Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Question Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Should owners of Pokemon White buy White 2 and vice versa? I suspect that it would benefit you to buy the opposite version given how you can experience things you missed as well as obtain version exclusive Pokemon you may not otherwise have.
    FC: 3911-7240-4314

For continuity's sake, yes; White corresponds to White 2 (because it's a sequel). But other than that it doesn't really matter. Getting the opposite Version may actually be more strategic, since you would have access to Black's version-exclusives. However, you would miss out on getting Reshiram since it only appears in White 2.

If Black 2 didn't have such good version-exclusives (by my standards), I'd be all over White 2, even though I have Black.
    Last edited by Endolise; 25th August 2012 at 6:17 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

i'm planning on buying white2 simply because its sounds better having white and white2 instead of white and black2. and he says you can get reshiram on white2^^

I believe Pokemon Co suggested that you get the sequel to your game. I assume it's for continuity, and possibly a future giveaway w/ the dreamworld.

That said, I got Black the first time, and am getting White 2, for the pokemon selection and white forest.

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society / And My Etsy Shop!
    I've also got Blog about all things paranormal:
    http://problematicafiles.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: The Incredible Hulk has not always been green in comics, he has also been grey and purple.

A Gravity Falls Fanclub? Everything is different now!

Not really. Unless you plan on receiving the version exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    I believe Pokemon Co suggested that you get the sequel to your game. I assume it's for continuity, and possibly a future giveaway w/ the dreamworld.

That said, I got Black the first time, and am getting White 2, for the pokemon selection and white forest.
    the white forest is basically the same as black city in the sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    Should owners of Pokemon White buy White 2 and vice versa? I suspect that it would benefit you to buy the opposite version given how you can experience things you missed as well as obtain version exclusive Pokemon you may not otherwise have.
    idk...anyone could do that if they want. I'm doing vice-versa so is my brother, I own Pokemon Black and I'm planning to play Pokemon White 2 since I wanted to idk catch the version exclusive.

Yeah, that way you can get the Legendary Dragon you didn't get before, that's what I'm doing

That's what Masuda says, and it makes sense. White 2 is the sequel to the story you played in White and vice-versa, it's only logical that you choose the same color.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I don't think it really matters, unless you want version exclusives.

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

I have both Black and White, so nothing on me. I spent more time on White because I use it as my main playing file, and Black for other playthroughs, so I suppose I might buy Black 2 first. Since I'll end up with both of them it changes little which one I get.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Nah, just what ever version you want it doesn't really matter in the long run, unless you want to story to continue.

Also we have a question thread.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by red2000 View Post
    Yeah, that way you can get the Legendary Dragon you didn't get before, that's what I'm doing
    yeah. Also for continuity. In your original game, n used the opposite dragon against you. You now get a chance to face and catch that same dragon this time around. Zekrom will be mine!!!

You don't have to. I'm just getting black 2 because i like its exclusives better. Latios and Registeel (and black kyurem) FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

I'm gonna get white 2. It had nothing to do with continuity (even though I did have white); it was just because I liked White Kyurem instead of Black Kyurem. I've decided that I like Reshiram better than Zekrom, full stop

But in terms of continuity it does makes sense for people who got White to get White 2 (and vice versa). But if you want the version exclusives then you get the opposite game . . . just get whatever game you want
    ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Most people are gonna get both anyways. Like I got both black and white, so ill get bw2 versions, both of them.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Why do I have this feeling that this will turn into a speculating thread?
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Well, I have both Black and White. But, I play White more because I wanted Braviary more than Mandibuzz. I'll get Black 2 and White 2. But, play Black 2 more. Isn't Black 2 the continuation of White, or is it with Black? I'm confused.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 26th August 2012 at 2:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    Why do I have this feeling that this will turn into a speculating thread?
    BW2 is coming out in outside JP soon. The coverage for bw2 is almost ending. I don't really get if there's anything to speculate.

Anyways, B2 is awesome because it has Latios. On a side note, when you enter a city (not sure if it's in BW), Black2 is black bar showing name while White 2 is white bar showing name.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Get Black 2, then later you can get White and Transfer Challenge Mode from Black on to White, so you can play through Black in the regular version and White in Challenge Mode.
    No sig. Deal with it.

I got both Black1 and White1, but I'm only getting one sequel, White2, for Reshiram, White Kyurem, and Reuniclus.

This is what i was thinking. But tbh it should be down to the person's choice. I played Black, and Black 2 looks awesome, it has Black Kyurem and Latios. But i like White Kyurem more. so for me its White Kyurem vs Latios.
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Getting the sequel to your game is the smartest choice. Why?

You like the other mascot better? Just transfer Reshiram/Zekrom from BW1 and make one of them fuse ith Kyurem.

You want the exclusive area (White forest/Black city) of the other version, the other mode your game doesn't have Challenge/Assist mode , Registeel/Regice and you have the other? Just link with a friend, with Unova link, all them can be unlocked on the other game.

The things you CAN'T change:

Route 4 (Ruins from Relic Castle age) x Route 4 (Newly Built Buildings)

Reverse Mountain appearance Lava/Water.

The area title cards and battle stat bar: White and Black matching their versions.

The exclusive layout of Victory Road and Plasma Frigate

The exclusive appearance of Mistralton City soil near the airport.

The exclusive Pokémon.

The exclusive Join Avenue items.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Emerald View Post
    The things you CAN'T change:

Route 4 (Ruins from Relic Castle age) x Route 4 (Newly Built Buildings)

Reverse Mountain appearance Lava/Water.

The area title cards and battle stat bar: White and Black matching their versions.

The exclusive layout of Victory Road and Plasma Frigate

The exclusive appearance of Mistralton City soil near the airport.

The exclusive Pokémon.

The exclusive Join Avenue items.
    And of course, Opelucid.

Also the gender of the Jellicent that appears in Undella Bay is dependent on your game (B2 gets male, W2 gets female; trivial, I know, but worth mentioning for coverage's sake).
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast