Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Battling Authority Once Again! (752)

I agree that Dragonite's expressions were brilliant, and Georgia was hilariously brilliant in this episode.

At least we got a taste of Trip and Serperior's battle style against Cilan rather than having him one shot everything.

I agree that Georgia and Burgundy's interactions were quite comical. xD

My only problem is Trip. He is too arrogant and cocky. It really bugged me when he was talking to Cynthia and thought After I beat Alder, you're next.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    I agree that Georgia and Burgundy's interactions were quite comical. xD

My only problem is Trip. He is too arrogant and cocky. It really bugged me when he was talking to Cynthia and thought After I beat Alder, you're next.
    Totally. It made me think, "He's going after her ***."

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Totally. It made me think, "He's going after her ***."
    Oh, my gosh. xD That's hilarious.

It just bothers me for some reason.. In my opinion, Cynthia has been shown as stronger than other champions. For him to think he can beat her or Alder, he must be messed up... Ash should put him in his place.
    Last edited by OnceUponATime; 10th December 2012 at 12:39 AM.

Other than the dialogue between Georgia and Burgundy, this was a pretty good episode I thought. Looking forward to the next few episodes.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Trip actually wasn't a bad character in this.. Being a jerk about Cynthia was interesting to see and it added to his usually bland personality. Dragonite winds me up however, taking loads of super effective hits from Mamoswine and then knocking it out with a single Dragon Rush? Nah I'm not buying it, poor writing there.

@stanleysmith.. Come on dude, think of the others, you're not in Anime Spoilers, OR the thread regarding that league episode. Spoiler tags are made for a reason..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    @stanleysmith.. Come on dude, think of the others, you're not in Anime Spoilers, OR the thread regarding that league episode. Spoiler tags are made for a reason..
    Sorry. .-. I'm used to dwelling the Anime Spoilers section. >.> I deleted that part of the post. Thanks for reminding me..

Serperior is Sanic.

Georgia and Burgundy's dialogue was hilarious.

Good episode, much better than the last one.

wow i see georgia and burgundy are havin there little friendship bond thingy again lololol and damn! i wanted dawn to win that battle lol , it was still good tho

Trip being arrogant, the comedy routine between Georgia & Burgundy was tiring, & Dragonite not listening to Iris because "it's heart is closed", just made this episode boring.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I just realized.

Serebii has an avatar for angry-veined-faced Dragonite...just like the Zangoose one.

Ok, an interesting episode, and a lot went on.

I'll start with the highlight of the Quarter Finals, Dawn Vs Iris, the battle between a newly formed friendship. Personally, I would have preferred Dawn winning the battle and Dragonite experiencing a bad taste in its mouth. Possibly then going into a recluse and Iris rehabilitating Dragonite back to fighting strength, but this works too.

Next, I will talk about Trip. Is it just me, or is Trip starting to develop a psychotic obsession with power. At first I thought he was just really mad at Alder crushing his childhood aspiration but now I think he is fixated on beating every strong trainer he can think of and more importantly, proving Alder wrong. I hope he is denied his battle with Alder, just to see him recover.

Finally, the prospect of the semi Final battle of Ash vs Iris. I hope this becomes a turning point for either Ash or Iris because of the happenings in this upcoming battle. I'm very excited.

On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post

I'll start with the highlight of the Quarter Finals, Dawn Vs Iris, the battle between a newly formed friendship. Personally, I would have preferred Dawn winning the battle and Dragonite experiencing a bad taste in its mouth. Possibly then going into a recluse and Iris rehabilitating Dragonite back to fighting strength, but this works too.

Next, I will talk about Trip. Is it just me, or is Trip starting to develop a psychotic obsession with power. At first I thought he was just really mad at Alder crushing his childhood aspiration but now I think he is fixated on beating every strong trainer he can think of and more importantly, proving Alder wrong. I hope he is denied his battle with Alder, just to see him recover.

Finally, the prospect of the semi Final battle of Ash vs Iris. I hope this becomes a turning point for either Ash or Iris because of the happenings in this upcoming battle. I'm very excited.

On to the next one!
    werrd!! bro!! i really wanted dawn to win that one , but ofcourse dragonite wins it -_-

I like how Dawn referenced her hardships with her Mamoswine but has Ash referenced his hardships with Charizard!? NO! Has he referenced anything about his past adventures (besides Dawn) NO!!!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Yeesh. Dragonite fuming close up was practically scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I like how Dawn referenced her hardships with her Mamoswine but has Ash referenced his hardships with Charizard!? NO! Has he referenced anything about his past adventures (besides Dawn) NO!!!
    Oh man, don't want to spoil but if gets way worse in episode 100...
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Oh man, don't want to spoil but if gets way worse in episode 100...
    You're 652 episodes late.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post

Well if you would take a look at how Cheren's game attitude is portraited is about the same way. I always liked that about him despite what everyone else thought.

My ideal battle ever!

Okay, now the highlight of the episode for me was seeing Jalorda dodge Crustle's Rock Slide. Now that was impressive, the voice is still not good to me.

Now this was an intense episode! Though once again Ash has an oportunatly to reference his past troubles with Charizard which could have potentally helpd Iris and of course that's never brought up. Having said that it will be interesting to see if Alders Bouffolant has the sap sipper ability next week that will be a nice slap in the face for Trip.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Now this was an intense episode! Though once again Ash has an oportunatly to reference his past troubles with Charizard which could have potentally helpd Iris and of course that's never brought up. Having said that it will be interesting to see if Alders Bouffolant has the sap sipper ability next week that will be a nice slap in the face for Trip.
    Wrong episode thread, girl.

Georgia + Burgundy = comedy gold. Man, they had the best lines in this episode. I especially liked the part where Burgundy actually rooted for Cilan for a second, then angrily demanded that he not lose. LOL I usually don't rate gym battles or league battles among top favorite episodes, but these two ladies made this episode fun to watch. I also like the matchup of one undisclipined pokemon (Dragonite) against one who used to be (Mamoswine).

8/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Trip really showed Cilan up out there. lol Serperior curbstomped Crustle easily. Sucks that Dawn lost so easily to Dragonite though.

This was a great episode. It was disappointing that Daen lost to Iris but it was great that Trip got revenge on Cilan.

I really enjoyed the character interactions between some of the characters in this episode. I liked seeing Burgundy and Georgia sulking and shading each other; they were so bitter and pressed and yet I loved it. I also liked seeing Cynthia - for want of a better word - "tame" Dragonite who seemed really fired up and eager to battle. Iris and Dawn's match was great. I loved that both used their biggest Pokemon to battle, even if Dragonite still had an attitude problem. I also liked that Dawn was such a good sport about losing too. Watching Cilan's Crustle lose to Trip's Serperior was the icing on the cake for me.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast