Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

I always buy both *shrugs*

It sucks that pokemon games don't have multiple save files on one cartridge.

Honestly I think we should so we can have the chance to experience things(black city, white forest, etc.) from a new perspective.

Didn't Game Freak say that we're supposed to get the same color as before? Obviously Black 2 is a sequel to Black, not White. And White 2 is the sequel to White, not Black.

And I don't get why people care about version exclusives so much: Ever heard of the GTS?
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Absolutely get them. They're fantastic games. Get the sequel to the one you have though. Otherwise you'll get Reshiram/Zekrom twice.
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

It doesn't really matter.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

It really depends on whether or not you want to have the same legendary - therefore black kyurem/white kyurem
    (Without trading)

My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

My shinies:

Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileFan View Post
    Otherwise you'll get Reshiram/Zekrom twice.
    Wanna know what I call this? Bargaining tools.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!
    Battle Videos: 76-46243-30729

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, ?

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15
    Battle Videos: 36-03893-83060 88-74442-00286 52-66455-14677

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9
    Battle Videos: 14-81671-46200 93-70560-35930

Spoiler:- :

I got Black and Black 2, while my friend is getting White 2, so we could trade for version exclusives and stuff like that

i got Black 2, friend gets White 2, everyone happy

idk i plan on being white 2 soon since i have white already

Name: Alexis
    FC: 3969-5554-2965

~Please come visit my trade thread!~
    Lmfao a passerby is spamming #YOLOSWAG

Cloning Services/Event Trading currently unavailable (Ty Brother >.<)

I got Black 2 for continuity, I liked the version exclusives in White 2 more, but I usually just trade Pokémon from my other games.

I think so. I played White and bought White 2, and it really did make a great sequel continuing directly from what happened in White. Black 2 was supposed to continue from Black, so I guess yeah, we'd be better getting the same color as before so that our story continues better. I don't really know for sure though, I haven't played Black OR Black 2. xD

I have Black and Black 2. I also have White, but my boyfriend is currently playing it. In the future when he's done, I will get white 2.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

My lady bought me White because she knew I liked Zekrom. I was going to switch it up and get Black 2 because it had Black Kyurem and black is my favorite color, but I ended up receiving both games for Christmas.

I know this doesn't matter but when B/W came out, I figured they would follow the pattern and Grey would come out and focus on Kyurem.
    I saw Kyurem and thought he was cool, I like the color Grey as well. I was already decided that I had to get that game.

So good job Nintendo, you managed to get 3 games out of me instead of my planned 2!
    Last edited by Thomas Elliot; 7th January 2013 at 10:23 PM.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Well, I had Black so I bought Black 2, but that's just me. I'm a little OCD. Plus, it's a sequel to the other so yes, you should. But then again, it doesn't really make a difference... That's my opinion.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Got Black, then bought Black 2. I prefer this color and Black City. The legend is not a problem - I can just transfer my pokemon from Black and get Reshiram this way. Pity I do not have two DS consoles but I will find a way. On the other hand White Forest looks pretty...

Pokemon Black & White 2 or Pokemon White & Black 2

Not only will you get as much benefit with the version exclusive opposites: You're not buying "more or less the same game".
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

i got black first, but then i got white 2...
    i did this because i wanted the version exclusives (reunculis...)
    also, because you need to see all the pokemon to get that shiny haxorus, i chose a different version
    so, black/white--> a tiny bit of continuity-->black/white 2
    black/white--> version exclusives --> white/black 2
    obviously, its up to you
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

It's very nostalgic when you get black then black 2 and same with the white versions, but I usually get both. I kinda ruined the nostalgia for myself when my main game is black and then I got white 2. It doesn't really matter either way though.

It doesn't really matter which one you get, weather you first get white then White 2/Black 2 or vice versa. Unless your wanting version exclusive then you want to get the sequel to the one you got first.
    For me it didn't matter at all cause I got White and my sister got Black. When W2/B2 were released I got both and pretty much got my sister's black version now, so I'll have no problem getting all the pokemon.(she's pretty much quit playing pokemon all together. An just to be frank she was never really into it in the first place. She probably just played it cause I did lol).

If you do get get white then black 2 or vice versa, you can always try GTS or even GTS Neg. IMO though GTS is just darn right frustrating, you have to be lucky just to find a decent trade without seeing it all cluttered with them wanting a legendary lv 9 and under -_-
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
        Spoiler:- 6 Region Nuzlocke Challenge:

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I've got white 1 and black 2. I don't care about which version is better than the other one for certain aspects of the game, I'd say that story wise every part has the same story overall but if you'd like total continuity it's maybe more interesting for taking the same "color" than which you already own ;-)

I chose to go with Black 2 since I had gotten Black first (and then white later) and since I'm using a Black DSi. Like everyone else has said, it is purely personal preference and whether you have access to version exclusives another way.
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

Seems legit.
    3DS friend code: 0662 2944 5621

Normal Safari with Ditto, Teddiursa, and Loudred.

Favorite Pokemon and Mega: Swampert and Mega Chomp.

My competitive team for X (still needs fixing): Softboil Blissey, Hazard Forretress, King's shield Aegislash, Poison Heal Gliscor, Mega Garchomp, Offensive Greninja.

I wish they had switched the exclusives for B/W2 so W2 had Pokemon like Gothita and B2 had Solosis ect for those who only buy one version and wanted to get the squeal to the version they got the first time around

I played Black first (and most), and White second.
    When I imported, I bought White 2 just for Reshiram. (Gotta love Reshi~)
    Then I bought Black 2 at the English launch.
    However, in terms of storyline/gameplay/areas, I could see how someone who's only played, say, Black could get confused if they bought the opposite sequel. (Especially for younger fans of the series.)
    My Japanese is very intermediate, so there were parts of the game that were slightly confusing, being more used Pokemon Black.
    Yes, I like Problem?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast