Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

I got Black and White, and Black 2 and White 2. So yeah, I don't really miss out on anything.

Bought White originally, so this time I went for...Black 2.

Funny how it seems that nobody is going with a Black 1/White 2 pattern though.
    Breeder of many Treeckos, master of none.

it just makes more sense to me to continue the story ... B > B2

i have white and decided to get white 2, so i get Reshiram because i already have Zekrom. so if i want any pokemon from black 2 that aren't in white 2, I'll just trade with a freind. problem solved. so overall, my decision was based on the legendary pokemon (pokemon my friends wouldn't trade me.)
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

I never intended to get White2 coz I have White. I rather get B2 since I get to play in the diff version. There's no continuation since the games are the same. But mom bought me White2 ^^; I had no other choice, nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Xweek View Post
    Bought White originally, so this time I went for...Black 2.

Funny how it seems that nobody is going with a Black 1/White 2 pattern though.
    Actually, I did lol. I got Black the first time so I got White 2 this time...not really thinking about "continuing the story" because I kinda figured the story is pretty much the same in both games, unless I'm missing something? Besides the version exclusives, Black City/White Forest, and aesthetic differences I don't really see them as completely separate games. Yet again I didn't do too much research into these games before I received White 2 because I didn't really want to be spoiled. I doubt I will regret getting the opposite of what I got last time.

So I had Black origanally bthen lost it(along with 3 years of events and about 400 pokemon I have trained completley). Then a friend gave me his Wwhite to replace it and he never played it. So I've played through both multiple times. So I'll get both probably whenever I get the moneys.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

I tend to always pick the least popular of the two versions (Blue over Red, Gold over Silver, Pearl over Diamond, etc). So since everyone bought White, I got Black and 2 is a continuation and so bLACK II

I Like Traffic Lights

Although Black was my primary game (I had White, too, and I'd finished it before restarting), I bought White 2, mainly because they didn't have Black 2 in stock at Tesco, and besides, Fire > Water to me. However, it did lead to some amusing instances when I Memory Linked with my Black, such as N being the hero of Reshiram when my PC in Black should've been.

I got Black 2, I always get the first game...

Except I got Silver instead of Gold....

I was researching what legendaries appear on which version and I was aiming for a Latios. But when I got to the store I forgot what it was. I spent a minute standing and holding the two copies trying to remember but nothing happened. So I just took returned one and took the other one without looking at what I got and I got the Black 2 version. Lucky me I got it right hahaha.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I got Black and Black 2. I'll probably get White 2 at some point though...

I got both Black and White, so I got both Black 2 and White 2 too.

I always buy both versions.

I got Black 2, even though I had bought White first. What ultimately swayed it for me was the Challenge Key. Part of it was that I'm the only one around the area that plays, and I really saw no reason in buying both games just to get a hard mode. I was fine with not getting Reshiram, I can always just trade for it. On top of all of that though, I wanted a lot of the Black 2 version exclusives, so it worked out for the better.

I got Black 1 because of Reshiram. However, I liked KyuRam's design so much I decided to get White 2 to get KyuRam even though the story would still be in Universe White Version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.

I wanted the version exclusives, so I went from White to Black 2 and I'm kinda bummed I'm apparently getting Zekrom again. Ah well.

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

If you got white you should get white 2 (and visa versa), because you will get the opposite mascot. Zekrom on b2 and reshiram on w2. As for other differences, there aren't many. I guess black2 still has mandibuzz, but reversal mountain and black city/white forest, aren't really that different. i would suggest getting the second game, e.g. black-black 2. (that's what i did, but with white)
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I think they've done a good job in making Black 2 and White 2 in such a way that you don't feel like you're missing out on anything too megaly-overly-important if you missed out on Black 1 and White 1, while still using the story somewhat to make you curious about Black 1 and White 1 so that you might consider getting one of them.

I'm not sure either way if I'll get a prequel yet, I want to get as much out of White 2 first, but it's a definite possibility that I'll get it. On the other hand by the time I've done everything in White 2 they'l probably announce generation 6, in whichcase I may hold out for that.

In answer to the original question, I think the games stand very well on their own, but it might be fun to get the sequel or prequel if you missed out on it or just want a new Pokemon game. xD

I don't think it matters which game you get. I choose Black 2 for Zekrom/Black Kyurem.

I went from Black to White 2. I really like Reshiram so the fact that the legendary pokemon is the same doesn't botter me ^^

White 2 also has LatiAs so thats also a plus
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    I tend to always pick the least popular of the two versions (Blue over Red, Gold over Silver, Pearl over Diamond, etc). So since everyone bought White, I got Black and 2 is a continuation and so bLACK II
    This happens to me too.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/sy0adu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2445pqo.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit goes to eeveelover824 for the team pose and SM for the userbar

I really liked Black so I bought Black 2. I wish they would have kept Reshiram in Black 2.
    Last edited by nekomi; 13th November 2012 at 4:08 PM.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/sy0adu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2445pqo.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit goes to eeveelover824 for the team pose and SM for the userbar

I always plan on getting both games eventually, one on release, and one a few months later, so it doesn't really matter to me. I own both Black and White, but since Black was the first one I got, I changed it up and got White 2. I'll probably be getting Black 2 sometime after Christmas.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Pokemon Y

I normally go for the version that I prefer, which seems to have the mascot I prefer. Chose REd (Charizard), Silver (Lugia), Ruby (Groudon), Fire Red (Charizard again), Diamond (Dialga), Soul Silver (Lugia again) and Black (Reshiram).

This still doesn't sotp me getting the alternate versions later on at some point, along with the 3rd version updates. Because I got Black though I though Black 2 would have to follow, mainly for continuity purposes.
    My Pokemon Y friend safari: Normal type (Lillpup, Minccino & Eevee)
    Seeking dragon safari - Dratini!

My Black 2 PWT Singles Champion teams
    Team 1: Team 2:

My Black 2 PWT Type Expert champions
    Normal: Grass: Fire: Water:
    Electric: Ice: Fighting: Poison:
    Ground: Flying: Psychic: Bug:
    Rock: Ghost Dark: Steel:
    Dragon:

3DS Friend code: 0903-3206-5594

I buy one version. That's it. Don't hate, but i think buying the other version in the same region is unnecessary.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast