Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 226

Thread: Battling Authority Once Again! (752)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,071

    Default

    Nice, Stunfisk and Boldore got a win I'm happy .

    Only Unfezant and Oshawott left to battle in a tournament, but it seems like we wont have more till the league.

    Oshawott really needs a battle soon, not a wild battle.

    Serperior seems to really be OP, same with Dragonite, from the comments seems like he didn't have any trouble with Mamoswine unlike what the preview seemed show us, well I guess that will just make Krokoodile even more powerfull unless Dragonite loses just because he is reckless and not due to Krokoodile superiority.

    Dayum Frenzy Plant really? I want to see the episode damn wrok, tks for the info guys.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    If it wasn't for the fact that Ash's eventual Krookodile is going to likely OHKO Dragonite, I would say that the battle between Iris and Dawn was okay even despite all the damage Dragonite took.

    God I'm going to hate Krookodile being frozen right after evolving and then having a super powered stone edge knocking it out.

    See this is what pisses me off about Iris's Dragonite. Mamoswine and Beartic used 4x damage attacks against Dragonite. And yet Krokorok is likely not going to make any headway until it evolves, and somehow magically beats Dragonite with a 2x attack.

    Writers....really?

    Do you have to portray Ash as the underdog resulting in "magical" wins? Couldn't Krokorok and Dragonite be even, but results in Dragonite getting the upperhand, and Krokorok evolves as a result, then having Krookodile get some combo attacks before being frozen and ending with a stone edge victory?

    It's just sad when Dawn's Mamoswine was outside of the ridiculous damage Dragonite took was even with Dragonite. And yet Dragonite clearly overpowers Krokorok and it evolves, and somehow gains enough strength to win.

    But I suppose I'll wait till the episode.
    ====

    Oh and again, yay for Boldore beating Reuniclus.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Nice, Stunfisk and Boldore got a win I'm happy .

    Only Unfezant and Oshawott left to battle in a tournament, but it seems like we wont have more till the league.

    Oshawott really needs a battle soon, not a wild battle.

    Serperior seems to really be OP, same with Dragonite, from the comments seems like he didn't have any trouble with Mamoswine unlike what the preview seemed show us, well I guess that will just make Krokoodile even more powerfull unless Dragonite loses just because he is reckless and not due to Krokoodile superiority.

    Dayum Frenzy Plant really? I want to see the episode damn wrok, tks for the info guys.

    Well Dragonite took a lot of damage. I come to realize that Dragonite likes to "take on damage", meaning that it gets hurt, but wants to show some insane fighting spirit. Take Down was the one attack when Dragonite was really sent flying. When this happened, Dragonite got up very fast and looked enraged. When that powerful Ice horn attack (don't know the name) move was used, it seemed like Dragonite ended up learning a new move since that would have been the only way it would have won.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    Well Dragonite took a lot of damage. I come to realize that Dragonite likes to "take on damage", meaning that it gets hurt, but wants to show some insane fighting spirit. Take Down was the one attack when Dragonite was really sent flying. When this happened, Dragonite got up very fast and looked enraged. When that powerful Ice horn attack (don't know the name) move was used, it seemed like Dragonite ended up learning a new move since that would have been the only way it would have won.
    It was Ice Fang

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    I'm pleasantly surprised though that Cilan vs Trip were in the semi finals, and that Stunfisk did get a win.

    At least that shows the writers can be surprising (a good way) on a rare occasion. Or perhaps having a low expectation helped.

    So where was this episode's writer in regards to Ash's Torterra? Taking a nap?

    Edit: Oh forgot. I also liked Ash rubbing Meloetta's face affectionately.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 23rd August 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    671

    Default

    So Magyo finally gets a win and Dent v.s Shooty was the semi-final round. That perked my interest slightly, but I'm still not getting into it.

    I have noted that I am not that into battle tournament arcs, well for the battles at least, I mainly watch them for the character interactions.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    15,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised though that Cilan vs Trip were in the semi finals, and that Stunfisk did get a win.

    At least that shows the writers can be surprising (a good way) on a rare occasion. Or perhaps having a low expectation helped.

    So where was this episode's writer in regards to Ash's Torterra? Taking a nap?

    Edit: Oh forgot. I also liked Ash rubbing Meloetta's face affectionately.

    Why would Torterra be mentioned?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Why would Torterra be mentioned?
    I just meant that FINALLY Stunfisk got a win after being captured so long and having battles.

    I was saying that maybe this writer would've corrected the error that happened in DP by actually giving Torterra a win, instead of it always losing.

    Would've been a nice thought that this writer knows every battle that occurred, and likes to fix mistakes. After all this is also the first time that Crustle straight up loses, unlike the many battles for it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I just meant that FINALLY Stunfisk got a win after being captured so long and having battles.

    I was saying that maybe this writer would've corrected the error that happened in DP by actually giving Torterra a win, instead of it always losing.

    Would've been a nice thought that this writer knows every battle that occurred, and likes to fix mistakes. After all this is also the first time that Crustle straight up loses, unlike the many battles for it.
    Still, was does Torterra have to do win with this epidode?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Still, was does Torterra have to do win with this epidode?
    Stunfisk getting a win, and Crustle straight out losing.
    -----------
    What I'm not allowed to compare episodes and/or anything related to them (such as writers, and animators, plot lines, similarities, etc)?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    671

    Default

    I haven't watched this episode yet, but seeing the screenshots and it looks like Cabernet and Langley have some entertaining interactions.

    I'm glad Dent used Iwaplace in the semis because it builds up showing just how powerful Jalorda is with it defeating Dent's toughest battler.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fourrage Road
    Posts
    2,666

    Default

    Is it just me or did Trip look sinister & creepy in this episode?

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Saw the pictures, looks like the episode went a bit how I wanted it to:
    -Cilan vs Trip was semi finals.
    -Stunfisk was used in the second battle and won.
    -Boldore was Ash's second battle Pokemon and that's why it wasn't on the voice actor list, because Narrator has the priority, this is yet another Pokemon of Ash that wasn't used in a tournament before.
    -Looks like my original thoughts of this tournament having no limits of how many Pokemon can use was true(Enough), Ash is going to use a total of 4 Pokemon, and obviously you aren't forced to use that many other wise Cilan wouldn't be here.

    I'm pleased with all this.


    Other stuff:
    -Did the shuffle board really "shuffle" them to be basically the same? I don't even know what to make of that, I know it happens pretty much all the time, but couldn't they have switched the nobodies around at less. It's not a big deal or anything, just find it odd.
    -What was the deal with the board showing Alder and Trip?
    -Another odd thing, Georgia scanning with her Pokedex...I like how she scanned an Ice type, not sure if there was any mentioning of it, but whatever. I suppose the reason behind it was because the writers weren't going to have Ash or Dawn scan it for obvious reasons, but what about Trip, I suppose it would have been even odder for him to even care about the battle.
    -Looks like the Dwebble that was on the voice actor list wasn't a total mistake, noted that Crustle still probably should have been put on instead, but at less Dwebble appeared in this episode. I liked that they focused on Cilan and Trip battling before, still with Conkeldurr got the battle, but it would be kind of odd considering Trip is so set on using just Serperior.
    -Ending thing was nice, I always likes those things for some reason.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Anyone here sad that Frenzy Plant isn't being shown like the Black 2/White 2 version? I could see Trip's Serperior using that move like that.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Trip's snivy/servine/serperior has always been powerful so it doesnt surprise me that he is getting wins so easily. Plus i think trip is determined to battle alder so he trains/battles as hard as he can to have a powerful team

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Is it just me or did Trip look sinister & creepy in this episode?
    Ofcourse he does. I love it!

    My ideal battle ever!

  17. #92
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Pathetic Short Battle , Pathetic outcome !
    This probably the Worst Tournament Saga!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Pathetic Short Battle , Pathetic outcome !
    This probably the Worst Tournament Saga!
    Pathetic grammar, pathetic comment.

    This is probably one of your worst replies.


    ....and now, her story begins.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In the land of Fizzy Bubbles
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Over all this episode looks good I'm happy that Boldore battled and Stunfisk finally got a win! And Georgia has a pokedex? That's strange wonder how she got one.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    Trip's Serperior vs a Heatmor... Okay we get it, it's powerful. Stop making fire types pathetic.
    I loved Ash's face when he saw Dragonite's pokeball.
    So Cynthia somehow helps Iris.
    Trip beats the Heatmor. Shocker.
    It looks odd seeing Ash, Cilan, and Dawn together on the sidelines like that.
    This was a surprise! Stunfisk finally got a win! Also Cilan has finally made it out of the second round!
    Cinccino isn't too weird. I can really see Bianca with one.
    Okay I would accept Ash catching Meloetta. They are adorable together.
    Reuniclus vs Boldore! Awesome!
    Trip sees Cynthia, why is he such a creep. Does he think he's stronger than her as well? Arrogant jerk.
    Georgia has a pokedex. How weird.
    I hated Dragonite's capture but I love Dragonite's faces he makes at Iris during this match. Those are the faces I made during Episode 5 and 6 of BW2.
    Seeing Cilan with Axew and Piplup was kinda weird.
    Dragonite's wins was dumb. But when hasn't it? Even Georgia looked disappointed in the way it won.
    Oh so we got a flashback to the the first Iris-centric tourney.
    Oh even Freddie put up a scene of Trip vs Cilan from that tourney.
    I'm guessing Burgundy wants both to lose.
    If Crustle would have used Shell Smash, Trip wouldn't have had a chance, maybe.
    I'm really hating Trip's smug attitude.


    This episode had some surprises but it rose my Trip dislike.
    Hopefully Trip is like Barry on which he mostly focuses on Serperior so when he uses the rest of his pokemon he gets creamed.

    Random : PokéRadar


  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    I wish we got to see Trip use more of his Pokemon, but I guess we will have to wait for the League.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,221

    Default

    Woah Boldore and Krokorok + Stunfisk getting a win?!?!? That made my day. Kinda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Pathetic grammar, pathetic comment.

    This is probably one of your worst replies.
    lol

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
    Over all this episode looks good I'm happy that Boldore battled and Stunfisk finally got a win! And Georgia has a pokedex? That's strange wonder how she got one.
    All Registered Pokemon Trainers have one, so it shouldn't be surprising Georgia has one.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Trip sees Cynthia, why is he such a creep. Does he think he's stronger than her as well? Arrogant jerk.
    I don't think he was thinking he was stronger than Cynthia, but rather that he wants to battle her after he battles Alder. I like it, he's actually got some determination under him, which I feared he was lacking for quite a while. With his losses in the past tournaments and his view of Alder somewhat changed, he really looked like he was depressed and it showed.

    I liked seeing Cynthia in this episode, she served to help Iris a little with Dragonite and light a fire under Trip who is excited that two Champions are here.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Wht the hell was dragonites move??!!!. But iris' dragonite is soo funny. I mean look at his face when he is with cynthia.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •