Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Battling Authority Once Again! (752)

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm only saying this as a joke.

If you were a champion, wouldn't you fall asleep if you were battling Ash?
    No, he's way too loud. I probably couldn't fall asleep if I tried. Trip heard him all the way down the street once. True story.

-------

Now, onto the episode. Trip's Serperior is epic. I guess now that Zeustle lost, he can be called Crustle again. But Serperior should be known as Zeusperior. Now that the snake is beating Crustle and Pignite, Darmanitan doesn't look as bad as he previosly did. These tournaments can actually be good when Bianca isn't taking up all the screentime like a 5 year old, and Stephan isn't getting all the victories. I'm glad they didn't enter. Even Trip is doing better now that the spotlight stealing duo are nowhere to be seen.

Too bad Dawn lost. Oh well, those things happen. Although Mamoswine is stronger than Dragonite and Dawn is a better trainer than Iris... Dragonite is just being glorified so Krookodile will beat him and look good.

Boldore is still Ash's weakest Unova pokemon, IMO.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 26th August 2012 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Although Mamoswine is stronger than Dragonite
    Yeah, that's why Mamoswine got pwned into embarassment and Dragonite was standing on top of it. Try opening your eyes more, it's pretty obvious the obvious escapes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    You're too serious dman. You can make a joke without putting a little note at the start :U
    Seeing as he's serious 99% of the time, the notice is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    And waste the opportunity to laugh at him?
    I was too busy laughing at Iris.

and Dawn is a better trainer than Iris...
    How did you come about this opinion?

Anyway, would love to know if anyone knows what Cynthia said to Iris and what she was saying as she watched her battle.
    Last edited by Col-Erase; 26th August 2012 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Col-Erase View Post
    Because he hates Iris.

More experience, more pokemon, she can actually control her's.....

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Because he hates Iris.
    No, because it's true, you spammer.

I have to agree with Thing.

At least with Dawn we saw more training scenes than what we have seen with Iris and her pokemon.

Random : PokéRadar

More experience
    Right, cause Dawn is the one who some how sweep (Not just "got through" but SWEEP) a dragon-town-tourney at the age of 5 or something in the Pokemon anime world using only a Drilbur.
    more pokemon
    Yeah ... sucks that Iris didn't have more Pokemon. Maybe then she could gather 99 wins in a row with no loses like Dawn did with her huge team. There no way someone could do that with only ONE Pokemon :/
    she can actually control her's.....
    True, none of Iris's Pokemon obey her ... they just go into battle and win stuff on their own. Each and every one of them ... all the time.

All the female companions can have something to brag about now.

Misty had the most episodes.
    may got the most contests
    Dawn had the biggest role in the plot
    Iris got the most powerful pokemon a member of the main cast has ever gotten.

Finally got to watch to episode today. Lot of good things in this episode. Boldore and Stunfisk got wins, Cilan actually made it to the semis for a change (sign of the apocalypse), and showing that Georgia has a pokedex(I always wondered if rival had them too).

Time for my mini rant on the Dragonite vs Mamoswine battle. Overall, it showcased a good fight. Head on battles with two fighters like that make really good battles. Eve though I wanted Dawn to win (personally because I'm not an Iris fan), I can accept her losing. I didnt like the fact that the writers make it seem like Dragonite is instantly impervious attack. I understand how game logic =/= anime logic, but they could've made at least seem like Dragonite was struggling or taking damage, being hurt, something. I would've enjoyed this battle more if they didn't make it seem like 'I'm Dragonite. I'm a dragon who is unaffected by ice-type moves and doesn't afraid of anything'. Although I must say that Dragonite's personality cracks me up and the animation for Dragon Rush was just epic =3

Also regarding Trip and that Serperior, Serperior OP. Capcom plz nerf

7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    All the female companions can have something to brag about now.

Misty had the most episodes.
    may got the most contests
    Dawn had the biggest role in the plot
    Iris got the most powerful pokemon a member of the main cast has ever gotten.
    Dragonite is going to be losing to Krookodile, so it ain't the strongest on the main cast.

Right, cause Dawn is the one who some how sweep (Not just "got through" but SWEEP) a dragon-town-tourney at the age of 5 or something in the Pokemon anime world using only a Drilbur. Work on your sarcasm. She swept the tourney, and then her only pokemon curled up into a ball and stayed that way for about 6 years.......some experience there...

Yeah ... sucks that Iris didn't have more Pokemon. Maybe then she could gather 99 wins in a row with no loses like Dawn did with her huge team. There no way someone could do that with only ONE Pokemon :/ It wasn't mentioned that Iris never lost~~~~~

True, none of Iris's Pokemon obey her ... they just go into battle and win stuff on their own. Each and every one of them ... all the time. Let's see, Excadrill curled up into a ball, Dragonite acts like a wild pokemon, Emolga was....Emolga. Thanks for proving my point. You saved me the trouble.
    Answers in bold.

Dragonite is going to be losing to Krookodile, so it ain't the strongest on the main cast.
    No, not really. You gotta see the context they're battle is in.
    From the preview it seems safe to say that Dragonite isn't obeying Iris yet (normally disobedient Pokemon are at a disadvantage when fighting trainers and reach their true potential when they learn to obey and work with their trainers) and that kind of cockyness added with the "SURPRISE, I JUST EVOLVED!!!" power boost that normally leads to win could be what does Dragonite in. Actually, that seems likely to me to be the case.

Work on your sarcasm. She swept the tourney, and then her only pokemon curled up into a ball and stayed that way for about 6 years.......some experience there...
    Yeah, Excadrill was shattered ... after losing to a Dragon Master with a beefy Hax. And that DOES show a great deal more experience than we have seen from Dawn seeing as she was doing this before either Dawn or Ash even had a Pokemon. And clearly given her knowledge of Dragon Types and Pokemon in general I think we can agree that she didn't stop doing stuff after Excadrill got all depressed.

It wasn't mentioned that Iris never lost~~~~~
    Her and Drilbur had 99 wins in a row and 0 loses. That's 99 battles in a row that they did not lose until they faced ... a Dragon Master and his Hax.

Let's see, Excadrill curled up into a ball, Dragonite acts like a wild pokemon, Emolga was....Emolga. Thanks for proving my point. You saved me the trouble.
    Her Pokemon have strange personality quarts but part of her journey is learning how to connect with their hearts ... which is why they give her such Pokemon. And that's why they always end up obeying her. There's nothing wrong with her Pokemon having problems that she has to work on through heart-connecting. You're trying to spin that into a negative ... I was making the point that she gets them to obey her. That's kinda one of her "things" ... I actually like seeing her Pokemon for this reason.

Also, these are personality quarts within the Pokemon. I REALLY don't think any of these Pokemon would have acted differently had another Main Character captured them.
    Last edited by Col-Erase; 28th August 2012 at 1:36 AM.

Losing doesn't make it any less weak. Its obvious that infernape was the strongest pokemon on the entire fast for DP and yet it fainted many times.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Losing doesn't make it any less weak. Its obvious that infernape was the strongest pokemon on the entire fast for DP and yet it fainted many times.
    It fainted once. Against Flint's Infernape. Also, that's not the point I'm trying to make. If Ash's Krookodile defeats Dragonite, which he will, then Dragonite isn't the current strongest on the main cast. Krookodile is...

It fainted once. Against Flint's Infernape. Also, that's not the point I'm trying to make. If Ash's Krookodile defeats Dragonite, which he will, then Dragonite isn't the current strongest on the main cast. Krookodile is...
    Why don't cha wait to see the battle before saying that, buddy?

Why did Ash 'dex Heatmor? Oh, foolish trainer...

I really liked this episode. I like how Trip is getting so cocky. That is one thing that sets him apart from Paul, Paul was very realistic about his power.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Couldn't bother going through the entire threat to see if anyone had mentioned this, but has anyone actually realized that Cilan's Stunfisk apparently learned a new move during their training at the villa? It KO'd Cinccino with Sludge Bomb. This could just be a dialogue error as Hedoro Bakudan(Sludge Bomb) and Doro Bakudan (Mud Bomb) sound very similar. Bulbapedia has it listed at least. It'd be a good move as it's Stunfisk's only good option(besides Sludge Wave) to damage Grass types.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

An alright episode, I didn't like how Iris won. It didn't feel real because of Dragonites disobedience. Poor Dawn, gurl was sure she was gonna win it. Now she'll just be standing in the sidelines for the semi finals. Lol @ Trips's cockiness though, I liked the scene with him & Cynthia.

Agreed. Dragonite already showed off how over-powered he was in the first round. It was pointless to do it again. I think Mamoswine should have won as well.

Still not really liking how Trip is just coasting through the battles. OHKOin a Fire type with Solar Beam is odd even by anime mechanics.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Still not really liking how Trip is just coasting through the battles. OHKOin a Fire type with Solar Beam is odd even by anime mechanics.
    Not if the fire type is weak as hell.

....and now, her story begins.

Dragonite is the scariest thing to ever grace my widescreen TV. First it was Grovyle, then it was Chimchar's freaky nightmares with Zangoose, now it's the angry, veined-faced Dragonite.

That dragon is completely nuts.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I think it would have been nice if Ash could have offered Iris some advice on getting Dragonite to listen to her. Since he went through a similar experiance with his Charizard back in the day.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Those "angry" expressions on Dragonite were so detailed. It definitely was scary. o-o Especially on my HD screen.

I was actually glad about Dawn mentioning to Iris about how she and Mamoswine didn't get along at first. It's nice to have canon mentions like this, instead of having the fans take note of these things. Kind of felt bad for Dawn when she was giving it her all, and Dragonite wins with a single blow. But it was cool of Dragonite to see him lifting Mamoswine by it's tusks.

Kind of glad that they got both Round 2 and half of the semi finals wrapped up in this episode. All of the next episode will be of Iris and Ash for a majority of it. (I think so at least).

Also, Trip's Serperior... it must have been fed Special Attack vitamins. It's still unbelievable that he whipped a Heatmor with one Solar Beam. But Trip's fight with Cilan was understanding.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Fine episode. What I liked is the detailed expressions from Dragonite's anger and the hilarious scenes between Burgundy and Georgia. Battles were fine, but they were short. It's understandable for the next episode, though!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast