Thread: Wedding Bell Blues (Kansas Shipping)

Default Wedding Bell Blues (Kansas Shipping)

Rating: PG-13
    Anime: Pokemon
    Type: Yuri
    Genre: Friendship/Drama/Romance/Comedy
    Pairing: Whitney/Lyra
    By: PPLyra
    Rants: This takes place after five years and we all know Lyra doesn't have a father. Also, I'm practising 'flashback' scenes. I even edited to make the last kiss scene better :3 nya~

I'm supposed to be happy today, it's my big day. I'm getting married to Silver, but why aren't I happy?! Here I am, sitting in my own bedroom before the big wedding later this afternoon. I'm wearing my silky wedding dress and a veil over my head. I look down at my beautiful dress. It's purely bright ocean blue. It goes up to my ankles and it has a red ribbon around my stomach and a big red bow on the back. I look like a present. I'm not wearing my shoes yet because I don't feel comfortable wearing them at the moment. No-one is with me right now since I told them to leave as soon as they finished decorating me.

I went to sit on the chair near the mirror to have a good view at myself. I lift my veil up. Wow. I'm wearing a lot of make up that I don't even recognize myself. It's like artists ganged up on me and coloured me like crazy! My hairstyle isn't my thing. Whoever done my hair didn't really try to fix it, it looks so bad. Instead of the ponytail style I wanted, they gave me a massive makeover of having curly long hair like Karen's hair from the Elite Four.

I look down at the table that's in front of the mirror and there's two picture frames. One has me and Silver in it, with me in his arms. He was carrying me and it was our first date. The other has me and Whitney, the first Gym Leader female I ever faced and my first female best friend. I grab that picture frame to look at it much closer. It was my birthday about a year ago when Ethan snapped this photo. I really had fun when she was there. We even had a sleepover with Jasmine and took awhile to ask Clair for the sleepover, but she lost to a rematch with me and she had to go to my sleepover. That night, when Jasmine and Clair were asleep, all I ever wanted was to spend my night with Whitney, but she had to go and help her Uncle Milton with the Miltanks who were stubborn to get inside the farm-house.

Well it was great until she went away.

I place the picture frame back to the table and I decided to take my diary out. I have a lot of journey entries here. I wrote everything down when I first had my journey in Johto. The day when I first met Whitney was one of the days I'll never forget.

She wasn't there when I went in the Goldenrod City Gym, so I went in the Radio Tower. When I received my Blue Card, she went up to me and was shocked that I won it. She wasn't convinced at first, but she went along with it and went back at her Gym. The trainers I fought in there were easy! My Croconaw took them all out! Then, I had to face Whitney when I reached the end. It was a match so complicated that I nearly lost, but luckily Croconaw didn't give up and hit her Miltank with one last shot and defeated it. I was so proud of my Croconaw, but all I earned from Whitney was her crying. I was very sorry that her Miltank lost, but it was a part of being a trainer. She didn't stop crying, so I told her that I'd take her out for a dinner that day. She didn't give my badge until we came back to the Gym after dinner. I didn't mind that it was late, she just got sidetracked.

I flip a couple more pages in my diary. Some pages were well written, some were written in a rush, some only had weird doodles, some I skipped days and didn't bother to write and... Oh? Huh, a chocolate candy wrapper in one of the pages falls out of my diary and I let out my hand to reach it from the ground. That's weird. I never liked chocolates, but this certainly proves that I've eaten some. I look at the page where the wrapper was from and it had Whitney's name all over the two pages that were written in pink with chocolate stains all over. It's dated February the fourteenth - Valentines Day.

How could I forget my first kiss?!

I've always hated that day every year because I never had anyone special to spend it with me, but she gave me a couple of those chocolate candies for a friend thing. I ended up eating four while her back was turned that I told her they were oh-so-sweet. She wanted to taste one, but the last one was already inside my mouth. Without thinking it over, she leaned her face slightly over mine to cover my lips with hers to taste it.

I completely forgot about the candy inside my mouth that I fell into the kiss. Whitney tasted like the chocolate, but there was a part of her that tasted way better than the chocolate alone. This was my first kiss ever. I've been told that girls at my age that their first kiss was from a cute boy. Whitney was certainly not a cute boy. I felt her tongue slid across my mouth to hog the chocolate candy away. When it was gone, she pulled herself away from me as I heard the crunched sound from the candy in her mouth when she devoured it.

I found heaven that day.

"Lyra! It's time," I hear someone said. From my experienced, it was Kris, one of the trainers I met during my journey. She and I are like long, lost twins. "Your mother is waiting outside."

"Okay, I'll be right there," I replied and place my diary back, standing up from my chair, then slipping my feet on some small flat boots and went out of my bedroom.

Kris helps me get out of my house without flopping over to ruin my wedding dress and mom takes over from there. The wedding scene wasn't far away, it's just outside my house, near the lake. Everyone were seated on their reserved seats when they see me coming. In the front row, there's Whitney, Jasmine and Clair sitting together on the left side. Whitney... she isn't facing me. She's busy facing the front. Kris, Ethan and Prof. Elm were on the right side. Others I hardly know were seated in the rest of the seats. In the very front, near the priest was my husband-to-be, Silver.

Wedding music starts to play when mom holds my arm while we walk down the aisle with a bouquet of flowers in my other hand. The crowd of people were happy for me as I was walking. The look mom gave to me was something that I've never seen. It made me look like an angel.

When I arrive near Silver, he smiles at my direction and I just give him a nod. The priest starts to talk as I sigh in sadness. I can feel everyone here watching me. The priests' voice was mumbling in my head. I can't understand what he was talking about. This is supposed to be the happiest day of my life, but feel so wrong?

This is what I've always wanted in life right..... right?!

"I do," Silver said. That sentence brought me back at the wedding. In my mind I'm screaming, say I do, say I do, Lyra... Aaaaaghhh no! Feels like my head is about to Self Destruct like a confused Golem from all the argument inside my mind!

Then I realize that it's my turn to speak. I open my mouth and nothing came out. Looking around the place, I see my mom giving me a nod, then I clear my throat, preparing to say the two words--

"Hold it!!" someone called out. The crowd gasps. I look up and turn to face the people watching me and I see a glance of someone, suddenly grabbing my wrists and drags me out of the wedding ceremony as I throw my bouquet of flowers upon the aisle.

I then start laughing, while running. "Whitney, are you crazy?!" I said.

"No, I'm insane!" she replied, giggling with me.

We come into a sudden halt after we passed New Bark Town. This place looks very familiar. We sit behind a couple of trees that we were hidden behind them. "Why did you dragged me out like that?!"

"Why did you follow me, then?"

"I had no choice anyway... You didn't let me have a chance to do anything."

After a couple of minutes of recovering from all the running, Whitney breaks the silence, "Aren't you going back? I mean, you were going to marry the person you truly love the most..."

I then sit closer to her and lean my head against her shoulder as she leans her head on mine. "No," I said, "the person who I truly love the most is with me right now. It's you, Whitney."

She's fiddling with my veil, then she pulls herself away from me and lifts my veil up to give me a full on kiss. My first kiss with Whitney before was with that chocolate. I have to tell you, this kiss without the chocolate is way, way better! I can feel a bit of wetness and her lips curving about, showing she's smiling during the kiss. Then she pulls out for air. She leans her forehead against mine. "I love you, Lyra."

"I love you, too, Whitney."

"We just have to figure out how we're going to explain this when we get back..."
    Last edited by PopPrincess_Lyra; 8th March 2013 at 7:37 AM. Reason: *

Okay that was excellent. :') I liked the first kiss part with the tongue. Only one little problem is
    Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    didn't gave up
    It should be didn't give up :3

Quote Originally Posted by mariobrosvswariobros View Post
    Okay that was excellent. :') I liked the first kiss part with the tongue.
    Thanks for the review c: Glad someone found it great.
    It should be didn't give up :3
    Ah! I was going to edit it, but slipped my mind ^^; Thanks for that, nya~

I laughed at the end and a couple times through it, and the kiss was really good

I'm not gonna pick at grammar 'cuz i don't have anywhere near good grammar -shawt bah le gwammer natzi-
    I LOVED the storyline, it was amazing, and your details where great in most parts. Also you did a great job in narrating Lyra's emotions in the opening, making it clear she didn't want to marry silver, and that Whitney is who she is meant for (wich btw, i completely agree on cuz Kansas Shipping is the best ).

I don't like to complain, but i feel since i AM reviewing it somewhat-serious-like, i forced myself to find something you could improve on xP.. In my opinion, while your description is awesome, i feel that the last kiss could have been as detailed as the first, i'm sure plenty O' readers would have liked that^^ also a little more detail on the run, while Whitney is pulling Lyra away from the wedding, would have helped lead to the ending kiss to kinda "Go out with a bang"

Overall it was a GREAT fan-fic especially for a one shot, and again i LOOOVE kansas-shipping hope to read more from ya

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_zoroark View Post
    I laughed at the end and a couple times through it, and the kiss was really good
    Ah, the kiss... the one that really go people liking this one
    I LOVED the storyline, it was amazing, and your details where great in most parts. Also you did a great job in narrating Lyra's emotions in the opening, making it clear she didn't want to marry silver, and that Whitney is who she is meant for (wich btw, i completely agree on cuz Kansas Shipping is the best ).
    Hah, thanks. I worked hard putting myself on her shoes there...but she wasn't wearing shoes when she was mentioning her past XD;
    In my opinion, while your description is awesome, i feel that the last kiss could have been as detailed as the first, i'm sure plenty O' readers would have liked that^^
    Ah! Good point >.>
    also a little more detail on the run, while Whitney is pulling Lyra away from the wedding, would have helped lead to the ending kiss to kinda "Go out with a bang"
    Well, Whitney dragged out Lyra in a blur... so I thought it would be easy for it to be fast...
    Overall it was a GREAT fan-fic especially for a one shot, and again i LOOOVE kansas-shipping hope to read more from ya
    Thanks again ^^ nya~

So far so good. Is this story getting a second chapter? Liked the part where they kissed, nice description.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Sableye, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    So far so good. Is this story getting a second chapter?
    I was thinking about it since the story seemed getting liked
    Liked the part where they kissed, nice description.
    Thank ye ^^ nya~

EDIT:

I have edited the second kiss scene for better description as the first, nya~
    Last edited by PopPrincess_Lyra; 15th February 2013 at 10:32 AM.