Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

I'm gonna get black 2. I really want white 2 just to get reshiram, but i have black so just for continuity reasons im getting black 2.

credit to SEREBII!!

BLACK FC :0090 3060 6783
    BLACK 2 FC : 3440 4353 9691
    3DS FC : 3007 8094 7076
    friend safari : Pansage Ivysaur Quilladin

I have Pokemon Black and I just bought Pokemon Black 2 today. So yeah, I just stuck to the same version probably because the story will relate to Pokemon Black later on.

i bought both cuz i use both of them for storage space for events as im an event collector and i wanted both commemorative coins from Toys R Us and match with my GameStop endcap displays :P
    Jay the Red Ace (JP, Jared, & Jace)
    aka the Late Nite Trader
    OTs: JP, Jayred8, Redace9
    White FC:0776 4217 9859
    3DS LL FC(RedAce9):5172-0911-7988 (ROCK- Pupitar, Nosepass, Rhydon)
    3DS XL FC(jayp7):2191-7641-6658 (GHOST- shuppet, pumpkaboo,???)

For the first time, I actually bought both Pokemon games. I originally had White, but I really wanted both versions (love all the version exclusives) and I'm doing a shiny BQ on black 2 so I needed to have two games anyway.

I don't think it matters TOO much, but for story continuation, I guess get the same one. If you don't care about that and just want the opposite version exclusives, go for the other one. Or, if you can't decide like me, go with both

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by jayred7 View Post
    i bought both cuz i use both of them for storage space for events as im an event collector and i wanted both commemorative coins from Toys R Us and match with my GameStop endcap displays :P
    Those coins look SWEET!
    I bet we don't get anything that kool hear in the U.K. and it doesn't come out till friday

credit to SEREBII!!

BLACK FC :0090 3060 6783
    BLACK 2 FC : 3440 4353 9691
    3DS FC : 3007 8094 7076
    friend safari : Pansage Ivysaur Quilladin

Nah, they should decide for themselves. I bought White 1, but i'm getting Black 2. Funny thing is, my sister does things vice-versa. She bought Black 1 and is getting White 2 when she has enough money.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Dusclops, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

I was thinking for quite a long time now 'cause there is something in each version that I like. I like White Kyurem and White2's Reverse Mountain look. And I like Black2's exclusives (I own HeartGold and all White2's exclusives are the same). I don't really care about Challenge mode, firstly, because it only unlocked after completing the game and then I got my friends, who'll send me a Challenge Key if I ask them. And actually, I think White2's Easy Mode will come in handy 'cause I want to collect every Medal but I'm not very good at Battle Subway. So, I decided to get White2 to compliment my White version

I think they should. They are sequels, after all.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Got Black 2 in contrast to my original White version. Why? You can catch Zekrom and have it with a decent nature as opposed to the forced battles along with the event dragons. That said, looks like I'll be playing physical with Kyurem I'll catch.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Alomomoli View Post
    I was thinking for quite a long time now 'cause there is something in each version that I like. I like White Kyurem and White2's Reverse Mountain look. And I like Black2's exclusives (I own HeartGold and all White2's exclusives are the same). I don't really care about Challenge mode, firstly, because it only unlocked after completing the game and then I got my friends, who'll send me a Challenge Key if I ask them. And actually, I think White2's Easy Mode will come in handy 'cause I want to collect every Medal but I'm not very good at Battle Subway. So, I decided to get White2 to compliment my White version
    From what I remember, easy mode doesn't affect things like the battle subway.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPikachuLevel100 View Post
    Not sure if posted yet but someone got shiny Cresselia. Proof: http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1416679310257.jpg
    I wonder if this means groudon and kyroge can also be shiny.

a bunch of people have probably already said this, but white 2 is the sequel to white, black 2 to black...the reason is, that the main dragon in either game belonged to N, so for white N caught reshiram, and black he caught zzekrom...so in white 2 it'll be reshiram, black to it'll be zekrom...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    From what I remember, easy mode doesn't affect things like the battle subway.
    Sad news Yet I somehow saw that coming
    Immer weiter weg

I was going to get White 2, but I looked at the exclusive on the site and saw that for some strange reason, Garchomp was exclusive to Black 2 and that there was no equivalent for white 2. Every other exclusives as an opposite (electabuzz vs magmar, heracross vs pinsir, etc.) but here, there is no pseudo legendary exclusive to White 2. Is it an error or is it really that dumb?

I regret me and my brother agreeing to buy the sequels in contrast to our versions (with me owning White and Black 2). I didn't know exactly how you could start the game in challenge mode but I finally find out that only a version of Black 2 that has beaten the champion for the first time unlocking the harder difficulty can transfer it.

I wouldn't have bown 30 hours into it (23 on the first play-through and 7 on the second) if I had know this sooner ("Darn it! Nobody reads the manual!" ~Doug Dimadome, owner of the Dimsdale Dimadome).

Serebii Joe, if you're reading this, please update the difficulty settings and Unova link pages to include that you can only transfer settings that you unlock.

Oh well, look at the bright side, 3 Genesect.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 11th October 2012 at 9:02 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

just for continuation purposes, i would get white 2 because i got white. the memory link is a great feature and makes a lot more sense with W-W2,B-B2
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    I think it makes sense.

I agree with you !!

I have White, but I'm going to get Black 2. The main reason is I bough White because you only can have Braviary in White. The reason I'm getting Black 2 is, because of the challange key and shiny Gible, futuristic designs so and so forth. White > Black, but Black 2 > White 2. To be honest.

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: ASTRID | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    Should owners of Pokemon White buy White 2 and vice versa? I suspect that it would benefit you to buy the opposite version given how you can experience things you missed as well as obtain version exclusive Pokemon you may not otherwise have.
    NOPE! I picked Pokemon White in 2011 and I stayed on the White side by picking White 2. WHITE POWER!!!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Between accessing Challenge Mode and the far better (IMO) Pass Powers that Black Levels net you in the Entralink, it was a no brainer to go from my White version to Black 2. My only problem now is I don't know anyone in the area who's actually bought White 2 XP

Yes, I think it they should as it is the sequel. I did, and things are going great

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

I couldn't decide so i got both :P
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Purely so the boxes look right on my shelf, I chose to get White 2, having had White previously.
    To protect us from all that chafing and itching
    It might finally stop all of Jessie's... "complaining"

I got White 2 because I have White 1. I need to finish the story. I don't care for exclusives. But I wouldn't mind if I could get Garchomp. But I wanted to do the Memory Link.

Banner made by Skiyomi

Back in the day, I chose Black simply because of two things: I prefer the color, and I like the futuristic environments. This generation was actually the first time I didn't prefer one cover legendary over the other. I think Reshiram is just as cool as Zekrom.

Because of this choice, I bought Black 2. It just makes more sense to me to choose the sequel to the game you own. Game Freak also recommended that you did so... So I did so. (And I secretly adore the Black 2 box art.)

I'm definitely going for Black2. In the prequels I bought White, with the idea that White Forest might be awesome. Since back then nothing much was known to me about Black&White so I imagined it'd be something like the treehouse city in the RSE games. Since Black had a city I couldn't imagine that White would just have a forest. I was wrong. It's just a forest where you can catch some lvl5 pokemon from previous regions. I had my SoulSilver game for that, so it was a total let down Hearing Black having a city where you can battle trainers, I was kind of jealouse :P So I am defiinitely going to buy Black2!
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast