Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon in lower tiers that can be used in upper tiers

gliscor in ubers bleh
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

I constantly use venomoth and volbeat in OU (Baton pass) with great success Qwaa

omastar, nuff said
    i love my shell smash set, not to mention omastar is a great swift swim abuser

As far as double battles go, Shuckle's not bad at all when it comes to supporting its team. Not only can it take a hit but it can use Guard Share and Gastro Acid on its teammate. Still have to watch out for Taunt though.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Charizard is a given with Solar Power in sun lol. Modest+Specs 2hkoes 252HP/252Def Blissey.
    I've been running a pretty beast Milotic set for awhile now. EV'd so that after status it hits 330 in both defenses, and I take Light Screen to buff it's SpDef through the roof. After a Light Screen it's 4hkod by Starmie's Thunder.
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

Quote Originally Posted by dragontamer98 View Post
    Charizard is a given with Solar Power in sun lol. Modest+Specs 2hkoes 252HP/252Def Blissey.
    With the speed of OU in mind, best to stick to Timid nature. With that in mind, I'll quote myself from another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Charizard and Typhlosion having the exact same base stats annoys me to no end. Unlike the many who have 100 across the board, there isn't much that differentiates the two from one another. Similar can be said about Tornadus and Thundurus in their Incarnate formes though the later's banishment to the Uber tier makes this easier to ignore. Long story short, both of the fire-starters are forces to be reckoned with when not prepared. Aside from possibly adding to Typhlosion's move-pool (Thunderbolt and possibly Shadow Ball, please) as Charizard's is good enough, I would love if their base stats were changed up just a little bit to positively set them aside from other special attacking Fire types. Also, get rid of Solar Power's side-effect, everything that has it is awful or is crippled by Stealth Rock (which I have found to be an easy fix with a Rapid Spin user and Wobbuffet).
    With Solar Power, Charizard is a beast on sun teams if played properly however its stats could be distributed better. That said, the classic is still outclassed by other Fire types, Typhlosion included, due to its Flying type granting it more weaknesses than resistances.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Lead Aerodactyl.
    Taunt + Stealth Rock and Focus Sash is just great.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCross View Post
    Lead Aerodactyl.
    Taunt + Stealth Rock and Focus Sash is just great.
    I feel like a choice band aerodactyl would be better for the current metagame... I think I'm going to try and figure out the perfect set for that now

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I use ditto in both my NEU team and Ubers team.

If I was fighting an Arceus (normal) in ubers, I'd say my best legendary pokemon to fight it head on is Jirachi. Being able to take hits and paralyze it in the battle (body slam or Twave), he can just go all out Iron hax his way with him Forcing it to switch or hope for not getting flinched and execute him with earthquake.

I guess Chlorophyll Venusaur makes make nice work for Groudon (non scarfed).
    Maybe it is nice to Consider Jolteon with THUNDER on Kyogre with Life orb (kyogre is Specs, not scarfed that is)
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Slowbro, an amazing poke to run in OU. Weavile can thrive in OU with the proper support too. Iron Fist Hitmonchan is slightly viable too

Prankster Cottonee w/ eviolite. Completely unpredictable in OU and has priority status and can take a few hits

Eat your heart out stall

Dumah (Gothitelle) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psyshock
    - Protect
    - Taunt
    - Torment

The monster I built the team to test. The true god of underused, it's able to destroy stall teams with very little support. originally I ran rotom-w+ scizor to force ferrothorn and skarmory to come in on their stab attacks and meet shadow tag. The speed is a holdover from my uu set where it outspeeds bulky calm mind suicne. It works great but conflicts with choice band terrakion, so I'll probably remove it sometime. The idea is to force bulky pokes with one attacking move (ferrothorn,skarmory) to be forced into struggle. Also gives my team a guaranteed KO on scarf terrakion, which is always nice. Psyshock means they only have to struggle 3 times, and hits terrakion/jellicent harder.
    Edit- changed spdef to def since no one uses suicune in OU...
    Beyond Names: everything has a counter.
    Beyond Names: its called hax.
    Tuan Sixtus: Color is a stupid gimmick that only amateur film makers use.
    Villain of Time: Even though he is a bot, he is better than the rest of you, because he believes that he is alive.
    Villain of Time: Please note that in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition I actually do have red blood.

I'd say regirock is underrated. He can be an amazing wall with 400+ defenses (assuming sandstorm is up). He also can be a good bulky attacker with curse and drain punch can provide a bit of recovery (which is one of the few things he lacks IMO).
    Nothing.

Amoonguss, Amoonguss, Amoonguss. It is ridiculously irritating to fight. I guess it is outclassed by Breloom in OU but oh, well. I like Amoonguss more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Prankster Sableye. Priority Will-o-wisp makes him one of the best checks for physical attackers in OU.
    And also scarf Primeape in Uber, mainly to handle Darkrai.

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

Heracross handles darkrai better :P

Nidoqueen and golurk have a good niche at countering terrakion, slowbro and amoongus are 2 fantastic walls. Zapos is a good rain counter/bulk sweeper and darmatian/victini are good sun sweepers

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    Heracross handles darkrai better :P

Nidoqueen and golurk have a good niche at countering terrakion, slowbro and amoongus are 2 fantastic walls. Zapos is a good rain counter/bulk sweeper and darmatian/victini are good sun sweepers
    Life Orb Sheer Force Adamant max Attack Darmanitan's Flare Blitz OHKO's Skarmory in the sun after SR damage. THAT is power.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Life Orb Sheer Force Adamant max Attack Darmanitan's Flare Blitz OHKO's Skarmory in the sun after SR damage. THAT is power.
    Skarmory is a biased example, since it's fire weak. Gliscor, on the other hand, isn't.
    252Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan (+Atk) Flare Blitz in Sun vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Gliscor (+Def): 100% - 118% (354 - 418 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    And most Gliscors don't even run that much defense.

Though, I prefer my Darmanitan scarfed, so it can outspeed more threats. Especially in this offense heavy metagame.
    And also scarf Primeape in Uber, mainly to handle Darkrai.
    Not really. I'll bet it couldn't do anything in Ubers except swap in on Darkrai's Dark Void.
    Amoonguss, Amoonguss, Amoonguss. It is ridiculously irritating to fight. I guess it is outclassed by Breloom in OU but oh, well. I like Amoonguss more.
    Nope. Both being grass types isn't enough to compare them, even with spore.

Amoongus has much better defenses, along with regenerator, making it much more defensive threat then Breloom is. Breloom, on the other hand, is a good SubPuncher and priority sweeper, making it much more offensively inclined.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Though, I prefer my Darmanitan scarfed, so it can outspeed more threats. Especially in this offense heavy metagame.Not really. I'll bet it couldn't do anything in Ubers except swap in on Darkrai's Dark Void.Nope. Both being grass types isn't enough to compare them, even with spore.
    Well maybe for you, but for me it worked rather well enough. I used it as a lead just to spam U-turn or just to CC away since Darkrai will most likely not staying to take a u-turn or a CC to the face. mainly just to maintain the momentum.

"It's not god the people fear; people's fear is God."

Gallade Aggron Crawdaunt Swampert Sceptile and Togekiss are all beats to use in ou
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Trick Room makes tons of lower-tier Pokemon viable, like Aggron, Rampardos, Cofagrigus, etc. Problem is, without Trick Room they're deadweight.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Gallade Aggron Crawdaunt Swampert Sceptile and Togekiss are all beats to use in ou
    lol i would never even CONSIDER any of those except togekiss. or maybe gallade.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I'd consider Swampert since it's a pretty good mixed tank, but I prefer quagsire thanks to unaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Aggron might be a half decent trick room or rock polish sweeper with Head Smash and Rock Head.

Crawdant can use dragon dances and serve as a glass cannon. Outclassed by Gyarados in most regards, but it still hits harder, so it could work.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast