Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Emerald View Post
    Getting the sequel to your game is the smartest choice. Why?

You like the other mascot better? Just transfer Reshiram/Zekrom from BW1 and make one of them fuse ith Kyurem.

You want the exclusive area (White forest/Black city) of the other version, the other mode your game doesn't have Challenge/Assist mode , Registeel/Regice and you have the other? Just link with a friend, with Unova link, all them can be unlocked on the other game.

The things you CAN'T change:

Route 4 (Ruins from Relic Castle age) x Route 4 (Newly Built Buildings)

Reverse Mountain appearance Lava/Water.

The area title cards and battle stat bar: White and Black matching their versions.

The exclusive layout of Victory Road and Plasma Frigate

The exclusive appearance of Mistralton City soil near the airport.

The exclusive Pokémon.

The exclusive Join Avenue items.
    Only one inconsistency with that. Not everyone has friends they usually hang (or not hang) out with that plays pokemon! Thus making it extremely harder for you to reap the benefits of the other version. Though there is also the fact that not everyone has two DSes, but most people by now should if they never did any trade-ins for newer hardware models.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!
    Battle Videos: 76-46243-30729

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, ?

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15
    Battle Videos: 36-03893-83060 88-74442-00286 52-66455-14677

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9
    Battle Videos: 14-81671-46200 93-70560-35930

Spoiler:- :

Did this thread really get approved by a mod or are we finally allowed to start making thread here? If the former. Wow. Just wow.

On topic: the only benefit to having both Black 1 and Black 2 or White 1 and White 2 is access to both Reshiram and Zekrom. If you don't care about that, then look at some of the things Master Emerald listed to decide which one to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Just like most have been saying, I think it depends on the person. I'm getting White2 only because I like White Kyurem, not because I played the first White... Of course, I've play both Black and White, so I guess for me it doesn't really matter either way, lol.
    Now on the other hand, my other 3 brothers have only played one version, the older has play Black, and the younger 2 have played White. But all 3 of them are getting Black2 because of different reasons. The older of the 3 is getting it because he likes Black Kyurem better, the middle one likes the version exclusives better and the 3rd one is getting it because he has always liked Zekrom better then Reshiram.
    So yeah, I'm sticking with, it depends on what the person wants to do.

... Considering you can have both version in the same game it doesnt really matter if you like white kyurem or black kyurem more, the version you get is for the exclusives and the continuity. I had black and white but I played black alot more than I did white so Im getting Black 2

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    I believe Pokemon Co suggested that you get the sequel to your game. I assume it's for continuity, and possibly a future giveaway w/ the dreamworld.
    Yep. That's the plan for me as far as I'm concerned.

Im getting whte 2 ( my sequel) even though some of the ones i waant for my party are in black, i can just trade it anytime. I also prefer regice over registeel
    My Pokemon White 2 Team

Ghost Types Rule!!!!

Rarely any difference, only version exclusives and black city/white forest, honestly you can just trade for version exclusives anyways so imo it makes no difference just as all the previous generations were
    Currently Playing
    White
    FC: 1893 5537 0618
    HeatGold
    FC: 2794 7253 4875

Looking For Will pay Big for these
    Shiny Flawless Jolly/Adamant Dry Skin W/ Drain Punch
    Shiny Flawless Bold Harvest
    SERVICES:

RNG services on all breedable pokemon up to 4th Gen
    EV Training
    Egg Moves
    Cloning
        Spoiler:- My RNG Shiny Pokemon (All Flawless):

im going to get both(even though i only have white) im going to get w2 from my dad on the release date and 2 or 3 weeks later i wwould have saved enough money to get b2 as well

Quote Originally Posted by vapor_trails View Post
    Rarely any difference, only version exclusives and black city/white forest, honestly you can just trade for version exclusives anyways so imo it makes no difference just as all the previous generations were
    It's a bit more than that. All and all, there's:

-Version-Exclusive Pokemon
    -Aesthetic Differences (Opelucid, Route 4, Black City/White Forest (they're the same thing this time around), Mistralton, Rebirth Mountain, the eyecatch and HP bar colors)
    -Layout Differences (the Plasma Frigate and Victory Road are set up differently between games)
    -Keys (Black 2 gets Challenge Mode while White 2 gets Assist Mode)
    -Fes Missions and Join Avenue stuff
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I'm getting Black 2. It's kind of a weird preference of mine to have mismatched versions. Like mentioned already, I can just trade version exclusives, and I have both Reshiram and Zekrom. Just a preference, really.
    POKEMON X

POKEMON Y

3DS Friend Code: 1547 5268 6464
    Black 2 Friend Code: 3225 3404 5298
    White FC: 5372 1482 9341
    Trade sometime?

I chose white, now if i chose B2 it wouldn't make much sense and i would be able to catch zekrom twice and reshiram no times
    Thanks Sworn Metalhead for banner!

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Well, I have both Black and White. But, I play White more because I wanted Braviary more than Mandibuzz. I'll get Black 2 and White 2. But, play Black 2 more. Isn't Black 2 the continuation of White, or is it with Black? I'm confused.
    White comes before white2 Black comes before Black2 Why would it go White then BLACK2 or black then WHITE2?

I have Black and White, but getting Black 2 first for Challange Mode.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

I have Black, and going to get B2 because the Pokemon you can get on it are more for me than on W2!
    (also I like the look of Black Kyreum!)
    FaStRaPiDaSh

I got White 1 and will get White 2, that makes the most sense. I'm not really bothered about exclusives.

To the people worried that they won't be able to get the other dragon if they get the opposite sequel: did you not do the Zekrom/Reshiram event a few months back?
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

^Maybe they didn't own JPN version or wi-fi.

Anyway it seems more right if u own one colored version n continue to buy the second colored version. Like Black and Black 2. Or vice versa.
    But I'm buying both B/W 2.
    It depends on what do you want to get actually. Complete legendary or exclusives.

Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post

Anyway it seems more right if u own one colored version n continue to buy the second colored version. Like Black and Black 2. Or vice versa.
    It depends on what do you want to get actually. Complete legendary or exclusives.

I am buying both as well.
    I don't think it really matters what game you got first and what game you get next if you like black and like White2 just get it or vice versa.
    Forever alone! This Lone Wolf keeps on fighting!
    "I don't want to be alone, I just want to be left alone!"

credit goes to internet for image

Stupid, white 2 gets Easy mode! ! I want a challenge rather than being able to make the game eisier for myself
    Thanks Sworn Metalhead for banner!

I'm getting black 2 for challenge mode :3
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big.

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

It was available for Eng

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    It was available for Eng
    But there was a specific event for Japan versions too. Fact check before fixing.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    It was available for Eng
    I'm pretty sure he knows that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    But there was a specific event for Japan versions too. Fact check before fixing.
    I don't wanna go off topic much more but I did check that and I found it odd that you seemed to suggest that people would travel to Japan for a specific location event given that this is an English language forum.

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

When Black and White came out, I got Black and my sister got White. Now I've already prepaid for White2 and my sister is going to get Black2. We're doing it simply because of the dragon we prefer. Just get whichever you want.
    Black 2 (Badge quest): Flare Lv.16, Aerial Lv.18, Lava Lv.10, Aura Lv.14, Beacon Lv.15, MEOWTH Lv.100 (I know I suck at nicknaming. That's why I never nickname anybody, but for this I will be with the exception of shinies. Also, MEOWTH is only for making money with Pickup.)

Badge count: 1
    Shiny count: 1

Current shiny hunt:0/641
    Shinies:X2 (M/F),,(F)

I got both games, so I am getting both Black 2 and White 2. It only makes sense to do that.
    Pokemon X and Y are great!

White 2 Shinies: Crobat, Dodrio, Rapidash, Gyarados, Gigalith, Nidoking, Luxray, Swoobat, Honchkrow, Jellicent (Male), Dragonite, Basculin, Garchomp, Hippowdon, Gengar, Raticate, Ditto, Dusknoir, Porygon Z, Staraptor, Glaceon, Bibarel, Suicune, Giratina, Sandslash, Nidoqueen, Poliwhirl, Audino, Dialga, Meganium.

XY Shinies: Trevenant, Durant, Whiscash, Luvdisc, Gyarados, Politoed, Kingdra, Clauncher, Sharpedo, Seaking, Crawdaunt, Corsola, Octillery, Basculin, Remoraid, Starmie, Cloyster, Clawitzer, Relicanth, Dragalge, Fearow, Watchog, Huntail.

My Event Pokemon (All): Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Zoroark, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast