Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 238

Thread: Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Does anyone know how getting the alternative sequel will effect memory link? A lot of sites say;
    "The Memory Link feature allows for your Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 games to collect data from
    Black & White related to your game."
    Does this mean you have to have the sequel to your original game in order to link the two, or can you go from White to Black2 and vice versa?

    This is the main thing messing with my decision making. I don't give a flying fruit cake if I end up with a duplicate legendary as I'm sure there'll
    be someone out there looking for a trade. I just don't want to miss out on any new features because of some dumb forced continuity. I'm already
    missing out on cool stuff thanks to not having a 3DS yet.


    It'll still probably some down to a coin toss anyway

    LG scramble challenge GO!
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/ip41zc.jpg[/IMG]
    I made this =3

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Abbey, Tethe'alla
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    I'm getting Black2, but because I don't like Reshiram. >.<


    tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

  3. #103

    Default

    I'm just going to get Black 2 because I have Black version.
    I wish they would have changed the version exclusives so that you could White exclusives in black 2.
    Now I just feel like getting White and then getting White 2.... meh
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

    Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    I know I'm getting White 2 for White Kyurem. I love Kyurem with Reshiram's beauty. If Black Kyurem had a better design I would probably get Black 2 first and then get White 2 next.
    With the release on America coming up, i had to make a choice so I'd rather continue White in White 2.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oh Ottawa!
    Posts
    93

    Default

    I'm getting Black 2 since I had White version. I figured well most of the version exclusives in Black version I never had the chance to catch so now I can catch pokemon like Gothitelle and Whimsicott.
    MY Pokemon Black/White 2 Team:

    :


    Also Rotational:


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    You don't have to, but I'm mainly getting White 2 because I'm a stickler for story continuity.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I'm likely to get White 2 since I have White....

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    197

    Default

    i disagree with the idea that you "get stuff you missed out on." that'd be true IF these were games like platinum or emerald. they aren't, however, and therefore there's nothing in, say, black 2 that you'd have missed in white. in fact, you actually would be better off matching versions by that logic, since a lot of the pokemon exclusive to black are now in white 2 and vice versa (like reshiram and zekrom). in the end you're probably best off buying the version that matches your game, since the storyline makes more sense that way. it isn't really a -huge- detail since there arent a ton of plot differences, but even so, it seems odd to me that someone would play black and then buy the sequel to white.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I think that if you want to follow the story line you should get the sequel to yours, but if you want to catch the pokemon you couldn't catch in your version and see the other version differences than you should get the other sequel. In my opinion I'm going to get White 2, which is the sequel to mine.
    And speaking of buying the sequels I almost got mine yesterday. The person who stocked the shelves at Target accidently put White 2 and Black 2 out for sale. So I asked someone to get one out of the case for me and we went to the checkout. I would have gotten it too until the computer flipped out on the guy. He had to call for help but eventually found out that he couldn't sell it till the 7th. Needless to say, he and I were mad. Him because someone put it on the shelves, and me because I was so close.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The lovely and crazy chiapas
    Posts
    1,903

    Default

    Getting black 2 because of challenge mode and i like the design of the routes better.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

    I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Black 2 cos I played the original Black.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    I'm getting Black 2.. even though I wanted Braviary : (

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I'm getting both but Black2 will be my first game I buy, mainly for the version exclusives and I like Black Kyurem alot better. Since I am getting both I won't have to worry much about continuity since I'll eventually play White2. It never really mattered much to me either way though.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    So it comes out tomorrow which is a Sunday, but most places won't get it till Tuesday because of delivery issues, anyone know any place that may have it tomorrow as opposed to Tuesday?

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirnzee View Post
    So it comes out tomorrow which is a Sunday, but most places won't get it till Tuesday because of delivery issues, anyone know any place that may have it tomorrow as opposed to Tuesday?
    Well, GameStops here in the US will get it tomorrow since they told me (The people at GameStop) that Nintendo's releases tend to come out on a Sunday while Sony's and Microsoft's games come out on a Tuesday.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pickled-witch View Post
    Does anyone know how getting the alternative sequel will effect memory link? A lot of sites say;

    Does this mean you have to have the sequel to your original game in order to link the two, or can you go from White to Black2 and vice versa?

    This is the main thing messing with my decision making. I don't give a flying fruit cake if I end up with a duplicate legendary as I'm sure there'll
    be someone out there looking for a trade. I just don't want to miss out on any new features because of some dumb forced continuity. I'm already
    missing out on cool stuff thanks to not having a 3DS yet.


    It'll still probably some down to a coin toss anyway
    Id like to know this aswell, if anyone has an answer itd be appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    i disagree with the idea that you "get stuff you missed out on." that'd be true IF these were games like platinum or emerald. they aren't, however, and therefore there's nothing in, say, black 2 that you'd have missed in white. in fact, you actually would be better off matching versions by that logic, since a lot of the pokemon exclusive to black are now in white 2 and vice versa (like reshiram and zekrom). in the end you're probably best off buying the version that matches your game, since the storyline makes more sense that way. it isn't really a -huge- detail since there arent a ton of plot differences, but even so, it seems odd to me that someone would play black and then buy the sequel to white.
    The only exclusive pokemon youd get by continuing with the same game is the legendary and new-old poke's, other than that you'll miss oh say, Bravary if you go black both times. I plan on getting black 2 to see a new opelucid and a few other version difference related things but the above question is really bothering me and will likely change my mind if it affects memory link at all.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    21

    Default

    It doesn't really matter what game you get as several before me have mentioned, I personally dislike the appearance of Reshiram and like that of Zekrom and even more so with the new Kyurem forms. I got White first, then later got Black for when I was starting to get bored of White and I will probably do the same withe B2/W2 except I'll get Black 2 first
    3DS Friend Code 4270-0407-8371

    Friend Safari:Kirlia, Floette(Blue) and Jigglypuff

  18. #118

    Default

    Does both B2 and W2 have the challenge mode or is it just B2 and W2 just has easy mode. Anyone know?
    My FC for 5th gen is 4041 2078 1937
    current wifi team
        Spoiler:- MasterBark:

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    B2 has the challenge mode key. W2 has the easy mode key.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the world of sarcasm
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Now is Memory Link cross compatible? For example using Black 2 to link with White? I've been browsing the internet and I haven't gotten an explanation yet.
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

    Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

    NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

    Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    somewhere over the...anime
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo darkrai View Post
    Now is Memory Link cross compatible? For example using Black 2 to link with White? I've been browsing the internet and I haven't gotten an explanation yet.
    Yes it is. Odd how you don't find it anywhere else yet here this has been explained like 800 times XD
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

    Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the world of sarcasm
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Thanks. This is one of the few times that Google has failed me and I don't have the patience to sift through hundreds of pages :P
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

    Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

    NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

    Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo darkrai View Post
    Thanks. This is one of the few times that Google has failed me and I don't have the patience to sift through hundreds of pages :P
    Exactly! I am in the same boat. I plan on getting Black 2 and i have White so i wanted to to make sure they were compatible.
    Looking for a Froakie and a Ditto.



    3DS FC:2020-0956-6239
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Pixie Stix 88
    PSN Gamertag: Pixie_Stix_88
    Pokemon White FC: 1721 2570 4340

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    I'm getting Black 2 because...
    1. Zekrom > Reshiram IMO
    2. I like the Futuristic Style
    3. Challenge Mode FTW!
    4. I had White, so I wanted to switch it up.
    5. Latios!
    Alpha Sapphire

    Badges: 0

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No Where
    Posts
    95

    Default

    I chose white 2 because:
    1)I got white 1 and I don't really like black(my brother had it )
    2)I like these exclusive Pokemon >Blacks exclusive



    Omega - 1/1/13


Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •