, Dragonite starts losing more frequently(when he gets to fight) or struggle more.

Stunfisk learning a new move and winning is nice, Boldore getting a win against a fully evolved supposedly pretty strong pokemon too.

Serperior is a monster too, dayum, I really want to see the rest of his team though.

Crustle got beaten pretty easly, he didn't even get a single hit in.

Looking forward for next week to see Satoshi beat Dragonite.

Great, so Stunfisk has a complete moveset, but it's friend Palpitoad doesn't :P

Still, glad Fisk got it's first win
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Okay so I watched it.

i honestly enjoyed all of the battles.

and tell you the freaken truth, that mamoswine VS dragonite battle was EPIC. But it just broke so many god forsaken barriers in game logic.

I don't pay to much attention too it usually, but with mamoswine's attack stat always being high as it is, that broke my suspension of disbelief somewhat.

Like seriously, when mamoswine charged both times with take down, i got all giddy and that felt awesome.

but when mamoswine charged with ice fang...I was like, trying to feel excited cause i liked the animation and most of everything else...but i just couldn't enjoy that battle to its fullest. *sigh* Something about just that whole idea that he could take that made me kinda nyeh...

Had that been something like snorlax taking those, I would of thoroughly enjoyed that powerhouse battle like there was no tomorrow. probably reaching up into one of my favorite shorter ones.

And had dragonite not broken my suspension of disbelief, I'd freaken love him. I love his traits and how he acts, its just so funny. XD

...That, and kicking my dawn out of the tournament.../killed. XD

Serperior was awesome just saying, He hasn't broken my disbelief yet. He seems to be dodging alot more then taking the hit from a fire move. though the one hit kills are a little overkill...lol

Actually, I think that's why they have the pokemon dodge so much, even if it gets annoying as crap sometimes. Cause at least dodging it seems plausible no matter what. (Not always no matter what, i know but. But its alot easyiser and something you can't do in the games on purpose.) I just can't fathom this dragonite being able to take that when I know he's at least gonna have to power down to a hittable level...

oh well, still fun to watch. This whole rantish thing was just my competitive side showing...XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Oh my god, georgia says ssomething to burgundy after Cilan's battle and she blushed!, Is this a sign of Conosseurshipping?

And oh god, I don't know what pokemon is more super OP now, serperior OHKOing fire typs with solarbeam, and tearing througb people with fenzy plant, or dragonite taking multiple ice shards to face, a take down(which would have OHKod any COTD), and an ice fang only to return with a dragon rush OHKO, that dragonite could probably 6-0 paul's best sinnoh team, and then tear through half of tobias's team without taking a rest. (krookodile's win is pure plothax, in the same vein as pikachu somehow losing to snivy)

I also thought a better way would be iris vs COTD, and serperior vs mamoswine, at least then its only a 2x weak and solarbeam/fenzy plant is SE on mamo while iris fights trip and gets knocked out (in one hit)by serp in the semi finals while Ash's krokorok evolves vs cilan in the semis. leading for pignite vs serp in finals.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 24th August 2012 at 5:17 AM.

A few things...Trip is obviously a naive kid allowing himself to get so confident...sure his serperior is strong but it's not indestructible...on serperior, I LOVE its animation especially when it dodged those rock slides and shook its tail like a rattlesnake...awesome...too bad I loathe his trainer...also, that "B*tch Please" face dragonite made when he won was classic....
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

I still don't get why the writers are having Trip use his starter only for the entire tournament, we know the thing can battle good as apposed to most of his other pokemon, but seriously one pokemon isn't going to get a person anywhere, sure didn't work for Barry.

nice to see someone else with a pokedex, my eyes got tired squinting so much cause I wanted to see if hers was a different color, couldn't tell but it sure looked a little light bluish (ice colors) in the pics.

So who exactly helped Iris here? Dawn or Cynthia, or neither since it doesn't seem like Dragonite's changed much, thankfully Iris has though and realised that Dragonite's the winner, not her.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I still don't get why the writers are having Trip use his starter only for the entire tournament, we know the thing can battle good as apposed to most of his other pokemon, but seriously one pokemon isn't going to get a person anywhere, sure didn't work for Barry.

nice to see someone else with a pokedex, my eyes got tired squinting so much cause I wanted to see if hers was a different color, couldn't tell but it sure looked a little light bluish (ice colors) in the pics.

So who exactly helped Iris here? Dawn or Cynthia, or neither since it doesn't seem like Dragonite's changed much, thankfully Iris has though and realised that Dragonite's the winner, not her.
    \

I honestly think they both helped to an extend. xD Since dragonite doesn't listen quite yet, its probably gonna be ash's battle where it listens because it realizes that taking everything and not listening to your trainer doesn't win every battle. IE, he loses. And he grugdedly accepts iris as his trainer.

at least thats how i see it. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

It's ridiculus how it can tank ice which it is 4x weak to, but not rocks which its only 2x weak to.

It should totally have been krokorok evolving and then losing here, then mamoswine pwning nite next round, and then have quilava beat serperior, evolving in the process. End with togekiss vs bouffalant. Then she can be written out of the show forever with a bang like all the other females who came back.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 24th August 2012 at 7:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's ridiculus how it can tank ice which it is 4x weak to, but not rocks which its only 2x weak to.

It should totally have been krokorok evolving and then losing here, then mamoswine pwning nite next round, and then have quilava beat serperior, evolving in the process. End with togekiss vs bouffalant. Then she can be written out of the show forever with a bang like all the other females who came back.
    stone edge has date crit hit ratio.

wait accually, let me test something for the lolz. *tries to get calcs*

lol those calcs failed. stone crit only does like around 15% more then STAB ice shard does.

I wanted make game logic out of this damnit. XD
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast